• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 801 Views, 17 Comments

Pixel Berries Cutie Mark - Pixel Berry



A short story telling of how my OC got her Cutie Mark

  • ...
6
 17
 801

Pixel's Story

"Well one things for sure, we aren't getting our Cutie Marks in snake whispering." Said Scootaloo.
"Yeah..." replied Applebloom

The CMC were on their way back to the club house discussing about their recent Cutie Mark hunting. They didn't watched were they we're going and crashed into a mare.

"Oh! Sorry miss, we weren't watching were we we're going." apologized Sweetie Belle.
"It's alright, I wasn't watching ether." said the mare.

"Scootaloo! Ah told ya to look where yer driving!"
"Well it wasn't my fault that you were talking to me!"
"Well it wasn't my fault that you-"

Applebloom was cut of cause the mare was giggling when Scootaloo was arguing with Applebloom.

"What's so funny?" asked Sweetie Belle
"Oh it's nothing. Just that you two fighting reminded me of when I was a filly as well."

After that the CMC gave a long look and the mare and her cutie mark. Her coat was white and her mane was a mixture of pastel pink and blue. Her mane was loose and long, just like her tail. She was wearing purple glasses and a collar that had a Fire Ruby on it. But her cutie mark was none neither crusader has ever seen. It was a strawberry that was turning into pixels.

'I just have to ask how she got that mark.' Sweete Belle thought.
"Uh mam?"
"Yes?"
"How did you get that Cutie Mark?" asked Sweetie Belle
"Well... It's a long story. Do you still wanna know?"
"Ye-" Sweetie Belle was cut off by Scootaloo's hoof.
"Uhh... Can you excuse us please miss?"
"Uhh, alrig-" The CMC backed off before she can answer.

"Sweetie! Wut ya'll doin'?" asked Applebloom.
"I was just asking how she got her Cutie Mark..."
"We already did that with evreypony already and most of them were boring." said Scootaloo, while also remembering Mr. Breezie's story.
"But I never seen a Cutie Mark like that."

All three gave a quick glance at the Unicorn to see her Cutie Mark again. Then turned back to their conversation.

"That is true. But I bet it has to do with building blocks or something." said Scootaloo.
"Ah think we should ask her. Sweetie's right that nopony eva' seen a Cutie Mark like that." said Applebloom
"But... Ugh! fine but we better hurry, we can't miss are chance at Baseball Cutie Marks."
"Didn't we tried that last week?" Asked Sweetie Belle.
"That was softball; totally different thing."

They came back to the mare to hear her story.

"Fine, but make it quick!"
"Scoot!"
Scootaloo gave just a little sigh and nothing more.
"Well, it all started at Ponyville High. I-"
"Wait, what?"
"Ya'll mean that you'd didn't get your Cutie Mark when ya'll were a filly?"
"Nope. I didn't really cared about getting my Cutie Mark at that time, just cared about my grades. I actually thought I would get my Cutie Mark at being a nerd, but somepony in my class already had that one, and I didn't want some Pens or Pencils on my flank anyways..."

~ Pixel Berry's Flashback~

I was on my way to Ponyville High for the first time in my Mare-hood life. I was trotting to the front with my older brother, Scribble Smooch. I was excited, but Smooch, was worried about me fitting in.

"Are you sure you want to come this year? You don't have your Cutie Mark yet."
"Yes I do and I don't care that I don't have it yet."
"But you'll stand out for sure. Remember back in Manehattan?"
"Yes, but it was cause those mares and colts were raised badly."
"Even so. That doesn't mean that there won't be any bullies in this school."
"Don't worry, I'll just ignore the bullies this time. Unlike last time."

Before Scribble Smooch would testify, the bell rung and now we were galloping to our first period class. We had different classes but the same lunch period so we could meet up. Scribble had to go to English and I had to go to a different class, but same subject.

When I walked in, everypony was starring at me. But I knew the first thing they saw was my empty flank.

"Welcome, miss Berry! Please take a seat." Said the teacher.
"Um... Ok."

I had found a perfect seat in the middle of the class, I was sitting next to a earth colt that had a two toned orange mane and a yellow coat. He glanced at my flank then sneered at me.

"Uhh... Hello?"
"I don't talk to blank flanks!"
"Ok."

I continued setting up then listened to attendance.

