• Published 23rd May 2013
  • 1,656 Views, 65 Comments

Colt Cuddler: Friends To Lovers - Starweardo



The tale of a love that faces many ups and downs. This story only contains OCs.

  • ...
16
 65
 1,656

Trouble In Trottingham

Shiny got up, his eyes a limbering mess of tears and swollen skin. "I can't believe somepony would do that."

"Well," Nighty chimed in, "it's not like my father hated me, heck, they never disowned me or somethin'. I just needed to go. My father's the more modern type, you see, he totally gets why somethin' would be, much different from most ponies back in Bronsdale. In fact, I don't even think it was mum's looks that landed her as dad's wife, more likely her strong personality, because BOY LET ME TELL YOU she's got quite a fiery one." He started laughing. "This one time-"

A knocking sound. No normal knocking sound. Knocking at a panicked state. Right at the front door.

Night Light rushed over to his home's door and opened it, simply smiling in spite of his worries, just to be polite.
Sweet Scent was standing at the doorway, panting a bit.

"You okay, Sweet?" he asked. His answer was less than decipherable.

"You'vegottalistentometherearejockscomingdowntoyourhousetheysawyouwalkinghometogetherlastnightsoyou'vegottahurry oh, nice interior decorating you've got going on..."

Night shook his head and turned to Shiny, who had an equally puzzled expression.
Turning back to Sweet Scent, he gestured her to slow down and said "What?" to which she simply replied "Jocks. Coming. HERE."

Night's pupil's shrank to about a fragment of their original size.

Sweet Scent mouthed a quick "Sorry." and dashed off to safety, leaving them bereft of any ideas what to do.

Five minutes later, another knocking on the door occured. Thinking it's mighty polite of them to give a knock, he opened the door and gave a weak smile before being quickly, forcefully shoved aside.

"Here's fag number one, where's fag number two?" the big stallion known as Field Goal chortled as he came into the living room, where Shiny was seated, trying to remain calm.

"Wh-what's up, m-m-man?" he said shakingly, a fake smile planted right on his face.

"Rumour has it you're banging Night Light, or that you're the one getting banged. Either way, I'm here to settle the score and show you what's right."

Shiny's mind raced as he 'non-chalantly' got up and sauntered over to the jock. "Yeah, I heard, so I wanted to make sure he understands that that's not what's happening. You see those bruises? I did that. The fucker was trying to get on to me but I got him good!"

"Is that so?" Field replied, stumped to this new information given to him.

You're a sick bastard, Shiny. A sick, sick bastard. You'll have to explain to Nighty that you didn't mean it later on when these guys leave.

"Hit him again. We'd love to see." the big pony behind Field Goal suggested as they both nodded.

Shiny laughed nervously, slowly getting better and better at appearing like one of them as he made a 'nah' movement with a hoof.

"I think he's not worth our time, I'd rather go do something else, am I right?" he joked.

Wow, I'm really getting into this! I could pull this off for sure! he thought, smirking.

"I guess you're right," Field Goal responded, shrugging. They walked towards the exit, all laughing, Shiny at their side, waiting until they leave. As Night Light touched Shiny's hindhoof, he realised that he had gotten a little too much into it.

Shiny quickly brought a hoof forward and punched him right in the muzzle, yelling "Don't touch me!" at him.

A few seconds passed until Shiny realised what exactly he did, his eyes widening in horror.

He'd say that what he did hurt more than Night Light, but he knew very well that the meek blue stallion was shattered on the inside, only more emphasized by his bleeding muzzle and blankly staring eyes.

Reaching a hoof to his muzzle, he looked at the blood, processing what was happening, like the impossible had just occured.

Waiting until the jocks had left, Shiny rushed over to Night Light, only to find him cowering away from him as fast as he can.

"Why..." Nighty stifled, dazed and confused. "Why must you be this sadistic...? You play with my heart like I was just some cheap little game, I pour my deepest thoughts out to you, I tell you things I wouldn't tell anypony else, I said that I LOVED YOU... and in the end... it turns out..." he started crying. "That you're ALL THE FUCKIN' SAME!!"

Shiny's eyes, that had just calmed down from the previous set of tears, started acting up again. "Nighty, no, you misunderstand! It was a mistake!"

"It was a bloody mistake trustin' you!" Night yelled at him. "Get. Out. Of. My. House..."

"No, please! I-"

Night Light finally got up from his cowered state and pointed at the door, pure fury overtaking his gaze. "OUT!!!"

His eyes... his golden-hazelbrown eyes... they look at me like I'm some kind of monster... and I am... I was all he could hang on to. I was all he could trust in. But I blew it. He probably thinks this was some big setup to humiliate him, like I'm gonna tell everypony about his darkest secrets... and I don't blame him...
The way he's staring at me... he's lost all hope.
It's best I go...

Shiny hung his head down way low, heading for the exit, his guilt reaching orbital levels, however, he knew that it would be best not to make this situation worse.

Leaving Nighty's home, he looked back, sighing deeply.

"I'm sorry... I'm so very sorry..."