• Published 2nd Feb 2024
  • 416 Views, 53 Comments

The Ticket Master - TheKing2001



When given tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala, Sunset is less than enthused and tries to convince her friends not to go.

  • ...
0
 53
 416

Letter To The Princess

“Dear Princess Celestia,” Sunset said aloud as she sat tucked under a tree on a nearby hill overlooking Ponyville as she tapped a quill against her chin. “I learned a lot this week about friendship. Sometimes actions speak louder than words and a kind act like bailing somepony out of jail or helping a homeless pony can make you a friend you never even expected you’d be friends with. Those friends can sometimes help you learn more about yourself. Your faithful student, Sunset Shimmer.”

Sunset shot the scroll with her horn and watched it disappear in a blue cloud of smoke.

“Sunset! You coming?” Roseluck shouted up at the mare as Sunset glanced down the hill at her friends waiting patiently minus Trixie who was staring impatiently at Sunset, tapping her hoof on the ground.

“Yeah I’m coming!”


Minuette inhaled as she stopped at a rundown house before knocking gently on the door.

“Coming!” Ruby called out as a faint smile crossed Minuette’s face. The door opened and Minuette stared down at the small unicorn filly staring back at her. “Oh it’s you. Hang on. Mommy! Mom’s here!”

Minuette patiently and nervously waited as Berry appeared in front of her.

“Ruby, go to your room,” Berry steered Ruby back inside as she gave Minuette an unimpressed look. The two waited as Ruby trotted further into the house. “I thought I said not to-”

“I didn’t forget.”

“What?”

Berry and Minuette stared at each other as Minuette inhaled.

“Our anniversary. I didn’t forget and I lied about where I was.”

“So you were cheating on me. That’s even better,” Berry scoffed and turned to enter her house as she glowed a light blue as Minuette stopped her.

“Celestia, no! What kind of pony do you think I am? I despise cheaters especially after Twinkleshine got cheated on that one time,” Minuette snapped as Berry turned back and looked away for a second.

“That was a bit rude of me, yeah. Sorry.”

“A bit?”

“Okay, a lot,” Berry corrected as she rolled her eyes. “But where in Equestria were you then?”

“I was trying to get your gift. The place I had spent all my bits on burnt down over the weekend and I spent thirty minutes trying to barter with the owner to give me at least half my bits back so I could buy you something nice but he refused,” Minuette answered as she sighed. “So I had to hurry over to Lemon Hearts because her dragonfriend is good at framing pictures. By the time I looked at the clock, it was well past the time I was supposed to meet you at the restaurant. But you weren’t there so I searched all over Canterlot for hours. So here.”

Minuette levitated a present with blue wrapping and a matching bow with toothbrushes on it in front of Berry as Berry stared at it.

“Open it,” Minuette gestured as Berry bit the bow and opened it, staring down at picture of the two smiling with Ruby on Minuette’s back.

“I remember this,” Berry said finally as she picked up the picture. “That was the first time Ruby had ever called you mom.”

“Mhm. So no I didn’t stand you up.”

“Okay,” Berry said as she balanced the picture on her shelf inside next to the door. “But why the hay didn’t you tell me that the other night?”

“Well, for starters you were drunk and shouting at me in the street,” Minuette answered as she gave Berry a flat look. “And you wouldn’t give me a chance to speak. And secondly, you took off down the street with Sunset Shimmer and Roseluck before I could even explain my side. So I didn’t really get a chance to tell you anything.”

“That did happen as well. Sorry,” Berry rubbed the back of her head before spinning around and galloping inside.

“Well, that relationship is dead apparently,” Minuette sighed and turned to leave as Berry returned.

“Here,” Berry said as she tossed Minuette a key.

“A key?” Minuette said as she examined in in confusion. “Uh thanks? What am I supposed to do with a key?”

“What do you think? It’s a key to the house. I’m asking you to move in dummy,” Berry commented with a smirk as she tapped Minuette’s head with a hoof. “And you’re supposed to be the smart one.”

“You actually want me to move in?”

“Duh. I gave you it, didn’t I?” Berry snarked as Minuette stared with wide eyes. “You’re good with my daughter and I had already talked it over with her last week. I was going to give you the key at dinner but well, ya know.”

“Yes,” Minuette flung her forelegs around Berry’s neck and sighed. “It’ll take a while. Gotta sell a lot of my stuff because it can’t fit in here unfortunately.”

“Or you can just buy a storage unit,” Berry said as she glanced back at her small two bedroom house. “I wish I had a bigger house but these are the cards I was dealt. Always kinda wondered if you would have been a better mom for Ruby instead of me.”

“Don’t talk like that. You know I hate when you talk like that,” Minuette said sternly as she pressed a hoof to Berry’s mouth. “You’re a damn good mom. You and Derpy both remind me of my parents and if they were still alive today, Celestia rest my parents souls, they’d be saying the same damn thing. Am I clear?”

Berry nodded and Minuette removed her hoof.

“And I guess I could get a storage unit. Most of my belongings were passed down by my parents,” Minuette mused.

“Exactly now come inside to bed,” Berry said as she started tugging on Minuette with a grin.

“Ruby is home. We can’t,” Minuette responded as Berry rolled her eyes.

“Ruby Pinch! Go see if Pipsqueak and Sweetie Belle can play with you for a few hours.”

“Yes mommy!” Ruby called as she galloped out the door, only pausing fo hug the mares before running away as Berry slammed the door shut.

“So we have the house to ourselves,” Berry commented with a smirk as Minuette rolled her eyes.

“Yes, we do. Still dating?”

Berry hugged Minuette and nodded.

“Still dating.”

Author's Note:

Berry Punch is a earth pony who resides in Ponyville. She is widely considered the town drunk and has a bad temper, especially when her parenting is questioned. Is the younger sister of Cheerilee and Cherry Berry. She has a rocky relationship with her sisters. Often gets into physical and verbal fights with her sister Cheerilee behind closed doors. Suffers from depression and is the marefriend of Minuette. Sunset is one of her closest friends after Berry was bailed out by the unicorn.

Motto: Everything is worth something, even me.

Status: Alive.

Allies:Ruby, Sunset, Minuette, Cheerilee, Cherry Berry, Dinky, Ruby, Twinkleshine, Lyra, Lemon Hearts, Moondancer, Twilight, Silverspeed, Shoeshine, Trixie, Roseluck, Derpy, Sparkler, Bon Bon, Daisy, Vinyl, Pinkie.

Enemies: Chrysalis, Blueblood, Tirek, Sombra, Trixie(formerly).

Abilities: Berry is a talented mixologist and wine maker. Currently working on opening her own bar. Physically very strong. Due to her cutie mark of grapes and strawberries, Berry Punch's liver is practically indestructible and allowed her to consume copious amounts of alcohol that would normally kill a stallion.

Weaknesses: Her depression often keeps her in bed and from work. Ruby is one of the only ponies to make Berry feel better during these mood swings. Her temper often makes ponies wary of her and being the gossip of the town hurts her self esteem.


Moondancer is a shy and reclusive pony, often opting to stay at home with her books and friends instead of going out to large social gatherings. Lyra and Minuette's outgoing personality used to put her off and is jealous of the two mares. Moondancer had a friendly rivalry with Twilight Sparkle and graduated at the top of her class under Twilight and Sunset. Moondancer is friendly once you get to know her but many don't get that opportunity before she runs away. Current marefriend of Twilight.

Motto: The universe tells it's secrets to those who will listen.

Status: Alive.

Abilities: Moondancer is highly intelligent and shares a love of learning with Twilight. She can teleport long distances and can put herself into pages of books to learn faster or play pranks on her friends.

Allies: Twilight, Lyra, Twinkleshine, Minuette, Lemon Hearts, Sunset, Bon Bon, Donut Joe's, Trixie, Roseluck, Shoeshine, Silverspeed, Derpy, Dinky, Celestia, Spike.

