• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 1,393 Views, 88 Comments

MLP FiM: A New Generation & Other Stories - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Follow the adventures of the Mane Six, their offspring, and other characters.

  • ...
6
 88
 1,393

Chapter 3: A Moment With AJ & Mal

Mal had been working at Sweet Apple Acres for nearly a month, taking up residence in what used to be Big Macintosh's room. Braeburn and Pinkie Pie were already living together in her room above Sugar Cube Corner, though they'd plan on getting their own place as soon as they were able. Meanwhile, Applejack was going crazy! Her coltfriend hadn't asked her out once since he began working and living there. She finally decided to confront him.

"Think things are goin' well between you and Applejack?" asked Braeburn.

"Course they are," exclaimed Mal with a proud smile. "We're closer than we've ever been."

"HEY!" the orange mare shouted to her beau. "What the hay is wrong with ya!?"

"Um, beg pardon," the white stallion replied with what appeared to be genuine confusion. He glanced silently over at Braeburn to see if he had any idea.

"Ah should probably go work at a different section of the farm right now," said Braeburn with an embarrassed grin. "Catch ya'll later!"

The Apple cousin darted off as fast as his legs could take him, leaving Applejack and her coltfriend alone. Mal was visibly miffed by this.

"Ok then," said Mal. "What exactly did ah do this time?"

"Ya've been here on the farm a few weeks now," continued Applejack, barely noticing Braeburn had been there. "And we haven't been out on one single date. Ya bored of me that quick?"

"What!?" he exclaimed. "Course ah'm not! Ah could never get bored of you!"

"Then what's the deal?" she asked aggressively.

"Ah figured it'd be best to get plenty of work done first," he replied. "Yer all about gettin' work done on time and ah haven't been here long."

"Well...that's true," she said, hating to admit that her coltfriend had a valid point. "Aw jeez! "Ah'm sorry, Mal."

"Fer what?" he asked.

"Snappin' at ya like that of course," she replied. "Ah'm still gettin' used to even havin' a special somepony, an' my other friends are always talkin' 'bout the dates they go on with their special someponies. An' yeah gettin' the work on the farm is really important too, but ah just was startin' to feel kinda antsy about our situation."

"Ah'm glad to hear that," Mal said with a warm smile on his face.

"Why would you be glad?" Applejack asked.

"Means yer serious 'bout us," he replied.

"Well, 'course ah am!" she exclaimed. "Ah figured you'd be the one not takin' it as serious!"

"Ah wouldn't have moved all the way out here if ah wasn't serious," he retorted. "Ah ain't lookin' fer some stupid fling."

"Really?" she asked blushing a little.

"Of course!" he exclaimed. "Ah mean...after all...ah..."

"You what?" she asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Aw, come on, you know," he said.

"No, ah don't," she replied. "You what?"

"Ah," he gulped loudly. "Ah love you, Applejack."

Applejack went wide eyed and blushed all over. Neither were sure how long the silence had lasted.

"Ya don't hafta reply right away," Mal finally broke the silence.

"How can ya just say that so soon!?" Applejack exclaimed. "We haven't been datin' officially that long!"

"But we've known each other our whole lives," he retorted. "Ah mean, ah've had these kinds of feelin's for some time. Ah don't think ah have to explain why ah waited so long to say somehin' about mah feelins. Then there was waitin' for the right time to actually confess these feelins to ya. Ah hadn't planned on sayin' it like this, but ya kinda backed me into a corner."

"Guess ah did," she said with an embarrassed tone.

"But ah'm glad ah got to say it finally," he smiled big.

"Are ya ok with me not knowing yet?" she asked.

"Sure," he said matter of fact. "Like ya said, yer new to this whole thing. But, is it safe to say ya care 'bout me?"

"Absolutely!" she exclaimed, blushing again. "Yer a very important part of my life. New in terms of the whole relationship thing, but still ah want you to be part of it for as long as possible."

Mal simply smiled and gave Applejack a big hug. She seemed surprised at first, possibly expecting a kiss, but she was happy nevertheless, hugging him back.

"Ya'll can make out on yer down time!" exclaimed Granny Smith. "Till then, get back ta workin! Ya don't see Braeburn kissin' face with Pinkie Pie durin' his work hours!"

The two stood there for a moment, now both blushing brightly.

Author's Note:

Not a long chapter, but I honestly don't think it needs to be very long to get the point across. Brevity is the soul of wit as they say. Hop you all enjoy. :twilightsmile: