• Published 7th Dec 2013
  • 1,393 Views, 18 Comments

Dash 'n Scoots and the Wrath of the Twilight Princess - Super Trampoline



Rainbow Dash helps Scootaloo with her speech impediment, but when the two accidentally ruin a book, they incur the wrath of Twilight Sparkle. Will they find a way to placate the angry alicorn, or will this be their final adventure?

  • ...
4
 18
 1,393

Everybody Talks

"Right! No, other right!" I scream. Whoosh! A branch misses my ear by two inches. "Left now. Leeefft! LeeeeAHHHHHH!" I lean hard to avoid decapitation. Rainbow Dash is very scary when she's-- "Now lower!" --flying blind. Especially when I'm-- "Watch out for that--RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!!!" --her pilot, with an angry unicorn on our tail. But trying not to die does seem to help me speak clearer... "Down! Now down! AUGH TOO FAR DOWN! UP!" How did we get into this mess in the first place? PFFFSSHHHT! A beam of pure energy rushes by us and explodes a nearby tree. "Bank a little right... there that's good and... AUGGHHH DOWN!" She dives to the forest floor, and I feel a few hairs ripped from my mane. Yeah, we're going to die. But before we do, let me tell you a story.


...Earlier...

With her strength and agility, Rainbow Dash easily lifted me and the book up off of the ground and onto the room-sized cloud that hovered perhaps ten Celestes in the air.

She set me down, and I sank into the fluffy goodness. It's not very often these days that I get to go cloud walking, on account of my wings, so it's always super neat when I do get to.

Rainbow fluffed up two pillows, one for her and one for me. She's the best. "So kiddo," she asked me, "what did you and Doctor Sound work on this week?"

I have to go visit a speech therapist over in Canterlot several times a week; his name is Doctor Strange Sound. It's helpful, but its pretty boring. Here with Dashie, I get to practice applying what I learn over there.

"Well, we wokked on the eeeeeee sound."

"Eeees, huh? Sounds pretty sweeeeeet! And speaking of sweet, guess what I got us?"

"What?" I asked, absentmindedly twirling a whiff of cloud around with my hoof.

"It's a book called 'The King's Speech'. It's about--"

"The King?" I interrupted. "We dawn... dawn... dawn't have king!"

"Well if you'd let me finish!" Dash stated with a silly harrumph. "It's about King Gorkle the Third, ruler of the Griffon Kingdom. He had a speech impediment like you."

My eyes lit up. "Really, he deh too?"

"Yeah, he had some serious stuttering stuff going on. But he had a friend who helped him through it so he could make an important speech to his people. Cool, huh?"

"Wow, yeah, Rainbow, th-that sownds net--I mean neat!"

I love my big sister so much. She's doing this for free you know--I mean, the whole Big Brothers Big Sisters thing. I'm suuuuuper lucky to have the most awesomest of awesome ponies in Ponyville be my Big.

"Heck yeah it's neat. You ready to read some of it?" she asked me.

I looked up at her and smiled. "Anything to impreg...impress my sister!"


...Later...

"Oh uh, heh, hey Twilight. Uh, nah, nothing happened. Just uh... Scoots here, she uh, spits! Yeah, she can spit too much when she talks, you know, DVD and all that, and uh, she just spat out like a real big loogie. Uh, won't happen again! Promise."

Twilight grimaced at the thought of my spit defiling her precious book, but she seemed to have bought it. "Uhh, okay, I understand. I'm happy to see you helping Scootaloo, just be careful, okay?"

"'Course, Twi! I wouldn't let you down!" Rainbow assured her. Twilight luckily didn't decide to fly up here to investigate, instead electing to trot back into the library.

Rainbow let out a "Phew!" and fell onto her back, back into the puffy cloud. She turned her head and grinned nervously. "Heh, that was close one, huh?" she said.

I grimaced. "We're in touble, aren't we?" I said.

Rainbow nonchalantly flicked a hoof in my direction "Nah, we'll fix it, no big deal. I'll just--"

"Wainbow," I interrupted her. "We j-j-just runed one of Twilight's bewk-ks. You kn... kn... know how she is'aboot that? R-right?"

Dash's pupils suddenly dilated, and the color drained from her face. She quickly pushed the cloud higher, out of earshot of any potential lavender-coated eavesdroppers. Then she started to hyperventilate. "OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH weruinedabookwe'resodoomed!"

She was freaking out, but this time, it was my turn to be the big sister. I put a reassuring hoof on her shoulder.

"Hey sisister, don't be down. We can go on ant adventure to get her. I mean, 'together'. To fa-fa-fa-fix it." I did my patented "Scootagrin" smile. Hopefully it would work.

It did. She gave me a hug. "You know, you're right, squirt. This does sounds like an adventure!" She grinned. "I can picture it now: 'Rainbow Dash and the Angry Alicorn'!"

"Hey!" I shouted. "What aboot meh? Are not I tart of this adventear too? And fu-further mar, while 'Ang...ry Allycone' alliiiiterates, we neh need more mistress, I mean mysterious t-ttttt-title!"

She stuck a hoof nervously behind her mane. "Heh, sorry to break it to you kid, but 'Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo and the something something' is one 'and' too many. It doesn't, you know, flow. Your title's gotta flow right, you know what I mean?"

I paused to consider this. She did have a point. I tried again. "Well, b-buts, rememer that serays they made us rid-read when--well, at leassst in Couddale they did--called... Re...Re-Rescue Wangers?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, nice thinking kid," she replied. "What was it? 'Dale 'n Chip' or something like that?"

"Yeah, yeah!" I enthused.

"Okay, how about this: 'Dash 'n Scoots and the Wrath of the Twilight Princess'?"

I smiled. "I like it."

Author's Note:

Why is Twilight a unicorn? Find out next chapter! ~Scoots :scootangel:

I haven't seen "The King's Speech", but I hear it's very good! ~Super

Note: Developmental verbal dyspraxia affects one's motor skills. The language center of Scootaloo's brain works fine, and her mouth works fine, but the two don't play nice with each other, so to speak.