• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 3,628 Views, 188 Comments

Button Mash: High School Life - rock4u7



The holidays are over and Button heads back to the harsh world of teenage life, trying to survive it with his rag-tag group of friends,The Gamers and Gamettes. Pick up your controller and plug right in Player Two.

  • ...
17
 188
 3,628

Grand Finale Part 1: The Players.

Author's Note:

Hello guys and gals. So It's been a while hasn't it, life sure flies on by doesn't it, when I started this story I was in High-school and now I'm a tax-paying adult, life sure sneaks up on you. This chapter is a sort of precursor to what is about to happen next chapter, and thankfully next chapter is already written up. Ladies and Gentlemen this is Part one to the End of Button Mash: High School Life.

BUTTON MASH: HIGH SCHOOL LIFE GRAND FINALE.
Part 1 : The players.

“N-no....errm......mmm...errrhhh...ah....ahhhhh...no...no!” moaned Button mash, restlessly turning in his sleep, eyes tearing wide open as he shot up from his bed, rubbing his face madly as he took deep dry breaths, beads of sweat forming around his temples.

Beside him awoke Sweetie belle, her form barely visible in the dim blue of night, she sprung up and darted her eyes around the colt's room, looking at Button's terrified face with startled confusion.

‘what is it, what happened?”

The colt’s shallow breaths began to quiet down as she put her arm on his shoulder.

“It’s..nothing, just a....a nightmare, that's all, sorry for waking you up”

Sweetie couldn't quite see the colt face but she could hear his shrill breathing, like a small child running perpetually from a large black dog, gasping for oxygen.

“you sure Button, you sound pretty awful” asked Sweetie, rubbing his back giving him a slight comfort from her warm touch.

“It's fine...I just need a moment”

Button lifted up the blanket and weakly slid off the bed onto four legs, trotting over to the half cracked window, gulping up the foreign strands of cold night air.

“What did you dream about?” Sweetie asked with concern, whatever dream Button was having had rattled him hard.

The colt wiped his eyes, either from sweat or from tears.

“An ocean” he told her.

The Young mare slid herself up from the bed and tied her frazzled pink mane up,

“An ocean?”.

Button gave another shrill inhale of air.

“I dreamt I was...sinking...through an ocean, dropping down deeper and deeper until I couldn't breathe, everything just...kept getting darker, I tried to swim up but I couldn't, it was like I was a corpse sinking forever down into the empty blackness, goddess I was....I don't think I can...explain what the feeling was, but It was so....real, so....close to me”
Button rubbed his eyes again as the room began to feel like a sweltering sauna, he opened the window fully and gulped down the icy night air which cut at his throat like a razor, the frost-bitten breeze nipping at his face.

Sweetie belle could hear him whimpering, Button wasn't known for showing emotion, but in this moment she saw him terrified, truly terrified, slightly leaning out the window shivering as glittery tears fell from his reddened eyes, he was utterly and wholeheartedly terrified.

“....” The young filly (barely into mare-hood) tried to call out to him but her voice seemed lost in her throat, she was scared as Button was scared, she slowly lowered back down into the colt's bed and pulled the covers up to her shoulders, tightly closing her eyes and trying to fall asleep as her partner shivered and wept by the window sill.
Button finally returned to bed eight minutes and twenty seven seconds later, taking one last look to the moon outside then sliding carefully back into bed, trying even more carefully not to wake Sweetie (though she wasn't sleeping).

Button lay in his bed listening to his own breathe, the dead of night seeming to last forever, that dream to him was something so vivid and real, the gray swirling clouds, the lapping blackness of the sea, the empty abyss below the waters, no life, just true blackness, it was a terror that latched at Button's heart and pulled at him coldly, to him it was like a memory, a premonition's death rattle.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


On a tall hill overlooking Canterlot stood an even taller more expensive villa, white stone walls and tall green hedges, a stalwart slack-jawed guard on each corner of the mansion and a security camera on every wall face.
Overlooking the city was a long white balcony with two ponies sitting atop expensive patio furniture, one an old red unicorn and the other a young brown colt.

The brown colt sat lounging with a glass of whiskey in one hoof and a scribbled-up notepad in the other.

The unicorn looked to the colt who looked to him and then back to the note-pad, a disinterested expression on his face as he jotted in a few more lines before the silence was broken.

“So...uh Guy..how's this gunna go down then, this plan of yours” The gruff red unicorn asked, rubbing his eyes as the air was chill and the hour was ungodly.

The brown colt gave a slow blink as he sipped his liquor almost calculatively.

“It’s quite Simple mon’ he began, the voice nowhere near matching his face.
‘ we get everyone all togetha inna room...a restaurant or a conference hall , give da illusion that were hashin' out our problems, fixing this power-struggle with us all’.

The colt’s piercing yellow eyes kept frantically darting between the Unicorn’s gaze and the inky notepad.

‘I want everyone there Quincy, Zim, ThunderHoof, kibbles, Helga, Pinkie Pie and any other rats who vomited themselves up while I was gone, make sure they're all togetha in one place” Button Mash told the grizzled mobster eyeing out the city below with a ghoulish level of disdain, his voice slipping in and out of pitch and accent.

“How the hell are we gunna get every top-cat in Canterlot, many of whom hate each-other like the plague and all have beef between them...all of them cats sitting together in one place, It's ridiculous, you could see from a mile away that it would be a hit job”

“They'll be showin' up because of two reasons, one, I and you will be there in that room as it all goes down, no guns, no guards”

“The fuck!’ the unicorn blurted out ‘what do you mean no guns or guards?’

‘I be meanin' that we won't be having any of our own guys on premise, everyone can bring there own cronies and their own firepower, make em feel real safe, as well they get to send fellas before-hand to scope out the building, search for traps, recorders, bombs what have you, give them all da illusion of control...when it all goes down it'll be so sudden they wont even know”

The other pony wasn’t convinced.

‘Are you a fucking madman Guy, what'll stop them from ending us before we even attempt to end them, no guards, they'll practically own the place”

“exactly, give them every possible detail so they can construct their own little plan, be it blastin' me through on the way down, planting a bomb in my ride or poisoning the meals”

“Yeah?” agreed the mobster, not understanding Button/Guy's point.

“Make plans under the assumption that ya enemy is also makin' plans within your plans then you can plan around their plans”

The red gangster had a confused thousand yard stare about him.

“OK, and what’s the second point?” he quickly asked, trying to save face.

“they'll show up, they'll have to, because guess who we'll have sitting alongside everyone else in that room,

“who....wait....wait no, no, not who I thinking?”

“...Whiplash” coolly said the brown colt.

“WHA..no..NO...he wouldn't even show, and what are you planning to do with him anyway.no no..ice the 'Canterlot Crime King' himself, like I understand taking out the other houses...but the Godfather of the whole damn empire?”

The colt’s demeanour didn’t change, his gaze was like steel and his eyes like acid.

“Saul trusts me, Saul respects me and have no doubt that I in turn fully respect him, But if this grand plan Ive got brewin’ is going to work they're can be no unknowns in the picture, I don't know how Saul will react when tha hammer falls and that makes him an unknown, mark my words, he gave me control of this town because he trusted that I'd keep this empire runnin’, if it's gunna keep runnin' then Im gunna have to cull out all competition, past and present”

“Guy I'm with you on this but jeez, This'll stretch further than just Canterlot, take out Whiplash and you'll have Manehatten, Los pegasus maybe even outer-equestrian Crime-families coming for blood, it's a death wish”

“I know the risks...and the costs...But Ive had to make harder calls than this...I swear ta ya on that, I've been thinking this out for a good long while now and I've got every little detail covered, With Saul going to this meeting not one Mafioso down in that city is gunna miss this”

“What about their own gangs, once word hits that the slate's been wiped then they'll all be out on those streets blasting on one and other, It'll be nothing less than all out chaos”

“Good, let dem kill each-other, saves us da bullets”

The red unicorn slid his whiskey glass between his hooves, hedging his bets and what would happen, Franky Refusus wasn’t a top player in the game but he made a name for himself cleaning up the houses crap...not starting it, but Guy had a look in his eye, some sort of look that said that this was just the beginning of something bigger, and Franky did not want to get on the bad side of those wicked eyes.

“Hmmm...ok, w-what’s the next step from here Guy”

‘All I need from you Franky m’boy, a helicopter and ah fully loaded automatic gatling gun’

‘Wha-’

“Now as for tha plan, Room 246, Heaven & Helios Hotel, Ive already booked it for tonight, send word out ta every kingpin and Mob-boss in Canterlot, give em my number if they have any concerns on da event or mah miraculous resurrection...or if they wanna know squat shit about anything else then they can call me, this 'WILL' be happening, if even one or all of em says no ,tonight we torch their houses to the ground”.

“Do we have a confirmation on Whipla-”

The teenage colt lifted his hoof up in a shushing silence as he flipped open a cellphone and began to dial, beads of sweat rolling profusely off the red drug-baron's cheeks.

“Saul, It's me... Guy...I'm alive”


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


“Hello darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk to you again. Because a vision softly creeping. Left it's Seeds while I was sleeping.”

“And the vision that was planted in my brain, still remains.”

“Within the sound of silence”

“No no that's not right, Within the sound, sound, s-s-ssssound of Si-lence”

“Eh shit”

“Sweetie! Will you be quiet, it's far too early for you cacophonous singing right now, leave it for at or after school please!” Rarity called out, the distant sound of a hairdryer accompanying her.

“Hey I don't complain about you're cacophonous farting, now do I thunder-thighs” Sweetie called out in reply. An angry gasp being heard from the distance.

“That Is not a very lady-like thing to say” Rarity bursted out.

“Then slap a dick on me and call me Jeff because this song's due Friday and It needs to be perfect”

“ERR Fine, just keep it down Missy, there are people still trying to sleep arou-!”

“Thank you” yelled out Sweetie, falling backwards into her desk chair and digging into her now soggy bowl of rice bubbles.

Hmm, what is it missing, I’ll have to listen to it again” Sweetie Belle asked herself, putting her headset on and listening to the tune, twirling her mane around with her right hoof as she lazily scooped up breakfast with the left.

SWTTTIEE
SEETEEE
SWETTT
SWEETII

Thomp!

Sweetie jumped up in her chair as Rarity yanked the headphones from her ears.

“Sweetie, Karen Mash is here, she needs to ask you something!” Rarity asked, her face slightly worried rather than its typical hard-pierced aggressive manner, Sweetie didn't know what was going on but by the look in Rarity's eyes it wasn't good.

‘Uh sure?’

Trotting into the front of the store Karen was awkwardly sitting on one of the plastic guest seats uncomfortably tapping her hoof on the floor, As Sweetie Belle approached the older mare she quickly got up and and looked as if she was about to beg, her eyes red and deep.

“You uh wanted to see me Karry?” Sweetie questioned cautiously, her white face a mix of confusion and mild dread.

“Sweetie please I need to know, have you seen Button, He said he'd be home last night but he never came...I don't know where he is”

The mother’s face looked grim, her mane was messy and her breath smelt like smoke and scotch.

“Missing oh gosh, um no sorry, not that Im aware of, have you tried -”

“Scarlet, yes, I asked her father but he told me that he threw Button out around six, apparently there was a nasty breakup and...I don't know where he is or even if he's OK, I came here hoping he may have at least messaged you”

The older mare had eyes like un-earthly planets, staring wholly at Sweetie for some comforting answer or information that the white mare just didn't have, Sweetie didn't know how to respond.

“S-s... sorry I don't know, is he at Rumble's?”

“I tried Rumble's house, He told me he hadn't seen Button since yesterday, I...it could be nothing but by the way he's been acting lately....I'm not sure, I can't go through this again.

“Karen I..I” Sweetly Belle began to stutter, truly lost for words.

The old mare closed her eyes calmly.

“It's ok Sweetie, I understand, could you please just ask around and message a few of his friends, Like I said it could just be nothing...I don't want to worry anyone”

Sweetie belle still sat thinking as Rarity helped karen up and offered her a coffee, both the two old friends sharing comforting banter as the omnipresence of 'worry' flooding between all three mares.

Eventually Karen Mash said her goodbyes and left, Sweetie Belle still sitting in the uncomfortably firm chair, her brain skipping a beat as she tried to process the situation.

Missing.

Sweetie felt ill.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



“Hey Bitty, it's Rumble, uh look Karen called me up and said 'Button's Missing', she's calling everyone so I thought I'd forward onto you see if you know anything?, same with Sweetie, got a call from here a few minutes ago asking the same thing, shit's crazy man, have you seen him lately...or at all?”

A silence came from the boy.

8Bit took a fumbling sip of his water-bottle and began tapping his hoof against the top of his desk, unsure of how to respond to Rumble, he shot a quick glance out his window.

“S-sorry man I haven't seen him since yesterday, but actually can you give me Sweetie's number ...in case something is like posted on StableSpace or something, I'd like to you-know...help any way I can” the orange frail colt stuttered, taking a large gulp from his water-bottle (a mix between soda and his mother's bourbon).

“Uh sure man Ill text ya the digits, I guess Ill call up InkSpot or gods forbid try to communicate with Manga, see ya man...oh and thanks for the Maths notes yesterday, Algebra's a real drag.”

“Good luck searching...he's probably just locked inside the arcade again, you know heh” stuttered the orange lad as he ended the call. Opening contacts he scrolled down to BUtton mAsh and stared for a little while of the image, Him and Button waiting in a line for a midnight game release, smiling, happy. He tossed the phone onto his bed.

8Bit peered through his blinds towards the building in front of him, taking a long exhale as he began calling someone on skype.

“err...Hello?” asked Sweetie Belle, her voice still sounding groggy.

“Sweetie my name's 8Bit I'm a-”

He was quietly cut off.

“8Bit, Your part of Button's group arn't you, please have you seen hi-”

“That's what I want to talk to you about, it's B-Button...I've seen him... I mean ...I think 'It' was Button, last night”

“Oh thank Celestia, you’ve seen him” Sweetie remarked, giving a large exhale over the phone

The mare on her end was gripping at her Cell phone, she had a lead to go off.

“B-but I don't think I can tell you....I mean I don't think it's safe to talk over the phone…’

‘Huh, what do you me-’ Sweetie Belle asked baffled, cut off by the colt.

‘I think it involves...bad people, people who can make me worry about what I say over the phone’

The colt continued

‘can you meet me at my address it's Unit twenty fi...um uh remember um..ok just listen I don’t want to give away my address in this call..ah I've got it, bare with me on this, last year how many times did that unicorn scone get stabbed in metal-class by that buffalo jock, well it's that number times itself, that's the unit number...and the street address is well...the age Button was when his dad left, and uh last is...shit um, remember that old legend about the unicorn who made wings out of feathers and wax....er it’s also that game series with the same name...that's all I can give you I'm sorry, do you understand what I'm getting at?”

Sweetie Belle was heavily confused at his riddle of sorts but she did thankfully know the answer, 'Unit 25, 5th Icarus street, south side of Canterlot.

“Ok...I got it, thank you, I’ll come as fast as I can” she told him.

8Bit quickly hung up the phone.

“Rarity, I'm going out Ill be back in maybe an hour k?”

“hold up you've got school today, where are you even going?” the older mare proped, her hair wrapped up and working glasses already on.

“I've got to stop by a ….friend's place, it's in Canterlot, I’ll head to school right after...k” Sweetie replied vaguely, grabbing her cellphone and sliding it up through her mane.

“Alright stay safe, try not to get yourself killed or anything” Rarity told her in a worrying tone.

“K,bye”

“Please hold on, Sweetie...how are you?”

“Rare can we please not do this” quickly replied the teenage mare, desperatly trying to shrug off the question.

“You know I’m here for you if you want to talk about this”

“I know sis, I will I swear...but later on”

“Ok, again, stay safe”

'I will'

And with that Sweetie belle hurried out the door and down the street towards her bus stop, leaving her older sister with a thought for the worst to come.

'Stay Safe Sweetie' she told herself.

“^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BZZZZZZT BZZZZZZT

buzzing on the counter-top table was a cellphone lying aside three empty beer cans and a large bowel of pretzels, beyond that sat a cactus and beyond that a lizard baking in the morning sun, it's form sprawelled over a sand-sodden rug.

BZZZZT BZZZT went the phone again, the device's own groaning and grumbling his way back to life as he reached out and picked it up. The colt rubbed his eyes and looked out to the desert dunes and cragged canyons in front of him, he had once again passed out on his little patio at the very end of his dust-bowel caravan park, the sand swirling and dancing by the foot of the ragged worn couch.

The Colt stretched up into a sitting position and spat in an ash-tray, the faint broth of cheap liquor still inhabiting his mouth.

BZZZT BZZZ....

He checked Messages.

'OH SHIT' Kickin Mash said to himself, reading the message six more times just to be sure what he was reading was correct.

'Oh Shit' came a voice from a far of ditch, the resident of that ditch pulling himself up and wading through a small sea of empty beer Bottles. Rudey the Ginger.

'OH SHIT' both colts said to each-other, staring madly at there phones.

'you think it's real' asked Kickin.

'It's gotta be, no question about it man' Rudey replied, shaking the sand from out of his mane.

'Well....shit I guess if he wants us there now....err when should we leave?'

'NOW!' the orange haired colt retorted, frantically un-pinning his keys and wallet from the near-by cactus.

'Ok ok, hmm, got that, got this....Rudey, where's me gun?' Kickin asked, the other colt lifting up the dusty couch cushions and finding two silver pistols.

both the lads hurried as fast as they could, tripping over bottles and golf-clubs as they rushed towards Kickin's vehicle, the caretaker almost forgetting to lock up the front desk, he rushed over to the park toilets and found a half-dazed crack-head lying by the entry way.

'Gummy, your in charge till I get back Ok' Kickin said matter-o-factly as he tossed the key at the half alive cadaver.

'errr I expect minimum wage for this..sssir' Gummy groaned, his body still seeming lifeless.

'Take it up with the union boyo' the caretaker replied rushing back over into the vehicle and buckling up as the tires roared madly in the morning sun, both Rudey and Kickin speeding off towards the Canterlot, leaving smoke and a sun-baking lizard in there wake.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The yellow bus haulted at the city stopped three young mares stepping aboard as Sweetie belle hopped off, a crumbled piece of paper in her hoof that read '5th Icarus Street'.

she wandered down the road and towards a seady-looking street with tall brick buildings reaching up like great reaching arms.

taking a bit of an apple she read the numbers once more and followed onwards down the street, crossing the road and finally making it to her destination.

a set of apartment rooms stretching up seven floors, the building staring down at her like a rickety old creature with tired eyes. she scaled it's steps and found room 25.

Sweetie took a deep breathe, both from anxiety and from general lack of exercise.

'who names apartment rooms from top down' she thought to herself, catching her breathe and finally knocking on the door, hoping to find the answers she wanted.

KNOCK KNOCK

'Hello?'

a small mare opened the door, she had a look abit her that was sweetness as much as it was frailness, like a withering rose, her mane was a maroon and her coat a tan creamy colour, her eyes shown a heavy blue.

If her face wasn't so bruised Sweetie would have though she was a petite actress or model.

“hello little miss, how can I help you?” the mare asked, her voice holding loosely a withering accent, that wasn't obvious but was still very notible.

“uh,um...Is 8Bit here, he asked me to drop by”

The older mare looked completely dumbstruck, like she wasn't sure if she was being pranked or not.

Hesitantly the woman called out down the hallway.

“Bitty you uh...have a lady friend here for you” the women called out down the hall.

Sweetie looked more at the mare, she looked off but she had a certain form to her body that was unmistakably attractive, Sweetie even felt a little hot and bothered just looking at her curvaceous shape and tied together with that faint accent it made her....well, she certainly had a presence about her.

….

from down the hallway stepped out a small orange colt, she skidding to the door in slight paranoia and ushered Sweetie in, looking out behind her and even above.

“Bitty dear, this is not one of those friends-with-benifits situations is it?” the mother asked, Sweetie's eyebrows shooting up towards 8Bit.

“I’m still gay Mom” the colt plainly replied as he poked his head out down the stairway and then back into the door, shutting it tight.

“Ok it's safe to come in, mind the lingerie on the the floor

“if you told me some-one was coming over I would have cleaned up dear, instead of leaving my work clothes lying around’

‘Oh what do you do’ Sweetie asked trying to make small talk.

