• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 2,692 Views, 65 Comments

The Legacy of Harmony - overlord-flinx



Older than Celestia herself, the Elements of Harmony were once in the care of the five most powerful beings known. This is the legacy of what they did to prepare the future to how it is now... 5000 years ago.

  • ...
2
 65
 2,692

Chapter Eight: Whooves. Prologue.

Buggeration... Fenix, honor his soul and bless his tactical mind, has no idea how horrid I am with these little sprouts. Dash it all if I would just dump the rug rats on Pallanen if Fenix wasn't watching me. If these two could just as well be like every other child in the world, I'd lecture them and have them off on a cheery way in two winks of a jammer's wig. But, no! Whooves can't have it his way, that way, free-way, half-way, all the way, or mid-way intersection. No. He has to teach the only two ponies that--. Buggeration...

Fenix understand my problem, I know... Curse it, he's a sharp one. Probably why he wants me to teach the little things in the first place. Seeing as we three'll be spending an eternity together...

Hm?

Sprockets and pears! Guess nobody really knows much about what keeps me with this pack of mismatches in the first place, huh? Suppose somebody could say I'm the realest and strangest oddity in our mixed bowl of nuts... Has the bowl been invented yet? Yes... Yes, it has. Of course. You see, unlike Surprise who is alive by her 'Faustian pact', or Pallanen's eternal bond with nature, or Fenix who feeds off the Sun, or Ban and his spiritual hold... I can't die.

No. Honestly. Try it. Chances are I've probably experienced the exact way you're thinking of killing me. It's not dark or macabre to think of it; I just can't die no matter how hard the world tries. I won't tire you with the wiggle-woggle or oogy-boogy of how it works, but just understand that I'm old, young, middle age, and whatever else all at once. I see the past, I see the future, I've walked with the centurions as much as I've danced with the descendants. I'm as old as dirt but as fresh as a daisy.

And, for as long as I've lived, died, and watched this world go back and forth... I've never met anything that can live with me. That was until Fenix came to me and offered me this chance... The bloke was crazy I thought. Elements of Harmony? That wouldn't solve my problems. But... He solved it, didn't he? He found the only two creatures in the world that will live as long as me...

...I don't want to go and meet them. I'm scared...

Author's Note:

This is a prologue because Whooves story will be very, very long...

Comments ( 7 )

I can guess who Whooves is.

Hmm, interesting. I already knew about the Doctor's... 'prolonged existence', but he never stroke me as a person who'd feel insecure if he encountered another inmortal being:unsuresweetie:... then again, I know nothing about Doctor Who:twilightsheepish:. It'll be an interesting chapter nonetheless:pinkiesmile:.

3201338 It has nothing to do with Doctor Who. I reworked the character to be something more... interesting, in my eyes at least.

wow. i'm interested to see where you go with this character!:twilightsmile:

Please update this soon!

Need update...

Login or register to comment