• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 3,629 Views, 188 Comments

Button Mash: High School Life - rock4u7



The holidays are over and Button heads back to the harsh world of teenage life, trying to survive it with his rag-tag group of friends,The Gamers and Gamettes. Pick up your controller and plug right in Player Two.

  • ...
17
 188
 3,629

Part 6 : You Feel Well Rested

Author's Note:

Warning if you are in some way uncomfortable with the making of life than please do not read, I've tried to make this as respectful, realistic and true as possible, it is in no way done for titillation but as a genuine act of love in the story (though it is moderately vague). other than that please enjoy this pivotal moment in the series.

Sweetie Belle looked sharply at herself in the mirror, eyeing out any shift in weight or shape,even one sign of alittle excess would drive her mad, she wanted to be perfect she needed to be perfect, as she stared blankly at her figure in the mirror she was thinking the whole time ‘Was that triple cheeseburger with fries worth it’ or ‘should I go to the Gym next week’ . She sucked up her gut and held her breath until her face went red with starvation.

“Bleeeh!....c..come on…5 more pounds, 5 or 6 more and then I’ll be happy ” Sweetie bartered with her body.

“Sweetie! You home!” Echoed Rarity’s regal voice as she entered the carousel boutique.

“Yeah Sis, hey, how was Button’s mom’s party anyway?!”

“Good, I think?, I’m not sure?, there was a lot of wine? And ….. A whiskey filled Washing machine?, It’s all so dizzy?” Rarity stuttered out as she rubbed her head from a bad hangover.

“jeez, oh did you buy a ticket to the show?”

“wha… oh..Oh that’s right darling, of course I did, that’s um?...Saturday right?, you don’t know what I had to do to get your audition through”

“I think I’ve got a few Ideas”

“Well I…What! Oh you Bitch, Get your head out of the gutter…really, I went out for dinner with the judge and his wife!

“oh tag team then?” Sweetie said with a devilish smirk.

“oh!. Well At least I’m getting some!”

“yeah yeah, don’t remind me….I’m serious, you’re like what 30 something?”

Rarity’s face looked twisted.

“Goddess I swear Sweetie your 16 You’re a full grown mare, go meet a colt or something and get married. Lest you spend your later years going out and getting drunk hoping for prince charming…You know, that BackSlash seems pretty well-off?”

Sweetie still kept the same composure as she gazed into the mirror and sucked in her stomach.

“well? I like BackSlash but I don’t know if I like him that much, he’s nice enough but I don’t like his attitude towards people, very douche’ ”

“fine,fine stay love-lorn forever, oh , I made your dress for the show, it’s in my workshop, I hope you like velvet, it’s a touch up of one of my Canterlot classics”

“You serious! It’s finally done…YAY!”

Sweetie raced into Rarity’s workshop and gazed at the finished outfit, it had a brilliant red velvet colour with a lone rose stitching on the each side of the waste.

“I hope you like it, I’m not sure if the waist is right considering you can’t stop fidgeting when I take measurements”

“Rarity…it’s Gorgeous. Thank you!” gasped Sweetie Belle.

“Oh…Thank you dear, though I wasn’t sure if you’d like the rose stitch. Seeing that you wanted plain, I tried going plain but I though it needed…” she was cut off.

“Seriously Sis, Thank you I love it” sweet genuinely said.

“I take it you won’t be at school tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I’m spending the whole day practicing at the club”

“I can’t wait to see you, your finally growing up”

“Thank you Rarity”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Button, Scarlet, Rumble and Scoot didn’t bother going to school, each of them where to busy buying clothing for tonight.

Button equipped himself with a black leather waistcoat accompanied by a black trilby with +5 resistance to Mares.

Rumble wore a Smokey suit coat adorned with a silver tie with +2 class and does extra damage against Goblins.

Scootaloo’s apparel is a purple long dress with a pink scare with no states but acts as a buff when in combination with Rumble.

And finally Scarlet fitted herself with a thin aqua coloured dress with no magical features, sure is damn pretty though.

The fellowship of the Friday night show to support a friends dream was formed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The day passed quickly as they all prepared for the event, all ready to enjoy themselves…and soon, the clock struck 6pm.

Button straightened up his coat as he was about to step out the door.

“You look nice dear, very handsome”

“Thanks mom, should be good”

“You sure you need the fedora though?”

“Mom...it’s a trilby and makes me look manlier”

She shut her mouth and held in a snicker.

“Just…pfftt…have a good time hon”

“I will thanks”

He left his house into the icy air of the outside world; the weather had a chill in it.

“brrrrrrrrrr” Button mumbled and he walked down the road with his collar up trying not to let the breeze hit his neck, the path to the bus-stop seemed long and arduous. Like the 7000 steps in Skyrim.

The late night bus was a few minutes from the stop, button stood there waiting for it when he noticed the outline of a pony walking towards him”

‘Oh shit’ thought button as he backed into the bus-light, ‘They must’ve found out I didn’t pay for Snip’s Product…now they’re coming for me!’, the shape came slowly closer and closer ready to strike. Button tensed his hooves…ready to start bucking. Closer and closer it came, hooves kicking the faint clumps of dirt into the air. Button ready to lay into what-ever it was.
“Hey” Said Scarlet as she wandered into the light.

“ohh..Hey” button replied as he slouched down into the seat safe under the warmth of his fedor..’TRILBY!’.

“You look good, I like you um…fedora?” Scarlet Complemented with pity.

“Thanks” Button said with a James bond-esc smile as he grabbed the fedora of his head and through it far into the bushes.

“Maybe that cut of a statue’s head if you’re lucky” she snickered.

“That’s why they call me Mash…Button Mash”

“heheee” she chuckled under her breathe either from the joke or from buttons pure stupidity.

*BRRRRRRRRRRRP* went the buses horns as it stopped in-front of the duo.

The doors opened and the two friends entered the florescent filled vehicle and left on their way to the cabaret club.

As they arrived across the theatre they noticed the people gathered out the front, there must have been at least 20 other ponies
from school, 12 of them where now considered Button’s “Friends” and leading them was the always perfect BackSlash, but to the left of them was a more approachable group of 2, Rumble and Scootaloo.

“Hey Button…oh who’s your lady friend here” asked Scoot as she embraced him.

“Oh hey guys, this is Scarlet Thread…She’s…..” Button was about to say Goth.

“A dress designer” Scarlet said as her cut-off Button.

“Oh yeah, RibbonHearth said you’re the top of the class in textiles” Scoot remarked.

“Oh really” Button snickered as gave a snide look to the apparent dress designer.

She proceeded to elbow him in his sides.

“owwff” Button’s face was wiped to a face of twisted pain but still snideness.

“So when did you too meet?” asked Rumble as he finally stopped playing with his tie.

“On the Bus, Button seemed to be in a sort of drunken daze…so I told him to get away from me”

“Ahh…a story as old as time itself” smiled Rumble.

“6:52pm guys lets head in. butted in Scootaloo as she pointed to the time.

“Yeah, it’s freezing out here anyway” replied button as the crowd started to enter the club.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
“Here’s a table” asked Scarlet as the small group waded through the pony crowds, the giant theatre was holding over 2000 ponies, its roofs seemed to touch the heavens as red curtains filled the dimly lit club like large…red curtains filling a dimly lit club.

“That’s perfect” said Scoot as they all took their seats.

“Imma go get drinks? Scoots vodka, Button? You want Scotch?

“C’mon man you know I hate alcohol, just get me a coke” Button replied.

“Living dangerously aren’t you….hey,Scarlet? Drink?”

“Um…a think I’ll just have a lemonade”

“You sure?” Rumble asked.

“uhh..Fine, with a little bit of vodka in it”

“okie dok, and I’ll have a beer” he said as he faded into the crowd.

“sooo Scarlet, how long have you and Button known each other?” Scoot asked trying to make small talk.

“Hmm..2?..3? Days?” she replied with a half-smile.

“Wow…you must have made some serious waves then”
“I’d like to think so…as long as he remembers to get working on our story” she remarked as she gave a playful glare at Button who seemed to be gnawing on the side of the table.
“heh..Oh Button, Rumble told me your having trouble trying to get your coach license, Are you still scared about crashing it while trying to drive it with your butt again” Scoot asked not expecting to get a reply but more to revealing in her sick joy.
Button began to hit his head against the table.
“phhhtt..What!” Scarlet laughed out.
“hehee..Well ya see…when Rumble got his old yellow coach he let Button have a go and…
Button’s hits began to turn into slams.
“ok ok phheh..Ill stop..”
“thank you!” pleaded Button.
“hmm…tell me button, how does one drive with one’s own ass?” Scarlet jokingly scoffed.
SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!...Button was getting woozy.
Thankfully Rumble returned and the show began.

The first act was a soul rock band that played old ‘journey’ songs.

The second was a zebra comedian with a high pitched voice.

Finally we were to the final act of the night….Sweetie.

The lights dimmed and everyone went silent…except scoot who was excessively drunk.

And soon the music started…A thunderous sound echoed the theatre followed by the piano light key presses.

Sweetie began to cast her lyrical spell on the audience.

“This is the end……Close your eyes and count to ten, feel the earth moved and then….Hear my heart burst agai-ain…”

The whole theatre became encapsulated by her brilliant lyrics.

“for this is the end……I’ve drowned and dreamt this moment….so overdue I owe them…..swept away Im stoooooleeeenn…..When the Sky Falls when it crumbles…we will stand TAAAALL and face it all Together.”

Sweetie had caught the whole Crowd hook, line and sinker.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

By the end of it everyone and there Granma’s kitchen sink was clapping cheering and going wild (none more so than BackSlash, maybe scoot if she was passed out on the table) so it only made sense that after that everyone was going to congratulate her.
“yeah ok just…..move please…can I just” Button was getting pushed and shoved as he tried to make his way to sweetie, but it was no-use…everyone else had the same Idea.

“Finally” exhaled button as he made it to the door, one problem, big big bouncer colt.

“Miss Belle isn’t seeing anyone no more, sorry sir” he said with a rehearsed tone.

“I’m a close friend of sweetie, ask her”

“nice try buddy, pretty boy already tried that, I told him to shove it, so guess what…SHOVE IT!” he boomed.

“I just need 5 minutes to tell her…..” before Button could finish he was picked up and tossed across the backstage.
“NOW BEAT IT!”.

Button finally accepted defeat and limped his way to his friends outside, broken and bruised.

“Well Imma take scoot home and get her to bed” groaned Rumble as he slung her forearm over his shoulder.

“Ok, me and button came here on the bus anyway, we’ll be fine” Scarlet replied as she helped Scootaloo onto her feet.

“heeey Rumblyyyy…when weee get homeee Immmah ROOCK YOOUR WORLLDDD” Scoot rambled.

“Yes, yes I’m sure, just don’t pass out and die babe” Rumble jested as he hailed her of to his coach.

“Byyyyeee Scarrlyyy….nice meettiingg yooou” Scoot muttered on her way.

“Hope we meet again” Scarlet said as she waved goodbye.

Button hobbled out of the theatre.

“Shit, must have been one hell of a congratulations then” she said.

“Couldn’t get to her, the guard just didn’t see eye to eye”

“Well that no luck...” as she spoke the midnight bus had arrived to take them back.

“Well that’s our ride…you want to head now? Or do you wanna stay behind and see?” Scarlet spoke as she wandered towards the bus.

Button just stood there staring through the open doors of the cabaret club.

“Sweetie….I….” Button mumbled to himself.

He turned around and looked at Scarlet, she was looking at him with a sad puzzled look on her face, she knew what was going on.
Button had to made his choice now…make your decision Button, no DLC to fix this one, Choose,choose,choose,CHOOSE! NOW!.
….


he walked through the open doors…he had made his choice, the bus doors closed and Scarlet was on her way home…with Button Mash.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Button and Scarlet stepped of the bus, into the chilly night air with nothing but the gross incandescence of a lone bus light.

“Um, Button…do you think you could walk me home, I don’t really feel safe going alone?”

“errmm…don’t you live 3 blocks….” For some reason button knew the correct response would be to say “yeah Ok”.

“Thank you”

“You’re welcome”

The way to her house wasn’t that far but it sure was cold, the wind howling down the lonely cobbled-stone roads and biting button like a ferrel dog.

They didn’t talk much o the way to her house, more of just looking at what was going on around them, grass rusting, the murmurs inside lit house and the sound of animals running around under the glow of streetlights. Button wrapped himself tight in his black leather waistcoat, the weather was like ice, Sadly all Scarlet had was her lovely Blue dress which offered no protection with a chill like this, Button even wanted to do that cliché thing how you wrap your coat around them but as he kept going to do it A feeling of stupidity wash over him and made him stop.

They finally made it to her house; it looked very downtown suburbia with its brick walls and white porch, like something from Gran Torino. Button was not looking forward to the cold walk back.

“Well this is my house, bit of a hipsters dream” Scarlet chuckled.

“heh, I guess your folks will want to hear about tonight”

“There in Baltimare for 4 days but yeah, the show was great, sweetie has a terrific voice”

“Yeah she was always destined to be a singer, not sure what all that cutie crap crusaders was about anyway”

“Uhg…you’ve no ambition Mash” Scarlet jokingly replied

“Maybe…maybe, I better get going before I fall asleep on the stairs”

Scarlet turned to go into the house when for some reason she turned around against to face Button.

“Thanks for the night button…it was nice” Scarlet said as her mind seemed to be trying to do something while her body wouldn't let her.

“You’re welcome…It was…fun, I really enjoyed myself…funny fun fun” Button replied as he felt how awkward the situation was, he didn’t know what to say.

“I um really hope we can get together again, it was…nice”

“I hope so to, you’re really… cool….you know”

The moment felt painfully awkward.

“Well…I guess see you tomorrow?” she said as she slowly wandered up to her door, trying to find a reason not to.

“Um…I doubt it…Its Saturday hehe” Button’s remark just made the situation sneeringly worse.

“Oh yeah heh…I forgot….well I’ll go in now, have a good night…thank you for everything”

Button was going to turn and walk when he stopped and let out a sigh, “Really scarlet…thanks for tonight,, I …I don’t really have many friends who can really stand m…”

Button was cut off as the orange mare jump across the steps and pressed her lips up against Button’s in a impulsive burse of passion, he didn’t know how to react…but his body did, he leaned forward and pressed his chest up against hers, her lips tasted like cherry lipstick, warm and inviting.

They both stayed there pushing each other up against the porch of her house like to planks of wood , there kissing got heavier and more passionate, both seemed to be in tandem, pushing and rubbing against each other, they were fully in sync with the other as it was obvious neither one wanted to stop, They both finally pulled off as they were in dangerous need for oxygen.
Scarlet panted, she had finally made her move.

Button was also out of breath as it was clear he didn’t mind her move.

They both want to go again but they were both starved for air, finally they were contempt just to press their foreheads and bodies against each other in recovery as they bathed in there hot euphoria.

“.huhhhuhh…I..I’m sorry abo..bout that….” Scarlet whispered while panting.

“…d..dont be…it was…nice” Button replied as he did the same.

They both let out a collective snicker.

“I…didn’t know..I was that awesome…” Button remarked again.

“Well…I guess…I got a th...thing for social awkward geeks…you know”.

Button wanted to go for round two when he realised the time.

“errr….I gotta go, its almost 12” He was about to pull away when she said.

“Would you like to come in?”.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Button stepped in out of the cold and into the warm air of the house, giving him and cozy feel, he looked around , the house seemed to be pretty small, a kitchen to the right-hand side and the lounge room to the left, nothing but shaggy rugs and rosewood floorboards ground-wise and a low wood,n,weave fan ceiling wise, a simple yet appealing place.

“you want a coffee?” Scarlet said as she stepped into the kitchen and slipped on the jug.

“Got any tea?”

“Black or green?”

“Black please”

“How many sugars?”

“4…maybe 6?”

“Jeez...want some tea with that sugar?”

“2….I mean”

“6 it is” she smirked.

Button wandered around the lounge room, there were pictures of her with her mom and dad as well as other family members, he notice one picture of her looking around 12 with braces on holding a ribbon which was now hanging atop the picture.
‘1st place Textile award to Scarlet Thread ‘.

Soon he looked at the tv cabinet, each shelf was categorized, mom-full of romantic comedies and sop films. Dad-thriller,horror,action and comedy and finally Scarlet’s which just seemed to be full of old 80s and 90s VHS’s of HeMare, Karate colt, ghost buckers, Batmare and Teenage mutant ninja turtles.

“You into the old stuff” Button asked as she walked towards him with a tray carrying 2 mugs”

“yer I enjer” she put the tray on the table “yeah, I like the corny crap, gives me a warm funny feeling or something”

He was impressed, most mares were into shitty lovestory movies, hell, sweetie’s favourite movie was titanic...oh no…sweetie be…..”IS THAT AN ATARI!”

“Scarlet was wise to dodge the unstoppable force of button as he swung open the cabinet and cuddled the wooden console like a loving mother.

“I take it your into that old stuff?” she joked.

Button snapped from his maternal gamer state.

“Oh, um, sorry” Button replied.

“heh Its ok, I only use that thing for pong every 6 months, take it”

Button froze.

“you ok?...Button….Button?”

His brain had snapped.

“Hey Button…You all right?”

“…..you wanna play” he asked.

They played for about and hour, pong,pacman,adventure and breakout, but eventually it was wearing them out, Button closed his eyes as it was her turn, he felt himself tiring.


He almost fell asleep when he felt Scarlet lay her head in his lap, they were both getting sleepy. She slouched over and looked into Buttons eyes and Button did the same to her, she had bright Oasis blue eyes like pools of water, He leaned in for a kiss and she did the same, this time it felt more romantic than spontaneous. The taste of cherry and green tea was delicious. Without realising Button was running his forearm down her beautiful aqua dress until it found itself somewhere more…private.


She didn’t seem to pull away as button began to…well, do what you’d do in that situation. After a few minutes she began to slightly moan with each motion of Button’s hoof. Hell He was just happy to be part of the moment. She was soon beginning to get…slicker.
This lasted for 7 minutes until she lightly hugged his arm and said she couldn’t take anymore, Scarlet slouched up onto her rump and once against pressed up into Button’s chest, this time there kissing was more explorative, using their tongues to search around each other’s mouth, button still found himself abit sleepy until he felt Scarlet’s hoof go up his legs and rub his…..precious.
They made out passionately as she stroked Button, his sleepiness was replaced with…stiff excitement, on and on it went until.
”Stop…I don’t think I can last much more” Button warned.

Without saying a word Scarlet slowly stoped the motions and let go of him, She looked up at his face not knowing what to do next, Button also wasn’t sure what was going to happen , neither of them knew, here they were both primed and ready, yet both too timid to do anything about it.

“Button…do you?..er want to?” Scarlet murmured.

“I..dont know…shouldn’t I…you know have a thing?”

“You wouldn’t need one, Im on the pill but…Im not really…knowledgeable on this, what about you?”

“Well…um..I did try with Sweetie a few years ago…but that didn’t really work” Button confessed.

“Why? What Happened?”

“Well…We were at her house… watching a movie, a movie kids shouldn’t really watch…we both got curious…but”
“What Happened?”

“I…’We’ tried but it was….painful… painful and…bloody”

“Oh…, well…If you…if you don’t want to do it…I..We” Scarlet seemed to be slightly sad.

Button put his hoof on her arm and looked her deep in the face.

“Well, what do you want to do?” he said.

She gave a timid node as she lifted herself onto Button’s lap, they looked each other deep in the eyes as she put her hoof between her legs and raised Button up to her womanhood, a warm feeling could be felt by both of them.

“Are…are you sure?” she asked as they were now in the point of no return.

Button gave a node of admittance as he softly put both his hooves on her sides to soften whatever was to come.

Scarlet slowly lowered herself as they both let out and collective moan….Button closed his eyes as he felt the full sensation…Tonight would be CO-OP Night.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Button opened his eyes as the rays of sunlight hit him in the face, for a second he got scared and thought it may have been a dream but as his eyes adjusted and he looked down to see a sleeping mare wrapped around him, he knew it was no dream, he gave a yawn and looked down at what the night had left him, frizzy parted manes, stained patches on their coats and a mutual smell which seemed to be mostly sweat and BO.

He gently released himself from her unconscious embrace, as he stretched out his limbs and finally finished reminiscing , he ended with a heart-warming smirk and made his way to the toilet.

After a much needed piss he stepped out and found scarlet stretching on the couch like a sleepy kitten.

She gave a glance to button and made sure her last one was to stretch out her gets and show off herself to him.

Button gave a dopey smile as he flopped onto couch hoping for a few more minutes of sleep.

Scarlet gave a long yawn and finally spoke.

“Hm…you look happy…”

“I am” Button said with a stupid smile

“Now why is that” she coyly said.

“Coz I’m going to get a beautiful mare to make me breakfast” Button joked as he pressed his head into the couch.
“ugheh….you dick, hey…You want to go again?”

“mmmm..First sleep then jolly co-operation later ….” Button mumbled.

“Hmm…well I’m going to have a shower and get these stains out, if you join I’ll let you … wash me?”

Like a hunter laying bait, Button was powerless to resist the call of booty.