• Published 17th Dec 2017
  • 1,394 Views, 88 Comments

MLP FiM: A New Generation & Other Stories - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



Follow the adventures of the Mane Six, their offspring, and other characters.

  • ...
6
 88
 1,394

Chapter 7: Congratulations! It's a...WHAT!?

"I AM SO BUCKING BOARD!!!!" groaned Rainbow Dash.

The rainbow maned mare was nearing the eleventh and final month of her pregnancy, the last six of which had been spent not being able to fly at all. She was begrudgingly walking around the park with her husband, Bookworm, and eldest daughter, Scootaloo. Dr. Stable had informed her that while she wasn't able to fly at the moment it was still very important for pegasai to walk as often as possible for leg strength.

"At least it's a nice day outside," said Bookworm. "And it's better for you than just lounging about on the couch."

"The last time I used me legs this much was...never!" she complained. "How do unicorns and earth ponies deal with this!?"

"It's not as difficult as you think, Dashie," Bookworm quipped.

"Easy for you to say," she snapped back.

"Hey, I dealt with it for much of my life," Scootaloo chimed in, while also casually flying above them. Ever since she earned her cutie mark she'd been flying as often as possible, as if to make up for lost time.

"You're not that old, Scoots," retorted Rainbow Dash.

"Neither are you," Scootaloo retorted back. "Besides, you got a month to go and then you'll be back in the skies."

"Thank bucking Celestia!" she exclaimed in relief. "I'm excited and all, but this is ridiculous! Who decided that pony pregnancy had to last eleven months?"

"Biology, sweetie," said Bookworm. "And please mind your language, there are other children in the park.

"Yeah, yeah," she groaned.

"By the way, I'm not sure if I asked already," began Scootaloo. "But did you find out of the gender of the baby?"

"Aw jeez! guess not!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "You ok with having a little brother?"

"I wasn't expecting to have any siblings," replied Scootaloo. "So I'm excited either way. Do you know what type?"

"Based on all the poking, it's a unicorn," frowned Rainbow Dash.

"Why do you look sad, mom?" asked Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash and Bookworm were happy with how easily Scootaloo had gone to calling them mom and dad.

"Your mother was hoping for a pegasus," said Bookworm. "Well...another pegasus." He hoped Scootaloo hadn't picked up on his wording.

"Don't worry so much, dad," chuckled Scootaloo. "I know you're both getting used to seeing me as your kid. I'm still getting used to the whole new set of parents thing. And yeah, I would've enjoyed having a little pegasus brother too, but oh well at least it'll keep things interesting."

"Good way to look at it," said Bookworm.

"Hey, don't think I'm not still excited for this," Rainbow Dash chimed in. "I'm mainly annoyed about being grounded."

"We know you're still excited about it," said Bookworm.

Suddenly, in a pink flash, Pinkie Pie showed up in front of the the rainbow maned mare and family.

"Ok, I have had enough!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"What are you talking about, Pinkie?" asked Rainbow Dash, raising an eyebrow.

"I've been asking you time and time again when I can throw you a baby shower," began Pinkie Pie. "And you keep putting me off and putting me off! Well, enough is enough! We are having a baby shower!"

"Ok, fine," said Rainbow Dash. "When do you wanna have it?"

Pinkie gave a devilish grin and pulled out her party cannon from as usual who knows where.

"Right! Bucking! Now!" exclaimed the pink party pony.

Setting off her cannon, the particular part of the park they were in became covered in party blankets, cake, other snacks, punch, balloons and a giant banner.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BABY BOY RAINBOW DASH!

In addition to all that, all their friends and significant others seemed to emerge from the cannon, much to major confusion to everypony.

"What in tarnation!?" exclaimed Applejack.

"When did we get here?" asked Rarity.

"We were at the library," said Twilight, holding Lil Macintosh and Big Macintosh holding Shimmer.

"Oh my," squeaked Fluttershy.

"Look, mama!" exclaimed Shimmer. "Auntie Pinka is throwin a party!"

"You bet I am, Shimmy Whimmy!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, nuzzling Shimmer's nose.

"Bout time," said Applejack. "Pinkie's been gettin antsy to throw one since she found out you was pregnant."

"I know," groaned Rainbow Dash.

"Why'd you take so long to let her throw one, darling?" asked Rarity.

"I don't know," replied Rainbow Dash. "Guess I was just in a bit of a funk when I found out I couldn't fly after the five month mark. Not helping that before that I couldn't go at any high speeds."

"Have you been concerned about your figure?" asked Rarity.

"As if," exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "I've never had issues losing weight! If anything, I have trouble gaining it! High metabolism, common with most pegasai. Not at the moment, mind you, this kid wants me eating all day, every day."

"I heard you're having a unicorn," said Fluttershy.

"That's correct," said Rainbow Dash. "Guess unicorn genes are way more dominant."

"Not necessarily," Twilight chimed in. "Studies show that it is often random. After all, I had a unicorn and earth pony. Then Mr. and Mrs. Cake are both earth ponies but their twins are a pegasus and a unicorn."

"Oh right, almost forgot about them," said Rainbow Dash.

"Present time!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"You sprung this party on us, Pinkie," Rainbow Dash. "I doubt anypony besides you had the forethought to get me a gift."

"Well, actually, I did make something for your upcoming foal," said Rarity, pulling out from her satchel four pairs of blue booties with rainbow lighting bolts on the sides."

"Oh, wow!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "Those are so cute! Aw jeez, these bucking hormones! It's got me excited over booties!"

"I didn't make mine," began Twilight. "But I think you'll still enjoy them."

The purple unicorn pulled out of her satchel what appeared to be Daring Do books.

"Daring Do?" questioned Rainbow Dash. "I already have these."

"These are picture book versions," said Twilight. "I thought you could read them to your foal. Shimmer and Lil Macintosh love them."

"Dawing Do!" shouted Lil Macintosh.

"I can't believe this!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "A whole new way to enjoy Daring Do!"

"They're for yer foal, sugar cube," quipped Applejack.

"Doesn't mean I can't enjoy them too, AJ!" Rainbow Dash retorted.

"Despite that little outburst, ah'll still give ya a gift," chuckled Applejack, pulling out a cask of Sweet Apple Acres Cider. Rainbow Dashes eyes went very wide."

"No way!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "I didn't think it was that time of year already!"

"This ain't no ordinary cider," Applejack said proudly. "This here's the really special stuff! Fermented over the course of a couple years. It's got whatcha would call an extra kick to it."

"Super sweet!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

"Meanin ya can't drink it till after ya have the foal," said Applejack.

"Aw what!?" Rainbow Dash disappointingly exclaimed.

"It's pretty common knowledge that you can't drink hard stuff while pregnant, Dash," chimed in Twilight.

"Yeah, yeah," Rainbow Dash groaned.

"My turn!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"This party wasn't it?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Of course not silly!" chuckled Pinkie Pie. "Everypony knows that parties and presents are different things!"

The puffy maned mare pulled out (seemingly of course out of nowhere), a coffee table sized book titled BABY FIRSTS.

"In here you can document all the first stuff the little colt will do," said Pinkie Pie. "First steps, which are typically the first thing since baby ponies walk within hours of being born, first word, and all that good stuff. Oh and I got you a new camera!"

"Wow, thanks, Pinkie!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy then timidly walked up to her oldest friend, with a gift bag in her mouth.

"Um...I have something for you too," she said through her teeth while still holding onto the bag.

Rainbow Dash opened the bag to find a tiny pair of aviator goggles.

"Those are actually mine," said Fluttershy. "From back when we were in flight school. I hope you like them..."

The cerulean mare surprised her butter colored friend with a big hug, tearing up in the process.

"Of course I like them!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "I love them! You're the best!"

She then noticed her other friends giving her looks.

"Your gifts are great too!" she exclaimed. "And yes, you can join in!"

The rest joined in on a group hug. The moment was then disrupted by something unexpected.

"Hey, Twilight?" Rainbow Dash began, with everypony still in embrace.

"Yeah?" she asked, eyes closed in the warm embrace.

"Did you spill some warm punch on us?"

Twilight went wide eyed.

"Nooooo!"

"BOOKIE! HOSPITAL!"

Pinkie Pie got everypony to the hospital as fast and safely as possible.

"Oh, Mrs. Scholar," exclaimed Dr. Stable. "What brings you and your friends here?"

"What do you think!?" exclaimed Rainbow Dash, followed by a loud groan.

"Oh, I see," said Dr. Stable. "We weren't expecting you for a few more weeks."

"Yeah, that obviously didn't pan out, Doc!"

Rainbow Dash's friends all stayed out in the waiting area while Bookworm followed her into the delivery room. Her parents, Bifröst and Windy Whistle stormed into the waiting area. They'd been informed by Pinkie Pie not long after Rainbow Dash was rolled back to the delivery room.

"Where's...my...little...Dashie?" her father exclaimed while panting heavily.

"Been takin to the delivery room," replied Applejack.

"And...she's...ok?" Windy Whistle asked, also panting heavily.

"Nothing seemed out of the ordinary," replied Twilight.

Rainbow's parents sighed a heavy relief and took a seat with everypony else. A couple hours passed, each friend taking turns pacing around the waiting area; things were quiet. Then, they heard a scream.

"HOLY BUCK!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed from the delivery room. Those in the waiting area rushed to see her, when Dr. Stable came out to block their path.

"Don't worry!" the doctor exclaimed. "Mrs. Scholar is fine! No need to panic!"

