• Published 5th Jul 2013
  • 1,596 Views, 8 Comments

Breaker - Serina



Everypony knows that broken bones grow back stronger. Break a wing, grow a better wing. Break a body, grow a better body.

  • ...
1
 8
 1,596

White Room

“Come on, Rainbow Dash! Let’s go through the clouds this time!” Scootaloo chimed as I held her steady as we flew high in the cloudy sky.

“Whatever you say, kid. Just hold on tight!” I pushed myself higher into the blue sky straight towards a giant fluffy cloud. The filly in my arms had her wings buzzing, like always. With a ‘poof’ the cloud disappeared as we flew through it.

The tiny filly whooped and hollered in my arms. “That was awesome! Let’s do it again!”

I rolled my eyes and laughed as we twirled into another cloud. “Having fun?” I looked down at my now empty hooves. My eyes grew wide and I looked around wildly. “Scoots?!”

“Rainbow Dash!”

I looked down, and to my horror, saw a tiny orange filly falling out of the sky. I drew my wings into my sides and dropped out of the sky towards Scootaloo. “I’m coming!”

The air stung at my eyes, but I didn’t care, I had to catch Scoots.

Beep.

I have to save her.

Beep.

She’s falling.

Beep.

I’m not gonna make it.

Beep.

I wake with a start, jolting upwards. Terrible mistake. Pain shoots up my body as I throw myself back into my pillow. I look around and try to register where I am. White curtains, white sheets, and beeping machines meet my eyes. I groan at the pain at my side but decide to stretch away the tiredness anyway. Again, bad idea to be moving. Pain ripples up my side, making me cringe and press my body back further into the white bedding.

“You’re up.”

I turn to see a familiar white coat with a soft pink mane. She’s sitting there with her clipboard like always. “Hey, Ms. Redheart.”

She chews on the tip of her pen. “Have a bad dream again?”

I shrug at her only to receive a sigh in return.

She shakes her head at me before tapping her pen on her clipboard. “What in Equestria happened this time, Rainbow Dash?”

I try to preoccupy myself by straightening the thin sheets that cover my chest. “The ground hit me.”

She frowns. “You ready to give me an actual answer?”

I sigh and look up at the ceiling, all too familiar with the funny shapes the random holes made. “I was trying to do a new trick and I couldn’t pull up in time.”

I hear a bunch of scribbling before the tapping of the pen continues. “Well, you managed to break two ribs and and fractured your humerus.” She stood up and clicks her pen for the last time. She turns towards me and sighs. “You really should be more careful, Rainbow Dash. I love having company but not under these circumstances.”

I smile. “But I just love seeing you.”

Nurse Redheart rolls her eyes as she opens curtains, exposing the rest of the white room. “Oh, Celestia, what am I going to do with you—”

There was a soft tapping on the door. A small voice could barely be heard from outside. “Um, may I see her now?”

It is so good to hear the sound of her voice.

The nurse finishes latching the curtains in place and nods to herself. “Just a minute.” She looks me dead in the eye. “Now, Rainbow, I don’t care what kind of shenanigans you are trying to pull but you know she has better things to do then come visit you in the hospital.”

My heart sank as I look down at the tiles which made up the floor. “I understand.”

“Good.” Nurse Redheart trots over to the door and opens it. She steps outside and says something to the mare who was waiting. I hear hooves trotting down the hall as I see a familiar pony close the door behind her.

“Hey, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy trots over beside the bed and sits down.

I see the look in her eyes. Oh shi—

An audible ‘smack’ rings out across the room. The first feeling I am able to register is shock, which doesn’t make any sense because I should have seen this coming. I lift a hoof up to my cheek. The second feeling is pain. A creeping pain that seems to slowly spread over half my face.

I smile faintly. “You didn’t have to hit me that hard this time.”

Fluttershy narrows her eyes and blows part of her black and pink mane out of her face. “I know this was no accident.”

It’s been seven months, two weeks, and three days since Fluttershy became my marefriend. She’s been able to really express herself around me and be herself. Which is why she’s only ever this open with me. I think she’d go into solitary just out of being embarrassed if anyone saw her actually speaking like this in public. The other ponies still keep teasing her about her dark lights in her mane, that is, until I get a hold of them. Besides, I think they’re cool.

The stinging starts to subside. I lay my hoof on top of Fluttershy’s. She’s giving me a this look that’s mixed with wonder, pain, and love. I know I need to stop doing this, for her at least, but I can’t, not yet.

I squeeze her hoof gently. “I’ll be okay, alright?”

Fluttershy lets her mane fall back in front of her face. “That’s not the point.”

I sigh and lay my head back. “You can’t keep me from doing this.”

The mare huffs. “You don’t need to do this.”

I look at my marefriend. Her big cyan eyes are glaring at me. It almost makes me feel fully guilty, almost. I shake my head. “I’ll wrap this up soon, okay? I promise.”

She throws her hooves up in the air. “When you're dead! Is that when, Rainbow?” Her eyes look to the floor. Her voice lowers. “I miss you when you’re in here.”

Ouch. That one stings. I nod slowly, my head starts to feel light. “I miss you too. Make sure you stay around Pinkie in public, okay?” I smirk. “She’ll tell me who I need to drop from a cloud.”

Fluttershy giggled. At least she’s smiling now. “Oh, Rainbow, you’re always so protective.” She laid her head gently down on my chest. “It’s so cute.”

I brush Fluttershy’s mane with my good foreleg. I feel her warmth on my sore chest and sigh inwardly. I can’t keep this up, not when it hurts her like this. I feel my heavy eyelids closing themselves. I see a familiar fillies face looking up at me. She’s falling. I have to catch her. My head feels so foggy. That’s the reason, right? It has to be. That’s right… That’s why.

Author's Note:

Hey, everypony! This story is finally off hiatus! Hope you enjoyed chapter 2!

By the way, this is kind of an alternate universe so if you're wondering what the 3 of the main 6 look like so far, here are some pictures that (in my mind) look the most accurate:

Rainbow Dash: Looks like herself except usually has bruises or bandages somewhere on her body.

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy: http://unnop64.deviantart.com/art/Party-invite-for-tonight-369837764

Comments ( 1 )

I just understood how much deeper the story is than I thought on the first chapter... Wow. Keep up the great work!

Login or register to comment