• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 1,659 Views, 65 Comments

Colt Cuddler: Friends To Lovers - Starweardo



The tale of a love that faces many ups and downs. This story only contains OCs.

  • ...
16
 65
 1,659

Scars

Author's Note:

Sorry, I'm not posting much more. Life's got to me. I hope you can forgive me.
I'm currently writing from a different PC because I can't afford to buy a new PC and reformatting didn't help my broken computer, so... I do hope this means I can start posting more.
I truly am sorry.
I do love you guys.

Monday came way too quickly for Shiny's comfort.

He walked to school, wearing a fake smile, trying to look like nothing's ever happened. The truth could not have been any farther off.

I lost Nighty... I lost my beloved coltfriend.
I was an idiot. I was a monster.
He saw the jocks standing by the lockers sharing a few laughs.
How I hate them. They can all go to hell and smolder for all I care.
One of them gestures to him.

"Hey Shiny!", the broad-shouldered stallion called, "Nice kick!"

Shiny simply pulled a grin, accompanied by an awkward chuckle, which made his demeanour seem sarcastic at best.
Somehow though, the hayheads didn't seem to notice.

Good.

Slowing his pace, he found Night Light entering the lavatories, head hung low. It looked like he had been on the verge of crying for some time now. Not that he hadn't a reason not to, he was in a perfectly fine position to, if anything.
Shiny followed him, trying to look nonchalant as he too entered the stallion's bathroom, where Night Light washes his face, not noticing Shiny entering and looking at him over the big mirror along the wall above the four horizontally aligned sinks.

He took a deep breath before starting to talk.

"Nighty...", he started as the blue stallion immediately flinched, covering his face with wet hooves as he stumbles clumsily with his back against the wall.

"Listen...", Shiny continued, intent on getting this done as soon as possible. "I... I'm really sorry..."
He kicks a hoof to the floor beneath him as he looks away from Night Light, whose face, from what he could see, was in a mess. His eyes were bloodshot from excessive crying and the bangs of his mane slightly discheveled. As Night Light covered his face, however, something else caught Shiny Rock's attention. Night Light's hooves had been freshly cut multiple times. Far as Shiny knew, he was the last to leave yesterday, indicating that those cuts were made by Night himself.

Shiny's face cringed at the sight, tears formed in his eyes in which the iris shrunk dramatically, his jaw slacked open in an act of sheer terror at what he had seen before him, as he could not believe what he was seeing.

"Tell me you didn't...", he started, feeliing sick to his stomach. "Please tell me you didn't..."

Night Light turned around and kicked the white earth stallion right in the chest with a powerfully anchored hindhoof. Shiny fell to the ground, confused as he held his chest in pain.

"HURTS, DOESN'T IT?!", Night Light screamed at him.

"FUCKING HURTS!! I GAVE YOU MY LOVE, MY LIFE BUT YOU WERE JUST PLAYING GAMES WITH ME!! WHAT MORE COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT?!"

Shiny nodded his head in understanding, sobbing a bit. His chest reddened a bit from the sudden impact it had made with Night Light's hindhoof kick. He looked up at the blue stallion in pity, knowing full well that what he had done was akin to what a heartless freak would do to harm specifically those close to him. It drove Shiny mad that he had caused those scars on Night Light's wrists.
He knew that he had officially shattered what was left of the stallion's hope. He knew he'd have to rebuild it somehow, but how he would perform such a feat was way beyond his reason to understand, since right now, all he could see was a broken individual, and that individual was not just mad at him, but completely, no doubt about it, absolutely pissed at him.

"Night Light...", he started, "I want you to know, that what I did was completely out of the blue, even for me. I don't know why I suddenly kicked you, but I assume it was because I was so caught up in the moment in trying to act like I was 'one of them' that I completely forgot who was my friend and who wasn't. I really don't want to hurt you, and just to make it up to you, you can punch and kick me as many times as you like before class starts..."

Night looked at Shiny Rock, conflicted on whether or not he should take him up on that offer, as his eyes make that expression perfectly visible to the pony on the floor.

"I'm not gonna do that...", Night finally answered after what seemed like an eternity of silence. "This relationship we had... we have to put that on hold. I can see it in your face that you didn't mean to do that, but fuck if you didn't seem like it when you did it, so I'm gonna forgive you for now... perhaps... we should remain friends... at least until we know exactly what we're feeling for each other... because as of now, I'm really confused. I think I may never recover should you pull a dumb, and might I add, completely soul-shattering stunt like that. Do you have any idea how I felt when you kicked my face yesterday?"

"H-how...?", was all Shiny could muster.

Night Light brought a hoof to his forehead as he looked to the ground, sighing.

"Betrayed... I felt betrayed... and in case the point is not driven right into your skull and through the other side for good measure, feeling betrayed by the pony you thought you loved more than anything you could ever love in the entire Celestia damned world is quite possibly the worst experience anyone would ever have to make."

"Nighty...", Shiny tried to word in in an attempt to explain himself further, knowing full well that it was pointless anyhow he would do it, since he pretty much stated everything he needed to say in his explanation before.

"Let's get the fuck to class.", Night Light cut him off.

Comments ( 5 )

I'm still not sure how this will work out, but it's great to see you back.

This is a great story, i must say i love this type of stories, i think the plot is writen good, but right now its missing end.
Pleaste tell me if you are gonna continue, i would love to read it to the end. :twilightsmile:

Anyway have a nice day.

BL

Next chapter plsssssssss

Are you even planning to upload another chapter? you left it at the climax and now the desire of reading what happens next is killing me

This is a cute story and I wish it was continued. That being said, it does suffer from excessive speeds. The characters who have known each other for 12 hours are now best friends and they are deeply in love with each other within 36 hours. This can easily be fixed by changing the first few paragraphs to remove the fact that this was Shiny Rocks first day, thus implying that the fact that they could have known each other casually longer. Everything else, even showing him around the school will still fit because of the new school year classes. Again the only issue this even has is easily fixed.

I think the Author did a great job with this cute and warm hearted story.

Monk
"The idea simply stated that when personal feelings are mixed with power, bad things happen." -Corvo

Login or register to comment