• Published 29th Jul 2023
  • 1,140 Views, 56 Comments

Goblin Slayer: Sunset Overlord - madhat886



Finding herself in the world of Goblin Slayer, Sunset finds herself in a ruin tower where a fallen Overlord once ruled with an iron fist. And finds the minion amulet that allows her to summon female minions to do her bidding. Harem story.

  • ...
22
 56
 1,140
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 7 )

The automatic collection is really overpowered, at this point no army can keep logistics up in any capacity to defeat Sunset Shimmer.

Great overall chapter, rather clever to not overstretching herself and return the Lands to their people while solidifying her own land controlled.
Expansion can come over time, especially if one fool is another will try something.
- False flag attacks
- False Bandit attacks
- False propaganda

Though with successful Sunset Shimmer is I really don't see why she want to do anything but impress Celestia with her own Kingdom.
Now that I think about it, how to keep anything on Celestias dimension If the portal works for 3 days in her timeline if it is decades on Celestias side.
Sunset can only rule one place and that is not even because of the time difference of the two places.
Though what I can see is that Sunset Shimmer nees to become a Alicorn or a immortal towards aging.
Otherwise the war between races will eventually continue when she isn't there to keep everyone in line.

Ruling with a firm but soft glove, while striking opposition down hard with the unyielding might of a Ovelord. Sounds like a good system.
Especially since corruption can't take hold with perfect loyal subjects in leading positions.

Indoor plumbing is worth a lot, with military superiority being already in Sunset Shimmer cards there is yet still a lot to do:

- General education system, until other nations raise their out of envy alone.
- General healthcare system, something every civilian will work hard for alone!
- General Research and development of communications. Military and civilian life are very effected by its capacity and speed.
- General entertainment industry, if one isn't a Overlord/Overlady than entertainment is a huge demand with a lot of money to be made. Be it for the young or old. Damn... the sex Industry alone is with kingdoms in profits.
- General enviromental research and preservation.
Starting with filters for smoking chimneys. Water filtration in general and maybe Zoos, take care of your environment and it will take care of your needs.

11803418
I have been reading many mangas with the main character doing some world building so this story is more about the problems in building a kingdom

1.

Sunset Shimmer and her uncorruptable minions in leadership in the future?

2.

Probably Sunset long term goals.

3.

Everyone wanting to bring back war and competition for selfish reason, rather than the greater goal.

11803419
Building a kingdom is not the hardest part, it is to keep it running and from falling apart.
Maybe not the best example but still a viable one:
If you play Civilisation V and play on a big map, defeat anyone but 1 enemy that you keep in the conor of the map, hell... I build a city specifically to sell it to the enemy npc and defeat all other Citys to box it in and suppress any attempts for it to raise to a threat with long range military striking units.

Than I literally did nothing but hunt down random aggressiv spawning Barbarians bases until I owned everything. Nothing was unseen by me and there was only to keep the population happy so they don't rebel against my rule.
Eventually unfortunately the population growth is higher than the positive opinion and my own population, starting than to fight its own Utopia like Citys.

Without exaggerating, my own population becomes more vicious than any dedicated enemy npc, because I had used up all options to keep moral positive and the for lack of a better term 'peaceful life without challanges' become my worst enemy.

Even if Sunset isn't using her military in a offensive way, her work force alone is priceless.
Building infrastructure like streets and hiring out troops as construction crews would give a major economic boon to Sunset.
She can win by economic amassing of wealth over time.
That one way of making herself famous and popular.
A sewer system for allied nations would also greatly be appreciated by any civilization.
Both have developed over decades or centuries, due to the lack of personal due to cost of hiring the personal alone, something Sunset can overcome easily.

Though the other nations might realize that Sunset wealth might allow her to practically crash the market if she ever chose to.
Anyway one looks at it, nation be running:
camo.fimfiction.net/3w3Dwfru-LgMxrxtHd0cYWkhNpOSqd5KumlX_BUyg94?url=https%3A%2F%2Fderpicdn.net%2Fimg%2F2013%2F9%2F19%2F430894%2Ffull.gif
For a while.

Wonder if Sunset will rule other areas of life as well, a all female population almost guaranteed she have the best pleasure business and fashion industry to offer.

Probably the wrong story for it, but with practically unlimited work force a tower for space travel through the railgun principles could be build in the future. Only material available and the technology not developed yet are the limit to a process like it.

I wonder if Sunset uses insistent kindness to defeat the nation leaders:
camo.fimfiction.net/RN3QphVAEtp4yC0uroF4zyApqECk3oD-PGwKW_TtSh4?url=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-kQ_B1uuO_4k%2FT214h0ZPYRI%2FAAAAAAAAATY%2FSIX_lNdDAUc%2Fs1600%2Ffluttershy_canon.png
By fixing trade that undersells everyone else she can wage a economic war, with providing better than other nations, she can wage a war of life quality.
If she helps others,and let them attack her first until she conquering them as self defense against a attacking force, she wins the moral war.

Login or register to comment