• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 315 Views, 5 Comments

A Good Share of Worlds - Sea Pony



Winter Song become a ambassador for the Veil's new empire.

  • ...
 5
 315

Same Family, Different Era

“Dad?! You're alive? Since when?!” I asked with wide eyes.

Peace Dreamer smiled sheepishly. “It's been a few years; in fact, I was brought back not long after the end of the war.”
I narrowed my eyes at the revelation. “If you were back for that long, then why didn't you visit me in the Elysian Fields?! I thought I was your daughter! And why didn't Mom tell me anything?!”

Dream placed a hoof on my back. “Calm down, Winter. I would have visited if I could. But my condition made it so that I couldn't, and since I couldn't see you, I thought it would be better if your mom didn't tell you I was back.”

“Your...condition? What do you mean by that?”

Dream sighed. “Winter, I am technically not alive. The angels invented a spell that creates a sort of fake soul for people that lose most of their spark. I think the closest creature I can compare myself to is a lich, except I don't have a rotten body...thank God for that.”

“But I thought you were only the memories of Dream trapped inside Fluttershy! I never thought you had enough magic left to survive outside of Mom's spark.”

“You're right; it wasn't enough. That’s why the Tree of Harmony took a part of your spark to make me survive the process. Don't worry; I only have about five percent of your spark.”

I looked at him with mouth agape. “You took a part of my soul without asking me?! What sort of father are you?!”
“Well, if it bothers you so much, then I can give it back, and I will go back to living inside Fluttershy's spark.”

“I don't give a buck about the fact that you took my magic! What bothers me is that you didn't ask for permission!” I shouted with barely contained rage.

“Well, when Clover The Clever gave me your magic, I assumed she had asked you. But now I see it isn't the case.”
That damn crazy mare! If she pulls off something like this again, I'm sure there will be somepony somewhere that will be all too happy to buy some crystal logs.

“Anyway, I was wondering... how is Sonata doing in the Elysian Fields?” My father suddenly asked.

I was a little surprised at the question. Before today, I had only seen my father in the flesh once. I tend to forget he had friends outside of our family, and that Sonata was his best friend.

“When I left, he was fine. The ponies really appreciate his songs, since they don't have a lot of musicians in the afterlife. Most ponies who died in Equis are either heroes who faced evils stronger than they could handle or soldiers that fought in the very few wars Equestria had. Not much of them had time to develop musical skills. So he doesn’t have a lot of competition when it comes to music. Though he won't shut up about the fact that there is no meat in the afterlife.”

Dream laughed at that. “Only a griffin would chose meat over peace.”

I frowned for a second. “I assume Meek Sky doesn't live here anymore.”

Dream shook his head. ”She lives with her husband Leaf.”

“Do you ever feel like our family is weird? I mean, Mom is an Element of Harmony, I'm a goddess in training, my sister married a changeling and has a double personality, and you're a human that wanted to leave humanity behind you.”

Dream smiled. “We live in Ponyville. I think it's a requirement to be weird if you want to fit in here.”

Thinking about it, I tried to think about a single pony that was normal in this town and failed to find a single one. I laughed; maybe he was right; we live in a crazy town. But as far as I'm concerned, it's the best town there is.

- - - - -

Later that day, I was laying down with Dream in the fields of Sweet Apple Acres. Golden Pie had joined us and was currently sleeping, curled up against me.

''So you always come here when you want to relax?'' I asked my father with a furrowed brow. ''I don't see what relaxing you can do here; you always hear Applejack and Big Mac working in the fields.''

''I find the wind here and the sound of the thumping of the tree relaxing. Just lay down and enjoy the breeze.'' Dream replied with a content sigh.

I rolled my eyes and followed his example; after a few minutes, I was about to fall asleep when I heard the sound of magic being cast.

Dream had already fallen asleep and Golden Pie still hadn't woken up, so I doubt it was them who did it. I looked up in the direction of the sound and saw an orb of light the size of a pony slowly go down. When it touched the ground, the magic dissipated, revealing the spell caster to be Elder Harmony.

When he saw Golden Pie and Dream sleeping, he spoke softly to me. ''Sorry to disturb you Winter Song, but I need to talk to you.''
I resisted the urge to groan; I just got here and he already wants something from me? I thought I would be able to relax a little before having my first mission.

I lifted myself from the ground slowly, so as to not wake up my dad and Golden Pie, and followed Harmony farther away in the field.
When we stopped, I was the first to talk. ''You already have something for me? I didn't expect something for a few days at least. So which world do I have to visit first?''

Harmony shook his head. ''You're not going to travel to another world just yet. The empire will start the unification of the multiverse next month. Your first mission will be in Equis, so you're not leaving your world yet. Tell me, Winter, have you ever visited another world?''

I nodded my head. ''Yes...once with The Doctor, I visited New Eden; another time with Time Skip, I visited the country of Italy on Earth, but both times, we were in danger and didn't stay for long. There was also a time where I visited another version of Equestria... Now that I think about it, it's weird.''

Harmony’s ears perked up at that. ''What is it?''

''In the other version of Equestria, there was a human named Onyx. He's been living in Equestria since he was a baby. But other humans who enter a magical realm don't survive for more than a year, yet he did just fine, and he wasn't a demigod; he was a normal human.''

''That’s weird; maybe since he's been introduced to magic at such a young age, his soul evolved and adapted to it's environment. Anyway, I think we're getting sidetracked. Your first mission will be in Zebrica.''

I looked at Harmony with a confused frown. ''What does Zebrica have to do with the unification of the multiverse?''

''It has nothing to do with it...I'm sending you there for two reasons. First, I want you to get used to different cultures, because you will meet all kinds of different people in your missions, and not all of them will think like ponies do. But the real goal of your mission is to find the missing piece of this spark.''

Harmony casted a teleportation spell, and a small jar with a small glowing orb appeared before him. ''We found this in a tribal village of Griffonia. The villagers say it fell from the sky one day and helped their plants grow. They were worshipping it, and though it was hard to take it from them, we came to an agreement; an angel would arrive to cast a sunlight spell each week in exchange for this.''

''A spark? Whose is it? It's not one from Infinitus, I hope. Because if a bunch of tribals could find a part of his soul, I really will have to question your security.'' Harmony actually laughed at my response.

''No, don't worry; I made sure those were in safe places. Winter, do you remember Phoebe, the daughter of Gaia, who killed the ghouls of Muerto Titiritero in Manehattan during Discord's game?''

I actually had to think about it for a few seconds before remembering her. ''Oh yes, she was an elf from Nirn, if I remember correctly. Boy, that was a really long time ago.''

''Yes…I assume it seems like a long time for a young one such as yourself, whereas for me, it seems like it was just yesterday... Anyway, we think her other part has been sent to Zebrica. I think the vampire put a curse on her when she died, otherwise she would have returned a long time ago. Your mission is to bring this spark with you to Zebrica and find the missing part.''

''Why me? I thought the reason you brought me back from the dead was because of my powers. But this mission seems so simple, anypony could do it.''

''Zebrica can be a dangerous place. It doesn't have as many monsters as Equestria, but it more than makes up for it with the wild animals that dominate the land. Due to the pacifique nature of the Zebras, nature there is more dangerous than anywhere else in Equis. And, like I said, I also want you to get used to different cultures. You can bring a few people with you, but not too many; Zebras are not too fond of having many strangers in their land.''

I sighed ''Fine, I will do it, when do I have to go?''

Harmony shook his head. ''I am not rushing you. You just came home after fifty years; you can take a little time to see everypony else. All I ask is that you do this mission before next month, when the unification begins.''

And with that, Harmony disappeared leaving the jar in my hooves. So, Zebrica huh? I know just who I will bring with me. I hope Brew Blade is ready for a family reunion.

Author's Note:

Thank to DuNamarSundavar for making this story in readable conditions.

At first I wanted to do the arc in Zebrica in A Good Share of Lives but with the war with the Reapers and all that I didn't find a good time to introduce it so instead I'm doing it in this story.