• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 744 Views, 9 Comments

The Arising Cartoon Pony - Darkonshadows



Screwball and Kazooie travel the video game realms. Screwball learns to be a cartoon character. Chaos breaks loose, then gets bored and joins them. Derpy doesn't have a clue what could go wrong or how she got involved.

  • ...
2
 9
 744

Epilogue: The Light Prognosticus

They were all sitting at the base of Spiral Mountain waiting for the goomba who had arrive with a look of consternation on her face to do something. She simply slapped a book to the ground in front of Kazooie.

“Kazooie I don’t know how you managed to set this up, but this book wanted me to steal it and it said so itself.” Goombella was miffed, stealing this book had been a walk in the park and only because the book wanted to be stolen. Goombella really didn’t want to steal the book, but it wanted her to take it here so here it was. She wouldn’t admit it, but she had found camaraderie with the book and she knew of problems entailing sentient books, so it would never work out between them and they should just stay friends.

“A book, that’s what’s going to get us home? What does it do?” Lyra was interested in the book for obvious reasons, she watched as Kazooie picked it up.

“This is not just any book, it’s the Light Prognosticus. It is a magical book that says what someone can do but it will never tell you what will come of taking said action. It was previously made to destroy dark prophecies, nowadays it’s used as reference guide for generally good ideas. Here I’ll demonstrate it for you; I’ve always wanted to know one very important question about my personal life and it’s why I tried to steal it previously. The book prevented me from stealing it last time by making sure it was lost for a period of time long enough that I’d become bored with the idea of stealing it.” It was clear that Kazooie was annoyed at the presence of the book, but the book glowed anyway as it had an answer to an important question Kazooie had always wanted to know.

Opening the book, Kazooie read what was inside. She quickly dropped the book and backed away like it was made of anti-matter. In essence she jumped a good thirty feet backwards with the use of stretched legs. Kazooie was now cowering far away from the book, Screwball made her way over to Kazooie to make sure her mother was okay.

Banjo being the brave bear he was picked it up and read what Kazooie had always wanted to know.

“A butterfly shall flap its wings, you need eventually to fix the broken and it will begin the healing of many things.” Banjo didn’t read it out loud; he looked at the passage below the one he just read and then closed the book. “Banjo shall close the book without thinking too much about this.”

Banjo understood why Kazooie had that reaction to the answer she sought. She’s been fixing all kinds of things her entire life, as much as she broke them in the first place. It’s basically telling her to stay the course, though the thought of a butterfly flapping its wings was never a good sign for anything.

After taking a moment to ask his own silent question the book flashed and Banjo opened it.

“The power of ‘opening the way’ will be of great use to you soon.” Banjo smiled in understanding, so he closed the book and passed it off to Lyra’s magic.

Lyra closed her eyes and asked the book mentally with all of her might how they were going to get back to Equestria, the book flashed and she opened it to read it out loud for all to hear.

“No need to shout, seek the heart of a world out. You’ll find it ‘Over There’.” Lyra was now looking around frantically for what the book meant. “What does it mean I’ll find it over there? Over where, I don’t see a portal opening up anywhere around here.”

Goombella blinked once and then she had a huge grin on face, she knew what the book meant and she knew where they had to go.

“Eureka! We’ve got it; I know how to get to Equestria now. At least it doesn’t require me to follow a magical map this time. All you need to do is to get prepared Kazooie and we can go whenever you… want.” Her joy was short lasting, Goombella noticed the state Kazooie was in and made her way over to start comforting her too alongside Screwball.

“This doesn’t make any sense… but as long as you know what it means then okay. I can wait a few more days.” Closing the book Lyra reopened it. After asking it a slightly more personal question, Lyra reopened the book when it gave off the signature glow. “You can’t eat your yogurt without a spoon, your Bon-bon is still positively over the moon, especially with worry that her love isn’t coming home anytime soon. The action you should take is to listen and wait. Patience young mare will see you through.”

Lyra sighed; she passed the book off to the nearest being which was Derpy who decided to ask it a question.

“Of course I’ll be your friend; you will be eating muffins till your end. I have no guidance to give on this as you already know what actions to take. Hand me to the one named Retch.” Derpy clapped her cheerily hooves and closed the book and carried it over to the Mizar Ant in question. “I think it wants to answer a question for you.”

Retch asked a simple question for the likes of her, upon opening the book she was quite surprised by the response. She soon stood up and handed it off to Honey and squealed that she had something to do.

“Now I’ve got to ask, what’s the best way to keep you safe yet will be easily retrievable for the foreseeable future when I or others will need you the most.” Honey was pretty clever for an NPC, the response had her giving a nod and flying off. She didn’t return with the book, but she did see that Banjo was bear hugging his sister close to himself.

They all knew the book didn’t tell the future, but it must have been some revelation to get the annoying jerk that was the resident breeding seagull to be quiet and sad like that. Oh who was she kidding even if Kazooie called her wasp a million times she was still that bird’s friend.

Standing on Spiral Mountain holding the book, Chaos Zero held the book in his claw formed hand and it flashed. Out of curiosity Chaos opened the book, having been wondering what he should be doing.

“You’re best course of action is to sow chaos and reap harmony.” Were the only words the book had in it at the moment and Chaos tilted his head idly, before sloshing questioningly.

The book was definitely safe, now that it was protected by chaos itself.

Soon things in Equestria were about to get really bizarre.

Game Over, YEAH! (Cymbal clashing noise was heard.)

Author's Note:

I'm done with this story, have been since No Dust Left.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment