• Published 31st Dec 2012
  • 4,625 Views, 53 Comments

When The Moon Is Full - bricann



Who is Twilight Sparkle? Does anypony know?

  • ...
9
 53
 4,625

Chapter 2: Will You Accept My Friendship?

When The Moon Is Full
Chapter 2: Will You Accept My Friendship?

Twilight grinned, 'I will finally be with my mother. Just a few more measly minutes.'

Princess Celestia felt something and stopped mid sentence in her speech. She backed up a few hooves (1 hoof = 2 feet) and off the terrace.

"Princess Celestia? What's wrong?" Mayor Mare asked, she was genuinely concerned.

"I... I'm not sure," Princess Celestia said and went back to her speech but not completely on the terrace. She had felt something coming and still had the feeling.

Princess Celestia carried on with her speech. But, in the same while of her speech she thought, 'I feel... no it's not possible. But what I feel coming is Dark Magic! But there is some in the room. But, how? Who would have dark magic living within them?'

As soon as Celestia finished her speech and was about to raise the sun, a black lightning bolt burst into the room. It was strange because a lightning bolt would have destroyed the terrace, but it didn't.

As fast as the lightning bolt hit, a cloud of smoke emerged along with a dangerous being that was ready for night time eternal. Nightmare Moon. With her appearance a grin was placed upon her face and stared down at her daughter. but not direct. For she would be revealed if it were direct.'With my daughter at my side, we will be unstoppable and rule together!'

"Oh my precious subjects, it has been so long since I have seen your precious, sun-loving faces." at Nightmare Moon's voice, every pony was cowering or cuddling each other for comfort. It was cruel sounding and terrifying to all who heard it. Almost all.

The only one not cowering was Twilight. This was causing confused looks for some ponies. Other ponies were too busy cowering to pay attention to one pony. All the ponies who did notice seemed to think the same thing, 'Why is she not afraid?'

"What are you doing here?" Princess Celestia asked.

"I think you can answer that." Nightmare Moon said sarcastically. The next thing she said, she said with a grin. "Plus now that I have somepony new at my side..."

This infuriated the princess, "Who?"

"Why, she was at your side all the time and you never even knew it. Did you not recall her living for a thousand years? Not a single unicorn can live for that long." Nightmare Moon grinned.

"You're not saying..." Celestia looked down at her faithful student. She had an evil grin upon her face. "No, that's impossible. She is a unicorn that was good to me and others her entire life."

"And how do you know she wasn't acting? I had come to her in her dreams, reminded her of every little thing. I also warned her to wait until I arrived to show or tell her true self. For we all know what you of done. Now, Shimmer Eclipse, show everyone in Ponyville your true self." Nightmare Moon grinned.

Her horn magic was usually a pink aura, in which was to hide her true color. This time, she didn't hide it. It glowed a dark blue aura. In a flash of light her true appearances were revealed.

Every pony stared while Princess Celestia's jaw dropped, she soon fixed that to where it was normal. Twilight flew up onto the terrace next to her mother. "My name is no longer Twilight Sparkle. My true name is Shimmer Eclipse. And Nightmare Moon is my mother!" Dark Side Moon grinned. Everypony gasped in terror.

"Why would you hide such a thing? I would never have killed you." Celestia said.

"Ha! Speak for yourself, you would of. I have a scarce amount of dark magic inside me. That would terrify you and lead you to one horrible conclusion. To kill me." Shimmer Eclipse snapped back and gave a wicked grin.

"I can see you know who you truly are.You're not going to let me to banish your mother again. I can also see that you are never going to let me banish you." Celestia looked down solemnly.

"No pony wants to be banished. Nor does any pony want to be killed. So warning my daughter of your actions of the past saved her." Nightmare Moon snapped.

"I know that... I am sorry I banished you. If you give up your dreams of everlasting night, I am sure we can work this out. I will never harm you or Twi... Shimmer Eclipse." Celestia corrected. "I am sure we can work together and get out of this predicament. Just give up your hatred, give up your dreams of everlasting night. I know there are ponies who use the night as a way to give them hope. Please, accept my friendship."

Nightmare Moon and Shimmer Eclipse looked at each other both thinking the same thing. But when they were just about to say their answer, a dark blue wisp of dark magic escaped from Shimmer Eclipse and even Nightmare Moon, making both them faint.

Author's Note:

I am so sorry for this being short. I couldn't think of a lot of stuff to write. Once again, my apologies for how short it is.

Comments ( 43 )

My apologies if this isn't the best it hasn't been edited yet. But it will be as soon as possible. Once again i am sorry if this isn't my best. I just wanted to try something. This is also a very short story for it only have a least 5 chapters that I have planned so far. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it!:twilightsmile:

1878423 I would really like to know the answers so I can fix them and make the story better for everyone...:pinkiesad2:

Wait a minute. Didn't I read this same story like yesterday? The names have been changed but I know I already read this before. Explain yourself!