"Applejack!"
"Hear!"
"Breezie!"
"Hear!"

I started to lose interest so I just started drawing in my notebook with my mechanical pencil. For some reason I wasn't used to using quills or regular pencils, so I started getting mechanical pencils instead.

"Golden Glow!"
"Hear!" I heard the colt next to me respond.
'So that's his name...' I thought.

After that I continued doodling in my book, not realizing that my name was called.

"Pixel Berry!"
"Huh! Wah?"

I heard Golden Glow giggling, but just ignored him. But he wasn't the only one laughing at my stupidity.

"Well, miss Berry, shall we start our class with no interruptions?"
"Yes mam."

The Golden Glow whispered to me:
"Completely normal for a blank flank to fail that way"

I just sighed and now payed attention in class.

~

After three more agonizing periods, it was time for lunch.

I walked to the cafeteria to see Scribble Smooch and an earth and unicorn mare sitting with him. Scribble waved to get my attention and also to sit with them.

"Hey, Pixel!"
"Scribble! Hi!"

I galloped to them and set my saddle bag down next to me. I had a better look at the two mares sitting with us.

The first one was an earth pony, she was orange with a type of blond mane that matched her coat. She also had so many freckles around her snout, it actually looked cute on her. She also wore a hat that reminded me of a cowmare in old books I read before. But it looked a bit big, but it didn't bother her at all.

The next mare was a white unicorn with a dark purple mane. She had blue colored eyes that matched her mane, a little.

It was rather odd for me cause both of them seemed like their complete opposite. The earth mare looked like more of a farmer, and a hard worker. But had a face that you could tell her anything, and she would not judge you. And the unicorn mare looked like somepony that was into fashion and the latest trends. But she wasn't really wearing anything. But I'm not gonna judge. I'm not really wearing anything either but my glasses and pink bow.

"So what were you talking about?" I asked to break the ice.
"Uh, you don't need to-"
"We were talkin' 'bout how we got our cutie marks." The orange mare interrupted Scribble.
"Oh..."
"We were on Scribble's story." Said the white mare.
"But! Before we start on my story. Why don't we introduce ourselfs." Said Scribble.
"Oh my bad sugarcube, the names Applejack."
"Oh yeah! Your that mare the English teacher called out first." I said.
"Ah didn't know that we got the same class."
"I guess so. Small world."

The white Unicorn cleared her lungs which got my attention.

"My name is Rarity, so to be world fashionista!" She said with pride.
Applejack just rolled her eyes and stood quiet.
"So what's your name?" Asked Rarity.
"Pixel Berry." I said
"Ah bet yer cutie mark is some sort of fruit or sumthin'." Said Applejack.

I was sitting across from Applejack and Rarity, so they didn't see that I don't have a Cutie Mark, and just assumed that I had mine already.

"So wut 'bout yer family Scribble? Wut they like?" Asked Applejack.
"Well, our mother is a music recorder, Humid Classic, and our father is the Wonderbolts Coach, Job General."
"Yer children' of 'the' Job General!?" Applejack asked.
"The one and only." Scribble replied.

I didn't noticed but Golden Glow overheard Scribble's conversation. I turned around to see a unicorn mare with Golden Glow. Her coat was a Pastel Pink, and her mane and tail was white. Her eyes were blue as well. Her cutie mark was three Pearls. They all looked shiny, like they were polished. she also wore a pink pearl necklace and a white pearl bracelet, they both went with her coat color. My guess was that she was either good at finding pearls or that she like pearl related accessories.
My thoughts were interrupted by Golden Glow asking Scribble, ignoring me:
"Pardon, but did I hear that your the son of Job General?"
"Yeah! Me and Pixel Berry!" Scribble said pulling me to his side.
"Oh..."
"What?"
"Nothing. It's just that, I understand you being the son, but this blank flank as well? You can't be serious?"

Both Applejack and Rarity sat in shock, noticing that I had no Cutie Mark now. I stood silent, looking down, feeling small tears go down my cheek. Scribble noticed that and got defensive.

"So what that Pixel Berry doesn't have her cutie Mark yet? Her soon-to-be Cutie Mark might be even better than anypony in this cafeteria! And she's still my sibling." Retorted Scribble smooch.
"That might be true, but it proves that your father is not that fantastic as they say. Even siblings of the great Job General are losers." Insulted Golden Glow.
Scribble stood silent.
"Your quietness proves it all. Anyways if you don't want to hang out with these losers, you could always hang out with us but not with her." He said glaring at me.
The mare next to Golden Glow also agreed. "You're a cool pony in all it's just, hanging out with her give you a really bad reputation."
Scribble was still silent. Then he spoke: "Sorry, not interested. Even if to the whole school it's a bad reputation I wouldn't leave my sister behind." Then he gave me a quick smile.
"Humph! Whatever, see you later losers!" Said Golden Glow. Golden Glow left but the mare that was with him staying whispered into Scribbles ear: "you got guts I like that, come by if you want to." Said the mare, then she galloped to catch up with Golden Glow.

After that argument with Gloden Glow and Scribble everypony was quiet. It was a awkward silent, but Applejack stopped the silence.

"Is that true?" she asked looking at me.
I don't know why, but that sort-of snapped my silence and my tears started going down much faster.
"So what that I don't have my Cutie Mark! I hate that everypony either insults me, care for me like I'm helpless, or just shunned me like an outsider!"
"Uh, Pixel?" said Scribble.
"Can it Doodle Kiss!" I insulted. "If you feel as if I need help or guidance, then just... just... just leave me alone." I said less mad.
"But-"
"I SAID LEAVE!!!" I shouted.

After that everypony on the table, including Scribble, left me with their lunch and saddle bag. Scribble gave a sad glance, then caught up with Rarity and Applejack. Then after a few minutes, I felt alone, very alone.

'I'm so sorry. Please come back with me,' I thought, seeinging one last tear drop fall on my doodle book.

~

As the class periods passed like nothing, I couldn't find Rarity, Applejack, or Scribble anywhere. I did see Rarity in my Global Studies, but she sat next to me, not even looking at me, just doing her work.

But I did see Golden Glow and that unicorn mare sometimes while walking to my next class. The first time they saw me, they gave a disgusted sneer at me, but after that, when they saw me again, Golden Glow gave a devilish grin, and the mare didn't look at me, but she had some sort of love struck stare into space. That got me curious. 'What's going on with them? Especially that mare.' I thought, but let it slide. Wrong move.

~

School was finally over and it was time to go home. I waited for Scribble Smooch to come out so I can apologize, and walk together, like our mother told us to. I saw Rarity and Applejack come out. I quickly galloped to them to apologize to them of my anger and negative response to Applejack's question. They forgive me and also gave me a hug. 'My first ever hug. Other than from my family.' I thought. I asked them if they can walk with me and Scribble; first they gave nervous stare at each other, then said no cause they lived the other direction from my home. I understood the living in different directions, but was getting curious about that nervous stare they gave. They left afterwards, not waiting for Scribble, and I had to wait by myself. I was used to that from my previous living in other towns. But when they left I overheard them saying that I wouldn't like to see Scribble at that point. That got me even more curious about their and Golden Glow and that mare's reaction seeing me. But I let that slide as well. Another wrong move.

After about five minutes, I saw Scribble finally come out 'Probably call back...' I suggested. I was about to call out his name to get his attention, but what I heard and saw stunned me.

"Come on Pearl Shine!" said Scribble. Then I saw the unicorn mare that was with Golden Glow come up towards Scribble and actually Nuzzled Scribble, my brother. Then I saw Golden Glow come up next, then a group of other ponies surrounding Scribble and Pearl Shine. But I could tell that they were leaving cause I saw the group going down the stairs, slowly.

I saw the group starting to walk their separate ways and saw Scribble, Pearl and Golden Glow go into a car. That I made me snap out of my stunned and shocked scenario. I started calling Scribble out but I suddenly realized that Scribble had his headphones on 'Really! When I finally get your attention, I will first, kill you cause of your ignorance, and second, destroy those bucking things!'

Still shouting even louder, but still no reply but from Pearl with one glance, all three went in the car and sat inside. I heard the car start and was still calling out from them. When the car started moving, I started galloping behind the car, still shouting, but louder. But no avail. The only response I got was the evil grin from Golden Glow that now haunts me. Trying to catch up with a car got me tired and I finally gave up, and slowed down, then stopped.