Enemies: Sombra, Chrysalis, Tirek, Discord(formerly), Sunset(formerly), Blueblood, Nightmare Moon (formerly).

Weaknesses: Moondancer's reclusive personality makes her little friends. Often has to be dragged by Lyra or Lemon Hearts to social gatherings.


Blueblood is the distant nephew of Princess Celestia and Luna. He is an arrogant pony who loves talking about himself and is untrustworthy by most of those who know. Silverspeed and her fellow Guards often mock the prince behind his back.

Motto: Control the flow of information and you control the world.

Status: Alive.

Abilities: Blueblood is a talented politician and often uses his position to get what he wants. Unlike Sunset who uses her position to help others, Blueblood uses his to help himself.

Allies: Celestia, Luna.

Enemies: Sunset, Shoeshine, Silverspeed, Trixie, Roseluck, Derpy, Twilight, Moondancer, Fancy Pants, Jet Set, Upper Crust, Fleur De Lis.

Weaknesses: his poor and rude attitude earns him little friends and is widely hated throughout Equestria. His attitude leaves him with little ponies to call on for help when necessary.


Time Turner or Doctor Whooves as his close friends and co workers call him is the definition of a mad scientist. He spends most of his time alternating in his lab under the Canterlot castle or in Ponyville. He primarily spends most of his time in Ponyville to be closer to Roseluck and Derpy. Attempting time travel at the moment but hasn't made any real progress.

Motto: You break it, I remake it.

Status: Alive.

Abilities: Time Turner is highly intelligent and skilled with machinery. He is always on time and is obsessed with clocks. While Derpy and the others may not entirely know what he is talking about all the time, they respect his advice. One of the few ponies Lily will tolerate. Very good with foals.

Allies: Derpy, Roseluck, Lily, Daisy, Sunset, Shoeshine, Silverspeed, Trixie, Screw Loose, Dinky, Cotton Cloudy, Sparkler, Ruby, Pipsqueak, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Twilight, Moondancer, Celestia, Minuette, Berry, Lyra, Bon Bon, Vinyl, Octavia, Twist, Rumble, Carrot Top, Junebug, Merry May.

Enemies: Sombra, Tirek, Chrysalis, Blueblood.

Weaknesses: gets easily frustrated when an invention doesn't go well.


This story is done. I gotta make a group for this, figure out a name and what episode came next.

Comments ( 11 )

Interesting motto for berry.

Hmm, would it be worth to focus a Story on the foals?

11828977
I'll see. Maybe so

All alternate universes have a theme song so I made you one!

My Little Pony, My Little Pony
Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh
(My Little Pony!)
I used to wonder what friendship could be
(My Little Pony!)
Until you all shared its magic with me
Unwavering loyalty,
Teaching laughter,
Helping other ponies,
Being generous to all we meet,
Leading the way and representing everypony
It's an easy feat
And magic makes it all complete!
You have my little ponies
Do you know you're all my very best friends?

*checks season one*
Let's see here... accounting for timeline differences...

I see four events that will likely require Sunset & Friends to do something:

Some of Trixie's younger fans doing something dumb and potentially causing a disaster.
A dragon that is in need of an eviction notice.
Zecora trying to purchase items in Ponyville.
Winter Wrap-Up.

11829009
Thanks. Isn't that a bit like, weird to use though? If others like it, I'll use it. I care about appearances and all that.

11829017
Who cares what others think? If you think he should use what I commented, like my comment

Hey there. Splendid work on the dialogue, characterizations, general wrap-up and future story set-up in this. REALLY appreciated the dialogue between Minuette and Berry about Minuette's real whereabouts. And the stuff in Moondancer, Berry, Blueblood and Time Turner's bios were also all well done.

Definitely looking forward to the next story in this series. And, yeah, "Sunset and Friends" is probably the best series title I can think of - but that's not saying much.

11829157
Ty. I just was like fuck it and opted for Sunsetverse so that's what it's gonna be called from now on I suppose

Just read. Cool story. :twilightsmile:

11830439
Ty there's a sequel out now called One Stubbon Mare😀

Login or register to comment