• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 1,393 Views, 88 Comments

MLP FiM: A New Generation & Other Stories - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Follow the adventures of the Mane Six, their offspring, and other characters.

  • ...
6
 88
 1,393

Chapter 4: A Moment with Pinkie & Braeburn

Within a week of moving to Ponyville to work at Sweet Apple Acres full time, Braeburn Apple was invited to move in with Pinkie Pie.

"Ya think we should be movin' that fast?" he asked his new marefriend. "Hasn't been that long since we started courtin."

"Why not?" Pinkie Pie asked with the usual enthusiasm. "We know pretty much everything we need to know about each other from all the letters we sent back and forth, plus all the conversations we had face to face. I'd like to be able to see you every morning I wake up!"

"Well, gee," blushed Braeburn. "That's mighty flatterin' of ya. Ah'd like that too! And yer ok with us not bein' married?"

"Married?" Pinkie Pie blushed. "I don't think I even considered that!"

"Well, ah mean, it's what most couples do before movin' in together," said Braeburn. "But, not everypony does things that way. Ah'm fine with whatever you are."

"Um...well...," fumbled Pinkie, a rare thing for her. "Do you think marriage is a possibility?"

"Of course!" Braeburn exclaimed immediately. "But we don't have to jump into anything right away."

"Yeah," chuckled Pinkie. "You're right, we just decided to move in together after all."

"Right," agreed Braeburn. "No need to rush into anything..."

"Nope," she said. "No rushing at all..."

"Good!"

"Yup!"

"Fantastic!"

"Okie dokie lokie!"

One month later...

"YOU DID WHAT!?" exclaimed all of Pinkie's friends in unison.

"We got married, duh!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, as if it were obvious. "You guys have something in your ears making it hard to hear us?"

They were all in the Golden Oaks Library when Pinkie and Braeburn dropped the big news onto their friends.

"When did this happen!?" asked Appejack, still very confused.

"Bout ten minutes ago," chimed in Braeburn, smiling big.

"Ten minutes!?" Applejack exclaimed.

"You really need to get your hearing checked AJ," began Pinkie Pie. "But anyway, we were walking around town, just enjoying the lovely day, when we started to walk past city hall. And Braeburn said..."

"Hey, why don't we get hitched!" he chimed in enthusiastically. "And Pinkie said..."

"Okie dokie lokie!" she finished the sentence.

"How romantic," Rarity said with a clear hint of sarcasm.

"I know, right!?" replied Pinkie Pie with no hint of sarcasm and not seeming to catch onto Rarity's sarcasm. "Mayor Mare is qualified to marry people, and we got Doctor Whooves to act as our witness!"

"Doctor Who?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"She means Time Turner," explained Braeburn. "That feller that runs the clock shop. He an' Pinkie are buddies."

"Why didn't you ask one of us?" asked Twilight.

"Because we wanted it to be a surprise, duh!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie. "We figured the looks on your faces would be priceless!"

"An' we were right!" exclaimed Braeburn. "Glad Pinkie had her camera at the ready!"

"So what? You got married to shock us all?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Pfft! No!" giggled Pinkie Pie. "We did it because we love each other more than anything in the whole wide world! And that includes parties! I don't see the big deal, Fluttershy and Snowflake got married in private."

"Well, yeah," said Twilight. "But that's because Fluttershy didn't want a big reception or anything like that."

"We never would've guessed you'd get married without some sort of celebration, darling," said Rarity.

"Who said we aren't having a party?" Pinkie Pie asked, clearly not expecting an answer.

"We sent the invitations out to our various kin right after we signed the marriage license," Braeburn chimed in. "We'll be havin' the party next week so everypony has the time to show up!"

One week later and sure enough Pinkie and Braeburn's family had shown up to celebrate their recent nuptials. Pinkie prepared everything of course, with it all being held (again of course) at the Golden Oaks Library.

CONGRATULATIONS
TO
PINKIE PIE (that's me) & BRAEBURN APPLE (my husband)

Despite the quickness of their courtship and marriage, everypony was very happy for them and congratulating them.

"Another impressive party, Pinkie," said Twilight.

"Wonderful indeed, darling," agreed Rarity.

"Very nice," said Fluttershy in her usually hushed tone.

"Happy for the both of ya, sugar cube," said Applejack.

"Yeah, it's totally awesome!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "Too bad I can't drink! Seven more months to go!"

"Don't worry, Dashie!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie. "We'll do plenty of drinking for you!"

"That makes me feel loads better," Rainbow Dash replied with clear sarcasm.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, rushing Braeburn over to her immediate family: parents Cloudy Quartz Pie and Igneous Rock Pie, along with her sisters Maudileena Daisy Pie aka Maude, Limestone Pie, and Marble Pie.

"Mom, dad!" she exclaimed with an excited smile. "I'd like you both to meet my husband, Braeburn Apple!"

"Pleasure to meet you both!" exclaimed Braeburn, also smiling big.

"I am called Igneous Rock Pie," began Pinkie's father in a matter of fact tone. "Son of Feldspar Granite Pie."

"Thou shalt know me as Cloudy Quartz Pie," replied her mother, also matter of fact.

"Tis a pleasure to meet the young stallion that hath wedded our daughter," continued Igneous. "May providence fare thee well, and the two of thee have a joyous union."

"Why thank ya'll kindly," replied Braeburn, seeing no issue with the way Pinkie's parents spoke.

"It's a very nice party," said Maude in her usual apathetic tone. "I'm having a wonderful time right now."

"Mm-hmm," replied Marble timidly as always.

"Just don't screw things up with Pinkie or so help me," exclaimed Limestone in her usual aggressive tone. "And this doesn't mean you get to run the farm! Or that you can touch Holder's Boulder!"

"Hope ya'll don't mind that we got hitched without any kind of warnin," said Braeburn, glancing over Limestone's aggressiveness. "Or that ah hadn't even met ya'll yet..."

"Pinkamena hath always been a mare of spontaneity," replied Igneous. "But she hath excellent judgment in the characters of others."

"Tis quite clear that thou brings joy to her," said Cloudy Quartz. "I haft not seen such strong feelings of romance since mine own union to Pinkamena's sire."

"Twas truly a day of joy and revelry," agreed Igneous.

"There's nopony I look to for romantic and marital bliss more than my own parents," Pinkie said with a proud smile. "Now let's back to the partay!"

And so they did.

Author's Note:

I hope the title was a nice misdirection to what readers were expecting. This felt like something Pinkie was very much capable of doing. It was also very fun to write dialogue for her family. Couldn't think of any other way to end the chapter then them just going back to partying. :pinkiehappy: