• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 13,973 Views, 248 Comments

My Little Pony: Dueling is Magic! - Wolfgang



Yusei Fudo appears in Equestria and is given the task of saving it from an ancient enemy!

  • ...
13
 248
 13,973

The Future of Man! Stardust Dragon vs. Darkness Neosphere

Author’s Note: I had originally planned to have one last duel at the end, but then decided to just end the story and send Yusei home. I'm happy with what I've got here. I don't think I need to do anything more.

The last chapter ended up being longer than I expected, but I guess that worked out for the better. This chapter will be where I make my last stand against Darkness. It’s not just the characters in the story anymore. This is me. Stardust Dragon may be Yusei’s Ace, but it means so much more to me.

For better or worse, it’ll be over after this. I know what I want, and I know how I want this to end. I intend to fight for it. I’m a wuss. I don’t have the strength to fight. But I’m going to fight anyway. Because I don’t want to believe I’m alone. I don’t want to believe that the World of Darkness would be better. I want to believe that I can create a future that would make me happy. I want to believe that my choices are real, and that I have the power to make my life what I want it to be. This is my way of fighting for that.

Thank you all for fighting with me.

/*********************

“I’ll never give up on my friends, Darkness!” said Yusei. “The bonds I’ve forged with them are too precious and too strong!”

“Yusei’s right,” said Twilight.

“Yeah!” said Dash. “When friends are together, they can do the impossible!”

“They can find hope when there’s none left,” said Applejack.

“They can inspire each other when they cannot go on,” said Rarity.

“They help us see that we can try again,” said Fluttershy.

“They make us laugh when the whole world is gray and dull and flat!” laughed Pinkie Pie.

“When your friends need you, you find the the strength to be there for them,” said Twilight. “That’s the kind of magic that’s more powerful than anything. That is the magic of friendship!”

“You won’t win this duel, Darkness,” said Yusei, “not while I’ve got my friends with me! I end my turn!”

Life Point Count
Darkness: 4000
Yusei: 3000

“My turn,” growled Darkness as a card materialized in its skeletal right hand. “You have forgotten the full power of Darkness Neosphere. Not only am I allowed to check my face-down cards, but I can rearrange all face-down cards as I see fit. You have only three thousand Life Points, Yusei Fudo, so I will use Zero and Infinity to end this duel once and for all.”

“You won’t get that chance, Darkness,” said Yusei. “During your Standby Phase, the effect of Darkness Seed activates! Two turns ago, you Released it to summon Darkness Bramble. And now it’s time for Darkness Seed to come back!”

“How will that stop me from using Darkness Neosphere’s effect?” Darkness asked.

“It’ll stop you by letting me activate Majestic Star Dragon’s other effect!” said Yusei. “By Releasing it when you activate a card or effect, I can negate that activation and destroy every card on your field!”

“What?!” Majestic Star Dragon flew up into the air and stretched its wings to stop. Then it tucked its wings back in and dove straight for Darkness Neosphere. It collided with the abomination and the force of the explosion swept away all of Darkness’ cards. Once the dust and smoke had cleared, Yusei saw that Darkness’ wings had returned to their original gray color.

“You will pay for that, son of Dr. Fudo,” said Darkness. Its eyes flashed red and the creature roared. Powerful winds kicked up, pushing Yusei and the others toward the ledge behind them. Discord yawned and snapped his fingers. The wind was still blowing- they could see it pushing against the trees- but it moved around them. The wind eventually died down, but Darkness’ eyes remained red.

“It is still my turn. I do not care about this world. Every dimension will eventually fall to the darkness, but the world of man is the key! I activate Bait Doll from my hand!” A small voodoo doll appeared and rushed toward Yusei, raising its left arm which had a nail stuck through it. “Bait Doll forces the activation of a face-down Trap Card, but negates and destroys it if its activation conditions cannot be met. I will destroy your Scrap-Iron Scarecrow!”

Yusei’s Trap started to flip up, but was stopped when a giant hammer appeared above it and smashed it into the ground. Scrap-Iron Scarecrow was destroyed, and the doll and hammer disappeared.

“You have nothing left to defend you, Yusei,” Darkness remarked. “I summon Darkness Necroslime, and sacrifice it to revive Darkness Neosphere! Be reborn, O envoy of judgment!”

A black blob oozed out of the cracks in the stonework of the roof and formed itself into abhorrence of Darkness Neosphere.

Darkness Neosphere
ATK/4000
LV 10

“Darkness Neosphere, attack Yusei directly!” bellowed Darkness. With a sickening crack, Darkness Neosphere’s head spun completely around. Its hair parted and revealed the giant side-turned eye on the back of its head. The eye fired a violet beam at Yusei.

“I play the Trap ‘Synchro Spirits’!” said Yusei. “By removing Majestic Star Dragon from my Graveyard, I can Special Summon the monsters I used to summon it! I summon Stardust Dragon, Majestic Dragon, and Sonic Chick in Defense Mode!” Yusei smiled as all three monsters appeared before him.

“That will not stop me from destroying you, Yusei!” Darkness replied. “From my hand, I activate the Quick-Play Spell ‘Enemy Controller’ to switch Majestic Dragon to Attack Mode! Darkness Neosphere, destroy the incarnation of the Crimson Dragon!”

Neosphere’s head swiveled and the beam swerved toward the tiny pink dragon.

“I activate Superior Protector!” said Yusei. “This Trap equips to Stardust Dragon and negates all Battle Damage I take from battles that don’t involve Stardust!”

As the beam struck the little dragon, Stardust Dragon stretched its wings out, shielding Yusei and his friends from the blast.

“So, you are trying to seal my attacks,” muttered Darkness. “Then next turn, I shall simply eliminate your Stardust Dragon. The Attack Points of Darkness Neosphere far surpass those of Stardust Dragon. I end my turn.”

Darkness is right, thought Yusei. I can fend off Darkness Neosphere’s attack with my remaining face-down card, and even if that doesn’t work, I can protect Stardust Dragon from being destroyed in battle by destroying Superior Protector. But I have to find a way to get at Darkness’ Life Points if I’m going to win. I can’t risk putting Sonic Chick in Attack Mode either. The only way out of this is to get rid of Neosphere and-

Yusei’s thoughts were interrupted when Rainbow Dash placed a hoof on his hand.

“Don’t think, Yusei,” she said. “Just do it. Duel the way I fly: With nothing but instinct!”

Yusei blinked. “Dash,” he said. Then, with determination on his face, he nodded and announced, “My turn!” Yusei looked at the card in his hand. Of course! he thought. “I Set a card face-down and end my turn!”

“My turn,” said Darkness. It glanced at the card in its hand and chuckled. “Darkness Neosphere, attack Stardust Dragon!”

“I activate Power Frame,” replied Yusei. A metal cube frame appeared in front of Stardust Dragon. The beam entered the cube and was absorbed into the center, creating a purple ball of light. Darkness Neosphere stopped her attack and twisted her head back around. The light in the frame changed to bright blue and flowed out of the frame to Stardust.

“Power Frame negates your attack and equips itself to Stardust Dragon, and increases its Attack Points by the difference in our monsters’ points,” Yusei explained. “You’re gonna have to try harder, Darkness!”

“That will not be a problem,” said Darkness. “My return was inevitable. Humanity will always return to the dark, for I am the future of all things."

“I don’t believe that for a minute!” Yusei shouted.

“And what of the events in your world?” asked Darkness. “Abnormal weather. Constant warfare. Terrorism. Zero Reverse. The future you were told of by the man Paradox will come to pass, Yusei.

“And to you denizens of this world: You live on the very precipice of the abyss. Disharmony exists amongst your own kind. The dragons of this world are a warlike race. The spirit of chaos himself stands in our midst. The Gates of Tartarus close this world off from pure evil, but what would happen if those gates opened? It is only a matter of time before your world goes to war, Princesses Celestia and Luna. You asked me if I was the dark force that took your sister from you; I am not, but its mere existence supports what I say.”

“You’re wrong, Darkness!” said Yusei. “They have the Elements of Harmony to protect Equestria!”

“And what’s more, I did not break free from your world on my own,” Discord added. “It was Yusei who gave me the power to be free. Harmony can come from chaos, Darkness, because that is the nature of chaos. It doesn’t have to make sense, and I am in control of my own actions.”

“We have our bonds, Darkness,” said Twilight. “And together, we can do anything!”

“Believe what you like,” said Darkness, “but it is nothing more than wishful thinking. A vain hope. All things return to darkness. Even this duel shall return to the dark. Allow me to illustrate my point. I activate the Field Spell ‘Darkness’!”

“You had another one?!” cried Yusei. Darkness laughed loudly as its wings turned jet-black once again. The last of the cards in Darkness’ hand vanished and reappeared on its wings with two other cards. Five giant cards materialized face-down in front of Darkness.

“No matter how many times you think you have escaped it, the darkness will always find you,” said Discord. “With Darkness Neosphere’s effect, I will rearrange my face-down cards in any order I see fit!”

“That’s not good, is it?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“No, it’s not,” Yusei answered. “The ‘Darkness’ Field Spell puts five cards face-down on the field at random, and Darkness cannot check them. But Darkness Neosphere not only lets its controller see those cards, it lets Darkness put them in any order it wants! The Zero and Infinity cards can activate every card between them, and those cards have powerful effects.”

“What are they?” asked Twilight.

“Darkness One destroys a card for each ‘Darkness’ Trap; Darkness Two gives a thousand Attack Points to a monster for each one; and Darkness Three will hit me with a thousand damage for each one,” said Yusei.

“You mean he can hit you with every single one of those at once?!” cried Spike.

“No, he only gets the effect of the first card activated,” said Yusei. “But no matter which one it is, I can’t stop it. No doubt Darkness will go for the damage effect to wipe out my Life Points. The moment I start my turn....”

“Have you accepted your fate, Yusei?” asked Darkness. “Have you realized the hopelessness of your situation?”

Yusei looked around at the ponies, at Spike, and at Discord. Every one of them smiled at him. “The situation might seem hopeless,” said Yusei, “but I won’t give up as long as I can draw a card!”

“You are a fool,” said Darkness. “I end my turn.”

Yusei slid the top card of his deck into his fingers. “This is the final turn,” he said. “I draw!” Yusei glanced at his card and narrowed his eyes.

“Zero!” bellowed Darkness. “Infi-”

“I play Double Cyclone!” shouted Yusei. “This card destroys one Spell or Trap on both sides of the field, so I’ll have it destroy my ‘Stay Force’ and your ‘Zero’!”

“No! NO!”

Two cyclones ripped through the sky and struck the two cards Yusei listed, blasting through both and destroying them. Just then, blue arcs of electricity danced along Darkness’ wings and the giant face-down cards before it. Each of the remaining cards exploded, and a huge ball of fire blasted out of Darkness’ back. The creature roared in pain and fell to its knees.

“What just happened?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“It was the Field Spell,” said Yusei. “If one of Darkness’ Spells or Traps leaves the field, then the ‘Darkness’ Field Spell destroys ALL Spells and Traps that it controls.”

The smoke was blown away by the night wind. Darkness struggled to stand up. Much of its cloak had burned away. The creature beneath was, indeed, a skeleton, but one of demonic appearance. Its shoulders and hips rose into sharp spikes and a long tail ending in a long, narrow spike slithered about on the ground behind its owner. The creature growled as it rose to its full height.

“You were right about one thing, Darkness,” said Yusei. “Every living thing will venture into the dark and the shadows, maybe more than once. But every single time we do, we have the power to break free! This duel entered your world twice, and both times I brought it out again.”

“You... cannot be... this strong!” gasped the skeleton. “How are you this strong?! HOW?!”

“I told you, Darkness,” said Yusei. “I get my strength from my friends!”

For a brief moment, Yusei felt his friends back home. In that same moment, he felt the strength of the new friends he had made that day.

“Battle! Stardust Dragon, attack Darkness Neosphere!” ordered Yusei. “Shooting Sonic!”

Stardust Dragon roared and fired its clear ray at Darkness Neosphere. The foul woman swung her head around and revealed her giant eye, launching its own violet beam. The two attacks slammed into each other and then began to twist around one another. Stardust and Neosphere were struck at the same time. The two monsters exploded. Darkness staggered backward.

The smoke cleared and Stardust Dragon still stood.

“Impossible!” cried Darkness.

“Oh, it’s quite possible!” Yusei replied. “The monster equipped with Superior Protector can survive one battle by sending Superior Protector to the Graveyard.”

“You still only had one attack, Yusei,” said Darkness. “If you can believe so strongly in hope for yourself, then a creature such as myself can hope as well!”

Yusei smiled. “There’s no hope for pure evil like you,” he said. “I play the Trap ‘Synchro Overlimit’! If a Synchro Monster I control destroys a monster by battle, it can attack a second time! Stardust Dragon is still equipped with Power Frame, so it still has four thousand Attack Points- exactly what I need to wipe you out! Go, Stardust Dragon! Attack Darkness directly!” The giant white dragon cried out and flew into the air.

“Okay, girls!” shouted Twilight. Her eyes and the jewel in her tiara lit up. “Get ready!” The six small ponies rose up into the air with their Elements. Rays of light shot out of the six jewels into the air. Stardust Dragon roared and fired its clear beam at Darkness. The rays of light from the elements twisted around the beam, merging with it and forming a glittering, prismatic ray.

Together, Yusei and the six ponies named the attack: “Shooting Rainbow Sonic!”

“NO!” cried Darkness as the beam struck and engulfed it. As the creature’s silhouette began to vanish within the beam, it roared out, “So long as there is even the slightest shade of darkness within so much as one heart, I WILL return, Yusei Fudo! Mark my words, I will return!”

“And if you do, we’ll be ready,” said Yusei.

*****

Yusei and the others emerged from the forest, tired but happy. The moon had disappeared behind the trees, and the eastern horizon was turning a faint shade of powdery blue as the sky began to brighten. Yusei pushed his D-Wheel beside him.

“We went through a lot back there,” said Twilight.

“We all did,” said Celestia.

“Sister... I still don’t fully understand what happened,” said Luna. “All I could see was...”

“I know, little one,” said Celestia.

“This is going to make things awkward between us, isn’t it?” asked Discord.

Celestia stopped.

“Discord, there’s something you should know,” she said. “I did not refuse you because I didn’t feel the same way.”

Discord blinked. “You didn’t?” he said.

“No.”

“Then why?”

Celestia sighed and closed her eyes. “Because of Luna,” she said. “I knew how she felt about you. It would break her heart to see us together. I couldn’t do that to her.”

“Sister...” said Luna.

Discord nodded. “I understand,” he said. “Perhaps we can talk about this later.”

“I’m so sorry that I hurt you that way, Discord,” said Celestia. “I didn’t know how to explain it to you. I didn’t want to tell you because I was afraid I would be betraying Luna’s trust in me.”

“I said that I understand, Celestia,” Discord replied. “Let’s talk about this another time, just the three of us.”

Celestia nodded and said no more.

They continued to walk.

Twilight spoke after a while. “I did fail you girls,” she said. “When Discord broke free the first time. I gave up on all of you.”

“Twilight, we forgive you,” said Rarity. “Besides, you came back for us. You truly are the best friend a pony could have.”

“Thanks, Rarity,” said Twilight.

“It seems I wasn’t far off,” said Discord.

“What do you mean?” asked Yusei.

“I may have been acting under Darkness’ influence, but everything I said about all of you was right, wasn’t it?” Discord frowned. “And I suppose I’m not too different from you.”

“We all have things we need to work through,” said Celestia. “My feelings for you, Discord...”