1878495 You probably read one similar. This is my first time writing a story like this one. I never thought about it until a week ago. I didn't copy anything. But I was inspired to do it but a guy named Field_Marshal_Luna... Maybe you read a story by him. I don't know. This is my first version of Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle. My other alternate universe is a remake of the Canterlot Wedding but nothing else... Sorry I really didn't mean to copy anything. I got permission from the Field_Marshal_Luna to use a couple of his ideas but I reworded them. So yeah. There are a ton of stories like this though. maybe you are thinking of a different author.:twilightblush:

Yeah, I looked up FML's name, and sure enough it was him. But your work is too similar if people can confuse the two. Differentiate it a little, make it less of a copy. You have a paragraph of weird foster kid Twilight that could be its own chapter if you let it.

1878576 Oh there are reasons why I made that one section, and section and not a chapter. Also, trust me on this, our ways to go about the story will be different. They will...

In the process of editing the first chapter, but here's a better description:

Many ponies know the story. The story of Nightmare Moon. They don't know all about her dark past. Knowledge aged a thousand years is being unearthed. The one digging learns a life changing secret and a forgotten past threatens her new life.

Who is Twilight Sparkle?

Also, Happy New Years and stuff. Wrote this with a three legged kitten on my lap.

1880768 Yes and thank you for some of the ideas. You see there won't be a lot of chapters in this but I have it all planned out and I think it will shock you. That is why I didn't make the one part of twilight growing up bigger. Because it isn't really much in the story. And remember in this story Twilight isn't the real Twilight we know from the show so... she might see the dreams as a fact as she does in the story. But anyway. Thank you so much for your ideas and comment. Thank you again!:twilightsmile:

Am revamping this on Google drive; I'm changing a lot.

1881201 wait mine version or your own?:facehoof: If mine send it so I can fix it.:twilightsheepish:

1881416 I copied and pasted yours

1881432 can you send me it so I can change my story to make it better?:pinkiesad2:

This actually looks very, Very close to 'Child of the Night'.........why is that so?

1889984 well I got inspiration out of it so I asked the author if I could use some of his ideas some as the story goes on it will be a bit different. But it is not going to be very long. Sorry if that is a bit bad of me to use some of his ideas. I am not the best write in the world...

Obvious take off from the "Child of the Night" but the changes you made DO make it its own story. I like it so far, and I can't wait to see where you take it! (as long as it doesn't go the same way as "Child of the Night")

Keep up the good work!

A pretty nice fanfiction, though the writing is a tad awkward. It feels as though it is moving too fast, in my opinion. It just feels as though it snaps from one characters thoughts to another, I think it would be nice if there was some kind of break, something small happening such as describing how ponies are reacting to all that's going on. While your description of the crowd's reaction was adequate, I feel like they could have been participating a bit more throughout the story.
That's all I could think of right now. Hope some of this is usefull and that I don't come across as a know-it-all or something.

Have a pleasant day peoples.

Seems nice, I'm looking forward the next chapter :twilightsmile:

1908033 my friend fixed it so I can't take everything. I was just the one with the storyline and the first draft.

1908406 NAmara my editor chnged it I will fix it.

1908033 I am sorry about that I didn't do anything like breaking between thoughts. I would of but I couldn't think of anything. Even if I did, my editor probably would of changed it like she changed a lot of things in this story. Sorry again that I didn't have breaks between thoughts. But thank you for your input.:twilightsmile:

"Dark Side Moon grinned."

wat

1910231 i will fix that.

would of

Ehh... and this again... how is this even possible to make this mistake... I dunno, I'm not from an English speaking country, so it's probably accents that mess up.
Strangely enough, you make this mistake in one sentence and in the one immediately before you have correct 'would have' version.
Yaaaaawn... goodness, 3AM already?
No wonder I sound so rude... sorry...
In all seriousness though, it's "would have". "would of" is wrong. Who even started this error is beyond me.
And yes, I know nobody cares... but I do!
Night, Y'all...:ajsleepy:

Edit:
Seriously? Can't scale the quote bar down so it stops after the quote? What the hay?

1881560 Still, it follows it almost to par but other than that I like the story:twilightsmile:

Twilight status; Killed off.

HMMM! watching where this will go

1971058 nice to know!:twilightsmile:

1995263 I know it does and all it was was a idea that i just decided to put down. It is nothing big like the story, This Day Has Been Just Perfect so I am just doing this for fun and not as much to do it for large value. sorry if i disappointed a lot of you.

Comment posted by BoundlessImagination deleted Feb 2nd, 2013

2059944 Well my friend edited it I just wrote stuff down, I even got Field_Marshall_Luna's permission to use some of his ideas first before I had written anything down. But, my friend edited this so I play no part.

2062200 except writing it

2059944 I DID give her permission mate:applejackunsure::applejackunsure:

2133595 Thanks Field_Marshall_Luna!

hope you update this soon

3260330 Thanks but it may be a bit. While your waiting I gave permission for somebody else to continue this in their own way. Just search it and I think you may like her style better than mine but, you are always welcome to read mine over and over if you so choose.

Very good, but what happened there at the end?
Whaaaaaat????????
:rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh:

Its great the way it is...

Nice chapter. That dark magic that escaped, is it the embodiment of Nightmare Moon? Meaning Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna separate and Shimmer Eclipse and Twilight Sparkle who has gained a life of her own (still an immortal alicorn however) separate, into separate beings. Then you could have the new forms try to retake control before being defeated.

Login or register to comment