• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 2,161 Views, 282 Comments

The Transient's Detail - J Winters



"I will find you, dad. Dead or alive, I will find you, and hopefully some answers..." "... but things can never be that easy."

  • ...
16
 282
 2,161
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 29 )

I was like number 98. I was hoping you would get to 100 quickly!

...Well. This certainly is an interesting development.

Hooray, update! :pinkiehappy:

This just made my day!

3006769
I was thinking about Matriarch Aethyta, actually. Although I do like it more when Black speaks with her own accent.

3111543 Just carry on, it will reach a point where it becomes immensely good. I read a lot of stories and this has managed to make it to my top three. :twilightsheepish:

3120600 No idea if I have or not, it doesn't give any details in that comment so you should be safe, but I'd probably just avoid comments until you finish it because I know I posted some in later chapters and stuff and I can't quite remember what they were, so I'd err on the side of caution and leave the comments section alone for now, haha.

3135067 It varies. The small map given displays it in that the large, black lines are the cliffs, but the smaller black lines are more gradual slopes down to the beach.

3191828
Oh I DEFINITELY know that feel...
Can't really help you even though I wish I could... hope this makes you atleast smile :3

Y'know, I love how whenever someone starts this they just start commenting on every little chapter, all in a row. It's very telling of the quality of the story.

The story is derived from a few sessions he played of the game Dwarf Fortress. It's not an easy game to get into, as it's rather complex- however it is very "Fun"!

Comment posted by amiamera deleted Jan 31st, 2014
Comment posted by J Winters deleted Jan 31st, 2014

4173996 I politely disagree with your opinion. :twilightsmile:

An update would be lovely, man. I hope you don't ditch this story.

4270867 I know, I've been eagerly awaiting the big upload for so long now. I think when he finally pushes something out I may well cry... Is that a good thing? :derpyderp2:

4270867

4273467

No, I still have not ditched it. Yet I will admit to having been failing to do justice to it.

I know it's of little comfort to just throw up another Blizzard-esque "SOON" response about progress, but it's all I've got at the moment.

I have a few as-of-yet unpolished early chapters that I could bare to part with as a penance for the inexcusable delays, but at that point, I fear cementing ideas through publication to make them unable to be amended later for an overall better creation.

All in all, I'm being a big baby and failing to lend any of my work confidence. So, if one wishes to see some tentative chapters, let me know through private message, and I will set a password for viewing a few unpublished chapters.

So this is just dead, I take it?

5276138

I have continuously held out hope that I would find time, inspiration, or a renewed love of this project, to see it through to its originally designed end.

Yet as my first semester of college comes to a close, I recognize that I will likely not have the time or energy to put towards this story for many years to come. Not only that, the iron has gone cold, my position in life has moved on, and I have not rekindled a connection with either the source material or the original content used.

Since I long ago promised that I would not leave this dangling forever, I will do my best to keep to that now and sadly announce The Transient's Detail as cancelled. While I still hope to come back eventually and complete it for my own sake, it will likely be in such a time that it has lost all relevance to anyone but myself.

I am sorry.

5312844

That's a shame. I really liked this. Good luck in school.

5312844 That's such a shame but after so long without updates I've come to live with it anyway, at least you're still leaving the story up for us to re-read, even as it is now it is by far one of the best stories I've read on here, if not the best. If you ever do finish it and fimfiction still lives, please message me, I'll get an email so even if I don't use fimfiction anymore I'll see it, I'd love to finish it once and for all.

Every time we find a interesting story with a different concept then most.........it's dead.

5312844

it will likely be in such a time that it has lost all relevance to anyone but myself.

Don't be so sure of that.

5312844
I'm still interested in this, faggot. Keep going.

Year by year, we keep watch.

Log 2, entry 10-1 was an emotional rollercoaster we did not expect, it drew tears.

We just hope that one day you will feel confident enough to show it all to the rest of the world.

This is not an allegory or what have you, it is just music that we believe fits his tale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6wjdn-rcVQ

Login or register to comment