• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 1,909 Views, 25 Comments

Friendship is Shining: The Ticket Disaster - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



One stallion, five mares, two tickets

  • ...
2
 25
 1,909

A Different Type of Letter

In the minutes before dawn, the library was quiet. The only sound to be heard was the breathing of the two occupants as they slept in their respective beds.

The silence was interrupted as Spike was awoken by the feeling of energy building up. The young dragon was raised from his head by a burp that unleashed a burst of green flame. The fire and smoke floated through the air until transforming into a scroll and landing directly on Shining Armor's head, waking the stallion.

"What?" he asked, blinking down at the scroll that hit him. Using his magic, he turned on a light. Taking a hold of the scroll, Shining unfurled it and started to read.

Dear Shining Armor,

Apologies to Spike for sending a scroll so early in the morning, and to you for not responding to the questions when sending you the additional tickets. However, I felt it necessary to speak to my sister on the matter as well as to have some research done.

On the matter of having the remnants of Nightmare Moon's armor sent to you: I can see no plausible reason any pony would want to do so. There is no special magic in it of its own from what I can find, and honestly was surprised it remained behind when Luna changed back. No prophecies regarding the armor could be found in any text in The Royal Library that any pony could read.

As for what to do with it, neither my sister nor I have any interest in keeping such an artifact of our history. Therefore, you are free to do with it as you wish. I will note that Luna's suggestion was "have it be melted down so it may never know combat again!" This was actually her second suggestion, her first being to have it tossed into an active volcano.

I am sorry that I was not able to provide more help in the matter and wish you luck in discovering who sent you the armor and why. However, do not worry about the matter too much.

Your faithful teacher,

Princess Celestia.

Shining Armor to tell Spike what the letter had said, but found that the dragon had managed to get back to sleep despite being awaken by the letter. Giving his friend a chuckle, the stallion rolled the scroll back up and set it aside. The apology could wait until Spike woke up.

For a moment, he thought about going back to sleep himself. The bed was still warm. Instead he turned off the light and got up. Walking over to the window, Shining sat and watched as the sky began to change with the colors of the sunrise. The problems of yesterday were settled, and a new day was starting. He would worry about the armor another time. For now, things were looking bright.

Comments ( 6 )

And then, bam! The armor disappears before Shining can figure out what to do with it. :trixieshiftleft:

I'm enjoying your stories very much. I take it you're going to go through all of season 1 - 3?

3659951
I don't know if I'd say all. I'll probably skip some stories or touch on them more in passing then try to write them all.

Besides, more likely I won't make it that far. I can't say for sure, but I don't know if I'll keep focused on the series long enough to write it to a culmination.

3659960 Ah... well hopefully you'll at least do the Gala and it seems that you're shipping him with Applejack, I won't mind see that growing into something.

I vote that they melt the armor down and reforge it into a sword. Because that would be really cool. Though a sword made out of nightmares (or whatever it is that makes the armor special and probably pretty dangerous) probably wouldn't be any less problematic than armor made out of nightmares.

her first being to have it tossed into an active volcano.

lord of the rings joke

Login or register to comment