• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 2,479 Views, 79 Comments

Devils Used to be Gods - old drum



Scootaloo is grown up and making a living in motocross, but has a growing facination with falling

  • ...
13
 79
 2,479

Chapter 5

“The devil’s in your dream and

You see yourself descending from the building to the ground
You watch the sky receding

And you spin to see the traffic rising up
And it’s so quiet

And you’re surprised and then you wake

In one of these dreams

You forgive me

It makes me think of:

The bad decisions that keep you at home
How could anyone else have changed?
All of these

Wrong conclusions that leave you alone
How could everyone rearrange?

How could everyone else have changed?
What I see

I believe…”

~Counting Crows



“Are you sure you don’t wana wait a little longer? “
“You’ve been keeping me off my bike for the last month. I’m not just gonna sit around and become complete shit at the only thing I’m any good at.”
“Scootaloo, I just don’t want you getting hurt. We never figured out what happened.”
“Nothing is wrong with me! I’ve been just fine for the last three weeks and you’ve just been sitting here and worrying about nothing.”
“You tell me what is wrong with you then! I guess will find out after we inspect the contents of your skull after you bash it open!”
“I don’t have to fucking listen to this. I’m going.”
“…”

________________________________________________________________________

Sweetie Belle started walking. She didn’t know of a better way vent her angst and she didn’t feel like brooding in her room alone. She made her way to the dark edge of the Everfree Forest. Perhaps it wasn't the safest place to be near, but the most evil things had been eradicated or they had fled to some dark corner of the earth. Even still, the Everfree maintained an alluring and dangerous beauty.

While walking along its edges, Sweetie was startled to see Fluttershy pop-out of the tree line wearing a small satchel stuffed with something she must have foraged from the Everfree.

“Sweet Celestia you scare the ever flippin’ daylights outa me Fluttershy!” Sweetie Belle yelled. “What is so important that you have to get it out of the Everfree at night?”

“I’m sorry I didn't mean to startle you. Twilight asked me to pick some Evening Primrose, but I needed to pick the flowers when they were blooming, and they only bloom at night.”

The pair starting walking together. Fluttershy probably doesn’t have anything to be afraid of in the Everfree anyways.

“Sweetie Belle, what is it that you are doing out here at night? You and Scootaloo aren't fighting, are you?”

What does she mean me and Scootaloo?

Fluttershy could see that Sweetie Belle seemed a bit nervous and confused. “Oh, I’m sorry. Rainbow Dash told me that you and Scootaloo were, um, together.” Although Sweetie Belle figured there was no harm in it, she still felt there had been a slight violation of trust.

“We are fighting, I guess. Scootaloo took off on her bike and I just… I don’t know.”

“I understand that feeling. Rainbow and I used to fight sometimes.”

“What do you mean you and Rainbow.” Do you mean what I’m thinking you mean?

“Oh, I suppose you don’t know. Rainbow Dash and I are together, too.” Her face grew a little red. “It isn't something we advertise a whole lot.”

Sweetie Belle felt like she had just become part of a rather exclusive group, and it made her feel slightly uncomfortable. At the same time though, she felt her slight anger towards Rainbow Dash completely dissolve. “I can understand that.” Sweetie chuckled uneasily. She still found the topic very strange to talk openly about. “Next thing you know Spike and Rarity will be an item.” Sweetie laughed a little at her own joke.

“You know, Rarity and Spike are actually a couple.”

“That’s…” Sweetie felt sick.

“The stallion Rarity was seeing before had cheated on her. You might not know it, but Spike truly loves her more than anyone. I think he is the greatest thing that has ever happened to her.

Sweetie Belle’s stomach lurched. “Oh gosh…” She thought a few weeks back. “I was so rude.” Sweetie felt guiltier and guiltier as the pair walked among the insect nightlights and the boundless ponderings of other restless creatures. “I always treated it like such a funny joke… she always played along.” She sniffled. How can I be such an insensitive clutz. “I’m just getting to the part of my life where acceptance is important, and I've been so abusive towards her.”

“Sweetie Belle, don’t be so hard on yourself. You can always tell Rarity as soon as you get the chance. She is your sister and she isn’t going anywhere.” The pony spoke with a quiet confidence.

She’s been to bed with him. Her brain sagged in her skull The mare and the dragon and the mare and the mare and thoughts of sex clogged her mind. Why was I so angry with her I love my sister I love spike.

“Sweetie.”

She looked at Fluttershy through a film of tears.

“We are all a little messed up.” Fluttershy gently placed her head against Sweetie’s neck. “Scootaloo is probably feeling something similar, something she doesn’t understand.”

“You’re right…” her voice was lost: taken trail to wind within the Everfree.

“How… how did you and R-Rainbow Dash,” Sweetie stuttered. “Why did it work?”

Fluttershy thought back and back. “Well,” she started, “Rainbow Dash and I go further back than any of the other element. I think part of it comes from how much time we shared as fillies. We didn’t have any sisters or brothers to play with, just each other.”

“How did it start… who asked who? If I’m not prying.”

“It’s all right,” Fluttershy reassured, “these things are important to talk about.” She paused for a few seconds. “I told Rainbow Dash I loved her.” Fluttershy’s eyes sunk. “It didn’t go so well.”

“What happened?”

“Rainbow Dash ridiculed me, among other things.”

Sweetie Belle couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Rainbow Dash had built up a wall. She tried to her hide her sexual insecurities from herself.” It was strange hearing something so strictly objective coming from Fluttershy. “I cried and screamed at her and one time.” Fluttershy reflected on her past silently. “One time I hit her. And her wall came crumbling down.”

what the fuck

why are we all so angry

we are not so mad

“That’s why you see us like we are today. Rainbow and I never use to be very much alike, but we’ve mellowed towards a healthier equilibrium” Like two horrendous waves smashing and leaving an ideal tranquility.

Silence struck the pair for a short period.

“Have you two had sex yet?”

Sweetie Belle’s hair visibly perked. She stopped breathing for a few seconds.

“Ahh umm we’ve… we’ve,” she struggled to find the words, “we’ve almost maybe… it’s not as easy for Scootaloo, sometimes I think she doesn’t want to at all.”

“Maybe this could be part of the issue you are having with her. If can’t be open about these things then they can push you further and further apart.”

“I try to talk about them” Sweetie pleaded. “I really do! Scootaloo can be hard to reach sometimes… she gets so distant.”

“Well, I hope you can figure out a way to talk to her about this. Keep trying new ways of communicating with her. If you don’t give up on her then you can make it out of this little rut.”

Sweetie was starting to feel a little better. The problem hadn’t gone away, but it was much clearer.

“Sweetie, this is your road, isn’t it?”

Sweetie looked around. “You’re right.” She broke her position beside Fluttershy. “Thank you for talking with me, and tell Rainbow Dash thank you, too, even though she didn’t really do anything specific, I know she is always there.”

“You are very welcome. I’m sure Scoot will be home in a little bit. Be there for her when she comes home. You can never start too soon.”

And after two nods they parted ways in the night.
________________________________________________________________________

Scootaloo’s bike was running out of gas. She had been riding on any trail. She had graced the branches and leaves on the perimeter trees of the Everfree. She trudged alongside every river, stream, and creek. Her motorcycle maintained a grounded state the entire night. It had chugged and wheezed through the wilderness while Scootaloo’s mind droned to the mechanical noise.

Scootaloo decided their was no sense in avoiding home any longer. She could see the silhouette of the two story house blotting out a small portion of the deep purple sky. All the lights were out. A window had been punched in. It reminded Scootaloo of when she and Sweetie Belle first bought the house. The world has a funny way of coming back to you.

_______________________________________________________________________


Sweetie Belle abruptly woke from her sleeping. “Scootaloo?” she called out. The walking sounds within her house began so move towards her room. “Scootaloo?” she called a second time, much more nervously. She watched her door open, unable to make out the two figures that came crashing in. The first one ran straight towards her and violently threw her to the floor. The stallion pinned her on the floor and suffocated her with his body. Sweetie Belle gasped for air and violently struck into the darkness, hitting the intruder with her hooves and gashing him with her horn. During their fight, the second intruder came alongside them and began smashing his hooves into Sweetie’s face. She was repeatedly dazed. Warm blood ran all over her face. She stopped fighting and tried to prevent the series of blows.

