• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 1,550 Views, 54 Comments

The Royal Three - Kingstar008



This story is mainly about three brothers name Atlas, Apollo, and Artemis they were sucked through a portal while on vacation at first they have lost all hope of having a normal life that’s when there new friends prove them wrong.

  • ...
10
 54
 1,550

First birthday in Equestria.

January 25 1010 A.G

It is a beautiful day in Canterlot, and for the ponies that live in this beautiful city things were looking up. Most of the damage was repaired faster than predicted, thanks to the war reparations from the Changeling empire and financial donations from all over the world. At this rate, the city would be fully repaired by mid-February.

Thanks to the reconstruction efforts going so fast many ponies felt comfortable enough to leave their homes and resume their lives.

Meanwhile in the Changeling Empire, the situation is very bleak.

Major cities across the empire experience massive protest against the crackdowns the military was doing.

Many of these protest turn violent resulting in some military personnel either beating up protesters or shooting crossbows bolts into the crowd.

To make matters even worse, Pharynx heard about his elder brother fleeing to Equestria. He snapped, resulting in more intense crackdowns, believing that his brother was kidnapped by one of the “traitors.”

Back in Canterlot, Thorax didn’t want to be a lazy couch potato. So, he decides to get a job as one of the castle gardeners.

Turns out the former royal guard has a green thumb and has been working hard to repair the Castle Gardens ever since his first day in the city.

===•••===
9:30 AM
Castle library lounge.

Twilight was standing in the middle of the lounge with a poster board right behind her. In front of the purple unicorn was a few of the triplets' friends.

“Thanks for coming here at such short notice, you must be wondering why I invited you hear.”

“I was wondering that.” Otto ask.

“Same over here.” Cyclone said.

“Well, it’s because.” She flipped the poster board, revealing a bunch of photos on the other side. “Today is the triplets 20th birthday.” She said, as she pointed her laser pointer a photo of the triplets with the words "happy birthday” on the bottom.

“You guys already know that. You also know that they’re pretty observant of their surroundings and we don’t want them to discover their surprise birthday party just yet.”

“So, you want us to distract them?” Connor asks.

“That’s correct. Since you three are their best friends, this should be an easy task for all of you.”

“We would love to help out, there’s just one problem.” Cyclone stated. “We’re royal guards, I don’t think Princess Celestia and Luna would want to have three of their guards to be ignoring their duties, especially what happened recently.”

His buddies nodded in agreement.

“Well, I got some good news for all of you, the princesses decided to give you the day off.”

The room was silence for 10 long seconds until Otto decided to speak up.

“How?” He said in shocking and confusion.

“The princesses don’t want their coltfriends birthday party to be found out, they decide to give you the day off so you can do whatever you want as long as it’s outside of the castle, of course.”

“But who’s going to watch our post?” Cyclones ask.

“You don’t have to worry about that, Lydia, Lilly and Mapleleaf are going to watch your posts for today.

“Well, today is going to be fun.” Connor said as he stood from his seat. “Don’t worry, Ms. sparkle will make sure that the triplets are occupied for the entire day.”

“Thanks guys, and you can just call me Twilight.”

After the Pegasi left the lounge, Twilight pulled a small radio from her skirt pocket and turned it on.

“Mapleleaf, the boys are coming your way. When they leave the castle let me know so I can tell the others.”

Mapleleaf: “Roger that.”

===•••===
9:35 AM

Artemis was in his office, tapping a pencil on his desk in frustration and thought.

Last night, Raven told him that the Senate was approved for reconstruction. And that meant that the Senate would require a brand-new dome in a few weeks.

So, after he finish getting ready for the day, Artemis took out his notepad and pencils, and began drawing. And now he is staring at his drawing while dealing with a bad case of artist block.

‘I’m going to have a headache at this rate.’ He thought as he closed his notepad.

It was at this moment when someone knocked on his door.

“Come in.”

The door opened, allowing Cyclone, Otto and Connor to enter the office.

“Hey morning guys, I didn’t expect you three to be coming into my office. Why aren’t you guys wearing your uniforms?”

“Well, we were thinking since today you turn 20, we decided to take the day off to treat you and your siblings.” Otto said.

Artemis looked at them with a confused look.
“You all got the day off the last time I checked no one in the royal guard was getting a day off.”

“We convinced the princesses to give us the day off. They also gave you, Atlas and Apollo a day off as well.” Connor replied as he felt a cold sweat starting to form on his brow.

Artemis stared at his friends with a serious look before his mask broke as a smile formed on his face. “Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s get my brothers and have a nice day out. Oh, and remind me to thank the sisters for this.” Artemis said as he grabbed his notepad, put in his satchel bag, and walked out the office.

The three stallions let out a sigh of relief.

===•••===
10 minutes later.
9:45 AM

Twilight was still in the castle library, reading, an interesting book to pass the time. Before she had a chance to flip to the next page, she heard Mapleleaf’s voice coming from the radio on the table in front of her.

Mapleleaf: “Twilight. Come in Twilight.”

The bookworm picked up the radio with her magic.

“Yes, Mapleleaf.”

Mapleleaf: “The boys have left the premises. The castle is all yours.”

“Thanks Mapleleaf, I’m going to tell Celestia right now.”

Mapleleaf: “Roger that.”

After putting the radio in her pocket, put the book back on the shelf and teleported to Celestia‘s office.

“I got some good news princess. Our colt friends are out of the castle, we can finally begin decorating.”

“Good work Twilight. Can you please pass me that parchment paper over there? I’m going to write the letters.”

“You know I can write it for you if you want.” Twilight offered.

“That’s very kind, but I got it.”

“All right if you need me, I’m in the library.” She said after she handed her mentor the parchment paper.

After Twilight teleported out of the office, Celestia began writing.

===•••===
Dear Spike.

You and the rest of the girls can come to Canterlot now. The castle ballroom is all yours.

Please make sure that Pinkie Pie doesn’t wander off when you’re coming to the castle. I don’t want the triplets to find out about their surprise birthday party.

From Celestia.

===•••===

After she finished writing the letter, she sent it on its way to Ponyville and got started on Cadence’s letter.

===•••===
10:10 AM

Yukon triplets and their friends were walking along the Canterlot River enjoying each other’s company while the sound of flowing water and passing boats fill the air.

They just finished a major snowball fight with a ton of other ponies at the Canterlot river park a few minutes ago.

“That was intense.” Apollo said. “Who knew a bunch of little kids can be so organized.”

“So where should we go next?” Artemis said.

“How about the city garden?” Connor suggested.

“Didn’t the changelings bomb that place to smithereens during the invasion?” Cyclone asks.

“Oh, right I forgot about that. Maybe we can visit the gardens when it’s rebuilt.”

“Yeah, we can do that.” Atlas said.

“How about we go to game time? The restaurant was spared from all the destruction and maybe we can play a game or two.” Apollo suggested.

“I think that’s a good idea.” Otto said.

“Same over here.” Cyclone responded.

“I’m glad that everyone agrees. Thank goodness water taxi depot is right there.”

It was at this moment when a large water taxi passed by them.

The six friends glanced at each other.

And they all knew they were thinking the same thing.

“First one at the port gets the first-class seats. And before you even think about it, no teleporting.”
Otto said.

“All right that sounds fair. But you guys can’t fly.” Artemis said.

“Deal. Ready set go.”

After that, they all race towards the water taxi depot. While at the same time, trying not to slip on the slippery pavement.

===•••===
Castle ballroom.
10:56 AM

Twilight was helping Cadence and Shining Armor set up a few tables for the surprise birthday party when her friends and Spike finally arrived.

“Howdy Twi, morning your highness.” Applejack greeted.

“Morning girls.” Twilight responded.

“How was the trip? I hope it wasn’t too hard getting to the castle.” Cadence said.

“It wasn’t that bad, but Twilight was right. The royal guards are not taking any chances.” Spike stated.

“You can say that again.” Said Pinky, as she walked into the ballroom while pulling a wagon filled with presents and party supplies. “They scanned every single present.”

“At least the guards were nice.” Fluttershy whispered.

“You don’t have to worry about them for long. They’re only there temporarily anyway.” Cadence said.

“Anyway, where should I put these presents?” Pinky ask.

“On the table nearby the window. After that you can go to the kitchen.” Twilight said.

“Okey-dokey-Loki.” The party pony cheerfully replied.

“I’ll work in the kitchen as well.” Applejack said.

“I knew you was going to say that, so I made sure there’s a fresh batch of apples with your name on it.”

“Thanks, now I can finally make my signature apple ice cream.” The country pony said as she walked towards the kitchen.

