• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 4,276 Views, 100 Comments

Darkness Rising - SkyHighFlyer



When Fluttershy discover's Twilights secret, she and her friends become involved one of the darker parts of Equestria and it's past.

  • ...
28
 100
 4,276

Epilogue

One month later...

Covered by a dark grey cloak, Twilight shifted through the shadows of the city, keeping a sharp watch for any guards that might be looking for suspicious ponies prowling the streets at night.

Twisting through the alleyways, she saw the occasional city guard peering nervously around corners or glancing behind them to make sure they weren’t being followed. Ponies were now being advised to stay indoors at night for their own safety, adding to the ominous feeling of silent, empty streets.

She stepped out of an alley and turned down an empty street, stopping in front of an all too familiar wanted poster. With a slightly mischievous smile, she lit her horn and the poster was engulfed by a black flame. With the poster gone, she moved on, even as her mind wandered to its unspoken meaning.

War was coming, and there was nothing anypony could do to stop it.

Author's Note:

It's long overdue, but this marks the end of Darkness Rising. I posted the final thoughts and authors notes for the story separately, they can be found here.:pinkiehappy:

PS:Yes, there are plans for a sequel at some point in the future, see the afore mentioned blog post for more info.

Comments ( 9 )

Celestia you fu.............. just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :flutterrage: :flutterrage: :flutterrage: :flutterrage:. now to wait patiently for tha sequel!! :yay:

Sequel!!!!!!

I find this song fitting.

I hope there's gonna be a sequel.

5892725 Honestly I would feel desiapointed in the author if this didn't go any further. I mean leaving it off at the second to last chapter would have been fine end if there wasn't going to be a sequal. But with this epilogue chapter it has a set up for another arc and would be a complete waste if not used

5893158
5894967

Oops, I meant to add that to the authors notes this morning, but it looks like I only saved part of it. Yes, there are plans for a sequel, but not in the immediate future.

A on the whole enjoyable ride, but it's rather blatant most of the conflicts and plot-treads are going into a sequel.

So I get why, but I'd personally preferred at least a few more things resolved this time around.

just finsih read this one and got to say great fic,
i do hope things will work out, that the mane 6 stay friend and help each other out.

I'm in the progreess of reading this story.
The general premise of the story, the flow and how it is written is all well and good, for the most part.

The big thing that throws me off and almost keeps me from continuing however is the consistency:

One the one hand twilight knew what she was for ages now, on the other it's like she is also just getting into this aspect of her identity and still has much to learn. Would'nt she have leraned to behave inconspicuous by now when she delved further into dark magic? Twilight behaves like this aspect of her identity is completely new to her at times, especially in the first chapter.
Another point is that they all are trying so hard to keep their secrets hidden, on the other the let a pony, one that they don't know, that just learned about the existence of vampires go on with her life just like that.
Inconsistencies like this - mainly ones derived from my first point - crop up again and again...
Also some aspects of vampirism are taken for grantet and just mentioned in passing, such as not needing to breath - which is not consistent in many vampire settings. It would have benifited the story to explore them more deeply, for instance how Fluttershy deals with it. When has she learned about that, anyway? Maybe it could have been explored by scenes where Twilight teachs her about stuff like that...

Still, the story is interesting enough for me to continue for now. It doesn't show up in any of the typical vampire groups....

A good story, i hope it will not be left alone here.

Login or register to comment