• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 315 Views, 5 Comments

A Good Share of Worlds - Sea Pony



Winter Song become a ambassador for the Veil's new empire.

  • ...
 5
 315

Ancient Power And Dancing Zebra


The Oasis Prison. For more than three thousands years this giant tower have kept imprisoned the most dangerous criminals that endangered the multiverse.

The tower is separated in five sections. At the lowest floors are common mortals. Most of them mercenaries or fanatic members of cults who followed an insane god or goddess in a quest for power.

In the second sections are the demi-gods and elementalists. Some people who grow up in a normal family turn greedy with power when they discover they can control the same type of magic the gods have.

On the third section are what we could call lesser gods. But don't call them like that in public they won't be too happy about it. Not all the gods have the power to destroy cities in a matter of minutes. Some are less gift with their magic. Don't get me wrong thought even if they are weak compared to other gods these beings are still a very real threat for mortals and that why they are so high in the tower.

On the fourth sections are the real gods. These being are not to be taken lightly. On most other sections it's the angels that take care of the criminals. But on the fourth section the Elder Gods had to call the help of Guardians to keep them in check. Yes the prisonners have anti-magic collars but even with those we can't take chances when it come to these criminals.

And finally there the fifth section. This section consist of a single floor and a single cell. It has no window and instead of bars the prisoner is kept by a strong anti-magic wall of steel.

This floor never been used since the Oasis prison existed and The Council was all too happy that this floor didn't have to be used... That is until fifty years ago. Now this floor is imprisoning the most dangerous criminal of the entire multiverse.

The Mad Elder Goddess of Life Gaia. Fifty years ago this woman would have look like as if she was the personification with everything evil in mother nature. When she was hovering above the Veil threatening to commit genocide on the entire human race you could have believe that it was her that created every disease existent in the world just to make our life miserable.

Now fifty years in the future she just look like a brocken mare. After the war she lost her immortality and it showed. Time had not been too kind to her. She had wrinkles all over the face that made her looked twenty years older than she really was. There was not a single speck of colors remaining in her gray mane. And her green coat had paled with time now looking more like the color of an old apple instead of the healty green color of grass.

Looking at her you could think she was not a threat anymore. But you would be very, very wrong. For her body may be weaker than it was before. But her magic burned with with the power of a thousand suns. For on that faithful day Gaia had sense the magic of someone coming back in the realm of the living.

Her magic came roaring back with one single purpose: Kill Winter Song.

- - - - -

Unknowing that I had just atracted the attention of my worse ennemy. I look up at the building in front of me with a puzzled expression. ''I don't think dad gave me the right address when I asked him where Brew Blade worked.''

In front of me was a building with a neon light that proudly stated the name of the establishment 'Exotic Fantasy'. And if I weren't sure what this place was about the pictures of mares giving me bedroom eyes made it clear.

With a sigh I pushed the door and was greeted by the blaring techno music and multicolors light dancing everywhere on the ground. With no surprise I saw multiple stallion looking dumbly at the dancers in front of them.

One thing I noticed was that none of the dancers were Equestrian, There was a griffin girl who was showing her backside to her customers while also showing her wingspan.

In the back there was a Saddle Arabian mare who looked almost as shy as my mom. Well okay I think my mom would look even more shyer than that if she saw so many Stallions looking at her like this.

There was even a Diamong Dog that seemed to have attracted quite a crowd. I shook my head I have seen enough of this place arleady I got to find Brew Blade and get out of here.

I looked around and didn't see my zebra friend anywhere. Then my eyes caught a door with the sign 'Employees Only' that must be where Brew Blade is.

Before I could reach however a bouncer step in front of me. ''Ma'am this area is restricted.''

''I have to see Brew Blade.'' I replied with a determined frown.

''You can see her at three p.m. when she's working.''

I stomped my hoof. ''I won't be able to talk to her when she work! I have to talk to her right now!'' The towering stallion scoffed at me.

''Look lady unless you're secretly a Alicorn Princess you won't pass this door.''

I smirked at that. ''And what about a Guardian Goddess?''

He frowned at me. ''Yeah and I'm the leader of the Breezies. Get out of here kid and try to find a better lie next time the Guardian Goddess died fifty years ago.''

''Oh you want to play like that? Fine I don't need your authorization.'' With that I ran for the door but the stallion ran in front of me.

What he didn't expect was that when I ran into him instead of knocking me over I exploded into a liquid mass. As the bouncer just stood there dumbly trying to comprehend what happened I slip under the crack of the door. Once all of the water had passed throught the water turned into the form of a pony and I turned back into bones and flesh.

I resist the urge to shudder after my body was complete. It still feel weird to turn into water. Let's hope I won't have to do that too often.

Inside the rooms I could see a Some more strippers getting ready for their next show in front of a mirror. Some of them looked at the new arrival but just turn back to the mirror when they saw I was a mare probably thinking I didn't swing that way.

But I push these thoughts aways, Golden Pie is the only girl for me. I trotted in search of my zebra friend. Finally I found her she was busy putting makeup but as soon as she saw me her lipstick dropped to the floor.

''Winter Song?! You're alive?! Not only that but you're in a strip club? Don't tell me you're here for a job, because if you are not only I disapprove but you are also not exotic enough to fit in here.''

I decided to mess a little with her and fluttered my eyelashes. ''What a Guardian Goddess is not rare enough for you? I'm the only one in the multiverse.'' Brew didn't looked impressed at my response. I rolled my eyes ''No I'm not here for a job. I'm here for you, I didn't expect to find you in a place like this, what is the deal?''

The Zebra sighed and then looked at me right in the eyes ''Do you know how boring the job of guard became once you died? Not that it was that thrilling before. But after you left, Equestria entered in a sort of peaceful golden age. Which honestly I'm happy about but there was nothing left for the guards to do except looking good while escorting Celestia and Luna.''

I sat on the floor and crossed my forehooves. ''Gee sorry that me bringing peace to Equestria bring you so much distress.'' I replied sarcastically.

Brew Blade huffed at me. ''Anyway I had planned to go andventuring with Sonata after Equestria came to peace but since he died I had no one to go with so I decided to settle down for a less boring job. Being here isn't so bad I got to dance in front of a crowd and show them some bits from time to time and every guys get happy and very generous.''

I frowned at her. ''Brew you're one of the best archer I know and you found ways to include alchemy in battle like no other Zebras before, you deserve better than this. Why didn't you go adventuring with my father?''

''Do you know your father Winter? By hearing his crazy adventures in Equestria you might have thought he was the adventuring type. But he's not, the only reason why he got in so many problems was because he wanted to protect his family. But the truth is he's a family stallion and he will do everything he can to settle down with Fluttershy and his foals. He won't go adventuring if he has no reason to.''

Brew blade smile at me. ''It's seem like protecting the ones you love is a trait all the reincarnation of Roxanne share I think you and your father still have mermaid magic left in you.''

I lifted a eyebrow at that. ''Mermaid? What do they have to do with protecting family?''

''You mean to tell me you learned your first incarnation was a mermaid fifty years ago and you never bothered to make a research on them?'' At my sheepish smile she sighed in frustration. ''Typical'' She muttered.

''Mermaid used to be very powerful water elementalists like you. They were the most powerful mortal race of Oasis even the gods feared them. There are many legends of mermaid turning armies against themself and destroying entire kingdoms because some of the citizens had hurt their children. Some of the gods fearing that these beings would turned against them banded together and killed all of them as you probably arleady know the legendary Roxanne was the only survivor.''

''So does this mean mermaids are extinct nowaday?'' I asked my Zebra friend.

''Yes and no the species still exist but the magic that made them one of the most powerful race vanished with Roxanne's death. In fact the Sea Ponies have a very similar culture to the mermaids maybe you will meet one, one day.''

I looked at the clock and realised I still didn't do what I came here for. ''Brew Blade I almost forgot with all this talk but I came here for a favor.''

Brew Blade had her interest piqued. ''What do you want? I hope you're not asking for a dance because I'm going to tell your wife.''

I coughed and tried at my best abilities to hide my blush. ''No! Of course not. I came back to life because of Elder Harmony. In return he asked me to help him to bring the Gaia branch and Kira branch together. But before that he want me to go to Zebrica and find the soul of Phoebe the High Elf who fought against Titiritero in the Discord's game.''

Brew passed a hoof throught her mane. ''Oh yes the perverted daughter of Gaia who had the power of light. I'm a little surprise they waited for so long to help her.''

It was then she realised what I said. ''Wait Zebrica, as in Zebrica, Zebrica? My old country? You know I have been banished from there don't you?''

''Oh come on you've just been banished from your tribe not the entire country. What are the chances that Phoebe's soul landed in your old village?'' At that moment fate looked down at me and laughed.