• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 3,140 Views, 34 Comments

Equinox Kingdom: The Corruption spreads - The Psychopath



An alternate universe where everything is a twisted, dark version of the originals in Equestria.

  • ...
4
 34
 3,140

Still wings

(Disregard the constabulary)

"Get the harnesses secure!"

"I can't! The wind is too strong!"

In the floating city of Stormsdale, a storm of beastly proportions had suddenly erupted. This all happened when that black smog came out of nowhere and literally exploded through the sky. Everything was changing, yet there were still many pegasi who were working hard to stabilize the buildings in clouds. Surprisingly, the clouds had suddenly become dark and sturdy like bricks, and they seemed to be taking the shape of brick buildings as well. The pegasi were ill-equipped for such dangers, yet they persisted.

"Quickly! You two, grab strings of mane-rope and throw it around that collapsing building, then pulllllll!"

Two pegasi saluted the overseer and rushed out to perform their tasks. Thunder erupted everywhere and the sky seemed to even protest the existence of these ponies in its sky with the powerful winds blowing in random directions. The leader was a gruff stallion with a strangely torn right wing which seemed to allow him to fly despite its injuries. His coat was of a tannish hue while his mane and tail were a dark black. They weren't very well groomed and "bloomed" around everywhere. As for his eyes, they somehow blended with the usual blue sky, making it seem as if he had no pupils. All of these features were being torn away by the wind and the black smog flowing through the sky like a rabid animal frothing at the mouth.

"No! You idiots!" he shouted to a few pegasi panicking on the 'ground'.

They were starting to panic because of what was happening to their bodies and the ground around them suddenly turning into the starts of a brick pathway with stones of several different shapes and sizes. The overseer tried to rush and scoop them out of their predicament, but a yellow flash swooped in and tossed them all high into the sky. They went high enough to regain themselves and start to flap their own wings. The yellow bolt had flown far off but suddenly curved back around after a short distance and avoided another strike of lighting by a hair. The yellow streak then stopped in front of the overseer and flaunted her wings.

Her whole body was of a yellow hue mixed with a fainter orange, and her mane and tail both had darker variants of that color on their sides as a huge streak of brown flew through the middle of both. As she flaunted her large wings, the stallion sighed.

"Dull Sloth. What are you doing here? You usually just sleep."

"Hey. I can't just sit around while everypony around gets hurt; I may be lazy but I have a reputation to uphold!" the mare hit her chest.

The bemused stallion simply answered in a dull tone:

"You have no reputation."

Sloth turned and glared at him.

"That's harsh, stallion."

"Too bad. While you're here, try and save as many ponies as you can. This black smog worries me."

Dull chuckled and blasted off using her unusual speed. The overseer sighed in irritation. She was annoying and full of herself, but she was fast enough to save more than the others. Even the Umbrasparks, despite them being some of the best fliers in Equinox, couldn't seem to turn corners like Dull, although that was pushing it quite a lot. Even with the extra hooves, things seemed to getting out of control. More and more ponies began to collapse to the smog, and the clouds continued to morph and twist, and all this at an increasing rate.

Unfortunately for both the overseer and Sloth, they both began to feel the effects of the smog, and even the Umbrasparks were reported to have succumbed to its mutating effects. As Sloth's speed began to wane, she had just saved and a newly transformed foal from crumbling debris, but the view Sloth got as she saw that...deliciously scrumptious being in her hooves would affect her forever. Especially as, through the chaos and horror, the mare spotted, from afar, that one of the buildings was falling over a few pegasi that had lost consciousness prior to the incident.

The mare used all the strength left in her body and charged downwards like a lightning bolt, leaving a yellow streak behind her. It was at a hair's length, but she managed to push the unconscious pegasi out of the way. This didn't save her wings when one feather managed to snag itself onto a solidifying piece of cloud the building had jutting out of its wall. The mare suddenly found herself under the consequences of physics and found her body thrust forward while her wings remained behind her, and were ultimately crushed by the buildings.


Dimmed Star smiled evily as she sharpened some of her medical utensils in her lab. Spear licked bones from his previous meal. He seemed on the verge of collapsing into a deep sleep.

"Grrrr. It won't disinfect!" Star roared as she threw the utensils against the wall, nearly impaling a few birds taped to it.

The mare pouted and put her foreleg on the table to let her head rest on it, until a few pegasi entered the room. Their skin was fused to what used to be purple suits. These suits had decorative shapes along the stomach and chest which spiked violently but rarely as it reached their heads. All three no longer had mouths. Instead, they had three exhaust hatches in place of their mouths which constantly spewed smoke, supposedly from burning coal. The first, Number 20, possessed bat wings and fins along the back of his legs. His eyes were permanently covered with yellow scissors, and his black mane and tail was now made from somewhat solid soot. His cutie mark had seeped through the uniform and showed a flaming skull.

He had led the way for his partners, Number 21 and 22. All three had similar circumstances with their outfits, but with minor differences. 21's mane was green and rested along its owners neck. 21 also wore yellow pilot goggles which covered his black eyes. His pupils were a light sky-blue with very thin, vertical black slits serving as pupils. His dragonfly cutie mark matched his new dragonfly wings that batted several times as he carried Dull Sloth in his foreleg. Number 22 did the same, but she seemed to be spewing more smoke from her "mouth". Unlike the other two, her mane and tail looked like white fire with very light blue flames surrounding it, and, unlike the other two, the skin surrounding her eyes stretched into thin points from the top and the bottom of said areas, but only towards the back. One cold also see the threads of the uniform's tissue dug into the delicate skin around the eyes of this mare, eyes who only had what one could consider three-fourths of a blue circle as a pupil.

"Here." 20 said as the other stallion and mare tossed the yellow pegasi onto the surgery table.

The yellow mare only had stubs at what was once proud wings. She didn't seem like living anymore despite the new urges she was getting. If she could no longer fly, she had no purpose to live. No more of that cold air sliding off her body like ice. No more up and downdrafts for fun little acrobatics. None of that was left.

"And what do you want me to do?" Dimmed Star asked as she lifted the mare's head up.

"Return her ability of flight." 20 answered calmly.

The Umbrasparks "mouths", when they spoke, lit up like an engine and glowed a bright orange, letting out even more smoke with each word. Their voices even sounded like somepony who had smoked a bit too much in their lives.

"OOO! I have the perfect method! I've been wanting to experiment with integrating technology into flesh." the unicorn was all giddy.

"GRAAAAAAAAAH!"

Spear lashed out at 22 when she tried to poke and prod his face. The mare retracted her foreleg, blinked a few times in disbelief, then roared back, the sound being like that of a motorcycle in full throttle. She even managed to spit out a few pieces of burnt rock. The two just stared at each other aggressively.

"When will this be ready?"

"In a few hours if I can do this right with my new tools."

"Okay. We prefer to keep the 'hero' of Stormsdale alive for recognition by our queen. We might get preferential attention. Let us go, and stop hissing at that thing, twenty-two."

The mare snapped her head sideways and left, following the leader as she did so. Dimmed Star glared at Spear who slid back slightly. The unicorn followed up with her procedures by grabbing several pieces of synthetic flesh and bone, as well as anti-bodies, disinfectants, and what looked like two rockets. She cut out the stubs to place the synthetic bones on the previous ones' place and glued them there using a special, sticky compound. The synthetic tissue was then wrapped around the bones and a thin film was used to make the wings look like they were skin, muscle, and bones.

"Now for the fun part." Dimmed Star rubbed her forehooves eagerly.

"First, I'll carve out her back tissue...Toss this to Spear."

The draconic creature jumped out and grabbed the hunks of meat tossed towards him. The mare then took her mechanical monstrosities and dug underneath all the bleeding tissue and linked wire with nerve cluster, ensuring that the signals would pass without much trouble. The skin was then wrapped back over the rockets and sewn shut. Everything was ready.


"Ow. My head. Huh? Why am I still alive?! I jumped off of Stormsdale!" the yellow mare roared.

"Shaddap! You can fly now." Dimmed Star answered as she cleaned her medical tools.

"Huh?"

The pegasi looked around and noticed she was in the messiest room she had ever seen...and she was sitting on a metal table.

"What do you mean I can fly now?!" the mare suddenly smiled and looked at her back.

There sat two wings...that were opened and strangely static. After a few efforts of trying to get them to move, Dull Sloth's rage came out in full swing.

"What is this?! You think this is a game?! I should...eat...you...I'm so hungry..."

Dull Sloth turned around with a smile and a black goop dripping from her mane which slithered across her face like water.

"That's because of the rockets I attached to your back. Since you can't use any combustibles, it uses your internal energies."

"And..." She gasped. "...What does that mean? I need to eat more vegetables?"

"Well, while you were out, I checked your body. You're a carnivore now."

Carnivore. That word pleased Dull greatly for some reason. It was like she had a new, better calling in her life. Was she blessed?

"So I eat meat?"

Dimmed look at her with a "serious?" face.

"And how do these...rockets work? Do I...Do I just think about them?"

"I dunno. Let's go outside and find out."

Star tossed her medical equipment back in the sink full of disinfectant near a pile of books and accompanied her new patient upstairs and outside, using arms created by her black goop to the keep the pegasi steady. Dull put a hoof to her and moaned in pain.

"Don't worry. It's the neural pathways I created for your new extensions. It should wear off in a few weeks."

"A FEW WEEKS?!"

"Hey, before complaining, think about soaring. Imagine the rockets being your new wings, and you need to take off as fast as possible."

"Okay..."

The pegasus closed her eyes tightly and thought long and hard. Dimmed Star just stood to the side and tilted her head from time to time, analyzing the situation. Finally, after several minutes, the rockets began to glow inside and sputter, before belching fire and taking Dull Sloth with them. The mare burst off in a random way, preventing her from being in total control. Dimmed Star gasped in surprise and chased after her new patient.

"Ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap!" Dull shouted as she dodged in coming trees and other ponies.

The speed she was going at was unbelievable. Her heart was beating a-mile-a-minute, but she didn't want it to stop, so she used her prosthetic wings to control her trajectory, which worked great, although she was still wobbly. She didn't notice, however, that he was becoming thinner and thinner with each passing moment.


Two ponies, one mare and one colt, were fleeing Duskville. Unlike the other ponies, they didn't seem to have "mutated" properly. They weren't favored by the queen. They had gotten pretty far from the town.

"Come on, Nutberry." the mother told her son.

"But what about dad?"

"He's gone! He's lost! It's too late!"

"But--"

"NO BUTS! Come on. We've got to find a better place to live, where nopony will find us."

"But I'm tired."

The mother cursed silently as worry and panic filled her mouth. The mare forced her child to keep going despite his protests. Unfortunately for them, they were spotted by Dull Sloth.

"They look...tasty. Unlike those at Duskville. Mmmm. The little one looks dead tired. Well...that unicorn didn't say anything about what kinds of meat..."Dull licked her drooling muzzle and curved downwards.

The rockets in her back were roaring with vigor as the mare swooped down at a steep angle then went straight for the colt.

"What the...NO! NUTBERRY! QUICK! COME OVER HERE!"

The child was too tired to gallop out of the way, even when he saw his mother start galloping towards the left of the path into the trees lining the road. He began to stress and cry as he saw the incoming hawk.

"Mom!"

The colt began to grunt and struggle as he tried to get to his mom. His mother got out of the bushes to grab her son, but it was too late. A last 'mom' was shouted before all the air in the colt's body was forcefully exhaled after he was impacted by the strong kinetic force that hit him. He was killed the second Dull touched him, and the two slid to a halt farther away. The mother saw the ravenous yellow pegasi lift her head, lick her lips, then start chomping into the poor colt. The sounds of flesh tearing, a mouth voraciously opening and closing as it flavored the meat and skin inside filled the air and frightened the slowly approaching mother. She could tell that the mare was growing bulkier with each gulp. The mother simply stayed in place and collapsed to the ground as the pegasus turned around and showed the remains of her victim's child; Blood covering her muzzle and putting emphasis on her carnivorous, fanged teeth.

"Maybe if I eat you, I'll get more energy?"

The mother shook her head and began to cry as she got up and ran away from the rocket-pegasus. Dull went after her, but this one was too agile. She kept turning and twisting, and with her new engines, Sloth could no longer cut corners as easily. Frowning and getting angrier was all she could do as she landed back next to the child's corpse and began to dig away at the remaining flesh and bone.

"Hmmm. I should only go after the non-agile ones then. I guess I have to go after the foals and the elderly. Mmm! This foreleg is delicious!"

Author's Note:

Spiderlock is next!