• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 3,629 Views, 188 Comments

Button Mash: High School Life - rock4u7



The holidays are over and Button heads back to the harsh world of teenage life, trying to survive it with his rag-tag group of friends,The Gamers and Gamettes. Pick up your controller and plug right in Player Two.

  • ...
17
 188
 3,629

Season 2 Part 6: It's A Secret To Everybody.

Author's Note:

have a great Easter guys.

*Tick* *Tick* went the faint wispy tings from the wood grandfather clock, its thick oak frame seemly breathing as its golden metal cogs ticked away with a shiny glint of the lamplight. The room was a dim yellow darkness and devoid of noises cept for the tinkered tings of a grandfather clock and mild electrical hum from the tv stand. Alone in a grove between the charcoal leather couch and the leather armchair lay two little Ponies, wrapped in one and other and sealed with the warm embrace of a thick white duck-feather blanket, eyes shut and heads slumbering, seemingly dead to the world.

Button lazily felt life come back to him, his eyelids shuddered as he tried to etch them open in the black and yellow-lit lounge-room, a lot seemed to be blurry, he could feel his lungs filling with stuffed warm air. He could see a window just in front of him indented into the wooden wall, the sky was again a mixed between black, blue and a tinge of ash grey that seemed to be more black than anything. As he started to regain more of his senses he soon realized he was lying on the floor, a feathering white blanket wrapped around him while his rump and shoulder blades dug into the wooden floorboards underneath, he also felt something warm around his chest and arms. It wasn’t till he smelt the faint aroma of lavender did he looked down; a mare wrapped in his arms, her head sleepily pressed against the right of his breast. Button soon began to remember his night, it all flooded to him like gold whiskey pouring from a glass bottle, memories of him and Sweetie making love on the couch above them, as if instinctual he gave a little smile to himself then quickly dropped It as “ALL’ his senses came back to him. He remembered Scarlet.

“No…No..nonono” he thought to himself, squinting his eyes and leaning his head back in regret, sinking his back into the floor. He lay there silent thinking blankly for 5 minutes, unsure of what to do, it felt like he was waiting for life to pass him by and forget his face. Button felt Sweetie give him an unconscious squeeze, he knew she was about to wake up.

Stretching her legs and nuzzling her tattered mane into Buttons chest, her reddened eyes drunkenly widened and a yawn escaped from her mouth.

She did the same as button gazing around the dimmed room, her eyes looked behind him to the table-stand, then to the chairs then to the blanket that covered her, she slowly looked to what she was lying on, she could see the brown fur and increasingly more thumping chest, hearing buttons heart-beat intensify. Her eyes climbed up to his eyes; a locked gaze, her green emerald eyes were still just as beautiful as ever, button knew her eyes like the back of his hoof, he had stared into them many times and years before, she also knew Button’s, his fire coloured irises that shone like a bright sunset, they spoke to her like a soft tune, both knew when the other was hiding a thought…a fear, it swam in them and could only be visible for but a moment, showing only in the eyes, windows to the soul, Sweetie could see what swam within Button…regret.

Sweetie wanted to say ‘good morning’, to hear him reply with the same, they would lay there and talk till the sun rose and both had to leave for school…but that wasn’t what she saw, Sweetie wanted to cry, she did, tearing up without a single word spoken.

Button’s long face tightened into strange confusion as she looked away from him, biting her lip, Button knew she knew, he for all his sharp words couldn’t lie through his own eyes.

Button sat up without saying a word, his head hung low as he sat there next to sweetie, her body facing away from him and her head wrapped in the same blanket that covered them both.

They both said nothing, no good words could come to their mouth, they just sat there stowing in silence, Button closing his eyes ran his hoof threw his mane, his hair stuck together by last night’s sweat.

“Sweetie….I” He stumbled, trying to force words to come out. She shut him off before he could say one sentence.

“Don’t say anything Button….just don’t” she croaked from under the blanket shroud, her body immobile.

“Can…..can we talk about…it” the Colt asked, trying to help, his brain still somewhat in a stupor.

“No….please…..just leave, I don’t want to talk about it” she pleaded in almost a whisper, barely a movement being made from her part.
Button slowly lifted himself from the blanket stood up, sweetie lying concealed on the floor, the only parts of her showing were her hooves and a small segment of her pink and purple mane. Grabbing the pack of 7 Button hid it back in his mane and slowly walked away from her, noticing the used condom lying on the edge of the snack table, he quickly grabbed it and put in the kitchen bin, the boy then proceeding to grab mug and flick the kettle on.

Sweetie belle still hid under the covers, tears slowly rolling down her nose and damply hitting the fibers, soaking in like raindrops. She felt dirty; tightly she wrapped herself in her arms. ‘Why did I have to….why’ she thought to herself, the cold hallway draft hitting her unconcealed hooves and legs.

Button poured the hot water into the mug, the brown coffee ground turning the clear water into a black pool, spiraling in the center with brown and mocha bubbles, he went to the fridge and took out a carton of milk, dabbing a few milliliters into the cup then finishing it with a slight shake of the sugar jar.

“Sweetie….You want a coffee, might do you good” Button jitterly asked, looking towards her hoping for some signs of life. She didn’t reply to him.

“…Ok then, just….don’t talk then” he retorted, bring the cup up to his lips and taking a few sips of the brew. It tasted like shit.

The Colt soon became agitated, he put the mug down and spoke towards the inanimate Sweetie again.

“Are you going to keep sulking all day” he asked her, stepping out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

“…” Sweetie didn’t reply, the only movement she produced was a slight slide of her leg.

Button felt like garbage, the mare had made him feel like he was disgusting.

“Fine, be like that then” he again retorted, giving her side a slight kick. *whack!*.

Button fell backwards and sweetie lunged on top of him, an utterly sour look on her and a hoof over Buttons mouth.

“Shut your fucking mouth” she whispered angrily, her face in a nasty twist as she pinned him down.

“Now leave me alone”.

Button didn’t want to, he bit her.

“Ow!”.

“So what you’re going to lie there forever, sulking” Button asked her, his face becoming full of frustration as he tried to lift her off him; failing.
“No I’m not Retard, I’m going to get up, go home, get ready for school and forget “ her voice was cracking “you making me feel like some back-alley whore booty call” She spat back, pushing him harder into the wooden floorboards, sending painful surges up his spine.

He was about to argue back when he stopped and decided to hold his words.

“Sweetie…I’m sorry I didn’t mean to…” Button stuttered purposefully, he knew he could argue through this but he didn’t feel he wanted too, seeing her like this brought a lead ball in his stomach.

“Please just leave me alone, go home to your girlfriend, I’ll just be waiting by like the slut I apparently am” she began to ramble on what was sticking to her brain, “I’ll just be your gods damn booty call wont I”.

“It’s not like that; I didn’t mean to do what I did last night” Button apologized, not realizing the intent of what she was saying.

This seemed to make Sweetie feel even worse.

“Of course you didn’t mean to…did you, you were horny and I was just some nice fuck for you wasn't I?” the white mare chocked, hopping of him and sitting herself up on the side of the couch.

“Hey wait a gods damn minute woman” Button joked unconvincing, rubbing his neck as he prodded himself onto the side of the lounge-chair “by what happened... last night you went for me”.

“Fuck Off” Sweetie replied. Turning away from him and rolling onto the white blanket.

“Look, let’s put things straight, what happened was…” Button stumbled over his tongue “an honest mistake, we were both drunk and…things went…look can we just put this behind us”.

“Putting your dick in me, that’s a bit hard to just put behind me Button” she replied.

“Well what else are we going to do?”.

Sweetie went to open her mouth then went silent before she could say anything, the mare slowly lowering her head, staying Quiet as Button got up and cleaned up the mess in the lounge room.

‘Why is it so hard’ Sweetie though to herself, running a hoof through her purple mane.

“Button?” she muttered softly picking herself up and scooping the blanket up with her arms.

“Y..yeah” the Colt replied, two pillows in his armpit and a can of orange scent spray in his hoof.

She picked up the blanket , put it back on the lounge-chair and walked up to Button, her slim white body the same size as his.

Button looked back at her, her mane teased and twisted into purple an pink tangles.

She moved her hoof forward.

*SLK*

She shanked his in the side then walked into the hallway, a melancholy smile on her lip as a single tear lazy fell from her eyeline, shattering on the floor like transparent glass.

Button didn’t notice, he gave the couch a sniff then sprayed it with the aerosol can, trying to remove the stank. He gave a second sniff then sprayed again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“AHHH!” yawned Scootaloo, emerging from the corners of the wall, her mane just as tangled and twisted as Button’s or sweetie’s, thankfully, Button combed his half an hour ago, “Good Morning”.

“Morning” Button replied casually, sitting on the couch with his legs up on the coffee table, Cartoon network on the TV.

“What time is it?” she asked stretching her body forward and twisting her spine, little pops coming from her.

“10 till eight, the bus’l be at the stop in around an hour, get Rumble and the lovebirds up” Button told her, noticing how stiff and rigid her wings were.

“hey Scoot….your wings look abit… Hard?”.

“I think the word you’re looking for is erect Button, my wings are very erect” She replied to him, sounding like an English teacher, she began pruning at them with her muzzling, trying to clean them.

“Oh…. Um is that normal”.

“About as normal as Rumble Pitching a tent every morning, you should go wake him up, it’s like a circus top” Scootaloo joked, “But nah, It’s just a thing I get some days when I wake up, same as you I guess”.

Button nodded, trying not to stare at them, it didn’t make much sense to him but then again he wasn't a teenage Pegasus.

“Where’s Sweetie” the orange mare asked, cracking her wrists and neck.

“IN HERE!” she shouted, the sound of a sizzling pan in the distance.

“WATCHA COOKIN’!” ,Scootaloo yelled back, causing button to jump in fright.

“FRIED CAPSICUM!” the mare barked in reply, the house echoing with their loud feminine shouting.

“COOOL!, THANKS BAE!”.

“Are you trying to wake up the whole house?” Button sneered grabbing his ears as she yelled right in his ear.

“Yeah dingus, that’s the point” Scootaloo scoffed, plonking herself onto the couch next to Button and flinging her legs onto the coffee table.

“Oh…oh yeah right” the Colt replied.

Amber sunlight began to cut through the ash grey clouds and into the windows, staining the wooden floors in illuminate heat.

Soon Applebloom and Diamond tiara came from upstairs, rubbing their eyes and yawning, lipstick stains on their lips,neck and other various places.

Rumble too emerged, small orange feathers stuck in his mane and chin.

They all corralled themselves at the couch, stretching, yawning and sighing, each one of them a mess of sweat stains and tangled hair.

“Hungry Guys” Button asked to them as the group stared between each other, their faces crimson as they realized they had all done the same thing, unaware that ‘ALL’ of them had done the same thing.

“Hold on Hold on” Sweetie called out in reply, “There not finished yet…gods”.

“Will do, thank you Sweetie” Rumble called out, falling down onto the blanket and chair ”Watcha watchin’” he asked.

“Dunno, kids show” Button replied nonchalantly, his eye-lids half closed.

“It’s My little Human, decent show, bit too sweet for my taste, I think this is the episode were Twili learns the values of a teamwork” .

“This show gets worse and worse each episode” Button snorted, rubbing his nose.

Rumble gave him a half-hearted punch in the arm.

“Let’s not forget that Fic you made” he teased.

Soon the group was all on the couch, a hot plate of sizzling red Capsicum with pasta sauce and garlic was placed on the table, enticing them all with its aroma.

“SO…like” Diamond tiara gingerly put a strip of capsicum in her mouth, chewing it as she spoke, “do you guys do this all the time?”.

“Use too” Rumble replied eating his own share.

“Not much anymore then” .

“Dunno, maybe we should kick things back up, like when he were kids”.

The group snacked on the meal.

“Pweeew, this blanket stinks, smells like dick” Rumble announced, causing Button to almost choke on his breakfast, thinking fast he quipped back.

“Must be you getting your stank on it”.

“Probably, oh Applebloom I hope you don’t mind if I clean up Applejack’s room before I leave, me and Scoot…got abit…creative late night.

The yellow mare gave him a stink eye then begrudgingly pardoned him, getting a nudge from Diamond tiara who jerked her head in an upwards nod, indicating they may have the same issue in their own room.

“Jeez, were we all banging last night” Scootaloo remarked, “how did you and Button react to all that, did ya’s start knocking boots yourself?” Joking at Sweetie who tried not to stare at button with a ‘Frigging help me!’ face.

“uh..Doubt it, I couldn't sleep with Button jacking it, watching porn on his phone” she divulged, staring at Button and giving him a ‘play along’ look in desperation, making him blush with embarrassment at the bear faced lie.

“Oh.. yeah…I uh thought you were asleep, sorry” the Mocha colt chimed in, playing along.

“So help me Button if you jizzed on my blanket I will rip your cock out through your ass” AppleBloom commented, Button sank into the couch.

“So how much time do we have before the bus gets here?” Tiara asked, wrapped in the side arm of Applebloom.

“Around fifty minutes, I’ll probably head off now and get some stuff from home, ill meet ya’s at school.

Sweetie looked at him with a confusing stare, he never took books or anything with him, not even lunch.

“Oh well, uh, thanks for Coming Button it’s been too damn long since the gang was all back together, reminds me of the old days” Applebloom mentioned, getting up and giving him a hug goodbye, an orange and strawberry smell on her, it reminded Button of the two old mares that were his closet.

“See ya guys” button declared happily, waving to them all and walking down the hallway, cracking the door open and stepping out into the driveway.

“Oh Shit I uh, forgot to tell him about…something” Sweetie lied, jumping up and racing quickly after him, her mane now tied in a loose pony tail.

“Button” she called out jogging up and grabbing him on the shoulder, he looked like he had barely taken a step.

“yeah” he replied a semi-smile on his lips.

The mare quickly clammed up not thinking this far ahead, she wanted to speak but didn’t have the words , digging her back hoof into the dry soil she conjugated a sentence.

“Uh….look I didn’t, w..what happened last night was, you’re not going to tell anyone about it are you?” she stumbled.

“About what” he replied, causing her to give a breathy chuckle in acknowledgement, thy both began to rub their necks as the awkward silence set in.

“Apar….Apart from that, I'm really glad we patched things up, I really like having you as a f..friend Button, you’re a cool guy….you know…when you’re not glued on the Computer….thanks is all, thanks for uh…things” Sweetie babbled, her face twisting in adorable fits of different facial expressions as she hurdled and tripped over each sentence.

Button did the same.

“you’re welcome Sweetie, I um……reply enjoyed last night….the conversation I mean….it just good that all that shit’s behind us, I’m happy that your uh….still happy”.

They both stared around each other’s gaze, trying to either think of something to say or not making any eye contact what so ever, finally Sweetie broke in.

“Thanks for it all Button” she sweetly told him, giving him a hug and kissing him on the cheek, the pack of 7 falling out his mane and hitting the dirt.

“Oh I uh”, “yeah you uh… better get that”, they both babbled as Button picked the little box up and hid it in-between his hair.

Sweetie wandered back inside; giving him a little wave as she closed the door.

Button Mash turned back towards the dirt road and looked up, the sun beams tore through the grey clouds and buried themselves in the droplets of the morning dew, turning the grass into a field of gold beads that stung Button’s eyes.

He looked over to the tree he grabbed the Zap-apple from, its sturdy wooden trunk stood tall and limber, tiny garish fruits still lazily drooping from its branches, Button approached it, the same placid look on his face.

He lifted his arm up and plucked another rainbow textured apple from its body and brought it up to his mouth, he opened his lips just an inch and whispered to its bulbous frame.

“This is all your fault…”.

With all his might he threw the fruit into ground, exploding in a ball of golden syrup and juices that coated the grass in a sugary water, he then brought his hoof down and grinded whatever remained into the dirt, mud staining his hooves.

“RRRRGGHHH!” Bursted Button, stomping one leg after the other onto the fruit then tearing any near-by apples down and doing the same, his eyes a grizzly bloodshot as his face went red with anger.

*WHACK!* He with all his force struck the tree’s frame with his right hoof, pulling back and taking a few wooden chips with him, it stung like hell but he didn’t care, with another strike he launched another arm into the tree, then another and another till blood was dripping from his hooves. By the time he was down there was a large white gash in the side of the tree, the size of a soccer ball, tiny drops and spits of blood in and around it.

Button stared at the carnage that was the apple tree.

“RAAAGGGHH!” he hissed, slamming his head against it as his arms hooves could take on more swing.

*SMACK!*, a single bead of scarlet blood running from his hair line and dribbling onto the jade grass.

Button trudged out of the front gate, towards home.