• Published 28th Dec 2022
  • 507 Views, 8 Comments

A Fizzly Izzly Whishiehoof Hearth'swarming Tale - kleia



Izzy Moonbow meets a unicorn that is from a completely different time.

  • ...
0
 8
 507

A Hearthswarming Wishiehoof Surprise!

'Twas a single day left before Wishiehoof and Hearth's Warming Eve,
Everypony was busy, so much to achieve!

They hustled and bustled, their heads were a spin!
And it's here that our holiday story begins!

Martime Bay, what a sight, so busy and full of life!
Who knew such a day would come with such strife?


Maretime Bay had never seen such a busy holiday before. Friendship was restored all across Equestria, so all pony kind had decided to visit, especially for the holidays. Sunny, Hitch, Izzy, Pipp, and Zipp had all decided to enjoy their traditions together this year, and their party was in full swing.

They had started a little early, though, for the group wanted a small private part of the party to themselves, before everypony else they had invited arrived. They wanted to exchange gifts in a quiet moment, else they feared they wouldn't be able to in the hustle and bustle of everypony else. They had invited Alphabittle, and some unicorns from Bridlewood, Queen Haven and her guards, and Phylis, Sprout's mom. ... Sprout was still a sore spot amongst the group, especially Sunny. None of them had forgiven him yet, as it was a long road. They all knew everyone would be more comfortable if he weren't there. Maybe next year.

The five had gathered at the tree in the living room of the Brighthouse, its lights and the fireplace illuminated the space, the warm glow of the holidays on each pony's face.

"Remember, we did a Secret Santa this year, so you only had to get one gift for one pony here," Sunny spoke, setting down a tray of Coco on the coffee table. "Who wants to go first?" she asked, looking around at each of her friends. Izzy jumped up instantly.

"Oh! OOOH! MEEE!" she said, drawing out the "e" sound of "me" with vibrato. Sunny giggled and nodded. Izzy levitated her box over to Hitch. Hitch opened his gift eagerly, marveling at what was inside the box.

"A unicycled sherriff's badge!" Izzy said gleefully.

"I love it!" Hitch said, putting it on. He puffed out his chest a little, showing off his new badge. "I'll go next!" he said, walking over to the pile of gifts. Izzy's eyes didn't follow Hitch back to the group, she stared off for a moment. Something was off. She could feel it. Something about today was just... off. A disturbance...

"- Izzy!" Sunny said, waving a hoof in front of her face. Izzy blinked and shook her head. "Everypony else is just about here, can you help us set up the rest?" Izzy blinked again and nodded. She didn't realize just how long she had spaced out.

Regardless though, she shook her head and headed off to the kitchen, levitating snacks out of the fridge and placing them on the counter. Izzy floated a large ham out of the fridge and placed it into a glass pan and put it in the oven. Izzy set a timer to check it again later, moving about to prepare a few other things.

Roll out the egg, peel it, cut it in half and save the yolk for deviled eggs. Peel and dice up the potatoes, boil em, add milk, some seasonings and mash 'em up. Izzy was completely in the holiday cooking zone, hyper focusing on what was left to complete. Then she felt the feeling again, the one from before. Something was off this holiday.

Izzy put down the mixer she was using for the potatoes, and followed the feeling. Various guests that were arriving said hello to her, she muttered back in reply but it wasn't really words. She was determined to see just what was wrong. If anypony could detect something wrong, it was Izzy. She strode outside of the Brighthouse, absent mindedly weaving her way through the guests and out the door.

A light emanated from her horn when she stepped outside. She could feel magic swelling in her skull, an intense pressure. Izzy stepped further into the cold, her horn growing brighter, bright enough that everything around her within hundreds of feet was illuminated. Then she felt it. A powerful surge of magic burst from her horn, tearing the very fabric of reality. Snow and wind swirled around her, a beam of light cutting through the very air. Izzy struggled to keep her footing.

The beam of light spread open revealing a portal, the air and snow slowed.

On the other side, Izzy could clearly see an older mare, her coat was a deep magenta hue, her mane a brighter pinkish magenta. It was styled in a short, chiseled mohawk, her tail also kept short and keen. One thing caught Izzy's eye in particular, her missing, broken horn.

Then, she met the mare's eyes. They were a striking light teal. Over one eye was a scar. By now, many had come outside to see what was going on, watching in disbelief at the sight before them. The magenta mare blinked in disbelief, and Izzy blinked back, a smile growing on her face.

"Hi new friend!!" Izzy said with joy, dancing in place. The magenta mare blinked again, her jaw still hanging to the floor. "I'm Izzy! Izzy Moonbow!" Izzy stated her name with glee, eyes bright. The magenta mare shook her head, walked off and splashed her face with water, then returned to the tear in the fabric of reality. Yep, this was real.

"Uh... Fizzlepop... Fizzlepop Berrytwist..." the magenta mare replied, with delays between her sentences. Fizzlepop stepped a hoof outside of the portal and withdrew it when she could step on the ground on Izzy's side of the portal. "Uh... what just... happened?" she asked, looking to Izzy for the answer.

"Well, I felt a disturbance in the holiday cheer force, followed the feeling, this portal opened and found you!" Izzy said with confidence. I mean, that did seem to be what happened, right? She... probably isn't wrong.

Fizzlepop had no words. Sunny strode up cautiously behind Izzy, taking a look inside the portal herself. Behind the magenta mare was various photos, Sunny recognized an alicorn mare, Twilight, who she had heard stories of, and saw photos of her other friends too.

Izzy opened her mouth to speak, but Sunny quickly stepped in and spoke. "You know Twilight Sparkle?" Sunny asked. Fizzlepop's eyes widened.

"K-knew, yes," she answered, looking between Izzy and Sunny.

"Knew?" Sunny prodded, unaware of the wound she was opening.

Fizzlepop's ears flopped against her head. "After Opaline was defeated, Twilight used all of her strength to create some... new crystals, and... she passed. Not long after so did her friends..." Fizzlepop's voice wavered. "I'm the only friend left... I'm... all alone..."

Izzy watched as Fizzlepop's luminescence faded. This had to be the disturbance. A friend all alone on a holiday like this? Izzy wouldn't stand for it.

"Well...," Izzy started, her tone quiet and gentle. "Why don't you spend the holiday with us? You can tell us all about Twilight and your friends, and you can even come and eat with us," Izzy said, offering the unicorn her hoof, and a gently smile. The mare's luminescence shone a little then.

Fizzlepop took Izzy's hoof and stood, hesitating a moment and looking back at her photos.

"Will... this portal stay open?" she asked. Izzy nodded.

In truth, Izzy wasn't sure if it would. But she didn't want to scare her new friend.

"Come on inside, if it makes you feel better, we can check on it once in a while, while we have some Wishiehoof fun!" Izzy smiled at the taller mare.

"Wishiehoof?" Fizzlepop questioned as she stepped through the portal with a laugh.

"Yea! You're a unicorn, don't you know Wishiehoof?" Izzy asked in reply.

"...Not really... I grew up with Hearth'swarming..." Fizzlepop said, following Izzy inside.

Sunny's ears perked up at the mention of Hearth'swarming.

"Wait... Hearth'swarming is from ancient pony times..." Sunny began, thinking. "Izzy, did you just open a portal back in time?" Sunny looked to Izzy. Izzy shrugged.

"That would make sense," Fizzlepop said. "Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns taught me that it has the chance to happen," she added, looking between the two.

Izzy shrugged, skipping her way inside the Brighthouse. Fizzlepop trotted to keep up. Inside, dozens of ponies were enjoying music, treats, and giving gifts.

"This is the Crystal Brighthouse! It's where we keep the Unicorn, Earth, and Pegasus crystals!" Izzy mentioned. Fizzlepop's attention had been piqued.

