• Published 7th Dec 2013
  • 1,393 Views, 18 Comments

Dash 'n Scoots and the Wrath of the Twilight Princess - Super Trampoline



Rainbow Dash helps Scootaloo with her speech impediment, but when the two accidentally ruin a book, they incur the wrath of Twilight Sparkle. Will they find a way to placate the angry alicorn, or will this be their final adventure?

  • ...
4
 18
 1,393

Say Say Say

"Discord?!"

"Yeah, Dicsword. Errr, y-you know what mean."

Understandably, Rainbow wasn't thrilled with my idea. As far as I could gather, she didn't really trust the Dracone-whatchamacallit, and I could understand why. He seems shifty, and I suspect his (seemingly sincere) relationship with Fluttershy is the only thing keeping him in check.

"Scooter, You know we we can't trust that dragon--"

"He's n-notta dru... dragon. He'sa... um..."

"Yeah, Draconequus, whatever. Listen kid, you can't trust him. You know reading more than I do. Isn't there somewhere else we can go to fix a book?"

"On a Suh... Sundy aff... aff... right now?"

"Yeah, you're right. Everything's probably closed. Also, we did kind of destroy the book."

"Kind-d of?"

"Okay, completely destroy the book. And she'll know if it's a new one. Right, to Fluttershy's place. Scoots, this better not turn out horribly."

"Oh come on, Rainbow! Th-this is an adveshure, rememmmber?"

"You're going to get us killed, you know."

"Pwobably," I joked.


RD is close enough friends with Fluttershy that they just trot into each other's houses. Or cottage, in this case. We pushed the door open and walked inside. We looked around. There were plenty of animals, but no ponies. Or Draconequine, or what ever they're called.

"Why, hello ladies, fancy seeing you here," the unmistakable suave voice rang out.

"No games, Discord. Where are you?" Dash asked, perhaps a bit aggressively.

"My, how I do enjoy looking down on you. Up here, silly filly."

We both craned our necks upward to see that, yes, Discord was on the ceiling. Literally. He looked to be painting it, holding an artist's palette in his claw and running broad impressionistic strokes upon the popcorn texture. Except, he was part of the painting too. It made me think of what Rainbow had told me about him hanging out in Celestia's stained-glass windows. It kind of made my eyes go funny, so I stopped looking up. Dash got right to business.

"Okay, here's the deal, Discord. I don't want any funny business. I know you can do good, and I'd like you to do some good right now."

"Oh, really?" asked Discord, an amused smirk on his flat face. "What ever could have the oh so high and mighty Rainbow Crash down upon her knees, begging me, me of all creatures for help?

"Actwoally, It's I whom need year--your helph," I stated calmly. Inside though, I was a bit nervous. I like Discord more than Dash does, but he did mess up my big sister in the head, and that's not cool.

"My help, hmmmm? Interesting. What for?" He slithered down off of the ceiling and onto a couch that looked suspiciously like one of Rarity's. I'd have to ask Sweetie about that.

Understandably, Rainbow Dash choose to be my spokespony. "Well, we were working on reading, but--" Discord reached over and clamped a talon over her muzzle.

"Shhh. No helping. I want to hear this one straight from the horse's mouth. Scootaloo, would you like my help?"

"Mmhhmph!" Rainbow said angrily, eventually extracting her muzzle. I ignored her struggle.

"Well, you saw, seh, s-s-s"--I remembered our practice with the long e sound from this morning, and scrunched up my face. "suheeee, D-Dash and muh were w-w-w..." I took a deep breath. "working. Working on rearding, and-d-d, well, ummm..."

"Ummm, you say? Dearest Scootaloo, I am a draconequus. I have slain the mighty Jabberwock with my vorpal sword, and I have brought down the wily Ogopogo in his dreadful lake, but even I am no match for the fearsome Ummm!"

"Discord!" Rainbow growled.

"Right, carry on Scootaloo."

I smiled. I liked Discord's humor. It was quick, clever. Dash is more of a prankster. I like both of them I guess. But I like Dash more. Just want to make sure that's clear. I continued, "N-n-neigh, I have faith in... in... in you, Discrow. You cald slay the um, Ummm if you put your sh-shed and shart into it! Bu-bu-but, I want you to-- t-t-too ta--"

Dash bailed me out. "Discord, can you fix this book?" She held up the bag with the remaining ashes.

"Why, are you trying to keep the local stray book population under control?"

"What does-- What, no, not that 'fix'. I know you have weird freaky powers. Just... Scootaloo set a book on--"

"It was an ashident!" I cut in.

"Right, Scootaloo accidentally set a book on fire, and well... can you make us a new one?"

"A book on fire? How delightfully destructive. Scootaloo, you're a pony after my own heart. How, pray tell, did you do that?"

"Long story," I mumbled, head hung low.

"So yeah," Rainbow said, "can you like, you know, use your weird magic and replace it?"

Discord shifted his sitting position and stroked his chin. "That's an awfully boring way to use magic. Is it a particularly special book?"

"Well, no," she replied.

"Then just borrow a new copy from the library. Problem solved. Bug Twilight for me while you're at."

"W-well, Mischord, ummmm, we didcht burrow it. It's Twa-Twilight's book."

"We... don't really want Twilight to know," Rainbow added.

Discord sat up now. "Oh? You want to hide it from her?"

"Yes," we replied simultaneously.

Discord raised his eyebrows. "Lying to your dear friend Twilight? Now that's not very loyal at all."

"Look, you know how Twilight gets about her books. We messed up, okay. Now, can you help Scootaloo and I out, or what?"

Discord turned his head to me, still lazing on the couch. "Now, Scootaloo, I'm ashamed of you. You know how important honesty is. I thought your adoptive big sister did too, but I guess I'm the only honest thing around these days. I'm afraid I'm going to have to tell Twilight about this. Say, do you smell that?" He sniffed the air curiously.

"Um, no," Dash replied nervously. "Look, Discord, I knew coming to you was a bad idea, and I--"

"Ah ah ah. Be a good pony and don't distract me. I'm concentrating." He continued to sniff, his nose turning several different shades of green in succession. Rainbow just glared. After a good half minute, he finally spoke:

"Aha! I smell a friendship lesson in the making." Then he poofed out of existence.

I giggled nervously. "Oops."

Comments ( 5 )

3629963 Oh hey, I finally updated it! :scootangel::rainbowdetermined2:

Oh come on, it's only lying if you say you didn't burn it in the first place. But fixing it and admitting the mistake should help minimize the damage to your persons.

This is super funny, I love it! Again, as someone who suffers from a speech disorder (nothing as bad as hers, I can't articulate my words like Scootaloo because of my tongue. Its too big, therefore it hinders my speech - much more when talking fast or in a conversation. ) I am just surprised that she isn't as mad at the problem when speaking. I find myself livid everytime I try speaking in class outloud. (Try saying 'synonym', I can't!)

5879092 i'm glad you're enjoying it, and sorry that you can relate to it. With any luck I'll update it before the end of 2015. :rainbowwild::scootangel:

Login or register to comment