I watched the car drive away to see nothing but a dot. I fixed the saddle bag on me cause of the running. Then I started walking the same direction, cause my home was in that direction. 'Why Scribble... why?'

~

I finally made it home. I never walked home without Scribble before. It felt, different.

I came inside to see the TV on and a spiked mane that I know on the Couch. The TV was on mute as soon as I opened the door. Scribble glanced at the location I was, then gave a 'Not Amused' glare, then unmuted the TV and continued watching "Colt Code", one of his favorite TV shows, giving tips of how to act like a Colt.

"What took you so long? I was waiting, like, forever for you. I left after half an hour." Scribble Lied.
"Sorry. I was too busy watching you nuzzling miss Pearl you were with." I said.
Scribble muted the TV again, when the commercial came on then turned around to look at me again. "Yea, and?" he said.
"You left without me. And in a car! I called out to you but you had that dumb headset on."
" It's not dumb! It's a collectors item! You wouldn't know that."
"I'm a fan of "My Little Human: Friendship is Magic" and have more Human collector items than music things you have. I do know that!"
"..."
"Why would you hang out with her? She was with that snob!"
"Their not snobs! Their cool if you get to know them."
"Well why don't you tell them about me."
"Every time I talk about you all they think is that your a nobody."
"It's not my fault!"
"It is when you don't have you Cutie Mark in the High School! Their right, your nothing but a Blank Flank!"

That got me in the heart. I couldn't believe this. My own brother insults me on my own thing that makes me different. Apparently, Scribble notice my stunned face and was shocked of what he said.

"Pixel...I-"
"No... You made your point. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to do my homework, and try to get my Cutie Mark."

Then I walked across the couch and TV to the hallway, inside my room. I used my magic to close the door. When I did, I leaned on the door with the stunned look on my face still, then felt tears coming out. I finally started sobbing and crying, not trying to hold it in. I heard hoofs coming closer, but didn't look up. I heard the door being knocked.

"Pixel Berry! I'm sorry. Please, let me in." I heard Scribble say through the door.
"Go away!" I shouted through the door.
"I said I was sorry."
"And I say go away!"

After a while of just telling him to go away, he finally left. I was finally to myself, but I really didn't want to be by myself. I want to my bed and just sat there for half an hour, just regretting my first day of school. I know I told myself that I would try to be good, and I wouldn't get bullied anymore, but the complete opposite happened, and I regret it so much. I grabbed my homemade Leandra plushy, I made it in kindergarten when I started being a huge fan of the old show. I remember how my brother really liked it, and I asked me to make one of his OC that he drew himself. But I forgot, and so did he. I started hugging my plushy , and started to cry again. I didn't realize that my horn started glowing, not when I did the glowing stopped. And for some reason I had a huge inspiration for a new storyline.

I quickly got up and went on the computer that was in my room. I want on FIM fiction.net, and started typing as if it was the last day on earth. Detect a story of me finding the portal to go to the USA, The place inhabited by human beings instead of ponies, and that I was your only pony there. Saying that my family (but they were humans in my story) found me and took care of me. I didn't finish it but I uploaded onto the website. As soon as I posted I saw all these likes and comments saying that they loved it, and that it was my true talent for making these really awesome stories. But I wasn't finished yet. I open another tabs one for Deviantart. Then I took my notepad and started drawing. Then I took pictures of them and the color them online. I post them on the website and to my account back in FIM fiction.net everyone liked it. I still had inspiration but I started getting rather tired, so I finally left my room and grabbed a pack of strawberries, I didn't look at Scribble because I was too anxious to write more and draw more online. This happened all day and all night, type, draw, create animations, upload get strawberries, repeat. Then when I was finally finished with my first story I went to sleep.

~

I woke up with the keyboard as a pillow and a waffle pattern on my cheek.

"Ugh... What happened? Oh right, that inspiration thing."

I stood up, cracking my back while stretching. I rubbed my eyes, feeling much better. I levitated my glasses and adjusted them. Then I finally saw the scroll in front of the screen.

"Hello what's this?" I said levitating the scroll open. It read:

Dear Mrs. Berry,

I am happy to inform you and thank thee of the most wonderful stories and drawings you created last night. It truly made me smile of the astonishing stories and giggled of the most humorous comics you created. It would give me great and utter joy of you continue on your journey online with your stories and pictures. And I would like to publish your online stories into books if I may. And to also use your artistic talent for animated clips on YouTube and if so, movies with your help. As a symbol of my appreciation, I give you this Fire Ruby collar made by the finest jewelers in Cantorlot. Wear it with pride and joy in your life.

~Princess Celestia

My jaw dropped at this letter and I also saw the box next to me. I quickly unwrapped the gift to see a Fire Ruby Necklace that looked more like a collar. I put it on and saw how beautiful it looked on me. Then another scroll popped out of nowhere. I unrolled it and it read:



P.S: I would look at your flank right now if I were you :)

I did just as told and saw a Cutie Mark. Wait a minute... I GOT MY CUTIE MARK!!!!!!

Before I could scream with joy I heard a knock on my door. "Pixel? Are you ok?" I heard Scribble say. I quickly opened the door and tackled him into a hug. "PIXEL WHAT THE-"
"I GOT MY CUTIE MARK!!!"
"Wait, WHAT!?"
"See look!"
He saw my new cutie mark; it was a strawberry turning into pixels. It was one no pony has ever seen.
"Look's like now nopony will make fun of your blank flank now." Said Scribble.
"Guess so!"
"Anyways, I'm sorry that I called you a blank flank before... Will you forgive me?" Asked Scribble.
"Of Corse!"
Wait, What?"
"I forgive you."
"But, why?" Asked Scribble confused.
"Well. If you didn't say that, I wouldn't lock myself in my room where it all started."
"Wait, are you saying..."
"If you weren't such a jerk, I wouldn't get my cutie mark. And also that random spark when I was in the room. I feel that linked to my sudden burst of inspiration and motivation."
"Seems Legit!"
Then we hugged each other. Then Scribble noticed the new necklace that I am wearing.
"Hey. Can I ask something?"
"Sure."
"Where did you get that collar? Is that a Fire Ruby?"
"Oh, well hears the thing... I got a letter from Princess Celestia and she gave me this necklace to show that she loved my creations online. Especially on fimfiction.net."
"I'll check it out soon. Now let's get ready for school."
"Ok."

~Ponyville High~

We arrived at Ponyville High on our second day of school, but today I had a kink in my step filled with joy and anticipation in my heart. Applejack and Rarity were waiting in the front with warm smiles on their faces.

"Hey girls!" I called out to them.
"Why hello dear."
"Hey there sugarcube."
"Guess what!"
Both were silent and with confused expressions on their faces.
"She got her cu-"
"I GOT MY CUTIE MARK!!!!"
Both mares gasped and was looking at my one-of-a-kind Cutie Mark; with even bigger smiles on their faces.
"That's one Cutie Mark 'ah never seen before."
"Certainly it a very special one indeed dearie... *Gasp* IDEA~! This gives me inspiration for a new Gown! Do you mind if I create it in your Cute-ceañera."
"Cute-ceañera?"
"It's a party especially for you earning your Cutie Mark."
"Oh!"
"So will you let me make your Gown?"
"Sure! I want it to be special. And made with love from my friends."
Everpony smiled at my kind words. But that positive feeling ended when the Mare and Colt of the hour came over.
"Well, well, well. if it isn't miss Blank Flank of Ponyville High." said Golden Glow.
"Correction! Its Miss Pixel Berry. The now Cutie Mark gifted."
"Pfff! Yeah right!"
"See for yourself." I said showing my now un-Blanked Flank.
"So what!"
"Huh?"
"Everypony has their Cutie Mark already, what's so special about yours?"
"Cause of this!" I pulled out the letter I got from Celestia.
"*Gasp* T-this can't b-be true!" Golden Glow levitated to his muzzle.
"Well that is her signature." Rarity pointed out being behind Golden Glow.
"But-but..."
"Sorry but the bell just rung," I said yanking the letter out of his magic grip. "But we don't want to be late."

All four of us left the still stunned Golden Glow in shock to get to our class. All having big smiles on our faces

~

Throughout the rest of the school day, I've been noticed by everypony in the school by both, My new Cutie Mark, and my Fire Ruby Necklace. And actually, some of the ponies know me from my internet popularity. But the classes went faster than usual and my life has been so much better.

But sometimes I look at my computer screen and wonder what it would be like if I was still looking for my Destiny. And sometimes trying anything to get my now Cutie Mark.

The Cute-ceañera was a blast; had fun, hanged out with my friends, played tons of games, and the gown Rarity matched both my Cutie Mark, and my Fire Ruby Necklace (Don't know how or why, but I loved it). And I got tons of gifts. One of them were a nice Pink and Blue Bow that matched my mane.

~Flashback Ends~

"And that's how I got my Cutie Mark girls." Pixel Berry said.
The CMC were silent for a while. it got Pixel nervous.
"Are you ok?"
"Ya know girls, we never tried that before." said Applebloom.
"Tried what?"
"Internet Popularity Cutie Marks!" said Sweetie Belle.
"Yeah!"
'Uh, oh...'
"CUTIE MARK CUSADERS INTERNET CELEBERTIES, YAY~!"
'Oh sweet Celestia!'

The End

Author's Note:

This is my Official First Story. So comment on what you think of it. But don't be so mean about it as well. And Thanks for reading it! (Thought of this for awhile cause I was thinking of my OC's Cutie Mark) Also a Shout Out for my sibling Scribble Smooch! (literally my sibling in real life) And now I changed one little thing (Changed the Popularity to celebrities to make more sense)

Comments ( 17 )

O.M.G! (O,my, gosh) this is, this is:rainbowderp:...ok ok this is:derpyderp2: fantastic!:pinkiehappy: I don't know why any one wold dislike this fic! By my experience there are far worse ones out there.:rainbowhuh:

Do you know how hard it is to find a story with "original" traits:coolphoto: well I can tell you it can get hard to track sum. (without the cloping, twisted thoughts, stupid plots and the acasinal dum horror story):twistnerd: but this fic is now on my favorites lis:twilightsmile:. The story is sound, the character, loveable!

I look forward to your next story. I'm serious,(in a goofy way:derpytongue2:) the next one you make I will read! And I never lie:trixieshiftright: p.s. I love the way the CMC reacts at the end.:raritystarry:

3834989 Thanks for all of your sweet remarks on my first story :pinkiehappy:, and for also favoring my story as well. I'm actually thinking on making either a human going to Equestria or me turning into my OC (and somepony did a story with me in it. its called Suddenly Starlet if you want to read it:raritywink:) but you can decide which one I should start on first if you want (Both are great but I can't decide which to start first :fluttershyouch:)

Prhaps a flip of a coin can help.:pinkiesmile: but what is an "o.c"? if I may ask.:derpyderp2:

3855186 Alright! (OC means Online Character, your own pony Character)

Aaaaaaaa! Now I get it! Thank you:twilightsmile: I have a pony for that. But I'm still working on him...I'm just barely getting the basics on how to draw him:twilightblush:

3855875 Ok (And if you were curious, I made my OC on the Pony Creator V3:pinkiehappy:)

Is she supost to look like in alicorn, or was it intentional? If that is so then why didn't the cmc notice it?:twilightoops: please pixel., tell me:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

3856128 Actually in my story, I'm a Unicorn :twilightsmile:. But after awhile of being Princess Twilight's Test Subject, I became a Alicorn like Magic (Literally) :pinkiehappy: and yes; she's supposed to be an Alicorn

So...you got to meet twilight on a first name basis?...already?!:fluttercry: that must mean that you are vary important... O.M.G!:pinkiegasp: I'm talking to a celebrity?!:rainbowderp:dumbstruck

3856218 *Giggle* :twilightsheepish: Yeah, but I was friends with her before the whole Alicorn incident. and afterwards I volunteered to be her test subject if she wanted to try new spells when spike wasn't around or it worked on ponies only. (I asked for the job cause being a internet celebrity doesn't get you far :ajbemused:)

3855046

You get yourself into a ton of stories, huh? :rainbowlaugh:

3937417 Pretty much :twilightblush: (Things just pop in my head & I just NEED to type it before it goes)

The thing that stuck out to me the most is you used 'hear' where you should have used 'here' a lot. There are various plot holes I noticed. Well, maybe not always holes, but messed up logic. I understand that these are just natural mistakes, but if you ever revise it, its worth looking over. Most of my other irks about the story have to deal with some of the plot elements themselves, but thats just preference. Nonetheless, it was a good read. It earns my favorite.

Login or register to comment