“That’s right” said the stallion on top her. “You’re not going to fight anymore, and you’re going to exactly what we want you to.”

Sweetie heard a violent crash and horrifying scream.

________________________________________________________________________

Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo sprinted up the stairs. She could hear the violence and the struggling coming from their bedroom. When she got there the door was open. As she bolted in, one of the stallions standing beside Scootaloo took noticed and readied himself for a chase and a fight. To his surprise, the pegasus did not stop charging towards him. Scootaloo smashed into him at full force, her hate cascading like a violent storm. His body rag-dolled into the bedroom wall, leaving a crater in the drywall. He bellowed in pain and was left crippled on the ground.

The pony on top of Sweetie Belle turned in dismay towards his disfigured accomplice and then to Scootaloo who was already swinging violently at him. A blow impacted his skull with resounding force and staggered him to the ground. From there, Scootaloo stomped on his throat, crushing his larynx. He weezed, unable to make any other noise. Scootaloo stomped again through his haplessly raised hooves. The intruder stopped moving. Scootaloo stared at his contorted neck until her focus was broken by the sound of soft crying.

“Sweetie Belle,” she said, “let’s get out of this room.” Scootaloo helped her up, but prevented her from looking around the room. “Sweetie, please don’t look. Let’s just go downstairs.” Scootaloo was crying. “I’m so sorry Sweetie I never should have left.”

“It’s ok” Sweetie choked out. Even in the depths of the horror that unfolded in the last hour, she couldn’t have been happier to be with Scootaloo again.

I love you.

Author's Note:

A little frantic and fast paced. I'm also not trying to get yall to fall in love with music or anything, but the quotes I put in might be missing a lot of meaning/feeling if you are just reading them for what they are.

Comments ( 15 )

Hmm. This wasn't a bad chapter.

A bit difficult to get through, but otherwise alright.

The conflict that Scoots got into could have been a bit more drawn out. Still, not bad.

~Skeeter The Lurker

...huh. Didn't see that coming.

3025871
It took me by surprise... in a good way.

Airoe #5 · Aug 11th, 2013 · · 1 ·

You earned a fav, just for the title and the pic. Here is your mustache :moustache:

3025774
It is way to short, this got rushed a little.

Why is it so easy to imagine Scootaloo as a borderline suicidal pony?

3035016
I don't even know if suicidal is the way to put it (even thought that's how I described it). It might be more along the lines of exceedingly reckless.

3035956 yes that, but i can picture Scootaloo so good as a borderline depressed pony, it just strikes me that way

I think I'll be following this, even though there's not as much detail as I usually like. However, you have a certain poetic way of writing( or at least you did ) and that kind of makes up for it.

However this chapter seemed a bit rushed and unplanned, and left me with more questions than the others did. The most glaring being that scene with the break in. What were the attacker's motives? Hate crime? That was really the only problem I had though.

3054770
This was probably supposed to be the most important chapter and I probably fucked it up by trying to finish it last Saturday. I understand your frustration completely. I'm in the middle of house renovations / moving but once I get back to the important things in life (dat fanfic) I promise you will have answers that make the chapter seem less bad. Maybe.

Honestly I'm so infatuated, or captivated is a better word, with your story I'm going to read it a second time. Haven't had story kept me waiting so long, feel like years. Truly love the char and backgrounds. Just how normal meets crazy but in a average way. I'd like me some more Scootaloo antics! :scootangel: Hope you update soon.

Ok I just want to ask, why did you stop writing this story? It seems like everyone who comments likes the story so far so why did you stop? I'm sorry if something personal happened and I'm intruding, I was just wondering.

3063444
Kay I assume he's totally forgotten this story or either decided not to continue this and Just ignored everyone else.
If you read this, answer the question: will you actually continue this or Say it that you won't. Because it's getting pretty annoying not receiving any responce :ajbemused:

stay tuned...

Login or register to comment