• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 10,986 Views, 78 Comments

Together at Last - Cereal



Twilight Sparkle and her brother Shining Armor enjoy alone time in a secluded cottage.

  • ...
39
 78
 10,986
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 16 )

why do i have the feeling something is going come of this?

It was very lovely chapter. :heart:
And ending... mmm... :twilightsmile:

4070073
Why do I get the feeling Shining and Twi aren't the only siblings going to be getting sweaty together in this fic?

Nitpick:

Ethereal Dreamer stated that there were only accurate less than ten percent of the time.

That probably should be: "they"

While I like the plot progression, there are two things that are bugging me about this chapter:

- Repetition. Words and phrases are being reused, often very close together. The other chapters had such varied language and description that this chapter feels a little off.

- Cadance's attitude. “Remember what you said you learned? About Twilight being in the lead with her recovery?” While this is the right attitude for Cadance to have, it's not what she had before.

Chapter 4: "Excellent. Don't forget, this is the most important step. You've got to start weaning her off the moment she loosens her attachment to you. She'll see reason then and be open to discussion." That sounds very much like giving direction. And it's reinforced with Shining's thought: "Cadance would be upset, but she'd get over it." when he doesn't follow through with that plan. Cadance didn't sound like she was letting Twilight lead her own treatment before.

There just seems like a bit of a mismatch between what Cadance was at the beginning of the story and what she is now.

That said, I do like this story and I hope to see more of it. :twilightsmile: I love a good romance and the clop is wonderfully written.

4093401
Maybe Cadance and Shining just discussed it in background and Cadance rethinked whole situation.

4093401
First off, thanks for the reply and critiques, this one and the previous ones.
Point one: I took another pass through Chapter six after rereading some previous chapters to see what you meant. I think I got it, but I'm not sure. The varied language/detail is hard to recognize for me. If you ever find the time, could you give me an example from the chapter that I might see what you're referring to?

Point Two: This is one of the things I worked out in my head but forgot to write into the story. Oops. Thanks for pointing it out, will fix soon.

4095608
This isn't too far from the point, in the sense that it "happened" off screen. It should be in the story, though. I don't want readers getting confused about Cadance's character. I'll put it in soon.

4069599
:heart::heart:

4070073
Not sure what you mean by this.

4072192
I'm glad you liked it! It was a tough one to write, so it's good to know that it paid off.

4079868
I don't want to get anypony's hopes about what will or won't happen, so you'll just have to wait and see. :raritywink:

4084064
Nitpick's are good! Especially when one doesn't have an editor to catch them prior to release.

4097726 i mean trouble either socially or physically. like others finding out, them not being able to part on good terms or un bebe

Love this fic, and I know it's probably unlikely to continue at this point, but one thing is bugging me: Twilight and Shinings relationship. I get this is an incest fic, not that I mind, but I'm curious: how did their relationship become, well, sexual? I get the need for Shining to feel closer to Twilight in order to help her mentally, but that doesn't mean he needed to sleep with her, or to reciprocate her feelings of wanting something more than a familial relationship. As much as he want to deny it, Shining Armor, perhaps only subconsciously, loves his sister as more than just his sister. Yet, I'm still curious as how he got to this point. Why he thought that acting on the subconscious emotions would help Twilight. Did they start dating? Or are they purely on a "family with benefits" status? Did he start loving her physically to form the emotional attachment, or for the emotional release? It's all very intriguing how this got started.

... hello? this fic still alive? *pokes fic with a stick*

Is this fic still going or what???

Offline for 88 weeks. Pretty sure it's dead.

plz continue this!!!!

Login or register to comment