• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 1,394 Views, 88 Comments

MLP FiM: A New Generation & Other Stories - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Follow the adventures of the Mane Six, their offspring, and other characters.

  • ...
6
 88
 1,394

Chapter 14: HE IS NOT A MONSTER!

Princess Celestia's normally regal form was replaced with a look of anger; her horn glowing with a bright intensity.

"I WILL NOT ASK AGAIN!" she exclaimed in the royal tone. "WHAT IS A DRAQUINEAN DOING IN MY KINGDOM!?

Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and the little ones looked on with fear and confusion. Fluttershy ran in front of Fireball, unsure of why her ruler was speaking so harshly.

"What the hay is she talking about?" asked Rainbow Dash. "What's a Draquinean?"

"If ah had to guess, she's talkin' about Fireball," replied Applejack.

"YOU NAMED THIS MONSTER!?"

"Why's Pwincess Cewestia yewwing at us, Auntie Applejack?" asked Shimmer.

"Did she cawl Firebawl a monster?" asked Lil' Macintosh.

"Um...your highness..." Fluttershy began to say. "I...um...don't know what you think Fireball has done...but he's not a monster..."

"YOU KNOW NOT WHAT HORRORS YOU BRING TO EQUESTRIA!"

"Princess Celestia, stop!" exclaimed Twilight, making her way with the others to the front of the library.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE! HOW COULD YOU LET THIS CREATURE COME INTO THIS WORLD!?"

"We didn't know what he was!" exclaimed Twilight. "Fluttershy found his egg in the Everfree Forest! He was born a couple days ago! We just found out what he is!"

"What the buck is going on!?" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "Why is Princess Celestia acting like a total psycho!?"

"YOU WOULDN'T THINK ME A PSYCHO IF YOU KNEW WHAT HORRORS THAT THING AND HIS OTHER KIND CAUSED!"

"Is she telling the truth, Bookie!?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"To some degree, yes," replied Bookworm. "It would appear that Fireball is part of a thought to be extinct race that reeked havoc centuries ago."

"THEN YOU AND TWILIGHT SPARKLE KNOW WHAT THIS CREATURE WILL DO TO US ALL!"

"But, he was just born!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, mane and tale still deflated. "You can't judge what a pony will do at so young!"

"DO NOT SPEAK OF THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING OF! IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG FOR ONE OF THESE MONSTERS TO BECOME BLOODTHIRSTY AND SAVAGE!"

"Then it is true," said Twilight, with a quiver in her voice. "You did kill the offspring!"

The others went wide eyed in horror, their pupils shrinking in disbelief.

"You...harmed...children?" Fluttershy asked in shock.

"I DID WHAT HAD TO BE DONE TO KEEP MY LITTLE PONIES SAFE! NOW STAND BACK! THIS MONSTER MUST BE DESTROYED!"

The library then began to shake. Everypony started to take a step back in fear; everypony, that is, except Fluttershy.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, FLUTTERSHY!? MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!"

"No," Fluttershy replied, in the usual timid way.

"WHAT!?"

"I...said...NO!" Fluttershy screamed, louder than any of her friends can recall her ever doing.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME WITH SUCH INSOLENCE!?"

"HOW DARE I!?" Fluttershy continued, not breaking her tone. "HOW DARE YOU!"

"YOU WOULD PROTECT THIS MONSTER!?"

"STOP CALLING HIM THAT!" Fluttershy exclaimed slightly louder. "HE IS NOT A MONSTER! HE HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG! HE'S ONLY JUST BEEN BORN!"

As she kept talking, her voice began to soften slightly, but still commanding.

"He was scared after he hatched!" Fluttershy continued. "He didn't know what was going on! I've been taking care of him since he was still in his egg. I talked to him. I sang to him. I made sure he was warm."

She soon began tearing up.

"He...he called me...mama" she began to tear up. "He's...he's not a monster like you claim him to be. Does...does that look like a monster!?"

Fluttershy motioned Celestia towards Fireball, who was crouched behind the yellow pegasus in horror. At that moment, Celestia didn't see some monster ready to pounce, she saw a small creature that was scared for its own life, and was seeking safety from its mother. The light from Celestia's horn began to dim, the building stopped shaking. Finally, the light from her horn faded completely and the Princess seemed back to her usual self.

"I'm...I'm so sorry, my little ponies," Celestia said in a much softer tone. "I was blinded by fear and hatred of the past. But, you are right, this creat...I mean, Fireball, he has done nothing wrong."

"So...um..."Fluttershy began, back to her usual timid tone. "I can continue to take care of Fireball?"

"Yes, Fluttershy," replied Celestia. "You have my full support."

Everypony else gave huge sighs of relief.

"But," began Celestia. "I want updates on any strange behavior the young one may show. If he becomes dangerous to others in any way...I will not destroy him. But, I will have no choice, for the safety of Equestria, to have him banished somewhere he can cause no harm. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Princess!" exclaimed Fluttershy. "I promise I'll let you know if he causes any kind of harm!"

"Very good," smiled Celestia. "Now, you should probably head to a courthouse."

"Why?" asked Fluttershy.

"Fireball is clearly not some pet," explained Celestia. "He sees you as his mother, and you see him as your son. Proper documents must be made up to indicate that you are legally responsible for him. This includes getting him a proper education when he's old enough."

"Oh my, yes!" exclaimed Fluttershy. "I didn't even consider all that yet!"

"Oh yea," said Rainbow Dash. "Bookie and I did the same thing with Scoots."

"Probly shoulda mentioned that to her sooner, Sugar Cube," quipped Applejack.

"Hey, a lot's happened in the past few days!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

Back in Ponyville, Fluttershy and Snowflake had Fireball taken to the courthouse to have the proper documents filled out that would make them his legal guardians.

"I'm glad you agreed to this, Snowflake," said Fluttershy.

"I'll admit, it's a bit strange," replied Snowflake. "But, you're a good judge of character. And the little guy is definitely attached to you. Hope he likes me too."

"Give it some time," said Fluttershy with a loving smile. "He'll see you as his father."

The rest of Fluttershy's friends were also present to witness the special occasion. Mayor Mare had her assistant go over the documents thoroughly to make sure everything was in proper order.

"Alright," began Mayor Mare. "You, Fluttershy, and you, Snowflake, are taking up the responsibility of the care of young Fireball here. Please sign on the proper spaces in this document."

Fluttershy and Snowflake complied and signed the document.

"So...that's it?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yes, that should do it," Mayor Mare said enthusiastically. "However, for a year or so, you will be visited by a social worker to make sure you're taking care of Fireball properly. But, as of today, he is in your full custody."

"WOOHOO!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie. "TIME TO PAAAAAAARRRRRTAAAAY!"

"Actually," Fluttershy interrupted. "Could we please wait a little while on the celebration? So much has happened. I just want Snowflake and I to have some quality time with our new son. If that's ok with you..."

"Aw, of course it is!" exclaimed Pinkie, hugging Fluttershy tightly. "I'm not gonna force any parties onto you! I'm just so happy for you and your new family!"

Everypony else joined in on the hug.

Back at Fluttershy's cottage, she made up a room for Fireball to sleep in.

"This is going to be your room from now on, Fireball," said Fluttershy. "It's very close to where Mama and Papa sleep, so I can hear you if you need me. Just call for me or your Papa if anything's wrong."

She tucked her son into his new bed and gave him a nuzzle on the nose.

"I hope Snowflake and I can make you happy. We both love you very much."

"I...wove...you...too...mama," Fireball managed to get out, smiling big after saying it.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, I was suffering a major cold for a few weeks and couldn't focus on anything.

I hope it's obvious the bold words show more emphasis on certain words or phrases.

And now we have half of the Mane Six offspring in the story! WOOT! :yay:

Comments ( 9 )

so it seems fireball is developing faster then normal foals I do hope that is picked up on later in the story

I think that Celestia calmed down way too fast, even that she saw Fireball as young one.

8910645
Well I didn’t see the need for tons of detail and I didn’t feel this needed to be stretched out to more than one chapter.

8910491
His species predates ponies and dragons, so there are things yet to be known about him. I’m not entirely sure how to work out his growth pattern, but I know he’s not gonna grow to the size of a building, probably slightly bigger than the average stallion.

8910864
so bigger then time turner but small then big mac for size but given that he predates everything you gould make the arguement that he is more instinct based and less likely to think things through

8910872
Maybe, but nothings set in stone, I don’t always think this out in advance, sometimes I just come up with it while I’m writing.

8910875
I think I can help with fireball at least when it comes to his growth and intelligence

Caught up with this whole verse! The descriptions and other prose can be pretty bare-bones, but honestly I just enjoy these relatively simple bits of romance and life, and seeing how this extended family will grow.:twilightsmile:

I will say that I don't see Celestia, even as understandably shocked as she was, immediately going all Royal Canterlot Voice on the gang, especially when they explicitly didn't know anything about the "danger" they had brought. Snap into serious mode like after Discord's escape, certainly, and maybe try to magically restrain Fireball while explaining what he is. But it ended well enough either way. (Funny thing is I hadn't made any connection between him and Nyx until you said there was none, but this scene reminded me of Celestia having a similar lapse in judgement in Past Sins.)

Anyway, it's a pleasant surprise to see something like this still updating after such a long time, so I look forward to more!

Hope more comes as I love this series

Login or register to comment