"B-b-b-b-but! We just heard her scream!" exclaimed Bifröst.

"We just got...a little bit of a surprise..." Dr. Stable trailed off.

"Twins!?" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"No, no, nothing like that," said Dr. Stable. "You're just going to have to wait a moment till the father comes out."

They all went back to sitting, all tense now. After what felt like forever, Bookworm came out to the waiting area, with a very stunned look on his face.

"What's the matter, Bookworm?" asked Twilight. "Is Rainbow Dash ok?"

"The baby?" asked Rarity.

"Both?" asked Applejack.

"Yeah...yeah..." Bookworm said, albeit slowly. "Everypony is...fine...do you all want to see the baby?"

"YES!" they all exclaimed.

Bookworm took them to the viewing area, the nurse was almost done swaddling the baby.

"Everypony," begane Bookworm. "I would like you all to meet our son...Rainbow Sprinter."

Once the nurse was out of the way, everypony could see the adorable little newborn uniorn colt. He had grey fur like his father and a rainbow mane like his mother, so no surprise why he was given the name. His mane was so long it covered his eyes. Atop his head were the goggles Fluttershy had given Rainbow Dash at the baby shower.

"He's so cute!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"Adorable!" exclaimed Fluttershy.

"An absolute doll!" exclaimed Rarity.

"Cute little feller!" exclaimed Applejack.

"And a unicorn like we predicted!" exclaimed Twilight. "But, why the scream from Rainbow?"

"And your befuddled look?" asked Rarity.

"NO WAY!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie. "LOOK!"

Pinkie Pie pointed with her jaw dropped to the floor. Nopony could see it at first, till they made a little twitch. The rest of them went wide eyed and gasped. Their eyes did not deceive them, Rainbow Sprinter didn't just have a horn...he had wings!

"W-W-W-W-WHAT!?" exclaimed Twilight. "This can't be possible! He's an alicorn!"

"Does he have any extra magical properties?" asked Rarity.

"According to the doctors, no," said Bookworm, still dumbfounded. "Other than apparently being an alicorn, he's perfectly normal and healthy."

"My baby brother is an alicorn," said a stunned Scootaloo. "This is the coolest thing ever!"

The nurse then took Rainbow Sprinter to his mother to hold, and everypony was finally allowed to join her. Rainbow Dash looked down at her newborn colt in awe.

"So, Rainbow Dash," began Applejack. "How ya takin this news?"

The cerulean mare took her eyes off her baby for the moment and slowly turned her heads towards her friends and family.

"This is the most amazing thing ever," she said, but not in a tone they expected. Not Fluttershy quiet, but definitely not as loud and bombastic as they had expected. She then began to tear up. "He's so beautiful."

Bookworm wrapped his front legs around his wife and new child, Scootaloo soon followed, making sure not to squish the baby. Her parents then followed, and the rest.

Author's Note:

So now we finally get to the alicorn in the room! Rainbow Sprinter! Son of Rainbow Dash and Bookworm. Yes, you have been seeing my image of him correctly and this chapter doesn't deceive you, I have made Rainbow Sprinter an alicorn. Why you may ask? Well, it's very simple actually. His mother is a pegasus and his father is a unicorn. That's it. Really. That was my only thought process when I came up with the character years ago, and I mean YEARS! Before Flurry Heart was ever a blip on the merchandise radar. Don't get me wrong, she's cute (though her having normal pony eyes when every other newborn foal has the dot eyes and the enlarged wings is odd. Yes I know she's an alicorn, but baby's have smaller parts, that's just a fact) but we all know she was made for toys, not a natural story progressing character.

Back when I was finishing up the second TwiMacVerse story, I was coming up with children for the Mane Six and what they would look like. I thought it would be fun for one of the Mane Six to have an alicorn child, and I figured go with Rainbow Dash because it could lead to the most shenanigans (and I like how he looked with a rainbow mane and tail). Sure, the show has stated a naturally born alicorn isn't something that occurs, but I came up with this before all that, and I'm in my own continuity at this point. I think we can have some wiggle room when it comes to a story involving magical talking multi colored ponies.

And no, Flurry Heart will probably not be integrated into this continuity. With the Birth of Rainbow Sprinter I don't see her logically fitting. If I do it won't be within the same context as on the show, meaning her appearance won't be a shock (though her eyes should still give some kind of shock, seriously, it looks wrong especially after you've firmly established every other baby pony having the dot eyes).

I named Rainbow Dash's father Bifröst long before he was officially named in the show. For a time fans were calling him that, so I stuck with it. I don't wanna go back to his previous appearances and change his name, so I'm not lol. As for her mother, I hadn't introduced her yet or said her name so I went with her official MLP name. I was also unaware that the rainbow maned stallion (named Rainbow Blaze) we saw filly Dash on top of in Games Ponies Play wasn't her dad. I really need to catch up on the show lol.