• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 1,549 Views, 54 Comments

The Royal Three - Kingstar008



This story is mainly about three brothers name Atlas, Apollo, and Artemis they were sucked through a portal while on vacation at first they have lost all hope of having a normal life that’s when there new friends prove them wrong.

  • ...
10
 54
 1,549

The fun has been doubled!!

October 31 1009 A.G
Canterlot castle
6:00 PM
===•••===

“Hey Lulu, can you hurry up, we’re going to be late.”

“Be patient Titan. I’ll be out in a few minutes.”

Apollo was in Lunar bed chambers, waiting for his girlfriend to finish getting ready for the fun evening ahead.

Today was Equestria‘s second favorite holiday nightmare night. A night where kids go out trick-or-treating and older people hang out and play games just like Halloween.

And for this special evening, the royal sisters and their parents decided to visit in Ponyville. Atlas, Celestia and Artemis already boarded a train to the small town while Gallaxia and Nebula decided to wait for Apollo and Luna. Cadence and Shining armor on the other hand is doing only God knows what in the capital.

After waiting for a few more minutes, Luna finally exited her bathroom wearing a black dress with jack-o’-lantern pattern with a dark purple eyeshadow and black high heels to go with the look. Unlike Apollo who is dressed up as Indiana Jones.

“Are you ready to go my lady?”

“That I am. Do you know if mom and dad are ready as well?”

Right on cue, a rolled up letter appear out of thin air and dropped on the ground.

Apollo picked up the letter and unrolled it.

===•••===
Dear Luna and Apollo.

You both don’t have to come by our chambers because we’re waiting for you to at the front of the castle.
Can you please hurry up, the children is not going to be there forever.

Love Nebula.
===•••===

“Well, there’s our answer.” Apollo said

“Might as well use teleport.” Luna walked right next to Apollo and held his hand just in case.
“Ready?”

“Ready”

After that Luna lit her horn and teleported both of them to the castle entrance where Luna‘s parents was waiting for them. Nebula was dressed up as supercolt and Gallaxia was dressed up as super mare.

“Finally, you two are here. For second there, I thought I had to get you myself.” Gallaxia said.

“You don’t have to do that Gallaxia, I was able to make the slow poke pick up the pace.” Apollo joked.

Luna was not amused so she shot him a glare.

“I can see that.” Gallaxia chuckled. “But let’s get to the carriage. Nebula and I can’t wait to experience this holiday.”

“Are you ponies coming?” Nebula shouted.

“Yes, we’re are!” She shouted back.

After they took their seats, the carriage lifted off the ground and headed towards Ponyville.

As the carriage flew through skies, Apollo could see how excited the three alicorns were to experience the first nightmare night.

Well… technically, this isn’t Luna‘s first nightmare night.

Her very first nightmare night happened when she was still trying to get used to modern life, culture and customs. Heck, she was still speaking in old ponish.

So, imagine her horror when she saw a bunch of monsters, witches, criminals and lewdly dressed first responders, walking the streets of Canterlot.

For the entire night, Luna tries to declare martial law and lock down the castle, only for Celestia to tell the guards and any soldiers in the region to stand down.

This back-and-forth lasted a good five hours with no end in sight. It didn’t help that Celestia was dressed up as a witch.

After a while, Luna gave up and barricaded herself in her bed Chambers with an armory worth of weaponry for the rest of the night.

This incident is famously known as the “great lunar panic of 1008.”

Now the moon princess dies of cringe anytime she thinks back on it. Not being helped by Celestia teasing her and royal guards members telling the story on their breaks.

There was even a five-episode series on the topic that came out just a few days ago.

It didn’t help her case at all.

===•••===
6:15 PM

After few minutes of flying through the cloudy night sky, the carriage started its dissent as it got closer to its destination.

Finally, the 15-minute flight came to an end when the carriage’s wheels touched the ground.

Apollo looked out of the windows and noticed that the towns people were acting pretty odd.

Some of the town's ponies were shaking with fear while bowing their heads, while others looked at the carriage with curiosity and confusion.

Not noticing the towns pony's reactions, Luna decides to exit the carriage first.

“Greetings, dear subjects! The rest of the royal family has come to join you in your festivitie- “

“Ahhh! It’s Nightmare Moon! And she wants to eat us all!!” Pinkie pie yelled.

This made the ponies, shaking with fear,(mostly little kids) to panic even more and backed away from the princess.

“Nightmare moon? I’m not Nightmare moon. Do I look evil to you?”

“What the hell?” Apollo said to himself.

Things went further south, when the pink pony dressed up as a chicken up all things. Notice Apollo standing right behind her.

“Oh no, Apollos underneath Nightmare moon’s spell!! Run for your lives!!”

After that, the pink pony disappeared into the night with a group of equally terrified ponies follow suit. Leaving behind a bunch of confused ponies and a dejected lunar princess.

‘A year and a half of improving my image, and some ponies still think I’m a monster.’ Luna thought.

“Luna are you ok?” Apollo ask.

“Yeah I’m fine. It’s not the first time that happened.”

“Are you sure sweetie? We can go back to Canterlot and have fun there.” Gallaxia said.

“No, that is unnecessary. I’m not going to let a few ponies ruin my fun.”

“That’s the spirit.” Nebula said.

Then Luna then notice Twilight.

“Princess Luna” she greeted.

“Starswirl the Bearded. A commendable costume Twilight. You even got his cape and bells right.”

“Thank you, you’re actually third pony to get it right.”

“Who were the first two?” Luna ask.

“Celestia and Artemis, but I figured they would get it right anyway.” Twilight said. “I am here to welcome you and your parents to Ponyville.”

“Hey.”

“And you to Apollo.”

“Wow, that is awfully nice of you.” Nebula said.

Noticing both Gallaxia and Nebula’s attention on her, Twilight bowed.

“Even though we appreciate the gesture, you don’t have to do that. We’re not the heads of state anymore.” Nebula said.

“Oh, right.” She said sheepishly. “Anyway, my name is-“

“Twilight sparkle. Element of magic, the mare that save Luna from nightmare.”

“And the mare with all the questions.” Nebula finished Gallaxia sentence.

“Speaking of questions. Do you know where Celestia is?” Gallaxia ask.

“She’s having fun terrorizing ponies.”

This startled Gallaxia, causing her to turn around to see Atlas, standing right behind her. He is dressed up as Jason from Friday the 13th.

“Oh, it’s just you Atlas.” The galactic alicorn said, while trying to calm down her rapidly beating heart. “Do you know where Tia is?”

“The last time I checked, she was nearby town hall.” Atlas said well chewing on some candy from his bag.

It was at that moment when Celestia appeared right in front of them. She is dressed up as a vampire.

“Who have summoned the mighty Celestia?!” She said, in a dramatic vampire voice.

“There you are. I was wondering if you would try out some of the games with us?”

*Clears throat* ”Oh, I would love to. Besides, I did agree to help out Twilight.”

“Great, now let’s play some gam-“

Suddenly the sound of a lightning strike happened over their heads, scaring the absolute shit out of everyone.

Then they notice Atlas laughing as well as two laughing voices coming from the low lying storm cloud.

“Oh, we got you good, we got all of you good!” Atlas said in fits of laughter.

“Who’s in the cloud?” Luna ask.

“OK guys you can come out now!”

And they did just that.

Rainbow Dash was the first one to reveal herself. Dressed up as a shadow bolt.

They were expecting a Rainbow Dash, but they weren’t expecting Artemis to be with her as well.
He is dressed up as static shock.

“That’s where you went. You’ve been pranking every pony this entire time?” Twilight ask.

“Yep, Rainbow Dash asked if I want to join her and I said yeah.”

“And he’s been a great partner in crime.” Rainbow said while giving Artemis a high five.

“And I decide to join forces with them to prank all of you.” Atlas said.

“Now, if you excuse us, we got more ponies to scare. See ya suckers.” Artemis said, as Rainbow Dash pushed the storm cloud to find more victims.

“That was unexpected.” Apollo said.

“Artemis pranking People with Rainbow Dash or me working with the both of them to prank all of you?” Atlas ask

“Both.” Apollo replied.

“So are you going to join us?” Celestia ask.

“Sure I’ll join you.” Atlas said.

===•••===

After walking for a few minutes, they arrived at the area of town where all the games were set up.

They were so many games in the area that they decided to play the nearest one being run by Applejack, who was dressed up as a scarecrow.

“Hey AppleJack.” Said Twilight.

“Howdy Twilight what can I do-“ then she noticed Luna standing right behind her. “ Shit! it’s nightmare mo- Oh, it’s just you princess. For second there I thought she came back.”


“Oh come on! Why does every pony think I am that horrible creature again?”

“Maybe it’s because you arrived right after Zecora’s show so maybe that’s why some ponies are panicking.” Twilight theorized.

“Or it’s just Pinkie pie is acting more crazy than usual.” Apollo said.

“Maybe, it’s both. Who knows.” Atlas said.

“As I was saying, what can I do for you Twi?”

“I was just wondering if you have any easy games for Luna and her parents since they never been to a carnival before.”

This made AJ look at the three alicorns wish a surprise look.

“You three never been to a carnival once in your long lives?”

“I have, but the last time I went to one was a millennial ago and only games I have played since then are board games video games.” Luna said.

“We just want to see what these modern games are like, that’s all.” Gallaxia stated.

“Well, luckily for you, my family operates the best festival games in this part of Equestria. For now let’s start with something simple.” She then pointed at a bowl full of spider plushes.

“What am I supposed to do with these?” Luna asks.

“You have to toss the spider on the web. If you get it in the center, y..you win the g..game.” A random pony said shaking in fear.

After listening the advice the pony gave, Luna tossed the spider at the web only for it to fall right in front of it.

“You can do it, princess!” Aj cheered.

With more determination, Luna threw a second spider and it landed in the center of the net.

“Yes! I made it. You are right, this was fun.” She said with glee.

“My turn.” Gallaxia said.

Before she threw the spider in her hand, she did some thing that no one was expecting.

She blindfolded herself.

“Mom, why are you doing that?” Celestia ask.

“It’s because I want to see if I could hit the center without looking. On the first try.”

It was at this time that a small crowd began to form around them.

Hoping for the best, the galactic monarch threw the spider plushy and somehow it landed right in the center.

Everyone was shocked.

She lifted up her blindfold, and said “still got it”

After that, she made the blindfold disappear and step aside so that her husband could have a turn.

He chose a spider, and Ant threw it.

And it landed on one of the steel bars that was above the web.

He picked up another one and that attempt failed since it landed on the ground right in front the web.

Seeing her father getting little frustrated, Celestia decided to yell out some encouragement.

“Dad remember, it’s just a game. Take your time!”

Hearing her daughter’s advice, Nebula aimed his throw, and with all his might threw the plushy right at the web.

It went through the center of the web. The small plushy landed somewhere in the background.

“Holy shit!” Apollo and Atlas exclaimed.

The royal sister and Twilight stared in shock.

“Nice shot, honey.” Gallaxia complemented.

“Sorry about your web, I’ll pay for the replacement.” Nebula said in slight embarrassment.

Applejack’s reaction was the complete opposite of what Nebula was expecting.

“Oh, don’t you worry about the web. I have multiple replacements for this very reason. It’s not nightmare night until at least one of them gets broken.”

“Are you sure because I’m not opposed to paying for damages.”

“I’m sure. Besides, I used more yarn than last year.” She said, with a chuckle. “Don’t tell granny.”

“Don’t worry, your secrets safe with me.”

“OK since we’re good on that front is there any more carnival games you would suggest playing?”
Luna ask.

“You betcha!”

===•••===

For the next 35 minutes, our heroes were having fun with every game in the carnival.

They played with long darts, carve pumpkins, and even went on a hayride courtesy of big Mac.
Everyone was having a great time, including Luna. She was having so much fun that she forgot about the incident with Pinkie pie.

===•••===
6:55 PM

In the next game, three alicorns encountered was something that Gallaxia never expected.

She knew she was in the modern era and things were different now, but she never expected to see catapults being used in a pumpkin smashing game.

Snapping out of her Vietnam flashbacks, the galactic monarch looked down at the operator, Pear butter. She is dressed up as a EBI agent.

“You know you are using weapons of war, right?”

“Yes, I know, I decided to go a little bigger this year. It took me a week to build all three of them, but it’s worth it seeing kids having fun.”

“You built yourself impressive, scary but impressive.” Gallaxia said.

“If you think that’s scary, you don’t want to see what I’m building in Hollow shade.” Atlas mumbled.

“What was that?”

“Nothing!”

“Mother, if you want to play, dad is finished with his catapult!” Luna called out.

“I’m good, I’ll just watch.”

While Luna was choosing another pumpkin to launch, Twilight launched her own pumpkin, and hitting the target.

Not wanting to get out match by her unicorn counterpart, Luna loaded two massive pumpkins into her catapult and launch the pumpkins right in the center of the target.

“Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!”

After the crowd stopped cheering, Twilight walked up to the lunar princess and spoke.

“That was a nice shot, Luna.”

“Thanks, now where is this apple bobbing area?”

After she spotted where the apple bobbing was, she witnessed Pipsqueak falling into one of the buckets.

She immediately took action by teleporting to the scene and pulling the child out of the water.

“Are you OK little one?”

*Cough*cough*” I’m fine princess. Thanks for saving me.”

Before the others can help out, pinkie pie arrived to the scene with a bunch of little kids.

“Hey gals, have you seen pipsqueak? We lost him the last time we had to run from- Oh my gosh! Nightmare moon is trying to drown Pipsqueak!”

“Pinky, that’s not what happened!” Twilight said.

“Yeah, she just saved my life!” Said Pipsqueak.

Despite her friends, trying to reason with her. Pinkie pie either didn’t listen or didn’t hear them as she yelled. “Every pony run!”

This is not only caused the little kids to run away, it also caused a few older ponies who didn’t know what was going on to run away as well.

It was absolute chaos.

Apollo and Atlas looked at each other and said.

“We need to stop her.”

So they started to go all over town hunting down the mischievous party pony. Every time they got close to her she randomly disappears. There was even one encounter where Pinkie pie was running so fast it almost look cartoonish.

So to make things easier, they decided to split up. That didn’t work either.

After five minutes of hunting down Pinkie pie, Apollo encountered Artemis having a nice conversation with Cloudchaser. (She is dressed up as Batmare.)

“Artemis, Cloudchaser, I need your help.” He said out of breath.

“Hey Apollo, long time no see. What happened to you? You don’t look so hot.” Cloudchaser said.

“Yeah, I have to agree with her what happened? And why is every pony running around like a chicken with their head cut off?”

“OK I’ll catch you guys up. Luna witness pipsqueak falling into this large tub of water and apples. Luna went over and saved him from drowning. Pinkie pie thought she was still nightmare moon and was trying to drown pipsqueak, and this cause a bunch of little kids to run away and a few adults because they didn’t know what was going on. Now me and at least I’m trying to find her to stop spreading all of these rumors.”

“That explains a lot.” Artemis said with a frustrated sigh.

“Wait, was Princess Luna dressed up as nightmare moon?” Cloudchaser ask.

“No, that’s the last thing she wants to be dressed up as. And every time pinkie pie scream and makes everyone run the way. It hurts her every time. I won’t be surprised if she snaps at this rate.”

“And I’m guessing trying to capture her is not going well.” Cloudchaser said.

After she said that, this happened.

“CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE, SINCE YOU DON’T WANT TO EMBRACE YOUR PRINCESS. I, PRINCESS LUNA NOVA FAUST, DECLARES THIS INSULTING HOLIDAY, CANCELED FOREVER!!”

“What that?” Cloudchaser said.

“Princess Luna, yep” Artemis said. “We need to find Pinkie pie before Lulu starts throwing hands.”

“Guys, I think I have a plan, but I need all of you to help.” Apollo said.

“OK I’m all ears.” Cloudchaser said.

“Same over here.”

===•••===
7:30 PM

After Cloudchaser and Artemis was on board with the plan and contacting Atlas, the four friends executed “operation chicken.” They first dumped a pile of candy on the ground and waited.

After waiting three minutes, the pink pony appeared, and started eating from the pile.

After that, Atlas, Artemis, Apollo, Cloudchaser and Twilight, appeared from the shadows and cornered her in an alley.

Before she could start to squeal or screaming, Twilight covered her mouth. “No! No Squealing and no screaming all right.” Pinkie pie nodded in understanding.

“Good we have something to show you, but you can’t panic all right.”

After pinkie pie nodded and understanding twilight stepped aside for princess Luna to come into view.

As promised, Pinkie pie didn’t panic.

“Pinkie pie I came to make peace with you, but before that I want to know why you’re turning everyone against me?”

“What I’m not turning everyone against you. Why would you think that?”

“Because every time you see me, you always scream that I am still nightmare moon and trying to either eat you or hurt the kids in some way.”

“It’s because it’s nightmare night. It’s fun to be scared. And besides, I knew you can’t eat me I’m almost the same size as you.”

(If you guys want to know Pinkie pie is 5’,10. While Luna is 6‘,1.”)

This statement surprised everyone.

“I’m sorry I don’t think I heard you properly, did you say that being scared is fun?” do not ask in confusion.

“Yeah, it’s fun and since it’s your second nightmare night, I thought you was here to scare everyone as well like Celestia, Atlas and Artemis.”

“I am not planning to scare any pony on my first nightmare night. Instead, I was hoping to play some fun games and eat some treats.”

“Wait, tonight is your first nightmare night?”

“Yes, and before you ask, I barricaded myself on my very first nightmare night because I thought everyone turned crazy.”

“Oh, so while the little kids were having fun, you weren’t having fun.” Pinkie pie said realization.

“Yes, that is correct.” Then Luna realizes something. “Wait so that means every pony doesn’t hate me?”

“Of course, they don’t hate you. It was just little kids being little kids.”

“It’s too late now, I canceled their favorite holiday.”

“No, it’s not. The festivities are going on right now. The trick-or-treaters are going to the nightmare moon statue in the white tail woods.” Twilight said. “And that presents us a perfect opportunity.”

“How is this an opportunity?” Luna asks.

“I’ll explain on the way.”

===•••===
A few minutes later.

Following Twilight’s instructions, Luna hid behind the statue of her evil counterpart, waiting for the group of children to offer up some of their candy to the statue.

When she heard them arriving at the statue, they all sounded really sad about this being the last time they would dress up in fun costumes.

After they were done, she transformed into her nightmare form and revealed herself.

“Citizens of Ponyville. You were wise to bring your candy to me. I am pleased with your offerings, so please, I might eat it instead of eating YOU!!”

The children were so terrified, they all run away into the distance.

After they were all gone, Luna transformed back to her normal self.

“Twilight, I still don’t know how turning back into nightmare moon would be a good thing.”

“Just wait and see.” She said with confidence.

“For what? Just for them to scream some more?”

All of a sudden, she felt her mane tugged on.
She looked down to see Pipsqueak looking up at her.

“Princess Luna, I know there’s not going to be another nightmare night, but can you come back next year to scare us anyway?”

Luna looks at the little boy in confusion.

“Young child, you’re really asking me to scare you again?”

“Yeah, it’s really fun. Scary, but fun.”

“It is?”

“Yeah, nightmare night is my favorite time of the year.”

“Well, that means I have to bring nightmare night back!!”

“Really?! You’re my favorite princess.”

The little colt hugged Luna before running off to his friends.

“She said yes, guys.”

“YAY!!”

“See, they really do like you princess.” Twilight said.

“It is true.” She said to herself. "Oh, what a wonderful night."

===•••===
A few hours later.
10:15 PM

After having a great time in Ponyville, the royal family and the Yukon triplets, arrived back at the castle.

“Man, that was one crazy Halloween.” Apollo said.

“You can say that again. I never thought I would be chasing a grown ass mare wearing a chicken costume.” Atlas said.

“At least we know that Luna loves to scare the pants off of every living thing.” Celestia said “Mother and father had a great time as well. They went a little too far with the cider but a fun time nonetheless.”

“And since the good times are over, I’m going to hit the hay. Good night every pony.” Luna said before teleporting away.

“Well, it’s time for me to go as well. See you guys.”
Apollo said.

“Wait, I thought your bedtime is usually around 12.” Celestia said with confusion.

“Yeah, that is true, but I want to watch that five-episode series about Luna barricading herself. I’ll be in the movie room you guys, good night.”
Apollo said as he walked down the hallway.

After he was out of sight, Artemis and Atlas said good night to Celestia and each other. But before they can leave, she grabbed both of them by the shoulder.

“I have to admit, that was a very good prank You both orchestrated, but you know the queen of pranks can’t let that slide.” She purred. “I would suggest you both watch your backs for the rest of the night and the following day.”

She slowly back the way from them, and said in a sing song, voice.

“Goodbye boys.” After that, she teleported away.

Atlas and Artemis didn’t move a muscle as they realize what they have unleashed on the world.

‘Oh crap.’ They both thought.