• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 316 Views, 5 Comments

A Good Share of Worlds - Sea Pony



Winter Song become a ambassador for the Veil's new empire.

  • ...
 5
 316

Judgment

''We need to kill her.''

Leaf gaped at me as if I had gone insane. I couldn't really blame him. ''Are you insane?! You want to kill your own sister?!''

''Look before I died in the war I learned how to separated a spark in pieces that how I defeated Infinitus. But to be able to do that I need direct access to her soul and the only way to do that is to kill her. I will try to make this as clean as possible so she don't suffer but we don't have a choice.''

''Are you sure you're really the same Winter Song I know. Because the one I knew would rather die rather than hurting her family.'' Leaf had a bitter scowl as he said that.

''Leaf have you seen the damage Phoenix has done? she has burned houses and killed soldiers and if it continue she might kill innocent civilians maybe even children. Do you know what kind of emotional wounds that would do to a mare as kindhearted as Meek Sky? A lot worse than any pain she would feel even if we did our worse on her physical body.''

I could see that Leaf tried very hard to come out with any retort he could but he didn't find any. ''Fine, but I swear if you make her suffer more than you need to I will make your life a living tartarus Goddess or no Goddess.''

I took his warning to heart even though in my mind I knew Leaf couldn't really do much against me.

Without warning I charged at Phoenix. while running I shouted a jet of water which I quickly transformed into a spear of ice. I aimed at Phoenix's heart but predictably she dodged by taking the air with her fire wings.

I created nine more spears and threw them all in Phoenix direction. Normally I wouldn't so much magic in a single attack but as long as the rain was there I could afford to be a little careless.

the spears all missed save ones who made a small cut on Phoenix's foreleg. I could feel Leaf stare behind my back but he said nothing.

It was complicated normally at this point I would do smaller but harder to dodge attack so I could slow down my foe but I couldn't risk to hurt Meek Sky more than she need to. That when I got a idea so insane it could actually work.

''Leaf! I got a idea but it will take time I need you to distract her!'' Leaf was clearly not at his full power right now but he nodded nonetheless.

I flew a little farther as soon as Leaf engaged Phoenix. I tried to block out the sound of spells being casted and focused on my target. It was even harder than I thought it would be there was a lot of things in the way.

After a few minutes I could tell Leaf was getting at the end of his rope. I tried to go quicker but I couldn't rush I would not have a second chance at this. Finally I was able to focus on what I wanted and I hit it with my magic at full force.

I heard Leaf gasped followed by a loud 'thunk' when I opened my eyes I saw a sculpture of ice staring daggers at me in pure hatred. If I didn't knew better I would have thought this was just a weird piece of art but it was actually Phoenix.

Leaf stared at me in shock. ''What did you do?! She sudenly just turned into ice out of nowhere!''

''A pony body is made of 70% water. It was really hard to not focus on the other 30% of her body but I managed it thanks to your distraction. But even with the rain most of my magic has been drained I don't think this is a viable way to defeat enemies unless I find a way to save magic while casting it.''

''So what now? Do we need to break her into pieces?'' Leaf asked clearly getting sick by the idea of hurting something that even remotely look like Meek Sky.

''Don't worry about it. She's arleady dead her organs have been turned to ice nopony would survive that. Now we just need to wait for the spark.'' Leaf was clearly distraught by the news. I put a comforting hoof on him.

''Don't worry Leaf we will have our Meek Sky back in three days, just hang on until then okay?'' Not waiting for a response I trotted toward the sculpture.

Just as I arrived ball of light rose from the ice coffin. I was afraid it would be hard to figure what part of her spark was the shards but these worries were dashed as soon as I saw it. Spark all have a different kind of colors that usually represent a certain trait of someone.

Meek Sky's spark was a healthy green color that remind me of lush forests full of plants and animals. But at the right side a small part of the spark was a vicious red like a burning volcano waiting to erupt it was about one fourth of the spark. I was relieved that most of the spark belonged to my sister I was afraid I had to cut her spark in half.

I poured my magic into the soul and separate the red part from the green. But before I could contain the red part to imprison it later a shockwave knocked me away. And like a bolt of lightning the shard of life flew away. I swear I had heard a incoherent scream of rage just before it disapeared but I could have imagined it.

The green spark was a lot more calm and serene it slowly flew away in direction of Ponyville. Leaf and me looked at each other and nodded and we decided to make our way back home while following my sister's spark.

- - - - -

Harmony sighed in frustration. The Empire had bring many good things in the last half century. But he hated assisting in their little reunion because it always ended with the same thing. Bickering and more bickering until the sun went down.

The Council used to be much simpler each Elders took care of their area of expertise and that was that. He admited it might have been for that reason that Gaia was able to do so much harms. But honestly sometime he wondered if arguing every single weeks was any better.

Normally Harmony would tuned out the conversation and pretend he was listening when someone asked a question. But today he had to actually focused on the conversation, because the outcome of today would actually affect him on a personal level.

''We should arrest both of them! Meek Sky burned down a good part of the town and Winter Song fought against authorities to protect that terrorist. she deserve just as worse a punishment as her sister for helping that pyromaniac!'' Said a man in a angry and impatient voice.

The man in question was called Vegeta he was a representant of the race known as Saiyan. Harmony honestly didn't know why the race even had a seat in the Empire. There was like six member of that races and only two of them were 'pure' saiyan. But still apparently the race was so powerful that even with that minuscule number they could still threaten most races in the multiverse

''Always with the hasty decisions Vegeta. We should understand what really happened before making a judgement beside we can't really come to a real decicion before Princess Celestia and Queen Elizabeak join us.''

The woman who spoke was Queen Zelda who represented the Hylian race she was nowhere near the most powerful being in this room but she was a pretty decent sorceress and no one could match her wisdom apart from maybe Celestia.

''Maybe I could call my son so he could make time move faster.'' Everyone responded with a loud 'NO!'

The one who had sugest that was Arceus who represented the Pokemon world. Honestly Harmony was surpised when he had been chosen. The whole goal of the Empire was to make in sort the mortals ruled the multiverse without the gods looking down on them. But the Pokemon wanted no one else than Arceus for the role of leader so a exception was made.

So since most gods were excluded why was Harmony there you might ask? Well after a few years The Empire realised they might really step into someone toes if they made every decisions without consulting any gods. So the Empire decided to treat the gods as any other races and Harmony was the one chosen as their leader.

Honestly it should have been Author. But a little known fact about Author is that he hated politic more than anything. Author like to watch things from afar. In fact if it wasn't for the other Elder Gods Author would probably have become so reclusive that the mortals would have questioned his existence.

A knock interupted Harmony musing. When the door opened the two missing leaders were revealed. Queen Elizabeak had her feathers ruffled. Celestia probably had to teleport here with the Queen in tow despite how much she hated it.

''No that our almighty goddess has graced us with her presence can we get on with this?'' Vegeta rudely said. If Celestia was offended in any way by the jab she didn't show it.

Harmony finally spoke. ''So how should we proceed Celestia? Two of your subjects are accused of terrorism.''

''From what I understand.'' Celestia began, many leader rolled their eyes knowing that by that she meant she knew absolutely everything about the case. ''There are a lot of magic factor involved in this attack and one of the accused is a Goddess in training. So I would suggest they go to the court of the gods.''

Many protests started as soon as she finished. ''The court of the gods seriously? You know they would make any excuses to protect a fellow god!'' The leader of the orcs said while slamming a fist on the table.

Celestia smiled in a way that made everyone know they arleady lost the argument. ''That's why I chose Author as the judge.''

You could hear a pin drop at her declaration. Author was the fairest judge you could find but not many people would choose him as a judge. Because being judged by him involve revealing every single little detail about your life no matter how intimated or buried within your subconscious it is.

The last person who was judged by Author was none other than Elder Gaia.

- - - - -

One week later I was standing in front of the court. I would have lied if I said I wasn't nervous. Normally I didn't care much for authorities. But the one standing was different he was the creator of all things. He might even be able to erase me from existence if he wanted to.

...Okay maybe not I don't think even Author is powerful enough to just erase something out of existence. Not something with a soul at least.

What also made me nervous about this trial was that for some reasons there was no defense or prosecution. Which meant I wouldn't have somepony that was against me but it also meant I wouldn't have anypony in my corner.

Where is Phoenix Wright when you need him?

The trial of Meek Sky had arleady been dealt with. And despite heavy protests from the empire she was acquitted of all charges. But they were searching for Phoenix so she could answer for her crimes.

Author slammed his gavel on the table. ''Today we begin Winter Song's trial. The defendant is accused of aiding in the terrorist attack of the Griffonia capital and assault on authorities. How does the defendant plead?''

I scoffed and responded. ''Justified defense for the assault on authorities and in case you forgot I was the one that stopped the terrorist attack.''

My response earned a few mutters from the crowd. It seems some members of the empire council were here and for some reasons they seemed to have a vendetta against me. As far as I know I never did anything against them so I don't know why they want to see me fall I will need to investigate this.

But back on the trial Author slammed his gavel. ''Very well we will now begin the ritual of memories.''

Author began to glow brightly. Many members of the audience had to cover their eyes. Slowly but surely I felt something stir inside of me.

Every moments of my life and my unlife began to play backwards in my head with extreme lucidity to a point I had to remind myself multiple times I wasn't traveling in time I was merely seeing memories.

The memories came at rapid sucessions until the day I was born all those years ago. For some reasons Author continued the ritual I was about to tell him to stop when something shattered inside of me. Like a sort of barrier that was always present inside my mind was torn appart like a glass.

That's when I began to get memories that were foreign to me. The memories of my last incarnation and my dad Peace Dreamer. The memories started the day he died at the hands of Free Dreamer. And then I saw all his adventures how he fell in love with my mom. How he became friends with Soft Paw, Brew Blade and Sonata. The struggle he had to go throught while traversing griffonia on his way to Equestria. The first time he died back on Earth.

Surprisingly the life of my father before coming to Equestria was pretty dull there wasn't much that stood out. He felt like a totally different person when he was human. To be blunt he was boring he followed the laws of Earth to a letter never once going on a adventure. Maybe that just how humans live but I couldn't imagine a life without at least encountering a monster once in a while.

And then even more foreign memories began to invade my mind. All sort of strange lives filled my mind from Pokemon trainers to being a pokemon myself, great adventurers going on a quest to stop dark lords, boring farms lifes in medieval worlds, Flying throught space and exploring every planets I could in the hope of creating a map of the galaxy, becoming a master Jedi and bring balance to the galaxy, being a dragons and being misunderstood by fearful villagers and finally we came to my first incarnation Roxanne Dreamer.

'Hello Winter, I didn't expect to come back but I'm happy to see you're still alive and well.'

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment