• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 3,628 Views, 188 Comments

Button Mash: High School Life - rock4u7



The holidays are over and Button heads back to the harsh world of teenage life, trying to survive it with his rag-tag group of friends,The Gamers and Gamettes. Pick up your controller and plug right in Player Two.

  • ...
17
 188
 3,628

Part 5 : Splash Damage

Author's Note:

Sorry about the Very long break, My Mother was in a car crash a few weeks ago and where taking care of her till the doctors fix her up right. Ill try to right these chapters quicker but Its all a matter of inspiration and timing.

The Hot Morning light that Button was accustom to waking up to was gone, replaced with a dim grey cloud cover that emanated depression with every second of its existence. Button knew that today was either going to be crap, craptacular or super mech-a-death crap, well no time like the present.

Button slung himself out of his bed and avoided walking into the 2 lipstick kissed (or soaked) ponies laying atop each other next to button’s Closet. He carefully walked over and opened the bedroom door and the smell of vodka and cheap wine hit Buttons nostrils quite hard.

“Ehhhggh!” button gagged.

He took a cat-footed step towards the shower; it was going to be a gamble if it was clean or not considering that 5 Mares were sleeping on the floorboards like stacks of dirty laundry. Button jarred himself through the door, the Bathroom seemed to be quit untouched, usually when Button’s Mom Threw one of her ‘Get Togethers’ he’d expect to see the inside of the Toilet and the seat to be caked in various amounts of Vomit and cheap liquor as well as the inside of the shower bedding around 3 (to even 11 at one point) Old Mares lying Pass-out drunk.

“Anyone in here?” He whispered as to make sure that he wasn’t going to get shanked.

No reply.

“Thank Celestia” Button said as he let out a long exhale.

Hot Water blasted out onto Button’s caramel Coat, the sweet warm relief almost made him collapse into a deep trance.

“…Hmmm…Hmmm…..Come build that wall up to the sky…..Come Build that wall to the Sky-eh-y…..someday your bird is gunna fly….” He must admitted He did enjoy Sweetie’s song, it was such a well done song with a lush tune and long white legs and an ass that made him go crazy…..

His thoughts were starting to change to a very hot and somewhat romanticized memory of him and Sweetie doing certain things.

Button was starting to loose himself and get increasingly excited as he remised about him and sweetie …..Him and sweetie…..Back when ….Things were different….back when they were better; Excitement turned to sadness.

Button knew that the last couple of days haven’t been the best but damn it he tried to make things better,. He always has Tried to…he…he couldn’t lie to himself this time.

“I don’t try to make things better…I just try to run away from them like a little bitch” Button confessed under his breath. He pressed his head up against the wall tiles he gave a deep exhale and mentally prepared himself, for the first time in a long time, he dared to remember, remember a harsh Memory…The Day Dad left.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
“C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!!” Barked the Muffled Voice of Announcer as Pit easily stopped Button’s Last stand attack combo attack.

“Nooooooo!” Button yelled as his Character was just taken down by a one hit punch to the face.

“hah, you’ll have to keep practising if you want to stand a chance against me in this bro” Snorted Pit.

Pit is Buttons only sibling, Dark brown and quite tall and handsome with a cutie mark of a input cord wrapped in a spiral, his Gaming skills are only overshadowed by his love for Guitar and horror movies.

“why can’t we play something I’m good at like mare-eo kart” the Young colt asked.

“Because all you do is play as peach and you never play battle mode."

“But I wanna play something Im good at!”

“Well go and get ….”

“You got a wife and kids to look after you ass!!!” Pit was cut off by the loud roar of Karen’s booming tone.

“I’ve got to go tah new Pegasus for the endorsement deal you tart, the blokes Need me tah play” said the Barmy voice of the two colts father as he and her argued once more.

“….C’mon Button” Pit said in a non-chalant tone “I’ll play you at Golden eye in my room”.

“Who is she?!” Button’s mom yelled again.

“Who is who?”

“You know who I mean, the skank you been chatting with every Sunday”

“MY DIET COACH?!” Walton Mash Replied.

“I’ve seen you too together, at the center, on the phone hell even going out and getting coffee” Karin’s Voice was as loud as Button had ever heard it.

“You’re Crazy, she’s my COACH!”

The kids mother went stone cold as she had one more thing too say…things got awkwardly still.

“…You left the receipt for the motel in your soccer bag….’ Her tone was a slow sad one.

“What…I took it out? How could….oh….OH goddess no” He froze as he wouldn’t dare say one more word.

“So your fucking your damn Dietician, well done” Karin stated as she gave a slow clap with her hooves “I suppose you’re going to tell me now that you accidently fell in her”.

Walton just stood there trying to find the words to say something that would save his ass…he had nothing. “…Look…Honey Im sorry…I just, she was so flirty and…I just…lost myself”.

Karin walked right up to him and stared him hard in the eye.

“Get out” She said.

“Honey please I’m sorry…Just …let’s talked about this”

“GET….OUT!”

“what about the boys what are they going to think.”

“Get the fuck out of her Walton or so help me I’m throw you out myself”.

“Karin…..Please..” Walton’s face was stating to droop with sadness.

“Walton….Im not going to argue….leave now. She said with a stern voice which you could tell was destroying her on the inside.

“c…can I atleast say something to the boys?”

She thought hard to hold back both crying heavily and angrily beating the shit of her husband.

“….Fine”.

Pit turned the volume on the tv to max and made sure button was giving his full attention to the game, he didn’t want him to take the full impact of what was too happen next.

“Boys…can I come in?” Walton said as stood there like a sad spectre of the dead.

“Yeah whatever” Pit replied as he took Button’s character down with a well-placed mine.

The room was filled with the overpowering feeling of awkwardness; there are no words to lighten the impact of this moment.

“Um…Dad’s gunna go somewhere for a-little while…but don’t worry Ill be back in no time soon, mommy’s just very angry with a mistake that daddy’s done, so we need some time to…recuperate.

“What’s re-copper-ate?” Button asked.

“It just means that we need time to…calm down…and…think about certain things”

“Dad…are you going on a holiday? Iike when you go on tour?”

“Um…Kinda, this is abit more serious than that…Now listen, things will be exactly the same as if I was on tour”. Walton paused as he actually thought about how many days he had missed in the boy’s life when he was on tour.

Weeks upon weeks of test games, going to the gym, heading to various centers and games…things wouldn't seem to change even if he was gone.

“..We..Well..I.I” his voice was cracked and conceded “I..Just want the both of you too know Daddy Love you both with all hi…his heart” Walton couldn't hold back the lone tear that feel from his left eye “I need you to understand something...If things get worse and dad’s not…around, just please don’t hate me for anything you come to hear about me…I…I…” Button and Pit watched as their father who they thought of as so stoic and strong was reduce to … what he was now.

“…Walton?...” Karin said as she stood in the doorway; her face was red and torch with tears.

“Y..yes dear?” He replied as he hoped that some way somehow; she would tell him anything else than the words he was dreading.

“It’s time”.

The taxi coach rolled up to the front of the Mash Family house like death himself had come to claim.

Walton was at the front gate with 2 large cases full of the life he lived.

“You called bucko?” asked the Driver.

Walton merely nodded as he looked back at his family.

“Dad…I..Im so sorry” Pit said as he looked for the last time at his father.

“No Son, You’ve nothing to be sorry for, Ive dug my hole…now Ive got ta lay in it.”

“Just please don’t …don’t…do’t kill yourself.”

Everyone (even the Taxi driver) was alittle shot back at the statement.

“Son, I swear to Celestia I aint givin’ up on nothin’!”

“…oh dad, button’s ….got something for you” Pit stated as he gave Button a nudge in the rump.

He walked up to his father and presented him his most cherished Item; A gold Ocarina of time cartridge.

“It’s not safe to go along, take this”

Walton gave a warming smile as he bent down and wrapped his arms around his son.

The loving moment had to pass as the Taxi driver kicked up dirt indicating to get a shove on.

Walton got up and looked deep into Karen’s eyes, 10 years of marriage down the drain due to his own libido. She looked a mix of stern coldness and a hint of sadness buy he knew she wasn't going to give in.

With no way to change her mind the boy’s father put both his cases into the back of the taxi, he gave the walk of shame into the back and gave a sorrowful pear at his now EX-family, and with that the taxi flew away into the clouds, where it was going now one knew.

The now family of 3 just stood there…staring into the clouds, hoping that they would awake from this nightmare.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The yellow bus seemed dim and brown in the dark sky as the cloudy sky kicked up into a downpour of freezing rain.

The hurdles of old mares and cheap liquor were gone and now Button is contempt to sinking into his seat like a sack of mopey potatoes.

”Hey man, how ya been?” asked the voice of a mare behind him.

“eh, better…Mum had a little get together last night so I had to pre-occupy myself” Button replied.

“Yeah, heard about that, door jam’s mom went to that”.

“Was she the one lying in the plate cupboard?”.

“heh…I guess thing got abit wild then?” the orange mare said with a tinge of empathy.

“They usually do, mom gets lonely a lot so she gets blind stinking drunk like some!.” Button quickly withdrew what he was about to say ”..oh, um, I mean yeah bit wild”.

“wow…you’ve got some issues bud” Scarlet replied.

“eh, other ponies have had worse”.

“I guess, hey, did you get the story done?”

“Oh shit, na, sorry about that…I’ll work on it I swear”

“Well, you know…I could write abit, then you could write abit…then we could go back and forth.”

“That’s not a bad Idea…You got anything?”

Before button mash could even finish speaking Scarlet ripped a bunch of paper from her saddlebag.

“So this is what Ive written so far…” She had a look of anticipation and eagre hope.

She gave the short-story to button Mash; it’s seemed well made and even had a detailed title.

‘The Quest for the golden hoof – by Scarlet Thread and Button Mash.

Button gave alittle smirk of pride seeing his name on the page.

‘Liara Craft;
Adventurer, Historian and all around badass. Braving harsh seas and frozen winters finds herself in her most dangerous Quest yet. Will she make it through alive or shall the deep forests and deadly curse of the temple take her life?.

Chapter 1 – Stranger Things

Liara awoke the loud sound of drunken sailors singing shanties and sea-fairing tunes outside her room; she could barely sleep already due to the crashing waves smacking into the sides of the ship let along slurred voices of grogged up Sailors singing out of tune.
She lifted herself out and searched the cabinet adjacent to her bed for her hair band, she felt around the dark space; finding a clip of 9mm bullets (plus 9mm pistol), a map, lighter and finally the most important asset, her lucky black hair band.

After preparing herself she soon left the warm confines of the cabin to the chilly crew’s quarters of the SS Hoofrot.

“And I told you! If you keep whinjin’ about the gangrene then I’ll cut it off mah self!...”

“Captain Barnacle!” Liara said to the large bearded colt.

“How long till we reach port? It’s been days”

The sea-weathered Captain turned away from his crew member and gave a harsh glare to liara.

“Should be in a day or two if you quite ya friggin’ whining and just shut up for half an hour!” his Voice was booming as he insulted liara infront of the whole crew.

She gave a looked which indicated that he wasn’t going to survive next 5 minutes, he returned the look with his own, the both sized each other up for what would happen next.

Liara jumped at him in little more than half, both fell crashing hard on the floor in a tumbled mess.
“AHHHH!” Scream Liara as she was grabbed by Barnacles Large forearms.

He layed in to her, she tried to get away but he had firmly planted his rump on her stomach.

She begged and pleaded with him to stop but Barnacle showed no mercy.

“Stop Stop!, I swear Im going to pee-hee haha” Liara shouted as The Good Captain pocked into her body and armpit with his hooves.

“Say Uncle!” He boomed as he tickled her uncontrollably.

“haha..hha..ha ok ok!, Uncle Uncle!” She begged as her poor body couldn’t take anymore.

“Ha, I win again kiddo!”

He grabbed her hoof and lifted her up. Barnacle was a dear friend of her father and had always sailed him off to all his various adventures in the past, times may have changed but his love for her father and family sure hasn't.

“So anyway Lilleh , We should reach port Alka’van in around 13 hours, after that I’ll take yah to the old campsite in the jungle, ya father said the temple was due east of there.

“Good, have we got the crew prepped?”

“Most of em, a little few got infection from the seawater though”

“can they still dig?”

“it wouldn’t much matter,That temple is nothing but rubble and skeleton bones, you’re not going to find much there”

“I said CAN they dig?

“Well yeah, they can, they wont be much happy bout it but I…

“Do we have all the equipment?”

“Eh..yes, in the cargo hold along with the firearms you insisted on bringing.”

“Last Time father came to this place his stay ended when he was stabbed by natives”

“Old bugga didn’t die thou..Hehe ya know it kinda reminds me of when….”

“Supplies, have we got them aswell”

Her voice seemed very demanding towards the old Captain, be it anyone else he would’ve soon had them picking their teeth off the floor.

“…yes Liara, we’ve everything you requested”

“good..good, we need to find this place…we need too”

“Lilleh, all ya father ever found was Brocken walls and 1000 year old stiffs in the dirt”

“I’ve gone over the sources and evidence hundreds of times, I know there’s something there….I’ve got such a strong feeling about it…it’s got to be there.”

Barnacle looked at the determination in her eyes, she needed this for the sake of her father, he knew what this expedition meant to her.

“heh…Such is the will of the Crafts….All Right Colts!, Get some sleep, Tomorrow you’ll be sleeping in the trees!”.

….

….

“So…what do you think?” Scarlet asked with the same look on her face as when Button started.

“…it’s great, got some editing problems here and there and structure issues, but other than that I’d gladly read it.”

Her eyes lit up as she grabbed the story from Button’s Hoofs and shoved it in her saddlebag; she was going to explode with joy…like a big…joyful melon.

“Ok, now you write the second part” She demanded.

“Oh….Shit” Button replied with wide eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The bus parked up to the curved; grinding the sides against the cement and making a horrid sound of metal guard against rock.

“All off!” boomed the Gruff voice of Scruffy.

The doors opened up and to the delight of the Goth ponies was a harsh storm before them ripping down rain like a dark hail of bullets.

The ponies were hesitant to get there flat-caps and hair extension wet.
“I said Off!”

Soon everyone was going one by one, racing the black overcast trying to make it to the safety of the school.

“Just Great, good weather, but who cares, shit just piles on my day ” Button bitched.

“Oh shut up, your always whingeing about something, just shut the hell up enjoy something for once”

What scarlet was saying impacted on Button way more than she’d think, he’d always thought it, but he just wanted someone to tell him, when you spend enough time with yourself then you tend to desire things, some want money, others want the love of another; Button just wanted a bit of calm and a round of mare-eo kart, He was simple like that.

“You’re Up Girl!” Scruffy yelled as 2 teenagers were the last to go.

Scarlet pounced of the bus and ran full pace towards the gym, the rain drenched her in a matter of seconds, she looked nice wet, her strong legs kicks across the dirt and that mixed with her heavy wet tail made it swing side to side giving Button just brief glimpses of her…Oh no.

Button ripped out of the bus and stopped dead in the rain, the frozen bullets calmed his extendedly awkward moment which if he was a minute to late the whole front of the school would have noticed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After a minute or two he managed to quell his body’s urges and wandered over to the library, Due to the cold wet weather half the school was also inside enjoying the sound of mares bitching about mares and colts talking about how much alcohol they drunk with other colts, Just Terrific.

“Hey guys” Button said to his group who were now sitting down in the isle of biology and chemistry (due to their normal spot being taking by a group of Scones).

A collective ‘Hey’ came from the meh ponies as they sat around looking miserable.
“Is my mom still at your house?” asked Rumble.

“yeah, I found her Sleeping in the linen closet along with Ms Punch”

“Heh, I swear your mother throws the best raves, atleast for the old mares”

“You’d think she was a drunken pinkie pie by the way she parties” announced Inkspot as he gazed away from his now borrowed book on Mare Anatomy.

“Probably, although it’s not so fun when you find 2 mares procreating in your closet”

“…hold on, did you just say NOT fun, that sound fucking awesome, what are you talking about”

“Maybe the first 2 or 3 times…but on the 6th one you tend to not like the smell of sweat and vagina…especially when you’re trying to sleep”

“Um…You could just ask them to leave, you know…” whispered 8Bit as he was co-reading a manga with... well you know.

“Ah, but I’m just so gosh darn polite” Button replied with a sarcastic tone “but seriously, they tend not to listen much”

“You could Play Polka Music really loud on your computer, that should annoy them enough to leave and go fuck somewhere else” stated Sweetie Belle as she emerged from the movies and Music isle.

“Um..yeah, I’ll Definitely try that next time..”

Button was abit shocked to see her just casually stroll into their conversation.

“anyway, Thanks Rumble for buying some tickets for the show” sweetie announced.

“Couldn't afford to miss it, Scoot’s been yapping on about it for the past 12 of hours, ever since she found out.”

“Whats this about?” asked Inkspot

“we’ll Rarity…Oh Button, is she at your place?.”

“Laundry room, lying in the hamper” he replied casually.

“ah, anyway, Rarity pushed my audition at the cabaret club in Canterlot, you know, the one near the Metro station? Anyway and now I’m going to preform there Saturday night….It’s gunna be great!, just…It’s my first real show…I’ll be a professional finally” sweetie said with a joyful squeaky voice.

“Can’t wait to watch it, I know you’ll do fantastic”

Sweetie’s face was red with excitement as her voice turned into a balloon losing a lot of high pitched air.

“I saw the place, huge stage, like 500 seats…catering…fucking catering guys!”

She was going to explode.

“How much are the tickets?” Button asked

“20 casual, 60 family…elderly get half off casual price, you can’t buy them direct from the club or buy some at the front office”.
“Saturday…hmm.. That’s in 2 days from now ...” sweetie spoke like a advertisement.

“... it’s on at 7pm and goes till.. let’s see.. I’m last act? That’s around?..9pm. so it should end at 10.”

“Cool, I’ll see if I can go”

“I hope so, aswell as all of you…go buy some tickets”

“Will Do” replied Rumble.

“Fucking catering..Im moving up in life” sweetie belle finished with as she walked back to her group.

Button whispered in 8bits ear.

“Can I have 20 bits? I’ll pay you back”

“ow, now you need money! ,hmmph…yeah...here’s 50…I want change thou.

“KK” Button replied as his hoofs filled with 5 bags of bits.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As Lunch was soon to end button raced to the front office, its cold interior was expressed even more with the full-day storm.
The front office consisted basically of a huge glass window (Which showed off kind of a display piece of the inside office, teachers and workers waddling around life a zoo exhibit) and the pathway to said exhibit.

*Knock Knock* as button tapped the glass hoping for someone to answer.

“Use the Bell!” screeched one of the workers.

“We’ll excuse me princess!.....*Ding Ding*

“What!”

“Can I buy a ticket to the show at the cabaret club on Saturday?”

“that’ll be 20 bits”

“k here” button replied as he handed the lovely worker 2 bags.

“and here you go, now get out”

As button picked up his ticket and began to move towards the door it slammed up as a Cute Mare with a little less eye liner ran in and knock knocked right into button.

“OW! Watch it! You Fu…Oh hay Button” Scarlet said as she rubbed her head.

“Hey Scarlet” button replied as he did the same.

Her eyes centered in on the ticket hanging out off his mouth.

“Oh…Are you going to the show?” her demeanor now became a strange shyness.

“Uh, yeah Why”

“Just curious, I came in to get one myself”

Button stayed quiet.

“you know…if you want….and…If you’re not going with some friends or something…would you…like to go with me?” Scarlet face looked like that of a scared deer.

Oh Celestia….

Button didn't know what to say, if he said yes sweetie would see them together at the show, she’d think he and her were going out and then she’d forget about him, but… if he said no it would kill any chance he had with Scarlet...who might actually like him! And WANT to go out. What to do what to do!, Choice…Make A choice NOW…say something! Anything! SPEAK!!!!

“YES!” Button mindlessly blurted out loudly, scaring himself and making Scarlet jump in the air.

“oh, OK…I’ll see you there then” She said humbly as a smile was hiding its way in her face.

She quickly bought her ticket and ran out the door just as the school bell was going, they both felt too weird to say anything.

Button gave a large sigh as he recovered from his little brain fart.

“Boy...You got yourself a date” said the Worker lady.

“Yeah…I know”

Button took a deep gulp. he had made his choice. Full of a deep passion for both Mares, he prayed things would just work it's self out...He didn't want to Cease and desist .
"Game over man..game over" He whispered