• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 4,264 Views, 67 Comments

Transformers: Ancient Legacy - Goldymarg



An eons long conflict is rekindled in the peace loving world of Equestria. Crossover of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

  • ...
5
 67
 4,264

The Search, Chapter 7: Destroyer

Luna felt like there was ice in her veins. Her legs refused to move and all she could hear was the metallic thump of his steps over her labored breathing. This was the being that every Autobot hated and feared, the monster responsible for inciting a civil war that claimed the lives of countless innocents.

(“Trixie failed...! Her sacrifice was for naught, he still lives!”)

In her attempt to stabilize her breathing and calm her nerves, she soon realized it was worse than she thought. Megatron hadn't simply come back from the brink of death – he showed no signs of injury or damage. No, there wasn't even a scratch on him. It was as if the wounds he sustained inside of the megalodon didn't even exist. How was any of this possible?

*KHA-THOOM*

The shock of another fusion cannon shot brought Luna's mind back to the battle, forcing her to raise a magical barrier around herself and Brawn, hoping against hope that it would hold as she watched it approach. The shot collided with her shield and exploded with a deafening bang, the feedback causing her to scream and drop to a knee. It was as if someone had smacked her in the back of the head with a lead pipe.

“Luna, get outta here! You're the one he's after!”

Peeking an eye open while gritting her teeth, she saw Brawn looking down at her with desperate optics. She tried to stand once again, but was quickly brought back down by two more shots hitting her barrier, burying her face in the dirt.

“ARRRGGGHHH! No! I will not...leave you to your death!”

Turning back to face Megatron, Brawn retorted, “Will you just shut up and get out of here?! If he gets to you, he'll reactivate all the Cons inside the Nemesis! That maniac'll start the war all over again!”

“B-but...!”

Her barrier flickered and faded away as one more shot exploded against it, causing Luna to completely collapse from the pain, falling sideways to her left. Her ears folded over from a ringing sensation, her brain pulsed with agony, and her horn sparked with blue electricity. Brawn, however, took this as an opportunity to attack, running towards him at full speed. He knew Megatron's clip had to be empty now, so this was the only moment he would have to strike. Balling his right fist, he took a swing at his fusion cannon, putting his whole body into the punch. There was no way he was confident enough to try and take him down with brute force, so disarming him was his next best option.

“Bah, insect!”

It was a fool's errand. Megatron simply stepped backward on his right foot, and with a lazy gesture, rammed the barrel of his cannon into Brawn's midsection. Even with her ears folded over, Luna could hear the sickening crunch of metal as he was sent flying over two yards away. Her vision was blurry as she laid there, but she could most definitely make out that horrible monstrosity picking up her only ally by the head, his limbs going completely limp.

“What did you expect to accomplish on your own?! Even after 988 decacycles, you Autobots still refuse to die! I grow weary of snuffing out your sparks!” Megatron's grip on Brawn's head tightened, hairline cracks appearing in the sides of his cranium. The damage brought his senses back online, causing him to claw uselessly at his captor's arm. When he realized there was no way to escape his grasp, he slammed a key on his chestplate with his palm, causing it to blink red at an even tempo.

“Gh...you might...take me out...but the rest of the Autobot's are...gonna know I'm here!” Even with his voice blocked and his exostructure damaged severely, his tone hadn't lost any bravado. Though it only earned a hearty laugh from Megatron.

“Heh ha ha HAAA! On the contrary, you feeble-minded Autobot! I am counting it!”

----

- The Ark, Bridge
Fifteen Minutes Ago

“Wait...cross-reference the electromagnetic disturbance at point D-008 with the last two recorded coordinates!”

The monitor in front of Perceptor zoomed out, displaying a rough world map of Equestria overlaid with a grid. The northern part of the map was littered with a green, digital haze, representing the disturbance. After a few microcycles of processing, a red line traveled between the desert, the bay, and the northern mountains, the display turning a yellowish red color inside of the drawn triangle. He slammed his hands onto the console and finally stood up from his chair, staring at the readings onscreen.

“Impossible! It's a tachyon array! Soundwave wasn't trying to contact Megatron at all, he's been in contact with Cybertron all this time!”

Perceptor knocked the chair out of his way and ran to the rear of the room, slamming his palm onto a button on the wall. Not caring that he nearly broke it, he yelled into the receiver, “Attention Autobots, this is a priority alert!”

----

- The Ark, Brig

*bang*

Gears smacked the barrel of his path blaster against the wall next to Soundwave's cell, sneering at him on the other side of the energon screen. He'd been doing this every so often to try and get a rise out of him, but there hadn't been a single time the Decepticon reacted to anything he did. He just sat there against the wall, unmoving, his arms and legs bound by manacles. Gears scoffed and walked back to the entrance with a lazy stride. It didn't make any sense to him as to how he could be so still for so long, and it was starting to creep him out.

“You wouldn't be so tough if ya weren't on the otha' side a that cell! Why don't ya come back here and open this thing up so I can open YOU up?! Huh?!”

Down the hall, Rumble flailed against his bonds and started pounding on the screen again, his blows only succeeding in causing small, electrical flashes. Gears lowered his head and brought his hand to his face, the door sliding closed behind him.

“Would you stop making a fool of yourself already? You're starting to act like my idiot partner.” In a cell across from him, Thundercracker stood against the wall watching the miniature Decepticon throw yet another tantrum.

“Yeah! You're crackin' my auditory sensors with all that – HEY! You insultin' me again?!” Skywarp yelled at the wall dividing their cells, causing the wall to rattle. “If I didn't have these things on my arms, I'd...!”

“...you'd what? You're disarmed and helpless. Even if we weren't in these cells, I'd still end up pulling your transistors out through your optics.”

“Say that again ya gearhead! When I get outta here, I'm gonna...!”

The noise of the door opening again followed by Gears' harried footsteps cut him off. He still had his path blaster drawn on his right hand and had a furious expression on his face as he came to a stop in front of Soundwave's cell again, pressing the barrel of the gun against the barrier.

“What's goin' on here?! Perceptor just said you've been talking to someone on Cybertron! Spill it, Decepti-creep!”

For the first time since he was imprisoned, Soundwave raised his head and stared down the Autobot in front of him, though he still remained silent. It only took a few moments of inaction before Gears decided he'd seen enough, clicking the chamber of his weapon and punching a key on the wall, taking down the barrier to the cell.

“Forget what Ironhide said! I should've done this megacycles ago!”

The second it was down, Soundwave's faceplate finally moved to speak, “Laserbeak. Ravage. Initiate phase three.”

From somewhere in the ceiling behind him, a thin, red laser beam shot down and pierced the barrel of Gears' weapon, rendering it useless. He only had enough time to become aware of what happened before a massive gash suddenly clawed its way across his torso, bringing him down to a knee. Clutching his wound, he tried to swing blindly at whatever whatever was attacking him, only eliciting a mocking, metallic growl from around him. Another slash across his neck took him down, turning his head sideways and spilling a few drops of energon onto the floor. The other prisoners shared a confused look as a small, long-beaked Decepticon bird flew into Soundwave's cell and perched onto his shoulder.

“WrrrRRRRrrr.”

The bird reeled its head back a bit and fired the same red laser from its beak at the locking mechanisms in his manacles, forcing them open. Standing up and pointing a finger forward, he commanded, “Laserbeak, disable the remaining locks. Ravage, return.”

The bird flapped its segmented metal wings, flew outside, and began melting the keypads lined on the cells one after another with its laser. As Soundwave stepped outside, another miniature Decepticon flickered into sight at his feet, the small, electrical field around it signifying the deactivation of it's optic camouflage. This one resembled a black panther adorned with missile launchers on its hips, its glowing yellow eyes curled into a constant glare. It made a low, steely growl before jumping upward and transforming into a cassette tape, landing perfectly into his master's open chest compartment. Thundercracker was the first to step out, examining and gripping his right forearm after his manacles came off.

“So, you wanna tell us what's going on? If you could've gotten us out of these cells all along, then you better have a real good reason for not doing it.” He emphasized his point by slamming his fist into his palm and cracking his knuckles.

“Autobot communications have just been disrupted remotely,” Soundwave droned. “Radio silence will last approximately 5.8 microcycles. Escaping captivity takes priority at this time.”

“W...wait...”

Their attention was drawn to a weak, raspy voice at the opposite end of the hall. Inside the last cell, Vortex pressed his body against the barrier with his arms and legs still bound, the charred and unmoving bodies of his comrades behind him. Ramming his shoulder against it, he cried, “Why aren't you...you guys opening my cell?! You clowns better not leave me behind! I've got, ugh...I've got a score to settle!”

“Megatron has deemed the Combaticons a liability. Assistance will not be provided to you, or your unit,” Soundwave said, turning his back on him. “Seekers, I am providing coordinates. ETA, 2.7 cycles. Scramble.”

“See ya, Vortex! Wouldn't wanna be ya!”

“Sorry. Megatron's orders and all.”

“Tch, whatever. I'm not going to miss any of you.”

Vortex leaned against the barrier, watching his fellow Decepticons run through the open door. It was only a moment before he started ramming into his cell again, screaming, “Hey! HEEEEY!!! Get back here Soundwave! I'm not done with you yet!”

His angry pleas became muffled as the corridor became bathed in flashing red lights, with klaxon alarms blaring louder than his voice.

[SECURITY BREACH IN DECK B-02. REPEAT, SECURITY BREACH IN DECK B-02. ALL AUTOBOTS, CONVERGE.]

----

- Badlands, Site of the Nemesis
Now

“Did you really believe you Autobots were in control? That your pathetic attempt to search for your beloved leader would actually bear any fruit? Hah! All you have managed to 'succeed' at is providing me with much needed information! For you see, Ravage and Laserbeak have been observing you from the very beginning!”

Her senses were dulled slightly, but not so much that she couldn't continue hearing the savage beating Megatron was giving Brawn. Luna blinked until her vision came back into focus, just in time for her to witness the Decepticon punch him in the face so hard that pieces of his head literally broke off, with some of the debris landing right in front of her. Her eyes went wide and she breathed out forcefully at the sight, kicking up a cloud of red dirt in front of her as she watched him spin around like a ragdoll and fall onto his side. The shock was enough for her to ignore the burning, green crack of pain inside of her skull, her legs finally responding to her commands and rolling her into a semi-kneeling position.

“Even as I speak these words, Autobot, Soundwave is already leading your pitiful allies to this location,” Megatron taunted, grabbing Brawn by his forearm and suspending him in front of his face. “What you don't seem to understand is that my remaining forces on Cybertron are prepared to sortie halfway across the galaxy at a moment's notice. Once I give the order, Shockwave will open the space bridge! Your splintered, uncoordinated forces will be DECIMATED by my sentinels!”

Brawn coughed, a blue trickle of energon leaking out of the corner of his mouth. “Dream on, Mega-jerk...you really think, urk...those tin cans are gonna be enough to take US out?!”

Megatron smirked, the right side of his face curling into a grin. “It's true that I question their efficiency under these circumstances. Then again, it would seem that fortune favors the bold today.”

He raised the beaten Autobot up and slammed him face down into the earth, cracking the ground around his body, his limbs creaking and crackling as he struggled to move. Megatron stepped forward once and stamped his right foot down onto his body, eliciting another scream of agony from him. He chuckled once before raising his head towards Luna, shouting, “Hear me, Princess! If you wish for this insect to remain functioning, you will IMMEDIATELY unlock the seal to this gate!”

Her headache had yet to subside, but it wasn't as debilitating as it was a few moments ago. She ground one of her knees into the dirt, forcing herself to stand while she looked at Brawn's battered form. From what she could see, half of his face was gone and his right arm was crunched and torn like tin foil, making her shudder internally. She couldn't even tell if he could live through something like this.

“Why...aren't...you...gone yet...?!” Brawn muttered, his voice trying it's best to scream. “Why do all of you ponies gotta be so stupid?! Get...out of here...NOW!”

Luna looked between Megatron and her fallen ally, glaring at the former with a hardened gaze. Stabilizing her balance and taking a slow, deep breath, she said, “I am afraid that I cannot do as you ask, even if I had wished it...” She took a moment to look at the gate, frowning. “The runes placed on this gate were intended to be eternal. Nothing in Equestria can dispel them. And even if I were able, I would NEVER - ”

“UUUGGGHH!!!”

The sound of a heel being ground into Brawn's back grated in Luna's ears, stopping her in her tracks, his screams of agony even worse than before. Megatron continued to chuckle under his breath, relishing in his pain.

“As much as I would enjoy prolonging this speck's pain, I no longer have the patience to negotiate. Open the gate, pony.”

He practically spat the word, further infuriating Luna. The pain was still there, but she could no longer feel it. Rather, she found herself purposely charging magical energy in her horn, it's pale blue glow returning and amplifying. All she wanted right now was to blast a massive, charred hole in that monster's chest, yet with all of her strength and motivation, she was powerless with Brawn as a hostage. All she could do was lock eyes with his captor, slowly grinding her hooves into the ground to restrain herself.

“It is as I said! Releasing the runes upon the second sealed gate is beyond mine, AND my sister's power! No matter what you do to him, it simply CANNOT be done!”

Megatron studied her expression and considered her desperate words, eventually ceasing his torture on Brawn with a scowl on his face. “For argument's sake, let's say that you are indeed speaking the truth. If that is the case, then we will simply have to resort to more...direct methods.”

Mechanisms unseen by Luna resonated in the air as he reached behind his back, eventually pulling out a glowing shard of energon nearly five meters long. “I understand that this planet's unique power source has a rather...fascinating effect when introduced into raw energon ore. And I do believe that such a phenomenon was responsible for the reactivation of the Autobots.” Gripping the crystal in hand, Megatron flung it onto the gate and watched it roll to a stop near it's center. “My dear Princess, if you please.”

Luna looked between the shard of glowing ore lying on the face of the gate and the beaten, angry face of her compatriot, no longer sure of what she should do. One little spark of magic was all it would take to fully rekindle the war between the Autobots and Decepticons. This one, fleeting decision would decide whether or not a single life would expire, or thousands more. For if she chose to destroy the gate and free his army, all for the sake of protecting the life of one Autobot, it would mean that their greatest fears would come to pass. Countless lives had already been lost, and countless more would soon follow, but Equestria itself would be the one to lose everything. This nation would not survive a war between these two titans.

“I can't believe you're even thinkin' about this...just get out of here!!!”

Luna's head snapped back at Brawn, the former clawing his way forward inch by inch, digging his fingers into the ground and struggling to raise his upper half just to make eye contact with her. “Wait...don't tell me that this is more of that 'magic of friendship' slag Twilight was spoutin'?! Don't you get what's going on here?! THIS is war! This is what it's all about! Out here, it's scrap or BE scrapped! There's only one right choice to make here and you KNOW it!”

The desperation in his flickering optics was real. And judging from the resolve in his voice, this sort of situation was something he had experienced many times before. Luna slowly closed her eyes and stepped forward towards the gate, the glow in her horn intensifying even further. Megatron laughed evenly, satisfied with her decision. Brawn simply fell limp, no longer able to strain himself any further.

“Excellent. You have done well in not making an enemy of me.”

She stopped at the edge, lowering her head as her closed eyelids quivered ever so slightly. Taking another deep, cleansing breath, she replied, “Yes...I do believe I have made the correct choice.”

*FSSSHHHH*

Megatron's world went black as a beam of pure, concentrated magic collided against his face with the force of a thermo rocket, knocking out his optics and sending him flying several yards away. Luna flapped her wings a single time, soaring into the air and glaring down at the beast before her, no longer holding back her rage. “I should have done this the moment I gazed upon your despicable visage! As Princess of the night, it is my duty to protect Equestria from all that lurk in its shadows! I will NOT let you have your way, Megatron!”

Author's Note:

4/7/14 - Oh mah Celestia, how long have I been working on this? Well, too long to be exact...
Three more scenes after this one and I'll be done with this chapter. Assuming my works for the Writer's Training Grounds don't hold me up for another five weeks :/

Comments ( 24 )

Will the infamous Death Battle between Rainbow Dash and Starscream be referenced in this story?

4205008 Starscream wasn't part of the final Exodus off Cybertron, but he's still around. As for what I'm going to do with him, that's for a later date. I mean, I can't write a Transformers story and not involve him :ajsmug:

Do you plan on adding some of the multiplayer only characers like Ultra Magnus, Hound, Quake and Demolisher?

4207436 It depends on if the story needs them. There's a problem with involving too many characters in a narrative - not enough of them would get screen time, and as such, the reader doesn't have enough time to actually care about them and become attached. They would only be there to serve as plot fodder, and I can't have that :trixieshiftright:

4207799 Thats understandable. Though I was hoping you'd include Slipstream, I've always loved her.

5528547
Trust me, we're in the same boat ~
Edit: I just noticed that 11 dislikes just vanished into thin air :rainbowderp:
It's time to start working on this again!

hey are you ever going to finesh this becasue I really want to know were it is going to go I want to know when Optimus will get hier if trixi is still alive when Starscream and the Dinobot will come to equestria and what is wrong with luna.

7050591 It's been a long time coming, I know :ajsleepy:
You'll have to believe me when I say I really want to finish this story. My problem is that I'm typically overcome with copious amounts of apathy when it comes to my craft. I honestly haven't written anything in months, despite me wanting to finish another story of mine on this site. Rest assured, I consider this particular story my magnum opus, and even if it takes another two years, I'm going to finish it one way or another.
Also, since this is the very first story I've ever tried to write, it's filled with grammatical errors all over the place in the previous chapters. Need to get those fixed to make myself feel better :applejackunsure:

Comment posted by trulyoftheyard deleted Mar 24th, 2016

7058054 I've got the story planned out in my head for another 170k words. No spoilers ~

Comment posted by trulyoftheyard deleted Mar 26th, 2016

7059295 Ya know, as much as I would like to, I can't make any promises. Truth be told, nothing is stopping me from getting the next update out at the end of this weekend, nothing but my own apathy. When it comes to writing, I'm very slow, I'm very unmotivated, and honestly, I haven't written anything in maybe 6 months.

Though, I can tell how enthusiastic you are about my work. I'm not busy on Sundays, so I'll see if I can force myself to work on this once again.

Comment posted by trulyoftheyard deleted Mar 26th, 2016

I'm sure you must get comments like this a lot. But will there possibly be an update in the near future? I really want to see what happens with Twilight's new story arc.

7062774 Well, actually I don't get comments like this very often :derpytongue2:
Or at all really

Anyway, as I said below, I'm going to see what I can do about forcing myself to write on the weekends, starting this Sunday. It would be starting Saturday, but I've got 3 commitments I need to fulfill :twilightsheepish:

Comment posted by trulyoftheyard deleted May 18th, 2016
Comment posted by trulyoftheyard deleted May 18th, 2016

question do you talk Idea request from fans.

9363561
This story was one of the first things I had ever posted anywhere, without any edits, with little understanding of writing structure, ect. I'm no english major, in fact I once failed high school english class, so I did the best I could with what I knew at the time. If I were to write this scene again, I'd probably tweak dialogue a little, but I'm still happy with what I have as far as the narrative goes. I still appreciate you taking look at my story, however brief it may have been. Maybe I can actually come back to it once I stop being a procrastinating bastard :ajsleepy:

Will this continue?

I hope the story doesn't end here. It's a depressing note to have to leave on.

oi do more chapters

Will there be more

Login or register to comment