‘Im well...an escort dear’ the frail mare replied, Sweetie staring for a second longer than she should have, enough to make her thoughts obvious.

‘That’s interesting, you uh...don’t look the ‘escort’ type if you don’t mind me asking’ Sweetie commented trying to be nice to this mare who seemed she should be in a hospital more than working the streets.

‘Oh yes, sorry about my visage, I’ve come down with a rather nasty condition, not flu or anything so I cannot upset the clients but more an achey sleepy type of issue, but enough about private matters like that, you and Bitty go have fun.

‘Uh...thank you miss?’

‘Delila’

'Thank you Miss Delila, Sweetie felt a funny butterfly feeling in her stomach, she wasn't...well into mares, but this mare had a cadence that made Sweetie want to be close to her. She must get a lot of clients' Sweetie thought to herself.

Stepping Inside the colt's room Sweetie was hit right in the nostrils by the smell of old pizza and body deodorant.

EWWWCCHH!! she coughed, 8Bit imminently apologising as he cleared her a spot on the bed.

As the mare sat down she noticed a Male Play-Pony magazine under the colt's bed. She felt a little more comfortable somehow.

there was a sort of silence as they waited for the other pony to start.

'So you saw Button last night, where is he now, do you know' Sweetie Belle asked, waiting for the small young colt to give her the answers she wanted.

he searched for the right words to reply with.

'I saw him last night...but well...It was sort of a few things I saw that you probably should know'.

the small colt moved over to the window and opened his blinds to the building across the road.

'See that place over there' he stated, pointing it out.

Sweetie read the sign.

Crimson Hearts Club

'yeah, is that were Button was last night' Sweetie Belled asked hesitantly, the orange colt having a ominously grave look on his face.

'I saw Button there, he showed up with some girl on the back of a scooter-bike, they went in the back and then well....another colt showed up with really spiky hair, then he came out with Button over his shoulder...like a sack of potatoes...he threw Button in that Dumpster and him and the mare left.

'...What?' plainly stated the white mare. confused.

'I don't know the colt But I think that the mare was that chick who hangs out with Scarlet...Ghoul or Ghast or whatever'

'...What?' again stated Sweetie.

“I couldn't really see much but he arrive with a white mare, same shade as you ...though she had kind of milky cream-like colored hair and ears full of piercings.

'Uh 8Bit I know who your talking about, Ghost from English class...But what do you mean sack of potatoes, was he unconsius...knocked out?'

'well...he kind of looked dead....but afterwards I don't thin so much?'
'Afterwards?'

'I saw Button again...later on, H-he...crawled out from the dumpster but...I't didn't seem like Button , It was him but...not quite you know'

'no, I don't think I do' Sweetie Belle replied, plainly and very very much confused.



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sweetie sat down at the corner of the burger joint, tapping her hooves as she waited, she ran through the questions a million times through her head as she did so, praying that she wouldn't forget a detail when she finally had to start talking. It felt scary now, after hearing what 8Bit said, everything started to feel off, like sleep-walking.

Sweetie looked at the time from the diner clock inside.

4:21 PM, damn the mare thought to herself, Most of the day had already snuck on by as she wrote down little details on her phone. the morning sun was now an afternoon blister as it scorched the black roads of Canterlot and boiled the daffodils and dandelions that bleed through cracks of concrete.

Soon Sweetie Belle heard a motor grunted away as it slid on by down the road, She had shown. Sweetie didn't think she'd show but....she did show.

Ghost said nothing as she parked her motorbike and trotted over to Sweetie, only popping out a cigarette and lighting it up immidiatly, she seemed jumpy, eyes deep and ringed and hair more messy than usual, dishevelled would be the right word for her.

Sweetie Belle went to say something when Ghost put her hand up to silence her, Sweetie stared at her for a bit and then finally one of them broke the silence.

'Let's get this clear Sweet-heart, we are not friends, I don't like you and I don't want to be here...but....I need to talk to someone about this and It seems your the only one I can...project onto'

'That's fine Ghost, all I care about is making sure Button is safe'

'Yeah I bet'

'Hmm' Sweetie grumbled back trying not to start a fight.

'he told me you know, Button did...about what him and you did....I don't care....I mean I care for Scarlet's feelings but...did you even think what would happen?'

Sweetie gave her a look, her eyes like glass and face like steel.

'I didn't think about a damn thing else when it happened' Sweetie Belle replied.

Both Mares stepped inside the Dinner and sat Down, one of the white mares ordering a coffee.

....

'So' began Sweetie telling Ghost the whole story with 8Bit, 'what happened with Button last night?'

as the conversation went one Ghost slowly started to become defensive and almost frantic.

“Button..swallowed I dunno...6 or more viles of the stuff, I don't know what was wrong with him but...he didn't seem like you know...the usual him” Ghost fumbled with her cigarette as she popped it in her mouth and lit it up.

“What happened” questioned Sweetie, gripping her coffee mug tighly, as she waited for the Gothic girl to haphazardly reply.

“He...he fell backwards and ...his eyes rolled back...and foam came throffing from his mouth, it looked awful...so fucking bad, he started spazzing out and twitching like he was having a seizure or something then...he stopped”, The pale mare sucked back a quarter of her cigarette, smoke nervously flooding from her mouth.

over by the counter the waitress politely asked the mare to put out the smoke.

“W-what do you mean...he stopped?”
the conversation went deathly cold.
Ghost looked up and sweetie with deep wet eyes.

“He died...he just died, heart stopped, body went limp, not even an exhale like in the movies just...stopped”

Sweetie's eyes went wide trying to rack her brain around those grim words, she was about to say something just then stopped, stopped and lingered on what Ghost said as the white mare looked coldly at her for acknowledgement.

“Died...No, no...he's not dead, 8Bit said he saw Button after you left” the white mare spoke in a transparent almost wispy tone.

“Look Sweetie I dunno what to tell you...but...people have a look about them when they die, like an absence of....I dunno realism or soul or some crap, my gran-gran when she died, she looked...Empty, that same look was on Button's face, what ever this 8Bit fella told you...Must have been someone else, I saw Button and he looked...d-dead”

“I..I” Sweetie felt her eyes welling up but unsure exactly why, the feeling in her chest growing heavier.

Ghost quickly noticed the white unicorns face and quickly gave a comforting response.

“Look, I haven't heard anything on the news and trust me I've been listening, nothing about a dead body in a dumpster, maybe he did somehow by the grace of Celestia come back, like waking up from a coma, I dunno where he would go but...as-long as he's alive y’know.

“you...you left him in a dumpster, did you...even bother to call an ambulance”

Sweetie belle shot Ghost a judgmental gaze as a single tear streamed down her cheek.

“I...I tried...but Spikes told me to just let him deal with it...eh what does it matter he's fine right, you said so yourself, it doesn't matter, it's all fine, please if your done asking quest-”

“Where did you leave him, what dumpster”

'ma'am please put out your cigarette' the waitress called out louder this time.

“Crimson hearts on Icarus drive, now please just leave me alone, go be sherclop holmes somewhere else I..I have a lot of reading to do, please...I need to do some thinking”

“Put out that-” the waitress again called out before being cut off.

“IT”S OUT YOU FUCKING COW!” just like that Ghost slammed the cigarette against the table and stormed out, wiping her eyes and storming out the diner, Sweetie still sitting at the table and left to flip the bill.





Sweetie stepped out

Comments ( 12 )

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!

I logged on to my super-dead account just to celebrate. IT'S ALIVE!

Lt

Is this dead, please don't be

May this fic Rest In Peace

Bugler pays taps, 21 gun salute gose off.

pllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee dont be dead please live this story is really great and been wating forever for the next chapter to come out.

Comment posted by The Captina deleted Mar 3rd, 2018

MARK MY WORD! This story, will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will be a path for those behind us. The dreams of those who have fallen! The hopes of those who will follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow! And THAT'S Fimfiction! That's Button mash: High school life! His story is the story, that creates the HEAVEN! Who the hell do you think he is? His story gonna life till it break the fabric of reality with its ending










If you cant tell this is just a gurren laggan reference XD and i do believe he will still continue his story

Still waiting for new chapter

Please dont let this be dead:applecry::raritydespair::fluttercry:

Login or register to comment