“My faithlessness,” said Twilight.

“My fear of being alone,” said Dash sullenly.

“Mah hypocrisy,” said Applejack.

“My fear of pain,” whispered Fluttershy.

“My self-worth,” said Pinkie Pie.

“My manipulation of others,” said Rarity.

“My selfishness,” said Spike. “Rarity, you don’t know, but... Discord told me he would change you back if I went into the world of darkness. I’m... I’m sorry. I’m a big disappointment, huh?”

“No, Spike,” said Rarity. “You’re still the most selfless dragon I’ve ever met, and you’re more selfless than most stallions I’ve met.”

“I think we’ve all learned a valuable lesson in friendship,” said Celestia. “Yusei? Would you do us the honor?”

“What do you mean?” asked Yusei, looking over his shoulder as he continued pushing his D-Wheel. Twilight trotted up beside him.

“When I first came to Ponyville and met my friends, the Princess gave me an important assignment,” said the lavender unicorn. “She told me that I should study the magic of friendship and report back everything that I learn. I think she wants you to give the report this time.”

Yusei smiled. “I’d be honored,” he said. “My father’s work led to the deaths of a lot of people. Ever since then, my father was blamed for what happened. Once the information was made public, I became afraid that people would blame me too. I felt so guilty. I always felt like I had to carry my father’s burden. And I guess that’s my flaw... I feel like I have to carry everyone’s weight on my shoulders.

“But I still made friends. I was misunderstood, betrayed, even abandoned, but I still stuck by my friends and they’ve stuck by me. I came here and made so many new friends too. All of this has taught me that we all have flaws, and that they can run very deep, but our friends will stay with us in spite of these flaws, and they’ll help us overcome them. In turn, we can do the same for them.

“Even if you give up on your friends, or they give up on you, it doesn’t matter. Real friends always come back to each other.”

“Real friends inspire us!” said Rarity.

“They remind us of how strong we are,” said Fluttershy.

“They give us a reason to keep goin’,” said Applejack.

“They give us a reason to smile!” laughed Pinkie Pie.

They cheer us on so we can do the impossible!’ said Rainbow Dash as she swooped into the air.

“Your friends will love you no matter what happens,” said Twilight. “When everypony else has abandoned you, and even if you’ve abandoned them and yourself, they still love you, and they help you to love yourself.”

“The battles we fight show us our weaknesses,” said Yusei, “but our friends more than make up for them, and even help us get rid of them. Your friends are your greatest strength. Always hold on to them. So I guess the lesson is that you should never give up on yourself because your friends never will.”

“Well said, ape,” said Discord. Yusei laughed.

As the group approached the town, they saw a strange sight. Sleeping ponies lay scattered all about the street. A few of them began to stir.

“Apple Bloom!” shouted Applejack as she ran forward. The yellow filly groaned and stood up, shaking her head.

“Applejack?” she said. “Whu... what happened? I had this awful nightmare! I grew up an’ I never got mah Cutie mark!”

Applejack didn’t say anything. A single tear escaped her eye as she embraced her little sister.

“...Applejack?”

“I’m just... glad you’re okay, sis,” said Applejack with a sniff.

Apple Bloom looked around. “What’s everypony sleepin’ in the street for?” she asked.

“I’ll explain everything later, sis,” said Applejack.

“Yusei,” said Celestia. Yusei turned around to face the princess. “I would like to give you a royal celebration, honoring what you did to save Equestria.”

“Thank you, your majesty,” said Yusei, “but I have to return to my own world. Paradox told me that he came from a future that was destroyed by Duel Monsters. I have to figure out what he meant. There are still a lot of things I need to do back home, and I would like to see my friends as soon as possible.”

“Very well,” said Celestia. “Safe travels, Yusei.”

“Thank you for everything, Yusei,” said Twilight.

“Come back and race me sometime, okay?” said Dash.

“I’ll try,” said Yusei with a smile. Then he looked at Fluttershy and his smile faded. He walked up to her and knelt down to look her in the eye.

“Fluttershy,” he said, “you were right before. I didn’t try to save Paradox. But I promise you here and now that I’ll try to save him by stopping the future that he was talking about.”

Fluttershy smiled and nodded.

“Before you go, Yusei,” said Twilight, “I have something for you.” Twilight shut her eyes and ignited her horn with magic. A blank card appeared just above the tip. Yusei took the card and watched it change before his eyes.

“Dragon Knight... Draco-Equiste,” said Yusei. “Thanks, Twilight. I’m sure this will come in handy.” Yusei slipped it into his deck box. He opened up the seat of his D-Wheel and took out his helmet.

“Thank you again, Yusei,” said Celestia.

Yusei gave the princess a smile and a nod, then put on his helmet and mounted his D-Wheel. He revved the engine and took off. The Crimson Dragon appeared above him, roaring loudly.

“You’re gonna take me home for real this time, right?” Yusei asked. The Crimson Dragon just roared. Yusei smiled.

*****

“Look over there!” shouted Leo. A white portal had appeared in the air and Yusei’s D-Wheel shot out of it, landing roughly on the ground. Yusei took off his helmet and looked out at Neo Domino City.

“It’s Yusei!” shouted Crow. They all started running toward him.

“Yusei!” they all shouted happily.

THE END

Comments ( 67 )

*reads Discord battle chapter*

lol

I have a Zombie turtle deck that could kick his ass any day :ajsmug:

AND THEN THERE WAS A SEQUAL THAT EVERYONE SAW COMING.

410855

:pinkiegasp: I NEVER SAW IT COMING! SPOILERS! :pinkiecrazy:

Would love to see one, but this was excellent. You really did end this on the right note Wolfgang. *hopes for sequel anyway*

Truly wonderful work. The Duels were fantastic and well writen and easy to follow. The characters perfect and their personalities just right. And that report on friendship was a perfect way to end the story.

I bet a lot of people would love to see a sequel to this story.

If I may ask, do you have plans for a sequel? If not, any new anime crossover ideas? =3

my ra deck would kick darkness skull ass any time:rainbowlaugh:

A very good ending to the story, and as I said before you do an amazing job writing duels.

If there isn't a sequel I'd have no complaints about that, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Duel Monsters in Equestria started up following the events of this story. Just saying.:moustache:

Thank you all.

No, I do not have any plans for a sequel. Unless ZEXAL opens up some opportunities, but I doubt that will happen. I'm sure I could come up with a sequel idea if I wanted to, though. But I don't really want to. This became a personal battle. I'm pleased with this. I feel like I won. And even if my own Darkness comes back, I'm sure I'll be ready for it.

411635 I dunno, man. I actually had a lot of trouble writing the last duel because of how the Darkness Traps work. There's a card that works basically the same way as Zero and Infinity called Bait Doll. When I remembered this, I went and looked up its rulings... and then found that I could not, in fact, have Yusei use Starlight Road against the combo. The only way to stop it is to counter it before it Zero (or Infinity) resolves and activates the other cards.

411734 Card games and hooves don't exactly go well together, and I can't recall if anypony's actually played a card game in the show.

it would be pretty awesome to have a story after this where the ponies started playing duel monsters in thier world.

anyway, why did twilight give yusei draco exqusitre? does he use it in the series(ive only seen a few eps if 5ds past the dark signers arc)

412027 He does. She gave him a blank card and it became Draco-Equiste for him. For now, this is Yusei's way of achieving the Synchro Solution spoken of by the mysterious D-Wheeler with the dark visor. He doesn't yet know how to Accel Synchro, so combining Synchro Monsters via Fusion Summon is the next best thing.

I see you don't have plans for a sequel. Such a shame since we can have Yusei come back for a bit after events of 5D whoch I have to watch anyway. I mean, he did promise, didn't he?
I would take it upOn myself to write fan-sequel but I'm only beginner qt Duel Monsters. I hope someone else will do it just like with My Little Dashie fan sequel.
I'm happy that your foc helped you beat your own darkness but you have forgotten something, you promised us to write that Dashie vs Yusei Speed Duel since we've never seen it since like you said, you didn't know what to write at that time

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Dash vs. Yusei. It'll take a while to come out, and I'm not in any particular hurry, but It'll happen.

CARD GAMES ON UNICORNS!

411992 Zexal ponies? well that sounds amazingly baws! :rainbowkiss:

Astral: Such bright colors; and the primary life forms are equines of different types, each with such fascinating abilities. I wonder how many worlds there are, and what astounding differences there are in each one.
Yuma: AHH! How am I supposed to Kattobing with hooves?

Just one question why doesn't Discord use a Chaos deck

For two reasons.

1) The Yu-Gi-Oh! version of Chaos is simply the collision of light and darkness, what happens when good meets evil. Discord's version is more along the lines of the Joker meets Q at Wonderland Cafe. The two might seem similar, but they're incredibly different.

2) Flash of inspiration. The Dark Counterparts can draw quite a bit on DARK support, which suits Discord's personality and his current state quite well. It's also comparable to what he did to the Main Six when he first broke loose: Turned them all dark.

There's one thing I must do.

[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvgppOp6YH4]

This must play when Yusei saves the Elements from Darkness.

1174024

That was the name of its attack in the English dub. In the original Japanese, it was "Hametsu no Burst Stream", or 'Burst Stream of Destruction". A support Spell for Blue-Eyes has this name.

988190well done, great job. Now it's on to your next story:ajsmug:

1178272

Sort of like how Stardust Dragon's attack is called "Shooting Sonic" in the original Japanese, but called "Cosmic Flare" in the English dub.

411635 as would my hieratic/spellcaster/heroic deck

128162 All those rules are also changed by card effects, for anyone who wants to know, yugioh is a kind of game where effects trump rules, so essentially they're like pinkie pie
deviantart.com/download/284015054/screw_the_rules__by_zaikersonic42-d4p3ff2.png

*that awkward moment when you realize that no one has posted a comment in over year prior to the one you just did*

Excellent way to ( takes off sunglasses ) " Draw " an end to the story... YEAHHHHHHHHHHH :facehoof:

Why didn't you link to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki? Do you not know how? (You click on the icon on the top of the comment box that looks like an anchor.)

Have you ever considered submitting your fanfic series to Equestria Daily? You can find out how to do so here.

1178272 i don't suppose u can make an epilouge like all the ponies in equestria started a duel tournament even try turbo duels or something & twi & her friends hear the roar of the crimson dragon :twilightsmile:

3024788 Most Synchros are easy to summon. For example, Cyber Dragon + Level 3 Tuner = Stardust Dragon. That's how my IRL deck usually does it. I'm also pretty capable of getting out two Shooting Star Dragons, often within three turns of each other.

Also, Stardust Dragon > Prime Material Dragon. Stardust can protect more cards than just monsters, its ATK is higher, and it doesn't decrease your hand size as quickly as Prime will.

excellent job, the dialogues are so fluent and easy to understand, thank's for share your fight with us i'm sure most of us have fell the same in some point of our lives... keep doing it man:yay:

3408479 Eh, already settled on Crystal Beasts.

3848218 Well, Yusei would probably have reacted the way he had. Given that he's seen weirder things than talking ponies, and that one of his friends can communicate with Duel Monsters spirits, it's natural to assume he wouldn't have been freaked out.

3899503 Spike grabbed it on their way out to the forest.

4146719 Rarity uses Gem-Knights in the third story. Rainbow Dash is using Crystal Beasts. I've already decided on a deck for Pinkie, and it's not Jesters. Naturia seems appropriate for Fluttershy. As for AJ, I hadn't considered X-Sabers, but that could be a good idea.

4147005 Dash uses Rainbow Dark Dragon in a one-off modification of her deck in the second story.

4147116 I always forget that yugioh is an anime. :twilightblush:

I respect you because of the fact that Dante is your icon. I shall go now

I liked this fanfiction/crossover, it had good duels, it stayed in character, and had good dialogue. That being said some things do bug me. We is Yusai so accepting of the mane six(viceversa), how does Yusai know things about this universe that were never talked about, and it feels a little rushed and did not live up to it's potential as a crossover. Like I said good story just has some problems.

5093001 Pretty sure everything Yusei knew about Equestria he was told by the mane six or Celestia. As for why he's so accepting, well, why not? He's not the kind of person to be paranoid over every little thing. Besides, his first thought was that he landed in the Duel Monsters Spirit World, which he knows a bit about from Ruka (Luna in the English dub). On top of all of that, it's just not smart to pick a fight with alien creatures, especially if they're friendly enough.

Rainbow Dash could've been a bit more suspicious, I admit. But I think everyone else is alright.

5093889 the story just feels rushed and not complety flushed out. I would have like see Yusei go little insane and come to grip with this world, while the mane six try to figure out what he is. Also how does Yusei know about the sonic rainboom, it was never talked about.

Also this 5Ds story, why is their no turbo duel, come on that's rule one of a 5Ds story.

Again I liked this story it just has it's problem.

5095962 Are you sure it wasn't mentioned? I could've sworn someone told Yusei what Rainbow Dash was doing when she crashed.

I'll admit there are a lot of flaws with the story. It was my first attempt at fanfiction in several years. That said, I think I've gotten better. Please continue the series. You won't be disappointed.

5109471 so far I'am, expect my next opinion soon on your next story.

5112215 I expect your next opinion will be, "I hate time travel."

5117392 like I said, wait to find out in your next story.

Best I've ever read.

Endymion, The master magician. One Of my favourite cards. By the way, Hello fellow duelist... Curiosity which side do you stand on?

5497025 When it comes to the YGO villains, I've always found Darkness (Nightshroud) to be the most menacing. Zorc was insane and wanted nothing more than pure destruction. Z-one wanted to save humanity, but could only see salvation in destruction. Don Thousand was ticked because he was evicted. Nightshroud? Nightshroud plays tricks. Nightshroud deceives and uses illusions and half-truths. Nightshroud torments his victims with their failures until they renounce their individuality.

Out of every YGO villain we've seen so far, Nightshroud scares the crap out of me.

5497025 That didn't really answer your question, did it? Well, I've always been a big fan of Yusei, and Synchro Monsters in general. Besides, who hasn't wondered how a duel would play out if one character faces the final boss of a different series? I had an idea and ran with it.

Discord's tail isn't green. It's red.

5249203 What do you mean by "side"?

Well, I just got through reading this a second time, first let me just say how great you did. It held up grand at the beginning, and it still does today.:twilightsmile:
The duels, action packed and heart stopping, the characters, well written and IN character, the plot, GENIUS! It's clear that you are a rare breed of writer, and you should be most proud.:yay:
Another thing I wish I'd remembered to bring up last time was how well written Discords breaking speeches were, even after all this time they still manage to make my blood boil.:twilightangry2: Heck, if it wasn't for the fact the guy was a pawn of Nightshroud at the time, I'd have called Yusei out for not ripping the guys head off, course Yusei doesn't work like that anyway.:rainbowlaugh:
Keep up your good work man, I'm just gonna go reread the other 2, when I'm done, I'll let you know my thoughts. Till next time man.:pinkiehappy:

Hey there, I decided to make you a thing, Wolfgang!

It's a Text-To-Speech Audiobook of your story. I've gone to some lengths to make the experience pleasant - Corrected spellings and pronunciations on new words, pauses where appropriate, and most importantly, Dialogue and Narration are at different pitches to easily differentiate them.

Enjoy! It's almost 8 hours long!

5501300 you sir have a gift. I'm sorry you battle depression but this was an excellent way to show how you fight. Keep your head strong and keep having faith. And spiky hair, cause what's a protagonist without spiky hair.

7528361 Glad to see my story is getting a little attention again! Thank you for your support, man. It's greatly appreciated.

Login or register to comment