• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 1,659 Views, 65 Comments

Colt Cuddler: Friends To Lovers - Starweardo



The tale of a love that faces many ups and downs. This story only contains OCs.

  • ...
16
 65
 1,659

The Confession

Shiny couldn't believe his ears.

His best friend, whom he had just met up until recently, had confessed his love to him.
This was too much for him to handle, he couldn't take news of this magnitude just yet.

He seperated himself from his friend and walked out the door, a blank expression on his face.
"Shiny, where are you-?" a confused Night Light started, before the door shut.

He waited until he was in the school's street when his face scrunched up and he cried to himself.

You. Are. An. IDIOT!!! There you were, locked in a hug with a stallion you know you have feelings for and you just blew him off like it was no big deal?! Just what kind of jerk are you?! You know this is different from Sky High, this is a chemistry you two have been sharing since you've met. You better apologize during lunch break, Shiny Rock! Not just for your sanity, but for his.

Shiny's mind scolded him. He knew he should have answered likewise when the confession happened.

His train of thought was interrupted by Sweet Scent at his side.

"What's the matter?" she asked, slightly worried.

Shiny stayed silent. He couldn't bear telling her any of this. But he had to. Who else would he talk to?

"Listen..." he begun. "I know this might sound odd, but have you heard the rumours?"

"Yeah... what about 'em?"

"Well... this morning... Nighty confessed his love to me..."

Sweet Scent was speechless. She simply stood in front of her new friend, mouth agape.

"Do not tell anypony, I beg of you..." he pleaded.

Shiny didn't wait for an answer, instead, he ran the rest of the way to school.

Oh geez. What am I going to do?

There really was only one answer, but that would mean getting bullied. He wouldn't want that for either of them.

Classes went by in a flash. Inbetween trying to pay attention, Shiny caught sight of Nighty staring down at his blank sheet of paper, not moving until breaks.
As recess began and they went to the cafeteria to eat, Shiny heard thudding noises from the colt's bathroom on the ground floor, followed by grunts.
As he went to inspect what was going on, two stallion pegasi in his year had exited the facilities. They were rather muscular, easily could've been hoofball players.

He let them pass by, faking a smile and went inside, hearing somebody puke horrendously.

"Hello?" he shouted in question, trying to get an answer. The puking stopped. That's a start.

"Um... are you okay? My name's Shiny Rock, I'm here to help-"
Just in that second, the door of one of the stalls had opened. It was Night Light, he was covered in bruises. Upon looking at Shiny, he seemed to smile weakly.

"Hey..." he said with a raspy voice. "Sorry about what happened this morning."

Shiny shook his head. This wasn't the time or place for it. He had to report this. The school headmaster had to be notified immediately!

"Who did this to you? Do you know their names?" he asked in panic.

"Shiny, le' it be. It's been happening for quite a while now, nothing I can do about it. School can't afford to lose more than ten ponies or else its rates would sink to astonishing lows. I'll just have to hold out. It's how it is until the year's over."

Shiny started to tear up.

"YOU CAN NOT HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT!!! YOU CAN NOT BE THIS SHALLOW!!! YOU'VE GOTTA FIGHT LIKE A STALLION, BRING THOSE GUYS TO JUSTICE! Don't be there punching bags, for Celestia's sake, you-
You're BLEEDING!" he shouted, pointing at the side of Night's head.

"Have been bleeding," Night Light corrected. "really, it's nothing. I can get it patched up, quick."

Shiny sighed. This colt is as stubborn as a mule!

He grabbed Night by the hoof and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Listen..." he started, "I don't know why you're so crazy as to not tell anypony about what happened. Now either you go to the principle's office now, or I'll go to there myself and tell them everything. I just hope you know those guys' names."

Night Light trembled a bit. "Th-thanks..." he said, his smile growing a little.

Shiny was crying at this point. "Y-y-you're an... id-idiot..."

"I know..." Night responded.

Looking each other in the eyes, Shiny eventually chuckled softly.

"Your eyes are beautiful, Nighty..."

"So are yours, Shiny. I could lose myself in them."

Realizing what he said, Shiny's eyes widen as he trots out to eat lunch. At least, he's telling himself that.

BuckbuckbuckbuckbuckbuckBUCK!!! Did I just seriously say that? ... Yes I did... and I should have stayed with him. This is the second time in one day! Why am I such a smeghead? I should stop running away from him, giving him false hope... instead I'm going to go eat make-believe lunch. I wonder what his lips feel like, pressed against mine... the sweet embrace of his hooves, the feeling of security whenever we're with each other... I'm not ashamed to admit it to myself that I love him, but... I just can't confess like he did...

Shiny stared at his lunch he had totally forgotten that he had even ordered lunch for today, and yet, here he is, staring down a bowl of soup.

I should see him in the park today...

A cheerleading pony sat down with him, dressed in uniform.

"Hey, name's Tumble Dance. So, why's a stud like you together with a freak like Night Light?"

"Name's Shiny Rock. Not a stud. Not a couple. Just pals. He showed me around yesterday, really nice of him."

"But he IS a freak, though."

"He's... different... listen, I gotta go..."

Tumble Dance shoots a suspecting look.

"Where?" she asked.

"Class. I'd rather be early than late..."

He trots away, leaving his food and a nosy cheerleader sitting at the table. He could not wait until he got home.

As he looked outside, he noticed it started snowing.

Fancy-bucking-that. I find winters irritating, what with the constantly changing weather and all that jazz...

He stopped in front of the window, continuing to look outside.
His expression goes calm, eyes closing halfway.

I need to stop putting him off...