• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 3,628 Views, 188 Comments

Button Mash: High School Life - rock4u7



The holidays are over and Button heads back to the harsh world of teenage life, trying to survive it with his rag-tag group of friends,The Gamers and Gamettes. Pick up your controller and plug right in Player Two.

  • ...
17
 188
 3,628

Button Mash Season 1 Finale: A Monument To All your Sins.

Author's Note:

Wow, I can't believe its been almost a year since I started this series back in January, I never would have expected it to go anywhere past Part 1, but thanks to all you guys and gals it's stuck around even with all its faults and spelling errrorss, So this is what I consider to be the Season finale of the series, of course it doesn't mean I'm ending it or slowly down, god no, its too indented in my day to day life for me to do that, but it is what I consider a huge turning point with Button as a character, even more so than Part 8, this is also way Darker than 8 so take heed, I spent A while on this one due to exactly that but I think Its been long enough, so yeah sorry for the little speech, please enjoy and please comment down below............ that stuff is my cocaine guys.

“Button woke up in a daze, his entire head was aching as well as his face, he looked around and noticed he was lying in someone else’s couch, he sat up and rubbed his fore-head which pumped in and out with bursts of pain, he was in agony.

“You finally awake?” said a green colt across the room, drinking a beer and slouching against a wall.

“W..where are we?” Button asked, using his tongue to feel the places in his mouth where teeth were supposed to be.

“You’re in my house” replied a mare stepping out from behind Snips, her purple coat at conflict with his, it was Berry Punch.

“How did we get here?” Button stumbled.


“ After we got out from the alley I chucked us on a bus and got us here from canterlot,, I asked Berry and convinced her to let us hold out here for a day or two” Snips stated, giving Berry Punch alittle look of gratitude, making her mouth smile for just a millisecond.

The old girl spoke to button, “I’m only you because Snips begged me too alright so only a day… and I expect you to clean up the mess in the bathroom, me and him had to drag your smelly ass in and wash all the crap off you” added Berry, giving button a half-stern look.

“Snips are you sure you want to drag her into this” Button began but was silenced.

“Trust me, I’ve been doing this kind of thing for years now, I spent the whole of last night trying to set us up with a holdout place far from here” Snips discussed.
The brown colt rubbed his face again, it felt like every nerve in his face was crumpled like paper.

Button began to think about how he got here, house, store room, alley….OH NO!.

“MOM!, they know where we live!” he shouted, trying to get up but clasping onto the floor, Snips grabbed him by the shoulder and hoisted him back up.
“Wohw there, you can’t be speaking to anyone yet, we gotta lay low for at least a month” Snips said.

“What!, I can’t do that!” spat back Button.

“Better than being dead kid, you don’t fuck around with Guy, Hell, I don’t even think we can even stay in ponyville! For much longer” Snips coldly replied, his tone that of deathly seriousness.

“Button froze, Button began to think, Button spoke.

“He knows where I live….how long before they start looking for me”.

The room went silent.

Snips ran his arm over his neck, trying to avoid the question.

“I…Think, ah, a day maybe…” snips stuttered trying to think of something.

Button’s face seemed to be frozen.

“I got to go to the police” Button stated trying to stand but falling down.

“uh Dude not such a good idea, remember…the whole Drug dealer thing” Snips said, reminding Button.

“This is my Moms life!” Button boomed, heaving himself onto four legs.

“Uh….I don’t know how to say this but if you’re getting the guard involved them I’m out, I’ve got a pot farm in the basement” Berry Punch admitted, looking sheepishly at Button.

The two gave Button a dis-concerning look.

“I got to do something” he asked sorrowfully, his eyes full of doubt.

Snips gave a stern look to Button and rubbed his chin.

“I’ll go get Karen and bring her here, at least she’ll be safe” Berry said, grabbing Snips’s beer and finishing it off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

12 hours earlier….

8Bit fired his poisoned arrows at the angered Dragon, trying as hard as he could to down the giant lizard. The creature swooped down and set 8Bit ablaze with fire, forcing him to swallow four HP potions and an Archery draught.

“Boom Bitch” *8Bit said, praising the critical hit he got on the Dragon’s head, sending it crashing into the ground.
He then absorbed the creature’s soul and looted the mythical creature.

“yes, finally got enough dragon bone for..WHAT!” boomed 8Bit as the screen froze up.

“no no no, c’mon please” he pleaded to the crashed game.

“argh!” the boy yelled, hurling the controller at the wall.

“Shiet!” he said to himself, regaining his composure and getting up from his desk chair, walking over to the possibly destroyed controller.
He looked out the window as he picked the device up, he saw the same thing he had seen every day.

The old dirt plot for a building that was never built, the oriental takeaway that probably served meat, the Crimson hearts club where his mother had worked her body away for the past ten years…and the alleyway where junkies sold his mother her daily fix of ….Wait what’s that.

8Bit looked out and saw two ponies running out of the dingy alley with one of them looking strangely familiar. He looked at the two, one of them was a greenish Colt with a well-trimmed mane while the other had a mocha coat and a horribly beaten up face, 8Bit could just make out the cutie mark resembling a Nintendo D-Pad…Oh Goddess…It was Button Mash.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Scarlet sat down at her work station, she listened to the Tick of the clock as it etched every second into her head. It had been twenty-four hours since she heard of Button’s disappearance, she couldn’t think of anything else other than what could have happened. She tried to drown out her thoughts by working, his a quick flick of her hoof she turned on her sowing machine and tried to work.

The loud droll of the machine was helping to mask, tick went the clock….flick…tick…flick…tick, It started to scramble her head like rusty nails in a blender.

Flick

Tick

Flick

Ran Away

Flick

Tortured

Tick

Dead

She slid the sowing machine from the table and fell into her arms thinking.

‘He’s been kid-napped…or being tortured or is buried somewhere with a bullet in his head’.

She got up and walked into her bed-room all along the way trying to reason with herself.

‘I barely know him’,’We’ve only known each-other for a week’,’ all we did was fuck’, Scarlet could only think, but she didn’t know how to act.
The young mare looked at herself in the mirror.

“why” she said to herself softly.

“Why” she said again, this time more harshly.

“Err!”she grunted, ripping open her draw and grabbing a vile of black mascara and wiping it over her face.

She again looked at herself in the mirror, a large dark paint line crossed over her face, now beaming with rage. She smashed the vile in her hoof and smeared it across the mirror.

Scarlet opened the draw again for more ways to handle her rage when she found her note-book, still covered in the Title of Liara craft, button must have left it there from saturday.

She paused, her mind now elsewhere, she opened the book and read button’s addition to the story.

****************************************************

“Part 1: darker shores.

Liara was awakened by the spank on her shoulder that came from the good captain.

“come on sweat pea…time for school” he joked, throwing off her blanket.

“mmmnnnn…have we arrived” he groaned, rubbing her eye’s.

“euyup, welcome to Darkshore downs, best and only trading port of the island, Ive got a few of the men out and about searchin’ the local tavies for a place to eat.
Liara rolled herself out of bed and stumbled to stay on her hooves, looking around she grabbed her mane-tie and looked out her view-hole.

“what?, where’s the sun” he questioned.

“still a few hours away, it’s oh about three thirty” the captain remarked.

“then why didn’t you wake me when this was atleast some chance of a reasonable sleep”.

“coz sailors don’t waste time, if ya want you can sleep, but as for us, we’ll be perusing the local establishments and enjoy the foreign entertainment” he said with a smile, walking out the room with a happy whistle.

LIara slumped head first back onto the bed hoping to drift back off.

….

….

“mrrrrrrrrrrr” she groaned into the pillow, getting back up and drunkenly moving towards the portside door.


Scarlet finished reading then lightly put the book down, staring at herself in the mirror she looked at herself, the black mascara, the ragged mane, the deep face, she just wished things could have stay like they were on Friday night, she did something she hadn’t of done since she was a little fowl, putting her hooves together and closing her eye’s…..she began to pray.

‘Goddess…or Goddesses…or discord…or whoever or whatever is listening……please make sure Button’s OK….I love him…we love him…please don’t let him die” she finished up, not really sure if she would get her divine wish or if it was just a waste of time…but it made her feel better.

She walked out of her room and sat down on the lounge room couch, flicking on the TV and slouching deep into the folds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Button sat out on the back porch of Berry’s house, a cheap bottle of beer in one hoof and a lit cigarette in the other, he kept peering around the suburban backyards beyond him, half expecting someone to pop up with a sniper rifle and finish the job, Paranoid fitted him like a glove.

“Hey Bud” remarked Snips from behind him, closing the fly-screen door and pulling up a chair next to the boy.

“Mmm” he mumbled, taking a long drag of his cancer stick.

“How’s your face holding up” Snips asked, giving him a knock on the shoulder.

“Mmm” Button repeated.

“Aren’t you the talker” the green colt joked, giving an awkward chuckle.

“When’s she getting back”.

Snips simply gave a shrug in reply.

“Snips….do…do you have a gun I could borrow” Button remarked, staring off into no-where.
“sorry man….Don’t trust guns”.

“You’re a drug dealer and you don’t have a gun?”.

“And you’re a Geek without a fedora” .

They both gave a genuine laugh at the comment.

Button wiped the sweat from his head and twisted his cigarette into the ground; the hot day made the air a thick heat that chocked anything with a pair of lungs.
“it’s funny you know” Button commented.

“what is”

“All day I’ve been waiting for the fuckers to show up, and all I can think about is how I’d stab the shit out of them…I’m not going to die…so help me discord” darkly spoke Button, speaking more to himself than anyone.

“Button, are you….feeling OK?”.

Button continued to whisper the same thing under his breathe, “I’m not going to die, I’m not going to die”, it began to frighten Snips who jostled around with his chair.
“Look man, I think you need to take a step back and assess the situation, your alive, your families alive, your friends are alive…all that’s going to happen is that were having a small change of location”.

“Have you ever had a gun to your skull…ever seen the look in a Colt’s eye when he decides that your life isn’t worth living, no man I ain’t going to let that happen again not to me!, I’ll do what-ever I can to stay alive…even if it fucking means” Button stopped once he saw the scared look on Snips.

“I..I just want everything to go back to normal”.

“they will man, you just got to wait it out”.

“mmm…where we going once mom gets here”.

“My friend Rusty’s going to let us stay in his granma’s place down near whiney Bay, house right on the water, overlooks the ocean…it’ll be…peaceful” Snips said gently.
“that’ll be nice, get out of all this ya know, clear our heads for a while” Button replied.

Snips’s face soon grew long and sorrowful before he spoke.

“Im sorry I got you into all this man…I never wanted this to happen to a good kid like you”.

“It OK…you came back for me, that’s what counts, if you hadn’t got me out of there I’d be lying dead in a ditch somewhere” said Button with a genuine tone.
“…Thanks Button….” Snips stammered, not really used to hearing forgiveness.

“Right now we just got to focus on not getting killed” Finished Button, getting up from his chair and slinging himself onto the railing, putting a hoof up to block out the hot sun rays.

“Hey Button” Snips squeaked.

“Yeah”.

Snips rubbed his cheeks, “I know Berry keeps a pistol in her upstairs wine cabinet, If your so freaked out…you can borrow it…for protection of course, in case anything does go south” Snips finished.

“Thanks Man, I’ll be careful with it” Button replied, stepping out of the sunlight and back into the house.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“No, I haven’t seen him since Saturday night…he just….vanished.

“Look Mom, he could have just run away or something?” replied Pit Mash, Button older brother.

“But he seemed so cheerful on Saturday, he had even gotten himself a new girlfriend…..But he just…Disappeared” she stammered, very distraught.
“Do we have any information then on where he may be?” the Colt asked.

“Only that he’s become recently involved in…Narcotics”.

Pit let out a sigh.

“…Has he snuck off to this new girlfriend’s place?”.

“No, I went and saw her yesterday, she knows as much as me, I’ve been trying to keep her updated encase anything shows up”
*err!* came the sound of an approaching coach far off in the distance.

“oh, excuse me honey, Someone’s coming up the road”.

“Alright Mom, just…remember, I’m sure Button’s fine, like, how many times have I ended up missing” Finished Pit to his mother, sounding disconcerted but anxious.
“Ok…I’ll fill you in if anything…at al pops up, goodnight dear” replied Karen, putting down the phone and having a moment to compose herself.

*Knock Knock* came the sound from the door.

“Coming!* she yelled out.

Button’s mother approached the door ad opened it up, expecting to see a guard with information but instead saw one of her old drinking buddies.
“Berry” Karen commented, “I’m sorry, but I can’t do anything tonight, I’ve got too much going on right now”.

The purple mare looked exhausted, like she had been racing someone here.

“Karry..I..I know…I know where Button is!” breathlessly stuttered Berry.

As if like a quick draw the mother wrapped her arms around Berry’s and burned a deep stare into her eyes.

“WHERE!” she demanded.

“My place, he’s been with Snips the whole day” Began Berry, before noticing a coach just coming into view in the distance “..Oh goddess, Karen!, get in the house!” the purple mare roared, pushing her friend back into the house and locking the door.

“What’s going on, where’s Button!”.

“He’s fine, I’m going to take you to him, but we’ve got to leave now!”.

They both heard the vehicle pull up to the front of the house.

“why, who is it” Karen asked, her ears perking up in fear.

“shhh!, probably Rocco…ok here’s what I want you to do, stay down and we’ll get to the back door” Berry requested, carefully planning out the situation.
*Knock Knock* came to door once more.

Both girls stood perfectly still, as their hearts raced a million miles an hour, they could hear him fiddling with the locked door. Berry gestured Karen to begin sneaking, they made it too the kitchen before they heard the door creak open.

The assassin began to whistle ‘the saints go marching’ as he slowly pulled his lock-pick from the keyhole and entering the Mash house hold, his pistol smacking against his leg.

The two Mares hid themselves behind the counter as the whistling Colt wandered around the house, his hooves creaking on the floor boards.
Karen thinking either brave or stupid, stood up and pulled a large cutting knife from its holster, ducking down just as the thug turned the corner, coming their way…his gun at the ready.

Berry made a sign jerking motion with her hoof, most likely meaning that once he notices them, cut him down for the sake of your own life.
Thump, thump, thump, he came closer and closer, thump thump thump.

Karen could just make out his greasy black mane from the edge of the counter, his plastic sunglasses sending a shot of fear up her spine, she gripped the knife tightly…it was not the first time she had been in this situation like this but for the love of Celestia she would not relive it.

“AH-CHEW!” sneezed the Assassin, catching a few dust particles in his nostrils.

Both girls almost screamed as they were startled by the sudden noise.

“AH-Chew Ah-Chew!” went the thug, tripping over onto the floor in a tumble.

‘Now! Do it now!’ Karen’s mind boomed, telling her it was now or never, but she still remained frozen, she was a dead Mare.

“eghhh” groined Rocco, standing back up and hitting the side of his head harshly on the edge of the counter.

“AHHH! SHIT! DICK! CUNT! WANKER!” he roared in pain, gripping at his scalp and dropping his gun.

Berry tried to jump out and grab the pistol but Karen held her back as the brute ran to the nearest mirror, trying to check his owie.

The moment his steps ended at the stop stairs Both Berry Grape Punch and Karen Nurture Mash ran out the kitchen and straight out the backdoor, trying extremely hard not to make a sound along the way, the moment they make it outside they cut right across the field into the meadow, bolting towards town, not stopping till they made it to Berry’s house.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The door flung open as both Mares stepped into the house, their bodies both covered in sweat and there breathing dry and raspy.
They found Snips lying asleep on an armchair.

“Button!” Karen yelled out through the building.

Snips immediately awoke.

“Button!” she repeated, searching each room.

“Oh..your ba..back” yawed the green Colt, “how’d it go?.

“Roc…Rocco showed up...just as we got there..he..he was going to kill her” Berry stuttered, picking up one of the half empty bears and flooding her parched throat.
“Shit man, I didn’t think Guy was going to go all Breaking bad on us, jeez!” he replied, lifting himself onto four legs.

“Where is he!” demanded Karen returning from the hallway, her face and her mind in tatters.

“he should be sleeping on the bed, last room on the left”.

“He’s not there” Karen replied.
Snips stopped for a second...for one second, and for that one second a horrible thought came to his mind.

He raced to the back-window and looked out on the porch, no one, he checked the basement, no one, finally he run up the stairs and searched the wine cabinet, nothing.

‘Oh goddess’ he thought to himself.

“I gotta go!” Snips yelled, throwing open the front door and grabbing a pair of coach keys.
“Where are you going!” demanded Karen.

“I gotta go get Button, he’s about to do something really really really Fucking stupid!” he replied.
Berry grabbed his shoulder.

“you can’t go back, they’ll kill you!”.

“I..know…But, I can’t let anything happen to that kid” Snips sadly replied.

Karen was about to yell something when Snips stopped her right there.

“Miss Mash, please don’t risk it, I’ll be back in an hour, just please wait alittle longer…I’ll get him back”.

The old girl wanted to knock him out right there and then…but she knew that no matter how much she would plead or threaten him, she would have to stay put.
“Snips McKowsky you bring back my Fucking Son!” she ordered.

He gave an understanding nod.

With that he shut the door, preparing for what was to come.

“Why is this so damn Difficult” sighed Karen, putting an arm against the door.

“Snips’ll find him, he’s a good man” Berry replied.

Suddenly the door re-opened and the green Colt burst back in as if he had forgotten something important, wrapping his hooves around the purple mare’s ear’s he pressed his lips against hers, catching Berry off-guard, though she didn’t seem to resist.

Karen felt somewhat awkward between the two.

“I’m not going to die without at least one kiss” Snips remarked.

“…if you make it back here I give you much more than a kiss” coaxed Berry, feeling like a young filly again.

The green colt gave her a proud kiss on the cheek as he once again left the house, going to the worst place imaginable for him.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

‘end this’ Button thought to himself, ‘end this all now’, ‘ you have to, to save your family…to save yourself, he’ll kill you if you don’t’, ’end it, end it, kill him’.

The rain pissed down in front of the Crimson Hearts club like icy bullets exploding against the sidewalk, the tall brick GentleColt’s Club looked like a neon infused moments to their sins, a den of scum and villainy.

He ran across the wet street, each hoof spraying frosty water up on the boy’s already drenched coat, Button had spent the whole afternoon planning this moment out, figuring out the ins and outs, as he acted on it each step seemed to fly through them with great speed.

finally he found himself infront of the entrance to hell.

Button stood at the front door, his hoof up against his mane, checking that the gun was still in there, he was going to end the fear…tonight.

*errr!* came the rusty sound of a coach turning onto the street, Button quickly ran to the side of the club, standing in the same alleyway he had escaped from, he pinned himself against the side-wall and peeked to see who it was.

It couldn’t have been the Zebra, the coach was way too beat up and cheap, soon out stepped the same Colt that had tortured Button the night before, the limey assassin…Rocco, Button wanted so bad to shoot him, kill him for what he had done but he knew if he fired even one shot the club would spill out, ending button’s chance, he let the gangster go into the bar.

‘How am I going to get in?’ the brown colt thought to himself, looking around.

Then it hit button as he saw it, the railing ladder, ascending right up to the big man’s office, brilliant Button said to himself.
One story…two stories…three stories….and finally the fourth.

The teenage Colt looked through the window, his gun at the ready, hoping to blow zebra brains out through the window, no luck though, Guy was no-where to be seen.
He jeered open the window and stepped inside, hoping down and positing himself at the door, aiming the gun directly at the entrance, ready to blow away the first person who stepped in and…….and…….Oh Goddess.

Button almost dropped the weapon on the ground when it hit him; everything had been going so fast that button hadn’t even bothered to think about what exactly he was going to do, or even what the consequences of what he was going to do. All day he had only thought of one thing, killing, what right did Button have to take someone’s life, to leave them a corpse lying on the floor…all because button was scared, no, no.

The boy dropped his guard, he didn’t know how to approach the situation anymore, he didn’t want to be here in this place, to be apart of all this hell, he just wanted to be home with his mother or at school with his friends, if he did this than all that would be gone forever, no more Rumble or Scootaloo, no more Scarlet or Sweetie, just him…locked up for premeditated murder.

He must had stood there thinking for a good five minutes.

Eventually his mind began to wonder around the room, in the corner was a water-cooler, on the wall was a ‘hang in there baby’ poster and on his desk was a bunch of receipts and bill notices with scribbling’s all over them as well as a few doodles here and there.

Soon his eyes fell onto something…unexpected.


He looked the left of the room; sitting on a table lay a large pile of flowers and photos with a large picture of the same young zebra kid on it.
Button let the curiosity overtake him, he wandered over to the shrine of sorts where he found a frame letter next to the portrait, it read:
To my dear Son Franklin Gwangee:
Life has claimed your life to early My dearest Son, though you are gone I still feel like your with me, playing on the beaches, climbing trees and fishing with your friends, I wish I could write a million words to tell you how my I love you but I will consul myself with these few, My sweet little man, I love you more than anyone could, when you were born I yelled joy at the top of my lungs and now that your gone I feel as though I am too, may you find happiness in the after-life as what I found with you…Daddy loves you. ~ Guy Gwangee.


Button for a single millisecond in his mind felt sorrow for the drug-dealing monster.

He looked at the pictures, there were ones of franklin holding a fish he caught, playing soccer and wearing a school uniform with his class-mates as well as one of him and guy…Smiling together, except instead of thick black hair…franklin was bald, pale and had with some breather thing in his nose.

Button stepped back slowly, he didn’t want to look at the mural anymore, he just wanted to go home. He unlocked the large window behind Guy’s desk and opened them wide, he was about to step out when the door opened, there in front of Button at the entrance to the office stood the zebra holding a cup of coffee and a newspaper.

Neither of the two said anything, they just stood frozen staring at each-other, Finally as if turning over to a new channel, Guy’s face turned from dumb-struck into the swave cruel face Button was so accustomed too.

“So, Little Button come sneakin’ round mah office now has he” he grimly asked, speaking in a belittling tone.

Button quickly jumped down from the window and pulled out Berry’s pistol, aiming it directly at the mob boss.

“hah, what ya think Im intimidated by that pee shooter, I’ve had guns pointed at me my whole life boy” he scoffed, “So are you here to kill me I assume”.

“Don’t have much of a choice now do I?” button replied.

“You know what’s funny Mr Mash….I couldn’t give two shits about what you do, I didn’t even bother looking for either you or Snips, I have bigger fish to fry” .

“Bullshit” Button replied, “You lying sack of shit, I can’t take the risk of you hunting down me or my family over what!, one vile”.

The zebra shot a horrid smirk.

“One vile was all the reason I needed, you pay or you ‘Pay’ mista Mash, that’s the law of nature” Guy’s tone was like that of some court judge, telling Button things he didn’t want to hear, “You know little Button…I Sent Rocco to pay Mummy dearest a visit” jested Guy, his black and white face twisted into a grim smile.

*BAM* fired the gun from Button, his head full of rage, sending a bullet right through the zebra’s shoulder, giving him the second he needed to charge forward towards Button.

The brown Colt tried to jump back out the window but didn’t have enough time, just as he got two legs on the window sill Guy had already propelled his body weight directly at Button and throwing them both out onto the rails.

Guy pinned Button down on the rusty grate, sitting on his chest, with a brutal swipe the Zebra hit Button hard across the jaw chipping one of his teeth, A second hook impacted against the young boy’s chin…then forehead, then chest. He beat Button as if he was nothing but a sack of flour.

Guy stopped for a breathe, heaving as he prepare to go again. Button could barely see, hell he could barely stay awake, there was one thing he noticed though, the brace to the Far end was barely stable, the years of rain and rust had dissolved it to a rusted metal husk, no-pony knows why button did what he did…call it instinct.
Button used what strength he ever had to throw the Zebra of him and crawl like some reptile creature across the grate, dragging himself as fast as he could.

“Get back ere’ I aint done with ya’” Shouted the Drug-lord grabbing button by the leg.

The adolescent reached out trying to grab the brace, hoping to snap it, hoping to do something. He was just an inch out of reach, so close, so far.

Guy pulled on Button’s leg; luckily Button gripped one of the railing pillars and held on for dear life.

“when I’m done with ya’ you’ll be buried in 5 tons o’ cement boy” threaten the Zebra, his cool calm demeanor was long gone, a more … primal look seemed plastered on his face…He was going to kill Button Mash.,here and now, like he was some insignificant bug.

Button’s head was racing trying to figure out what to do, it felt like there was a thousand nails tearing around in his head, it felt so loud, so fast…the feeling past, the silence came, it all stopped…when the sound of *Snap!* pierced through everything else.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



They Fell………………………………..



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Soon everything felt Frozen as Button fell from the building, he could feel the point of no return there was no way he was going to survive this fall, he stared forward at the last thing he ever would, there falling just the same as him was Guy, his face just as torn with fear as his, they both knew this was it for them.

People say you see your life flash before your eye’s before you die but to Button, all he could was the pond, the silver pond that gave him such solace on dark silent lonely nights, it was more of a friend to him than anyone else, the white moon, the dead water, the whistling reads, the great dormant willows……… and finally the young brown Colt that would sit there for hours just sucking on time as it passed by, hoping for everything and nothing all the same.

To Guy, all he saw where the things he had already lost, his Beautiful wife, his smiling son, the perfect life he had always imagined but had never seemed to get, A time where everything seemed to be placid, no more fighting, no more killing, no more hatred, just him and his family sitting down together at the dinner table, taking about school and trips to gran’s house, a life devoid of conflict, a time that is merely just a forgotten dream shrouded by years of pain.

‘No’ they both thought to themselves.

………….

…………

…………

*SLAM!*

They both hit the ground.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“Shake it baby!” Heckled Rudey to the Mare swinging on the pole.

“I tell you mate, that bitch snuck her way out” Rocco complained, downing the last of his vodka.

“Or you know…maybe she just wasn’t home” Rudey replied paying more attention on the girls than his partner.

“na man, hey any word on were that little shit is?”.

“Which one, that Mutton guy or Snipey babe?”.

“Either”.

“The geeky kid’s a ghost right now but I managed to scrap out that Snips lived at some mare’s house in ponyville, chick who sells dope to here on Thursdays”
“I’m telling you, once we find Snips we’ll find that brown guy and his bitch mother then…I get to have fun”.

“Any ideas”.

“Yeah….a skinning knife and a lot of lemon juice”.

“nice…, hey bozzy, fill me up will yay”.

“Sure thing rude” replied the bartender.

“Top me up too” asked A green colt, appearing from the entrance door and pulling a stool next two the thugs, leaving them both in a stupor.
“Speak of the devil and he shall appear” joked Rocco “So where’ve ya been Snips, we’ve all been missing you here.

“I’m here to talk to Guy about my resignation” Snips replied, his attention focused on his beverage.

“Hah what do you mean?” snidely remarked Rudey, rubbing the handle of his gun.

“It means I’m quitting you Ginger retard” Snips insulted, taking a large swig of his beer.

As if time had stopped both Lackeys reached for their weapons, ready to put the Green Dog down, sadly for them they were too slow for Snips quick hoofs, before they could even raise their pistols Snips with a flick of his silver scissors cut deep into the Side of Rudey throat, Slitting his neck.

“What the!..” was the last thing Rocco could say before like a bolt of lightning Snips had swung the hair utensil upwards and right up through the bottom of the thug’s jaw planting itself deep Into his skull.

The bar exploded with a wave of dancers screaming and customers running out the door in a pack.

Between all of this was Snips, sitting on his stool, drinking his beer.

*SLAM!* came the sound from outside, like the crunching of metal, Snips chirped his head up.

“What was that” he said to himself.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


All button could see was blackness as he opened his eyes, he thought to himself that he must be either heaven or hell, soon through the centre he could just make out the image of a night sky…then brick wall…then windows…then a barely hanging railing, he was alive…but too what extent.

He turned his head, expecting that his spine must be a shattered mess but no, he could feel on his arms the rough feel of paper, looking to what he lay on he was amazed to see boxes, the empty boxes that must have come from the supply room, he was alive…he had cheated death.

“arhhh!” shrilly cried out the voice of someone a few feet away.

There lying spread out on the metal garbage container was Guy, he had survived the fall but not without injury, by the look of him almost every one of his ribs must have snapped like glass as well as his legs, his knees were hanging right on the edge of the box, legs dangling down with no connection to the bone other than the skin, we wouldn’t be walking ever again.

Button sat up and stared at the mob boss, by all account Guy should have died by that fall but somehow through shear will power he was forcing his body to keep chugging.

*errrr* came the sound of the metal basket above them, it barely hung on by the one bolt in it.

“ehh..” gargled The zebra, opening his blood red eyes and shooting them directly at Button’s, a look of pure destruction.

“You!” he yelled, spitting out blood and teeth.

Like a seal, Guy lifted himself with both his arms and threw himself off the container, hitting the ground with a *crack*.

“Leave me alone!” hissed Button trying to drag himself away, his body still somewhat in shock from the four story drop.

Guy’s black and white face was now twisted and contorted with hatred, he wasn’t going to die without Button chocking on his corpse. He swung his metal hoof forward and latched onto Button’s leg.

“I aint gunna die! *SNAP!*” was the last thing he seemed to say before the metal railing fell.

It hit the ground like a thousand tiny pikes sticking themselves deep into the brickwork alley.

*SLAM!* the roared crunch of rusted metal tore through the rain like a saw-blade.


Button stared in pure horror of what he saw, in front of him was Guy…Impaled with over four metal rails, each one going from the grill straight down through his chest and into the ground, he looked like a leaf speared with a stick.

“Oh Goddess” button said to himself, covering his mouth with his hoof, trying hard to hold back something that was brewing in his stomach. The boy cowered with fear, finally he managed to shake himself back, he tried to get back on all fours but couldn’t get the zebra’s Hoof of him, Button pulled his leg away and heard something horrible.

“Bllgggg” gurgled the mouth of Guy, his eyes flittering, his mind still trying to hold on to dear life, it was a disgusting site to see.

Button stepped away from him, his face had no more hatred, no more evil only a look of something of otherworldly fear, like an animal knowing that it’s being killed.

“Heelllghp” he again spat, somewhat unaware of the rods that protruded from down his body.

“Im sorry..I..I..can’t help you” Button replied.

The zebra tried to reach up to button, his face as scared as a Childs.

“BLRGH!” screamed Guy, trying to yell for someone to come.

“P..please be quit” Stammered Button, stepping away slowly.

“HERRRRRHHH!” Guy again shouted out, bloody coughs in between.

“Shut up!” Order the brown colt putting his hands over his ears.

Again the zebra shouted with bloody moans.

Button didn’t know what to do, he wanted all this too end, why couldn’t this zebra just die already, just looking at him was horrifying but the sound, the smell, it all attacked buttons senses, he had to do something fast, he needed the fear to stop, he needed it all gone, he need to act. Without even thinking or maybe just thinking instinctively Button grabbed one of the fallen bricks from of the ground and walked up to the Guy.

The last thing Button Ashley Mash Remembered was the look on Guy’s face when he saw the brick, his eye’s…his face….his fear.

“NOOO” *CRACK!*.