• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 2,375 Views, 31 Comments

Love Is A Lot Of Work - PinkLemonLimeSprinkles



Flash Sentry feels some kind of attraction to the princess. But what about Human Flash?

  • ...
42
 31
 2,375

Chapter 8: Cadence?!

Flash squeezed out of the large crowd. He smashed into a locker, hitting his head. He opened his eyes to see a hand in front of him. He took the hand, and got on his feet. It was a girl! She had very light green skin, long and wavy mint green and white hair, and amber eyes.

"I'm Lyra Heartstrings. A local eco-kid here! I vote for natural things!" Flash was confused. "Hi?"

Lyra gasped. "You're Flash Sentry! Twilight's boyfriend!"

Flash was now happy and confused. "Ok, well, I better get going."

Lyra waved as he walked down the hall. Flash walked into a large, glass building. He saw hundreds of books stacked on a shelf. There were also black boxes on desks. Also, in the corner, was a large, white machine with a screen. He was looking around when a pink woman with green eyes in a green sunflower dress came up to him. "Flash! Do you have a pass to be here?" Flash shook his head and ran off.

Twilight sat down in her seat, waiting for Mrs. Cadence to arrive. She was looking forward to meeting the Human Cadence.

She didn't have to wait long. A tall light pink woman with magenta eyes, yellow, purple, and pink hair that was thrown up in a long puffy ponytail walked in. She was holding a clipboard. "Good morning students, I will be telling you your partner for the big project for the end of the year."

Mrs. Cadence read the partners, and Twilight was paired with Sunset Shimmer.

Sunset walked to her desk. "Okay, so I would LOVE to work on this project, but we have to get you home!"

Twilight drooped her head down. "I know, I just don't want to leave Flash."

Sunset smiled. "That's easy. You have a Pony Flash! He's the same thing, you just have to bond with him!"

Comments ( 13 )

:pinkiesmile: you're better than the other author by some degree but you still need alot of work. it lacks many detials. a real starting point, and some of it is easy to get lost and confusing. i'd say go over it abit and add more details. while the idea is great, i like the direction it's going in too but it's WAY too fast paced and lacks the kind of fillers and details a multiple chapter story , like this and of this magnitude, needs.

really it's a great idea. after seeing EG before, it's promising and interesting but it needs to be rewritten

*reads over comments* wow. deleting comments? it's just gonna get you more hate.

2815753 I know. I made this before I started my real skills. If you want a good story, read my Secret Core story. I worked hard on that one. DON'T READ CHAPTER 3! It is not finished yet.

It's an interesting idea, but bear in mind that not many people will give it much thought without proper fleshing-out. The minimum chapter length for many people is around 1,200 words.

Great chapter please update soon.:twilightsmile:

Love the story so far. Just one thing I feel that the chapters could be a little longer but the length is up to you :twilightsmile:

I like it nice job :twilightsmile:

I like it! :twilightsmile: But maybe you should start working on the other stories first so you don't end up like me :twilightsheepish:

You need to have correct tags. This obviously has flash, thus why I had filtered him out, yet this still showed up because he wasn't tagged. Not going to downvote just because I dislike him, but also not going to read.

This has been an interesting story. I hope if gets updated soon.

Okay, so, let's start with what I liked about it so far...
It's a Flashlight ship with a moderate amount of potential.

Uhm... yeah...

Onwards, I must admit that this story, so far, couldn't carry weight. Even if it was given a bucket to do so. The character development is sorely lacking. Leaving much of what any of the characters do seem spontaneous and random. All of the moments which are suppose to hold emotional impact are being severely hindered by this rushed writing style. All of the scenes I wished for there to be descriptive writing saw little more than negligence, and every scene I didn't need extra information in seemed to have the most effort in detail overall. Lastly, the basis of the story, or "plot" if you will, holds about as much presence as a lit candle exposed to a strong wind. It feels terribly under-developed. And, from what I can tell, is little different than the plot of the EQG movie itself. Which was, "Bring back the element of magic, because it's important."

Despite all that, the story holds a moderate amount of potential. It desperately needs some deeper thought, and a lot of fleshing out, but still has potential. However, as the story stands right now, I wouldn't recommend this to my five-year-old cousin. Not to be offensive, I just can't find it in myself to promote such a low level of literature.

good chapter so far, can't wait to see where this gos:pinkiehappy:

Will there be more? Please say yes please say yes...:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment