• Published 1st Jan 2013
  • 3,962 Views, 35 Comments

The Royal Rainbow - ALICORN_RAINBOWDASH



RD has been born an alicorn, and she's very confused about life in general.

  • ...
15
 35
 3,962

Ch. 5

As the foursome galloped toward Sweet Apple Acres, they heard a distant booming sound of a western mare’s laugh, accompanied by the high pitch squeaking of another mare. Dash flew low, steadily flapping her wings, and hovering over the three fillies, her shadow engulfing them.

Scootaloo looked up, eyes full of awe like the day she first met her, even though it was that morning, it felt like ages ago. Dash smiled, and the filly returned it. The orange pony looked back to the dirt path on which she was traveling.

“We’re here!” cried Applebloom, as she sped over to Applejack. Sweetie trotted over to Rarity and hugged her. Scootaloo looked at Dash, and walked over to the sisters.

“Hey AJ, Rarity, we have something to show you.” Scootaloo said. The mare’s looked over at Scootaloo, and then traveling up to meet Dash’s eyes. Both of their eyes widened.

“Oh my!” Applejack exclaimed. Rarity nodded, “Oh my indeed!” She said, studying Dash.

“Who might you be?” questioned Rarity, “If I may, that is.” Dash laughed, she smiled at the mares,

“Oh no, I don't mind. I’m Rainbow Dash, me and Scootaloo we were hanging out with each other today, and she told me about you two.” Dash said, glancing at each of them, then down at Scoot. Scootaloo smiled, and Rainbow rustled her mane.

“Well, then,” Applejack said, “Ya’ll are always welcome here. You want some apple cider? Or maybe some apple pie?” Dash smiled, “Sure! I’d love that.” The six ponies turned and trotted up toward the main barn, slowing as they got near. Applejack opened the door and held for the other 5 ponies, closing it behind them.

“GRANNY SMITH, BIG MACINTOSH! GET YER’ PONY HIDES DOWN HERE, WE GOT GUESTS!” She took a breath and smiled apologetically, “Sorry ya’ll, didn’t mean blow yer’ drums.” She pointed to the large mahogany table with her hoof.

“Ya’ll can sit there, Ah’ll go get the apple cider while Granny and Mac gets the pie ready.” Applejack said, as two more ponies came down the stairs. A large red stallion was first to appear, he helped an older light green mare down. As the stallion, Big Macintosh, turned, his eyes widened. He was quiet for a moment, as if not sure what to say the rainbow-maned alicorn sitting in one of the chairs.

“H-Hi, ma’am.” He stuttered, his voice deep. Dash smiled, “Hello there, Mac, I’m Rainbow Dash.” She replied, “Do you need any help?” He shook his head. “Nope.” He smiled, and walked out.

“So, Rainbow Dash, what’s it like living in the castle? I mean, I’ve been there before, and stayed a week, but that was in the guestrooms. And why have we never seen you at school? It’s senior year, the last school year ever.” Rarity asked looking at Dash quizzically. Dash glanced at Scootaloo and then at her.

“Well, Rarity, the castle is pretty awesome, it has a great view from my room and a mare delivers each meal. And why you haven’t seen me before, is because I was born only a few days ago.” Dash said, hoping Rarity understood. Rarity nodded, “Yes I guess I can see that about the castle, but the whole born only a few days ago? I’m not sure.” Dash sighed.

“Well, Celestia said that it’s a mystery the pony scientists are trying to find out.” Rarity pondered this for a moment. “Yes, I have an idea too. My friend, Twilight Sparkle, is a exceptionally smart pony, and maybe she could find out something.” Dash nodded. The aura of her horn came to life, magically spawning a small piece of paper and a quill. She scribbled something down quickly and floated it to the graceful unicorn. “Okay, maybe another day. Here’s of the number of my room phone, call whenever.” Dash smiled, admiring the pretty unicorn. “Okay.” She said as Applejack returned.

“Ah got yall’s cider!” She exclaimed, holding a pitcher of golden juice. “Rar, would ya be a dear and get some glasses for all of us? Granny and Mac too.” Rarity smiled, “Of course, AJ!” Her horn come to life, it opened the mahogany cupboard and pulled out eight glasses, placing them in front of all the ponies. AJ carefully poured hot cider into each, having just enough for everypony.

Before AJ even sat down, Granny and Mac came in with a large steaming pie. Mac placed the pie in the middle of the large table, and helped Granny into the tall chair. AJ looked at Rainbow, “Would ya like to cut the pie?” AJ said holding the pizza cutter in her hand. “Sure, I’d love to.” Dash said lifting the cutter magically. She delicately cut the pie in eight slices as Rarity placed plates. Rainbow put a slice of the hot apple pie in front of everpony.

They all dug into the pie, Dash loved it, she had never tasted apples or, for that matter, apple pie. She finished first, stifling a large burp. Looking around, she noticed she was the only one done.

Locating Applejack, she smiled, “Wow Applejack, I’ve never had apple pie, actually, I’ve never even had apples!” Applejack’s eyes went wide. “What.” She paused, pondering the statement, “Are ya pullin’ mah leg? What ponies never had an apple?” Dash sighed, and told everypony the story about how she was born and all, and they just stared.

"Darling," Rarity paused, not sure what to say, "Are you sure? You didn't hit your head or anything? That's quite, er, different." AJ pondered it for a moment.

"Ah'm not entirely sure how it makes sense, but Ah guess it has ta." Applejack added, “Well shoot Rainbow, ya shoulda came ta me a lot sooner with this whole apple thing! Ah'm sure ya can see Sweet Apple Acres from ya castle room! And Ah'll whip ya up some nice fritters next time for sure!" Applejack smiled pleasantly. Rainbow return the smile gladly.

"Yeah, I can see Sweet Apple Acres from my room and I would love to eat "fritters" soon, anytime works for me!" Dash also scribbled down her number for her castle room and glanced out the window.

"Boy, it's getting late, I better head back to the castle. I'll see you guys around?" Dash said sighing slightly since she didn't really want to leave. She just realized the girls were absent from their chairs, and her heart sunk a little. 'I didn't even get to say goodbye to Scootaloo!

"Well Ah'm sure ya'll be hearin' from me soon." Applejack replied swishing her long tail behind her.

"And also from me darling! I'll help you style your mane to look dashing!" The three mares laughed at Rarity's pun and said their farewells. Rainbow Dash walked out into the cold night, spread her massive wings, and darted away into the night sky.

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry these are taking so long to come out with such short chapters! My schoolwork and parents' divorce is very hard to get time to write! Please be patient!!

Comments ( 23 )

You know, every now and then, I need a break from writing my own fics and reading all of those intense epics that keep making the featured secion(as well as those that don't.), and have a nice light read. Thank you for providing me something to take a break with. :twilightsmile:

2365473

what this guy said

but srsly dash is always gay everywhere
always
fillyfoolerforever

on the other hand this story has alicorn rainbow and apparently will have best pony so i will watch it

2365547
Very true, RD is the first one you look at and think "FILLY-FOOLER 4 LYF" Im Glad you like it too parasprite :twilightsmile:

I can't do this, the story is poorly written and the story itself is stupid. And then there is the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with :rainbowhuh:. That is what bothers me the least, it could just be a misplaced tag, but you really need to rewrite everything. I recommend taking this down until you can have a proper version that should actually be seen by others.

2367715
Another fact is, this is my first story and i enjoy writing it, I don't really care about your opinion or you could be at least nicer about your feedback...

2369148
Any story that is well written no matter how enervating the plot deserves some level of recognition, the same goes for any great idea that is poorly presented.
I think what irritates me the most, which I think is of least concern to your story, is the fact that it was presented as an alicorn Rainbow fic, despite the fact that the main character is an OC, not just Dash with a horn.
We normally don't have quality control in our group but I simply cannot deem that this story has anything to do with Alicorn Rainbow.

I will give you one chance to defend why this shouldn't be removed from the group.

2369233
The Alicorn Rainbow group, I invited you to join yesterday. That invitation still stands. And I am sorry if I came on as a bid of a jerk, I tend to do that sometimes. Your story just, well needs work, you can keep the plot, even if I don't quite understand it, but the form (the presentation) really needs improvements.
Now the reason why I talked about the group is because you seem like the kind of user that would like a group such as ours and it is always a good idea to have a story in a groups archive. It is one of the best ways to promote a story when it's not popular enough to get featured and even if it is, it won't be in the feature box forever but it will be in the archives forever so groups are really a great way to get readers to your story as they are for people with similar interests.
Once again I apologize for coming on as a jerk. I sometimes become a bit more confrontational then I ought to.
Ps. Some people also tend to call me a cockhead, I don't know what they can be referring to:rainbowderp:

2369266
I'm also sorry, I've been kinda hot-headed as of late, parent divorces never leave you the same. Anyway, this is something for fun, so if it pleases me, i'm happy with it. As for the group, I'll think about it. :twilightsmile:

2369291
Åh man, that sucks there is nothing worse then the breakup of holy matrimony. I don't know what to say, I'm sorry

2369401
No need to say anything, thanks though.

2452388

Hehe, glad you like, and i try :)

2452417

Thanks, I've been trying to cope with it different ways (emo once, never again) and thanks for your kindness. And i also hope you get through it too.

2452457

That's good, yeah, same with my dad. I tried to replicate what my dad did to my mom in my Scootaloo fic, but VERY tame.

2452483
Yeah, the problem is i loved my dad when he wasn't drunk or beating me for no good reason. He was such a good dad when he wasn't do all that. I made the mistake of punching him once, ill message you what he did.

Why have I only just seen this is the Alicorn Rainbow group!!???

2525554

Hehe, im not sure but thanks for the fav!

:rainbowdetermined2: Awesome Story Love it and Fav. it.

To be honest, pacing is beyond bad, the plot is quite scattered, the other plot looks nice (hehe lol), and I have no idea where you plan on going with this. But it is somewhat interesting, so I think I will follow it...

Login or register to comment