• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 3,140 Views, 34 Comments

Equinox Kingdom: The Corruption spreads - The Psychopath



An alternate universe where everything is a twisted, dark version of the originals in Equestria.

  • ...
4
 34
 3,140

Zalgy Pie

Author's Note:

Sorry for this one being so short and not too fleshed out. Unlike the others that had a semblance of backstory, Zalgy had none, and considering Riygan said she wasn't cruel, I couldn't manage anything without warping the idea, and I wanted this to be faithful to the source material. Also, do be aware this was made before the season where Maud was introduced, so there isn't Lime, Marble, and Maud Pie; Only Pinkie, Inkie, and Blinkie.

Three years this has been gnawing at my brain. I can't make a painting out of random splotches, a single color, or none at all. There needs to be coherence.

Ah, Pinkie Pie. An innocent mare with her equally innocent family. he pink pony always found amusement in baking, parties, and pulling off harmless pranks, then came the black miasma. Sickening, gooey thing it was, washing over the lands like a wave of death and disease. Pinkie had visited her family's rock farm for the week and was helping her sisters out while the parents were out, purchasing supplies. Inkie, a wee gray pony, stopped tending to the stones and looked up towards the sky, curious.

"Hey, what's that coming towards us?" she asked.

Pinkie and Blinkie both stopped tending to their stones and looked upwards to see a veil of black mist rushing towards them.

"Looks like clouds," Pinkie squinted from atop Blinkie's shoulders.

"Hmmmm," Blinkie hummed. "First, get off my shoulders. Second, Maybe it's a sign of rain? I've never seen a phenomenon like that before."

"Maybe we should get inside before--"

Inkie was cut short by the miasma engulfing the farm and blasting the ponies across its lands like they were hit by a massively powerful hurricane. The three ponies took some time to recover from the blast and checked the farm and its lands for any damages. Pinkie wiped her forehead in relief and slumped against a rock.

"I don't know what that was, but it surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre was fun," she said.

Inkie looked back at where she first viewed the miasma and frowned. "I still think it's weird that it only blew us away."

"I guess you could say that it...blows," Pinkie snickered.

Blinkie resisted the urge to strangle her sister.

"Well, if that's all there is," Inkie started. "then we should get back to work."

"Can't we have a wind party, just because we weren't blown away?" Pinkie hopped in place. "I've never done a wind party. I just want to do one here!"

The other two ponies looked at each other bemusingly and rolled their eyes in unison. "Yes. Fine. Okay," they both said.

"Yay!"

Not all ponies are immediately affected by the miasma, and some aren't affected at all, but in the case of the former, the afflicted ponies never pay attention and start viewing 'normal' ponies as disgusting monsters. Pinkie's pranks to the ponies in the towns around her home farm became more and more extreme in execution, with some being absolutely terrified and some outright hurting a pony, but not killing them of course. She wouldn't think of doing that...at least, not to 'fellow' ponies. Just as the three sisters' continued their daily lives through the week and the absence of their parents became a distant memory until they were the only ones remaining, so too die the changes to their forms and names continue. Pinkie's coat went from hot pink, to pale red, and then a dark red. Her mouth lost consistency and became a morphing addle of black holes while her eyes turned into ever-leaking orbs of a black substance and her pupils became little gleams of red lights. Her name was now 'Zalgy Pie', and she had a passion for extreme parties.

Inkie's body became a sheen of gray while her hair puffed up like her energetic sister's, and changed to a glowing white. Her teeth broken and reshaped themselves into a solid row of sharp clamps that glowed in the dark, much like her mane and pupils, pupils which had adopted the form of an angular spiral in seas of dark. Her body now secreted oils whose properties she could manipulate at will. Now long was Inkie Pie so adamant about helping at the farm and growing the best rocks. Oily Pie was more concerned with creating the best rocks from any source of minerals.

Blinkie's entire body warped into the same shade of deep cerulean blue while her eyes, still black like her sisters, had their pupils turn into four-point stars of a bright cerulean, staring at you from across the cosmos. Her teeth receded and her lips morphed into jagged edges more than capable of serving their purposes, and the ends of her mouth were twirled, making her smile for all eternity. Now called Dready Cake, she was the calmest of the three and always had a smile on her face no matter what task she performed. How exhilarating.

"Hey, let's take a picture together," Zalgy suggested. "It's been a while since we did one."

Oily patted her face, making oil splatter everywhere including Dready's smiling face. "Sure. What do you think, Dread?"

The blue pony lifted her forehooves up in semblance of giving a thumbs up. "I'm all for it."

"Then get ready for the picture!" Zalgy cheered.

She gathered with her sisters and smiled. The camera went off, but Zalgy wasn't happy with it when she picked it up from the floor.

"Ah, some jam fell onto it. Let me fix the hold for the camera."

A muffled scream was left ignored by the two waiting ponies while Zalgy adjusted the camera.

"Pranking sure does have its advantages," Zalgy commented. "Alrighty then. It's fully functional now, hopefully. I don't like readjusting the camera holder." She wrapped her forelegs around her sisters and smiled. "Say 'party'!"

Comments ( 2 )

I did NOT expect that, the update I mean

7747829 NOBODY expects the Illogic Inquisition!

Login or register to comment