• Published 26th Jun 2015
  • 315 Views, 5 Comments

A Good Share of Worlds - Sea Pony



Winter Song become a ambassador for the Veil's new empire.

  • ...
 5
 315

The Guardian Goddess


When I came back to my senses I was laying in a strange place that kinda looked like The Veil but instead of a purple ground and sky it was light blue.

I stood up and saw Harmony and Golden Pie a few meters away. ''Harmony? What are we doing here? You said we would wake up in our own body but I'm still a spirit.''

''I lied, don't worry three days hasn't passed yet only a few hours.'' I looked at him with a frown.

''Why did you lie to us and where are we?''

Harmony sighed, for a moment I could see thought his eyes how old he truly was. This was a being that had seen the birth and end of many universes and yet here I was talking to him like a old friend.

''I couldn't tell the truth in front of your daughter. We gods have secrets that we can't tell even to the ones we trust. This is one of them.'' He said while holding a golden apple in his hoof.

''A apple? You lied to my daughter because of a weirdly colored apple? And if it's so important why do you tell us?'' I asked with a incredulous expression.

''The reasons I tell you is because you are the Guardian Goddess one of your roles will be to protect those secrets and the reason why I'm telling it in the company of Golden Pie is because that secret will involve her. I trust you will keep this secret even to your family or else I'm canceling your return to the mortal world understood?'' We both nodded and he continued.

''There is a dwarf Universe inside Author it is called Eden if you know the legends humans have this name should be familiar. Inside this world is a massive tree that grow two types of apples at the same time.

There is the golden apple like the one I hold that represent the future possible worlds of the multiverse and there the unbreakable platinum apples that represent the worlds that exist right now. When a platinum apple rot it means that the world in question has died but don't worry you can't destroy a world by destroying one of these apple because like I said they are unbreakable trust us we tried.''

I interupted him. ''Wait you tried to break one?! Why would you want to destroy an entire world?''

''The apple we tried to destoy was the one representing Oasis. Nothing was alive in there, the prison didn't exist yet and we wanted to forget about our homeworld so that we could move on. Maybe if that stupid plan to destoy it for good would have worked Gaia wouldn't have turned like she did.''

I was getting curious about the reason he bring all that up. ''So why did you bring a golden apple?''

''We are Powerful Winter but the only way we were able to bring back people before were when Gaia or Kira did it. But Kira is dead and Gaia is in prison so I doubt they will help. Maybe there are other ways to bring back people to life but the only other way I know is to use a golden apple to resurrect Golden Pie.''

Golden Pie's eyes widden in shock. ''Wait you are going to destroy a unborn world to bring me back to life?! I don't want to be responsible for millions of living beings never having been born!''

Harmony chuckled at that which made Golden Pie furious. ''What is so funny?!''

''Relax,'' Harmony replied. ''Contrary to platinum apple Golden apple will regrow back. Worst case Scenario the people will be born as different species they were suppose to be. The world Free Dreamer live in with the human version of Fluttershy is actually a world where one of those apples were used so you see they didn't turn so bad.''

I was not convinced. ''If the effects are not so terrible why is it so important that it is kept secret?''

Harmony turned serious. ''Imagine if everyone knew that they could bring their loved ones with an apple everyone would go crazy and demand to have them. Knowing Author and his kind soul he wouldn't be able to refuse them. Without those apples Author wouldn't be able to create new worlds and after a few thousands years every universes would be overcrowded with no new universes to greet the ones that want to move on to new sights.''

''I'm curious about that. What did you do when a world was too overcrowded and the ponies didn't want to go away from their home? Did you force them to go away?''

Harmony shook his head. ''No most of the times when that happens we take less fortunates of the world in question and promise them a new beginings. Many homeless and orphans were given a new home because of this. But sometimes there not enough homeless people to make a diference so we expand the world instead.''

My eyes widdened in surprise. ''Wait you can expand worlds?!''

Harmony nodded. ''Yes that why every main planet we make for a world is in a solar system with other unhabited planets so that we can more easily fusion them together. But sometime you mortals surprise us.''

I cocked my head. ''What do you mean?''

''Well the Gaia worlds didn't have our support when their world were overpopulated because of Gaia's law. So some mortals decide that since their planet weren't enought to substain them they would go live on other planets that were habitable.''

''Wow now I'm excited to begin this adventure and see what other insane ideas some mortals had in the Gaia branch.''

Harmony the clear his throat. ''Anyway I think we have stayed off topic long enough. Golden Pie take this apple it will give your spark the energy it need to bring you back to the mortal world.''

I then noticed he never mentioned how I would come back. ''Hey! You only brought one apple what about me?''

Harmony smiled at me for some reasons it remind me of the smile my grandma Maria Ink used to give me.

''I didn't bring one for you because you don't need it Winter. You asked where we are Winter Song. We are in the hall of the divines, Every ''Fake Gods' as some call them have come here sooner or later this is also here that Princess Twilight was turned into a Alicorn. We are situated between the two branches of the multiverse.

This place was also made to attract the unfortunate souls that have fallen in the void between branches. Unfortunately Roxanne fell in there before we built this place otherwise her soul wouldn't have been lost to the Gaia's branch for so long.''

''Anyway the reason why you don't need a golden apple is because I will give you a divine spark and it will bring you back to the mortal world without the need of this.'' He said while pointing at the apple.

''...The divine spark will bring me back? But I thought you said that the ones who had this thing needed to prove themself before becoming gods.''

''Yes they do but the spark itself will still give you a small amout of power before that happen. You will essentially be a demigoddess until the day you prove you are worhty of more. You will be more or less immortal but death will still come with heavy consequences. If you die you won't be able to come back for at least twenty five years.''

''Harmony normally I would be the first one to gloat about my accomplishment. But I feel like I don't deserve this.''

Harmony laughed at that. ''Maybe after fifthy years you forgot what you did for the multiverse but I didn't. Winter you stop a Elder Goddess from destroying the freedom the mortals have and you save humanity from extinction. If you don't deserve this divine spark none of us do apart from Author himself.''

I flushed in embarassment which Golden Pie was all too happy to giggle to. ''W-what come on there gods out there that did way more than me.''

Harmony shook his head. ''The gods are mostly here to keep the order these days. Not many of them fight to eradicate evil anymore. Frankly I prefer the 'Fake gods' to the real ones because the fakes ones know how precious a life is. The only mortal I knew who could stand up to gods like you did was Roxanne and she was your incarnation. So consider this a gift for not only you but also for what Roxanne did thousands of years ago.''

And with that Harmony placed a hoof to where my heart would be if I had a body. Golden Pie smiled and waved at me. ''I will see you back in Equestria my little bird.'' And with that I blacked out again.