• Published 15th Mar 2024
  • 521 Views, 8 Comments

Good Kitty - dart157



It’s the 1,000th Summer Sun Celebration, and Nightmare Moon is back! However, the populace is convinced she is a panther.

  • ...
0
 8
 521

Aftermath

Since the Summer Sun Celebration, Nightmare Moon had been laying on Fluttershy’s couch, still teary-eyed and sad, occasionally muttering things. “I-I’m not a cat…” she would say periodically, as she buried her head deeper into a comfortable pillow.

Fluttershy had been housing Nightmare Moon in the days after she had faced that embarrassing moment in the town hall. Once the news broke, the story spread fast, and Nightmare Moon had been labeled a “pony in panther’s clothing”. Previously a terrifying force, she had been reduced and insulted to a shell of her former self.

Fluttershy had found Nightmare Moon in the park on the day after the Summer Sun Celebration, alone, scared, and shivering in the rain. So she surrendered, agreeing to live with Fluttershy, who then apologized to her for what she had said. It wasn’t fair to Nightmare Moon to be labeled in such a way, and have her appearance mocked and ridiculed.

So Fluttershy kept her safe, kept her away from harm, and kept her fed, giving her a home and a pony to confide within. Nightmare Moon couldn’t have been happier. Outside of Fluttershy’s home, she would be forever known as a laughingstock, but within, Fluttershy did her best to treat her as an equal.

“I still don’t get it, why must they ridicule me this way?” Nightmare Moon said one night, as they laid on the roof of Fluttershy’s cottage.

“Because ponies are mean. Many will find every way to hurt you. And the good ponies get roped in because they feel like they have to,” Fluttershy said, stroking Nightmare Moon’s back.

“It’s not fair,” Nightmare Moon pouted. “My sister gets to see the limelight, while I’m trying to not make a fool out of myself. I-it’s just been too much to bear, seeing the news come in with more rumors and the like about me.”

“Don’t worry about what others think, because I don’t think of you that way,” Fluttershy said slowly. “You don’t need to be adored by the entire population. Just one or two ponies is enough.”

“Thank you, Miss Fluttershy,” Nightmare Moon said, a small smile forming on her lips. “I am eternally grateful for your kindness.”

“You’re welcome, Nightmare,” Fluttershy said, as she softly kissed Nightmare Moon’s cheek.

A faint blush appeared on Nightmare Moon’s face, and the two continued to stare up at the night, forever grateful for each other.

Comments ( 8 )

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

This is great, man!

omg dart story

readys the navy MEN WE HAVE A SHIP TO SAIL! FOR SHYMOON!

11851346
I think that ship sailed a long time ago :trollestia:

You know, when you told me you were doing a story about my jokes regarding Nightmare Moon's character design, I was expecting it to be a fun story rather than take itself seriously. What came to mind when imagining your story was Nightmare Moon pretending to be offended and then laughing at the insults because panthers are scary and the fact that they prey on livestock such as horses, meaning ponies, making the Ponyville residents get even more scared than they were in the pilot episode and apologize over and over for calling her a panther.

Still, for the story you went with, it's a good one.

...
Did you make this fic for me or...nah probably not but WOW

And thus bullying saved the world from eternal night. Because who need friendship when you have the power of emotional trauma on your side.
Also, I expected Shy to say "You are welcome, Kitten" but that would be way too mean and emotionally abusive *look at previous chapter* Actually that's in character here. :trollestia:

Most normal Regular Show episode

Login or register to comment