• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 315 Views, 5 Comments

A Good Share of Worlds - Sea Pony



Winter Song become a ambassador for the Veil's new empire.

  • ...
 5
 315

On The Road To Zebrica


Two Weeks Later

''Be careful Winter, I don't want you to injure yourself out there.'' My mother said worriedly. My whole family had come to send me off.

''Don't worry about me mom, I faced way worse things than a wild country in the past. And aunt Twilight I promise there won't ba a single scratch made on your flying ship.''

Princess Twilight smiled. ''Don't worry about it it's just a piece of wood. Take care of yourself and Brew Blade. I would also say take care of Spooky Prank but I don't think anything can hurt her.''

Brew Blade looked at me with a forwn and assked. ''Winter I was wondering do you know how to drive a flying ship?''

I smiled sheepishly at the Zebra. ''Well I just throught I would just wing it. I'm a Pegasus I passed my whole life in the sky making a machine fly shouldn't be that complicated, right?''

Brew Blade looked at me unamused. ''Yeah no, I will drive the ship.'' I lift a eyebrow.

''And what make you more qualified than me?''

''How do you think I travelled from Zebrica to Equus?'' She asked me as if it was obvious.

''I don't know by boat?'' She looked at me as if I was insane. What did I say?

''Are you crazy? No one travel the sea between Zebrica and Equestria by boat anymore not when we have the option to fly!''

I looked at her with a puzzle expression. ''Why is that?'' She facehoof at my response.

''The monsters that why! Do you know how many monsters live in the sea between here and Zebrica? They would tear apart your pathetic little boat before you're halfway there!''

''Mom could beat the living hay out of all of them!'' Spooky Prank exlaimed as she appeared just beside me. I jumped out of my skin at the sudden appearance of my daughter but then glare at her.

''Spooky! Language!'' She crossed her hooves.

''I'm fifty years old I can talk like I want.'' I just smirked at her at that.

''I will stop treating you like a foal the day you stop acting like one.'' She pouted in reponse in vanished inside the ship.

Brew Blade laughed. ''At least if we meet pirates on the way we might scare them away by telling them this is a haunted ship.''

''Pirates still exist in Equis?''

The Zebra shrugged. ''Yes but they are very rare. Most pirates nowaday are Diamond Dogs and since most of them prefer being underground instead of above it. It's pretty hard for them to create a crew.''

And with that Brew Blader trotted in front of the ship wheel a wave my hoof one last time at my family before we took off in the sky.

- - - - -

Four Hours Later

Spooky Prank had her hooves on her stomach. ''I never thought flying would suck so bad.'' The wind began to pick up and shook the ship a little. Spooky put a hoof on her mouth. ''I think I'm going to be sick.'' With that she ran to then end of the deck.

Brew Blade shook her head. ''How the hay does a ghost have airsickness? She doesn't even have a stomach!''

The zebra turned to look at me and saw me looking uncomfortably at the sea. She trot beside me with and with a frown she asked. ''Winter I'm curious about something. At first I thought you asked for a flying ship because you knew of the sea monsters. But since it clear you didn't knew about them why did you chose to travel with a flying ship instead of a boat?''

I sighed. ''It's a stupid reason you would think I'm crazy.''

Brew shooked her head. ''I promise I won't judge you, what is it?''

My ears drooped. ''Fine, you would think that water would feel good for a water elementalist and you would be right to some extent. I feel good when I take a bath or when I go in a small lake. But if it's anything like a river or bigger...

''You feel bad?'' Brew Blade asked and I shook my head.

''No it's the opposite. I feel strong, too strong I feel like I could destroy the entire planet if I sneeze the wrong way. I know I don't have that kind of power but the power I could draw from so much water scare me.''

The Zebra put a hoof on my back. ''I'm sure you feel it a lot worse than it really is. I know why you're scared. You are afraid of hurting your family but believe me even if you had the power you imagine I'm certain you would never hurt the one you love. It's just not in your nature.''

I sighed but then smile. ''Thanks Brew Blade but I think it will take time for me to be comfortable near the sea.''

With that I trot to the bunk and let myself fall on the mattress. Brew Blade returned to her duty at the ship wheel while I slept the rest of the way.

- - - - -

Six hours later

''Mom wake up.'' I groan and threw my pillow at the invader. Unfortunately the pillow just passed through her.

Spooky Prank looked at me flatly. ''And you're the one insisting to treat me like a foal. Wake up mom we arrived in Zebrica!''

I groan again and lift myself from the comfortable bed. ''Fine let's get going, let's hope it won't be too long I miss Equestria arleady.''

With that I trot outside the room my daughter closely following me. Once we arrived at the deck we saw Brew Blade smilling as she look ahead of her.

I look in the distance and gasped. I had never seen so much grass since I left the Elysian Fields. In the distance I could see a massive jungle probably hosting a massive fauna I never heard about. There was also a massive river that was so big I almost thought it was splitting the country in two.

''Winter Song, Spooky Prank, Welcome to Zebrica.'' Brew Blade said with a nostalgic smile.