The Writers' Group 9,316 members · 56,686 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

Let's be honest, we've all written something that we think sucks,.
yet we posted it anyways.
I want you to post THE worst story you've ever written,
A short explanation could be nice as well.

I go first: The One Free Colt
This... thing, is a second-person Half-Life 2 crossover, need I say more?
It's also poorly written.

Mine is "But Here's What Really Happened," a nasty reaction to Derpygate. I wasn't in a great place.

This abomination is the first story I tried writing. At the time, I couldn't be bothered with proof reading it, and while I would have liked the story had I written it well, I didn't write it well. I'm kind of reluctant to show this thing to anyone but here it is: Re:Naruto

I actually got positive feedback for it. I don't know why.

Mine is Muffins.
...I thought it was a good idea at the time.

Boy, are you in for a real treat if you read this:
Beneath the Mask: The Omakes

Though I wouldn't recommend it if you wish to sustain your current IQ level. You have been warned.

Oh to be Old Again ... go fig.

EDIT: Reasons: It's essentially a self-insert 'brony in Equestria' story that didn't take itself too seriously, had no plan and no real plot and the only drawing point was the brony a) was a kid and b) didn't want to stay.

It was only after it became a 'thing' that I got an editor, started to TRY to make it work and came up with a plotline.

2113517 I've only posted three stories, though one got removed for meta references because I, err, totally completely read and understood the site's rules before posting it...

My worst story between the remaining two is Where Is Tortilla Land?. If you read the description, it's exactly what it says on the tin, and one of the weirdest things I've ever written. I wrote it one morning, drunk as Hell with my good buddies Sailor Jerry and Captain Morgan, and didn't bother editing it after that.

My coworkers thought it was hilarious. Except for the guy who I wrote it for. He still hasn't read it because I told him I turned his Guild Wars 2 character into a goth Forest Gump.

Dude, the worst story I've ever written doesn't exist anymore. I purged all my really bad stuff years ago.

I'm not even sure which one was the worst. Might have been the terrible X-Men/Blade/Buffy the Vampire Slayer three-way crossover, or possibly the Star Wars Fanfic with the all OC Sith Lord cast. And that's not even counting the horribly lame stuff I wrote when I was just starting out.

Yeah, I'm so happy those stories aren't still around. :pinkiehappy:

My First Piece on this site, it was written as a way of breaking the ice and actually make an account and get writing. It's nice to look back every once in a while and see how far I have come. (It really wasn't that good of a story.)

Jacked Up

(I'm kind of letting off steam by writing this comment)

I was really into the chessverse when I came up with this, but I had zero experience in writing for shared universes (especially one as chaotically insane as the chessverse, which I've since stopped caring about at all). The end result was me trying to connect three somewhat unrelated concepts that had been running through my head and that is what you see before you.

The worst part is that it's not detestable like some things. It's dumb, sure, and the fic itself is unbelievably flawed, but I like the concepts I had beforehand - IE, before I mangled them together. The character of Denise Hartman has since been heavily revised in my mind and is probably going to be the subject of an actual book that I may or may not ever write, and the structure of changeling society that I (poorly) defined is still pretty much my headcanon. The plotline itself is meh, but could potentialy be good. I just ruined all of them by trying to do all at once.

My worst is "Those Damn Seven Minutes" :facehoof:

2113517 Wish Upon A Shooting Stallion was started (but thankfully not finished) before I knew anything about all the overdone clichés of writing, and fanfiction writing especially. Some poor bastard actually read it relatively recently and pointed out that, whilst the ideas present aren't good, he didn't think that the actual writing quality was poor, which was nice of him. I have also come up with an idea based on this god-awful thing for a dark-horror-y type thing that I may or may not write at some point.

2113517 I've started writing stories when I was 4, so I think, well, I improved since then.:twilightblush:

The Tree on Top of the Hill is the worst story I have left. Honestly, it's not awful. Jut incredibly mediocre. Rushed, badly paced, and boring.

Now, the absolute worst story I wrote no longer exists on this site. Well, one of them, anyway. There's an NLR fic with a Gary Stu OC for a main character out there with my name on it.

I only have one story.... so I guess its that by default?

2113517 My worst fanfic is my first. I think it's called Armor for Heart and it contains a boring OC, shoe-horned in romance and other bad stuff. It's baaaad.

I only have one story so that would have to be it, though the prologue and first 6-7 chapters would have to count since they were written when I was a new writer.

In terms of all the fics I've ever written... hoo boy I have a few. Both of them are ed edd n Eddy fics, and both are godawful!

One was a bizarre little fic that revolved around the high school arranging a war reenactment day, complete with trenches dug into the football pitch... there was Kevin as the antagonist, Edd and Nazz getting together at the end for no reason, a cheap sequel hook, pretty uch every bad fanfic cliche you can think of. Thank the gods that I can no longer find it.

The other was an OC new-kid-in-town story, where he was an occultist, got together with Nazz, listened to metal, summoned the Great Old Ones, all sorts of bullcrap. Oh, and he died and was resurrected in case you needed anything more to see him as a Gary-stu.

As for pony fics, my worst is probably my first, The Statement of Twilight Sparkle. Sure, it's by no means bad, many would even call it pretty good, but it's pretty much a copy-paste ponification of The Statement of Randolph Carter and does have a few writing flubs here and there. Probably alot better than alot of the ones mentioned by the rest of y'all, but still pretty low on my list.

2113517 Well, I've only uploaded one story here and I still like it right now. Ask me again in a couple of years!

A crappy self insert ww2 fic that was basically call of duty

Actually, the things I write that I think suck? I don't post those :moustache:

Probably the terrible Spitfire x Fleur ship. Wrote two chapters, realized my only real motivation was "nobody has shipped them before" and the story was suffering accordingly, and after a long bout of trying to ignore it I finally took it down.

There are far worse, but those will never see the light of day again.

Might have been the terrible X-Men/Blade/Buffy the Vampire Slayer three-way crossover

That actually doesn't sound so bad if executed well... I'd read it. :moustache:

2113517 Mine is Of Pyreflies, Sky-Pirates and Ponies. It used to be called Yu Yevon Strikes Back. It is a crossover of Final Fantasy X and XII. The first original chapters were :yay: but I left it there anyway until I took them down and rewrote the first chapter from the ground up.

The funny thing is, a lot of people really liked that one. For some reason.

It was still objectively terrible, though, so I got rid of it anyway and never looked back.

My worst story doesn't exist anymore, but it was before I realized just how bad my characterization method was. The OC had one tragedy after another as his backstory, did things that made him uberpowered, and was so close to being a Gary-Stu that I just gave up on it. Luckily, I deleted it and took a different name to hide my tracks.

The sad part was that I could barely scrape by with 1000 words per chapter while writing it, and I rushed the plot so badly it was almost unreadable. But I didn't get any dislikes though.
-SoI

If you talk to any well-known published author and ask to see the first couple things they wrote, they will all recoil in disgust and claim all the copies accidently went into a fireplace several years ago, and for perfectly good reasons.

Technically, my weakest story is also my first story, although someday I may rebuild it.
Two Unicorns Walk Into a Village

Summary: During her recovery from being Nightmare Moon, Luna disguises herself and goes with a Royal Courier on a trip to Ponyville in order to escape from her inner deamons and learn just what is so special about this small town. I've fixed most of the spelling and grammar issues, but the plot is thin and the self-insert obvious.

Less discerning readers tend to attach themselves to ideas over execution - or sometimes, in spite of execution. My Little Dashie is a low quality story, but people are attached to the wish fulfillment fantasy. Twilight is also a poor story, but... well, I suppose there's got to be some appeal in it? I dunno.

Anyway, the trick is to have a good idea and good execution, and then you make billions! Or get ignored in favor of the shitty mass appeal stories, but it's fine. I'm not bitter. Not at all.

Let's see... I get to choose between two shipfics, a derivative of Magical Mystery Cure, a Goosebumps styled fic with a downer ending, an broken Aesop laden saccharine tablet, and a sci-fi mess that I've all but abandoned because I got spooked by a pair of commenters who didn't like where it was going.

Decisions, decisions...

Twilight is also a poor story, but... well, I suppose there's got to be some appeal in it? I dunno.

Honestly? Somehow, I actually kinda liked Bella.

Christen Steward totally ruined her in the movies, though. Worst casting ever.

2113517 Moving the Stars

No contest. My worst fic ever. Granted, I'm going to be rewriting it pretty soon, but as it stands: Worst. Fic. Ever.

2113517 I've got three:

The Carnival

Daemon ((Back when I wanted it to be a Fantasy Novel))

and Howl, a psychological horror story based on a personal nightmare

This.

Not that I dislike it, or anything (I actually want to get this rolling again soon), but it is the first thing I ever wrote for this site, so the overall quality of (at least) the first two chapters is still pretty much "beginner-level"... :pinkiesick:

I really dont have bad stories. Teh punctuation in both of my stories is terrible, so go look at them if you want to watch 5th grader levels of that. But otherwise. Mnah

2113517 All of them.

For me, the worst story I've ever written is Twisted Tale. Don't read it. It was so bad that I gave it a dislike- yes, I disliked my own story.

-Mudraynebow

"Flash Sentry flashes a sentry"
The title says it all, really. I worked on this fic for a bit, then quit when my meds finally kicked in. Thankfully, I never published any of it.

Replacement

Good idea- bad execution. Really bad. I would rewrite it, but I'm onto other things.

I was so unhappy with this that I never put it up here. But it is on the PFA War.

Although it's not too bad, the extremely messed up pacing in my story To Restore The Balance made it difficult to read/enjoy. Sadly, I haven't had time to rewrite it yet

:rainbowderp: THAT'S YOUR WORST STORY!?!?!?!:twilightangry2:

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, it's popular. And since I've gotten help with it and a plan, it's going fairly well. But there are so many things that need fixing. So many stupid errors and mistakes that I need to repair.

It's funny. It's interesting. It's 'ok'ly written. But is it good? It's on the 'good' side of 'fair' in my opinion.

Of course, I answered this as 'what's the worst on this site that you've written' instead of 'worst ever.' Worst ever would be the first fanfiction I ever wrote, back in '95 or ... '94. THAT hasn't aged well.

I ..........can accept that then.:twilightsmile:

2113517 "Heavy Baggage" I gave myself 30 minutes to write it, whadaya think was gonna happen?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43