“Rainbow Dash, you can practice your sonic rain boom, and every pony else will help out with the decorating.”

“You got it, Twilight.” Rainbow Dash said before she flew out of the ballroom.

Before Twilight had the chance to start helping with the decorations, Rarity came over to her and ask.

“Twilight where is Gallaxia? I thought she would be here.”

“She’s handing out the invitations.”

“Oh ok. If you don’t mind me asking, how many ponies are coming to his party?”

“I don’t know the exact number, but I do know that a lot of ponies are attending. And I mean a lot.”

===•••===
11:30 AM

After playing a “friendly” game of poker(minus the gambling) the group of boys decided to leave Game time and head over to the Cantorlot megamall.

They were about to pass by the mall’s movie theater when one of the movies being advertised caught Otto eye.

“Guys, look, nightmare in Baltimare is out. We have to get tickets for it.”

“No thanks, i’m not a horror lover type.” Cyclone said.

“I don’t want to go either. I heard that movie is one of the scariest films to be made in the last 15 years.” Atlas said.

“Same over here.” Artemis replied.

“Hmm it looks like a good movie to watch. I will join you, Otto.” Said Apollo. “Connor, do you want to watch the movie with us?”

“Sure, why not.” Said the light gray Pegasus.

“Apollo, when the movie ends, call me all right.” Atlas said.

“Sure thing.”

“Have fun guys.” Artemis said, as he, Atlas, and Cyclone walked away.

===•••===
A few minutes later.

Apollo, Connor and Otto, were sitting in comfy movie theater seats, waiting for the movie to start.

“Otto, do you think this movie is as scary as advertised?”

“Celestia no.” The white pegasus replied. “Well for me at least, I don’t know about you or Apollo.”

“Man, what are you talking about? This movie is not going to get me scared. In fact, I think you’re going to be shivering like a leaf after this.” Apollo answered.

“Well, we’ll see about that.” Otto said as he pressed a button on the side of his armrest, causing his chair to recline.

“Well, since you’re so confident that you’re not going to get scarred, how about we make this a little challenge? If you get scared, you are going to buy us anything we want from the food court if me or Apollo gets scared first that means either me or Apollo will pay for anything you want from the food court. Deal?”

“Deal.” Otto replied as he shook Connor’s hand then Apollo.

“This is going to be interesting.” Apollo said as the lights in the theater dimmed and the movie started to play.

===•••===
20 minutes later.
The megamall aquarium.
Artemis’ POV.

Artemis was walking through an aquarium tunnel surrounded by a few other ponies, enjoying the view of sea life surrounding him.

Even though it wasn’t his first time walking through the tunnel, it’s still amazed him how much life was living in one large tank.

There were lot of fish swimming around, most of them were swimming in groups. There's also other sea creatures in the tank as well like dolphins, rays and nurse sharks.

The biggest residents in this tank, and the entire aquarium, were three massive whale sharks. Doing nothing but swimming around and enjoying life.

Before he got halfway through the tunnel, Artemis decided to take a little break from walking and took a seat on a nearby bench.

As he was relaxing, he noticed a group of jellyfish swimming around.

He look at the creatures for what seem like to be a minute.

Then thought inspiration hit him.

Just like Rarity, Artemis sometimes get inspired from random things he sees in his environment.

After a few minutes of sketching, he put his pencil down and reviewed his work.

The dome he drew was a little wider and taller than the old one. It had a similar design as well.

The only difference in the design, was the large windows, allowing natural light to light up the newly built senate.

Satisfied with his creation, he put his notepad back in his bag just in time for the phone to vibrate in his pocket.

He took his phone out and saw that Atlas had sent him a text.

Atlas: “They’re about to feed the beluga whales in 10 minutes. Do you want to join us?”

Artemis: “Hell yeah, I don’t want to miss that. I’ll be there in five minutes.”

After that, got up from the bench and walked towards the end of the tunnel.

===•••===
1:09 PM

Atlas, Artemis and Cyclone, were at large two-story food court on the fourth floor. Enjoying a delicious cheese pizza, when Apollo, Otto, and Connor walked up to the table and took a seat.

“Hey guys, how was the movie?” Artemis asks.

“It…it was one of the scariest films we have ever watched.” Otto replied.

This statement made the Cyclone and Atlas stop what they were doing and looked at the white Pegasus.

“You’re joking, right?” Atlas ask.

“Nope he’s telling the truth. You should’ve seen him, popcorn went everywhere.” Apollo chuckled.

“Hey, I wasn’t the only one that was scared, you and Connor was also terrified as well.”

“That’s true, but at least neither of us spilled his popcorn when the killer appeared out of nowhere.”

“While we were watching the movie we decide to do a little bet with each other. Whoever gets scared first has to pay for whatever we want from here.” Connor said.

“Who won?” Cyclone ask.

“It was a tie.” The light gray pegasus replied.

“Damn, that sucks.” Artemis said.

“Tell me about it.” Otto rolled his eyes.

“Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the movie. It’s just I need something to calm my nerves a bit.” Apollo said.

“How about we go and get some ice cream?”
Connor suggested.

“Sure.” Otto said.

“Yeah, let’s do that.” Apollo responded.

“Hey guys, you can take a slice of pizza.” Atlas said.

“Thanks for the offer, but we’ll get our frozen treat.” Connor replied.

After that, the three stallions got up from their seats and walked to the nearby ice cream parlor.

===•••===
6:30 PM
Canterlot Castle.

After being checked by the Royal guards at the gate, the triplets and their friends entered the castle.

“Hey humans, remember when we said your gift from us was to have a fun day in Canterlot?”
Cyclone ask.

“Yeah, why?” Atlas ask

“Technically, that wasn’t your gift.”

“What do you mean by that?” The brothers said at the same time.

“We can’t tell you, but we can show you, all you have to is to follow us.” Connor said as he walked ahead of them.

Yukon triplets followed their friends as they whisper to each other about what surprise the three pegasi was talking about.

After they made their way through the castle, they arrived at the large double doors of the castle ballroom.

They entered the room, only to be greeted with pitch black darkness.

A few seconds later, the lights turned on, and a bunch of ponies came out their hiding spots and yelled.

“SURPRISE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

After their eyes adjusted to the bright room, they saw that the ballroom was decorated from wall to ceiling with party decorations and the room was filled with every acquaintance and friends they made in the past six months.

“How in the hell did you guys set this up?” Apollo’s eyes widen in realization, he turned around and said. “You sneaky bastards.”

“Guilty as charged.” Cyclone said. “We had to distract you three somehow.”

“How long did it take plan all of this?” Artemis asks.

“A few days ago.” Celestia answered. “It was hard hiding all the party supplies and the presents from you and your siblings, but it was worth it.”

It was at this moment when the ball room doors open, revealing pinkie pie pushing a cart with a large birthday cake on it. “Hey every pony! The birthday cake is here.” She then noticed the triplets standing a few feet away. “Oh, the birthday boys are here.” She went back in the hallway to retrieving her party cannon.

“It’s finally time to party!” She yelled before firing her cannon.

For the next four hours, everyone that attended the party had a blast. They drink, socialize and played games together.

After the party ended, the triplets realized how much their lives have changed in the past eight months.

Before being transported to Equestria, they were just normal college students in New York City.

Now they have successful careers, wonderful romantic relationships, and last but not least, they have magical powers.

They don’t know what this world had in store for them.

But no matter what, they’ll enjoy every second of it with their new family and friends.

To be continued.

Comments ( 10 )

i hope u plan to continue the story

11709600
Don’t worry comrade, a sequel is coming soon. I’m glad you enjoy the story.

11709570

Blueblood wasn’t the only one that went to the hospital.(Believe me, I witnessed it.) Artemis’s kick wasn’t the reason why he was unconscious. He fainted when one of the animals.(A small sugar glider.) landed on him. But he did receive some scratches from birds and small woodland creatures.

11556829

That’s a good question. Many consider hippogriffs to be a cousin species to sea ponies because their culture is similar and their ocean form are also similar to sea ponies.

Thanks to these similarities, sea ponies and hippogriffs have a friendly relationship with each other for thousands of years.

Ay, nice ending. I'll keep in toucb to when the sequel comes.

11709632
then Fluttershy must feel horrible for not only spooking the animals but also harming the guests

just finished season 1, now to season 2 :D

11887875
Nice. I hope you enjoy the second one.

11888006
just got caught up on it, pretty good!
keep it up my dude!

11888032
Don’t worry, I will. I’m not planning to stop anytime soon.

Login or register to comment