"Wait, you said unicorn, earth, and pegasus crystals? I think Twilight mentioned something about that! Can I see them?" Fizzlepop asked. Izzy nodded.

"Sure! Right this way!" Izzy led them to the elevator that led up to the crystals and activated it. Fizzlepop wasn't sure of this strange contraption, but looked up as they ascended. Sunny also followed them up.

The room was scattered about with papers of Sunny's research. As they arrived, Fizzlepop looked about with wonder and curiosity, stepping into the room, her eyes darting this way and that.

"So, Twilight and our friends are... ancient pony times?" Fizzlepop asked.

"Something like that," Sunny said in reply. "This is my research! My dad taught me all about how ponies used to be friends, back when we weren't when I was young. We actually reunited recently!"

"Wait so, after Twilight passed, pony kind drifted apart?" Fizzlepop asked.

"Yep! So much so that magic was lost," Sunny replied. Fizzplepop blinked. She had no words. So much is different in this time, tech she's never seen.

Fizzlepop turned towards the center of the room, where the crystals levitated in unity, a rainbow shooting from the Brighthouse. Looking upon them made Fizzlepop's luminescence fade, her ears flopped down against her head.

"Your sparkle dimmed, what's the matter?" Izzy asked, striding up next to the unicorn.

"I... I miss them so much. Especially now. Hearth'swarming was some of the best times we ever shared," tears brimmed in her eyes. Izzy placed a hoof on the mare's shoulder.

"Back then, I was known as Tempest Shadow. When I was a filly, I broke my horn, and my friends at the time... they became... afraid. They ran from me and cast me aside. At the time, I swore I would never be hurt like that again. So I went the rest of my life alone.

A few tears began to flow.

"I left Equestria. I grew up in someone known as the Storm King's army, and became his second in command, with the empty promise that he would restore my horn in exchange for a staff that would grant him great power.

"So I pursued the princesses of Equestria, Twilight and her friends got away, and was led on quite the chase. Eventually I captured her, took her and her friends magic. Then the Storm King betrayed me. His promise was empty. He had used me. I had betrayed myself. Once again, I had let myself get hurt.

More tears streaked the magenta mare's cheeks. In this lighting, her crows feet at the corner of her eyes were more visible.

"Then, Twilight saved me, showed me kindness, despite everything I put her through. When I asked her why, she said that it was what friends do. We defeated the Storm King, and from then on, we were friends. Over time we grew close, and spent many a holiday together. I learned how to manage my magic, which is a little... explosive.

Fizzlepop sniffled and smiled.

"Point is, Twilight and her friends sacrificed a lot for me. I miss them so much." Fizzlepop said, sitting down, eyes gazing at the unity crystals. Izzy watched as Fizzlepop's luminescence grew in brightness. Izzy, nearly literally, jumped at the opportunity to give the older mare a hug, wrapping her hooves around the mare.

"Well, you've got friends in Maretime bay!" Izzy said, giving the mare a gentle squeeze. Fizzlepop put a hoof over Izzy's, closing her eyes and taking in a breath.

Fizzlepop's sparkle shined brighter then the unity crystals. She opened her eyes and looked between Izzy and Sunny.

"Well?" Fizzlepop started, standing up. "Don't we have a party to enjoy?" she asked. Sunny and Izzy nodded and headed back downstairs, giggling on their way down.

"Perfect timing! The food's ready!" Izzy said, her timer going off just as the elevator reached the lower floor. Izzy trotted over, levitating the ham out of the oven and turning the timer off.

"Food's ready, everypony!" Izzy shouted, jumping in excitement.


The party lasted several hours from that point on, and it was a smashing success! Izzy had never seen so many bright sparkles in one place, but Fizzlepop shone the brightest. With a yawn, Fizzlepop approached Izzy.

"I should probably get back home." she said, smiling at Izzy.

Izzy's ears flopped. Fizzlepop tilted her head.

"I... was thinking..." Izzy said, meeting the older mare's eyes. "What if... you stayed here? With us?" Izzy offered. Fizzlepop took time to think.

