• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 316 Views, 5 Comments

A Good Share of Worlds - Sea Pony



Winter Song become a ambassador for the Veil's new empire.

  • ...
 5
 316

Los Pegasus

Los Pegasus the biggest pegasus city ever made. Many ponies outside of Equestria believe that it is Cloudsdale that is bigger since it is the capital of the pegasus race. But Cloudsdale is merely the biggest city in the sky. Las Pegasus had many cloud houses but most of the buildings were on the ground.

earth ponies and unicorns are welcomed in the city . Unlike Cloudsdale where the other tribes can't live there because they would fall throught the clouds. Nonetheless pegasi made the bulk of the population of the city.

Los Pegasus is also one of the only pegasus city that doesn't have a heavy military history. Don't get me wrong you will find military history here. No matter where they go pegasi have too much loyalty to get away from the guards. But Los Pegasus didn't become what it is because of the guards but because of the entertainment industry.

Manehattan is the capital of theatre but Los Pegasus is the capital of everything else in Equestria. Movies, video games, radio broadcast, fashion shows, etc.

Las Pegasus was also the place where The Wonderbolts came the most often outside of Cloudsdale.

I yawned as I stepped out of the train with Golden Pie. Los Pegasus had been a long way from Ponyville by train. A mare passed in front of me she was shaking like a leaf and her face was pale as if she had seen a ghost, wait a minute.

''Spooky Prank what did I tell you about scaring ponies?'' I glared at my daughter who was lazily floating beside me trying to hold back a grin.

''Oh come on! Don't be a stick in the mud. Scaring ponies is so much fun. At least I don't have to go on crazy and dangerous adventures to entertain myself like somepony I know.'' She said while looking at me.

I huffed in response. ''I am the Guardian Goddess it's my job to protect ponies from danger you on the other hoof you have no excuses.''

''Pfff you were going on adventures way before you became a Goddess. If I keep this up maybe I will become the Goddess of pranks!''

I rolled my eyes. ''If the Elder Gods name you a Goddess for that maybe Gaia wouldn't be the most evil of them all after all.'' My daughter huffed and float away with a pout.

Golden Pie giggled at the exchange. I frowned and looked at her. ''Golden are you sure it's a good idea to visit your father with me? You know he never liked me that much.''

Golden Pie sighed sadly. ''My father is as stubborn as a earth pony, maybe because his ex wife and his own daughter are part of that race it rubbed of off him. He think that you failed me when Muerto Titiritero putted the curse on me and killed me. Instead of blaming Titiritero like he should, he blamed you and he's too stubborn to admit that it was my own fault. I'm the one that jumped in front of the curse to protect you. You had no way to stop it.''

I looked down. ''I did fail you. I should have killed that bastard before you became involved in this.''

Without warning I received a slap on the face. ''Ow!'' I exclaimed and looked at Golden Pie in shock.

''Don't ever say that again! You never failed me Winter. You think I didn't know what I got myself into when I started dating you?! You're mother is a hero! And it was clear from the moment I saw you that you wanted to follow in her hoofteps! If I was afraid of the danger I would have dated another mare! But I didn't! I love you Winter Song no matter when you are at home in bed with me or when you're out there risking your life for ponies you barely met I love all of you not just part of it! Maybe my father don't love you but I don't give a damn! You're stuck with me until the end of times and beyond!''

I stared at the wonderful mare in front of me and couldn't believe how lucky I was to be her wife. A few tears escaped from my eyes. ''I don't deserve somepony like you. I love you so much Golden Pie. Promise me you will never put yourself in danger for me again. I know it selfish of me to ask you that after all the time I put myself in danger. But you're stronger than me, when you died that day it destroyed me. I think that if I didn't died against Gaia I could have easily become somepony like Time Skip.''

''Time Skip was evil you would never be like him.'' Golden Pie tried to reassure me. but I shook my head.

''The only difference between me and Time Skip is that the one who tried to kill his loved one was working for good people. If Titiritero was working for The Council I would have turned against them when you died.''

I sighed and looked at Golden Pie. I wiped away a few tears and said. ''Ponies think I am courageous because I'm the Guardian Goddess and I fight against dangerous foes. The truth is I'm a coward, I placed myself on the front line because I would prefer to die instead of losing any of you. My family is my greatest strenght but if I lose a single pony it become my biggest weakness. I don't know why I am so connected to my family but it always been like that as far as I can remember.''

Golden Pie smiled sadly at me. ''We ponies run on love. The most powerful we are the most we need. Celestia is the most powerful ruler of Ponykind and she love everypony as if they were her children. Each time Cadence needed to protect Equestria she needed her husband with her. Twilight would never have came this far without her friends. And when Luna felt like she lost the love of her subject she went mad with grief. The more powerful a pony is the more love they need. You're a Goddess now you will need all the love you can get.'' She gave me a hug and I melted in her embrace.

We were interupted by the sound of Spooky Prank clearing her throat. ''Not that I don't like looking at my parent kissing each other but we should probably knock at the door.''

I looked in front of us and noticed that we had walked all the way to Soarin's house while we talked.

Golden Pie walked in front of me and knocked at the door. For a few seconds there was silence. Finally the door opened to reveal Soarin former member of the Wonderbolts. When he saw his daughter a wide smile appeared on his face.

''Golden Pie you came! It's been a while kiddo.''

''If you visited more often than just Heart Warming Eve and the Summer Sun Celebratrion it wouldn't have been a while.'' Golden Pie replied with a teasing smirk.

''Yeah but to be honest the Elysian Fields freak me out a little bit it's way too calm and peaceful it isn't natural.'' Soarin shuddered a bit.

''Hi grandpa!'' Spooky Prank exclaimed and gave him a hug. Soarin looked uncomfortable for a few seconds but he relaxed afterward.

You might wonder how a ghost is giving a hug. It's rather simple really. Ghosts are made of pure magic, so they can hold things the same way a Unicorn hold things with their magic. I imagine Soarin isn't really comfortable to be hugged by a mass of magic but he still loved Spooky Prank too much to let it bother him.

It was then that Soarin looked at me. As soon as he saw me a frown crossed his face. I couldn't help but flinch at the stare. But as soon as it came the frown disappeared hidden by a smile as he turned to his daughter once again.

''So how long are you going to stay Golden?''

My wife smiled. ''I'm not too sure I guess we will just leave when we miss our home. We can't stay more than a week though Winter has a mission from Harmony.''

Soarin frown once again at that. ''You're wife is leaving you again for some former leader that want a service from her Why did I expect any better from the mighty Guardian Goddess?''

Golden Pie glared at her father. ''Harmony is the reason why me and Winter are back in Equestria he deserve some help for what he did. Beside don't lecture her about leaving her wife alone. You left mom alone a lot of time when you were called by the Wonderbolts.''

''Yes and that why our marriage was destroyed. Do you really want to follow the same mistakes of your mother?''

''Enough!'' Spooky Prank screamed at the top of her lungs. ''We came to see you and go to the attraction park not for arguing how my mothers handle their relationship!''

We looked all stunned by the little ghost exclamation. Soarin sighed in defeat. ''Fine I can't tell you how to live your life.'' Then he turned at me. ''But I'm warning you Winter Song if you get my daughter involve in your dangerous missions again I will kill you.'' With that Soarin disappeared inside his house.

We followed him with a heavy silence. I should have been very scared about the threat he gave me but for some reason I only felt pride for Soarin. I don't know a lot of ponies that would threaten a Goddess like that.

We followed him inside. Soarin had various posters of himself with his team members of the Wonderbolts. I wonder why he left them. As far as I know he doesn't seem too injured to be a part of the team heck he doesn't seem injured at all.

We sat on a large couch Soarin was sitting in a smaller one in front of us. He popped open a can of something called Sparkle Cola. The can had the cutie mark of Twilight on the front. Soarin took a sip of the soft drink and looked at Golden Pie.

''So Golden how is your mother? It's been a while since she talked to me.''

My wife grimaced at the question. ''Mom is saying that she feel like her life is getting staled in Ponyville. She said she's thinking of moving in one of those new ressources worlds.''

''Ressources worlds?''
''Ressources worlds?''

Me and Soarin said at the same time. Spooky Pranks was snickering at our expanse. Soarin looked displeased that he had something in common with me.

Golden Pie looked at her father in amusement. ''Really dad? At least Winter has the excuse that she's been dead for the last fifty years, but you didn't hear anything about this?'' She shooked her head and sighed.

''Anyway in the old days a lot of people gave up on life and reincarnated because of some of the horrible life condition some worlds had. But nowaday most people have everything they need to live comfortably for the next few centuries. As you might expected less people want to move on and more people want to stay in their current life. Naturally this mean less and less natural ressources.''

''In Equestria it isn't much of a issue since our plants and minerals grow so fast we don't know what to do with it but in other less magical universes it's becoming a real problem. So the Mortal Empire decided to create new worlds for the sole purpose of harvesting ressources. And mom is thinking of starting a new farm in one of those places. She would certainly be able to expand her farm a lot since these worlds don't tend to have a lot of inhabitants.''

I looked at Golden in awe. ''How do you know all this you've been back as long as I have and I knew nothing about this.''

Golden Pie smiled slyly at me. ''Well maybe if somepony studied what happened in the last fifty years instead of going on a crazy trip in Zebrica maybe she would have known.''

Soarin turned at me with an angry expression, he was about to open his mouth but before he could a pale filly passed through the ground and appeared directly in front of the ex-Wonderbolt. ''Boo!''

Soarin screamed like a mare and ran in his room and closed the door loudly behind him. The only sound remaining in the house was the shrill laughter of the ghost that scared him.

''Spooky Prank don't scare your grandfather!'' Golden Pie said to our daughter with a disaproving frown.

''Oh come on! Did you see his face it was hilarious! And his scream, oh my Celestia his scream! I will remember this forever!'' Spooky laughed some more as she remembered the scene.

Golden Pie sighed in frustration. She then turned to me. ''I suppose we can't be too angry at her pranking ponies is her special talent after all. We should get some sleep my little bird tommorow we're going at the Los Pegasus amusement park.''

After we both were in bed Golden Pie kissed me sweetly on the lips. ''I love you Winter.''

I blushed and replied. ''I love you too Golden.'' I used my wings to give my wife a hug and we both blissfully fell to sleep.

Author's Note:

I didn't really like this chapter. I don't know why but I was bored the whole time I wrote it. Fortunately I had more fun writiing the chapters after this.