"What if, once in a while, I came back. It is wonderful here, and I haven't had this much fun in years...but..." her eyes left the gaze of Izzy, and turned down towards the floor. "I... I'm not ready yet..." she said.

Izzy put another hoof on the mare's shoulder.

"It's okay. I kind of expected that, but I figured I'd offer..." Izzy replied. "I'll figure out how to reopen that portal, okay?" she said. Fizzlepop met her eyes again and smiled at her.

"I'd like that, very very much," she smiled at Izzy.

Izzy and others walked her to the portal.

"Goodbye for now, friend," Izzy said, sorrow in her tone.

Fizzlepop halted at the portal.

"You know..." Fizzlepop turned back towards Izzy. "I'm glad to know that even now, parties still haven't changed in Equestria," she said, walking back up to Izzy and pulling her into one last hug.

"See you later, Izzy. You have no idea how much this means to me," she said, turning back and stepping into the portal.

Izzy grinned widely and didn't look away until the portal had closed completely. What a wonderful Wishiehoof indeed.

Author's Note:

WOW this was honestly difficult to write, but it was still really fun nonetheless. It felt fitting to pull Tempest through a temporal time portal sorta thing, and it seems in character Izzy is the one that just... can feel when something isn't right, especially when it comes to Holiday cheer.

I hope you enjoyed! If anyone wants an extended / "Director's Cut" version of this, where more happens and the like, let me know! I was on a bit of a time crunch with this but I'm finally off for winter break so...

Comments ( 8 )

This is actually really good! Thank you, you made my day!

11462179
thank you!! im glad you enjoyed it!! means a lot that it made your day <3

On the other side, Izzy could clearly see an older mare, her coat was a deep magenta hue, her mane a brighter pinkish magenta. It was styled in a short, chiseled mohawk, her tail also kept short and keen. One thing caught Izzy's eye in particular, her missing, broken horn.

Gasp fizzlepop did she stumbled a portal to time or something apparently but still it's awesome to see her again

"Wait so, after Twilight passed, pony kind drifted apart?" Fizzlepop asked.

Yeah that's one of the most unfortunate events sad to say

"I left Equestria. I grew up in someone known as the Storm King's army, and became his second in command, with the empty promise that he would restore my horn in exchange for a staff that would grant him great power.

Somebody made that kind of connection about fizzle pop can actually related to Misty's situation about her cutie mark

I will say this was a pretty nice story so it looks like the holiday is started and everybody was at the bright house but then Izzy felt something powerful coming from outside and apparently there was a portal but what came out of the portal was none other than fizzle Pop berry twist but she looks like she was older I think it was about a few years after the last problem and Izzy greeted her here Sunny was pretty surprised to see her as well but apparently fizzle pop told them the sacrifice that Twilight did try to stop Opaline which this is the first time they ever heard her name but they don't know she's out there but that's another story so Izzy showed fizzle pop to the crystal and she even told the story how she became Tempest shadow and all the heartaches that she went through and how much she missed Twilight and her friends but then Izzy wants to reassure her that she won't be alone anymore and she can hang out with them for the holiday which she did and she never had this fun for a long time but she has to go home to her own timeline but promise to see them someday once again this was a pretty nice story and I really like it keep up the good work and Merry Christmas

Izzy's eyes didn't follow Hitch back to the group, she stared off for a moment. Something was off. She could feel it. Something about today was just... off. A disturbance...

Why thank you, kleia! I knew this was going to be a request and a half because of the characters I requested, but at the same time that's why I wanted to pick them: what would Izzy and Fizzlepop have to talk about? Lot's, I believe, but what?

So, I apologize for the difficulty :twilightsheepish: and congratulate you on something that... well, it works. ...and now, because you touched on what would be really trying times surrounding Twilight's creation of the three crystals, you've got me wanting to give Fizzlepop more hugs. All the hugs!

I hope she can visit more.

Izzy! Get on that! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment