• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 1,550 Views, 54 Comments

The Royal Three - Kingstar008



This story is mainly about three brothers name Atlas, Apollo, and Artemis they were sucked through a portal while on vacation at first they have lost all hope of having a normal life that’s when there new friends prove them wrong.

  • ...
10
 54
 1,550

Heartwarming stories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzwJlWZRwNA&pp=ygUNdG5vIG9mbiB0aGVtZQ%3D%3D

===•••===
Ethereal plane

Hey guys, welcome to the ethereal plane. As you all know, my name is Kingstar, your narrator and guide. The reason why we’re here is because this episode of The Royal Three it’s not a normal one.
Why may you ask?

It’s because today we’re going to visit many of our friends as they celebrate heartwarming.

Some of them will be nearby like Royal Family and the sparkles in Canterlot. While others will be visiting their families in different parts of the country. And will be able to see difference family traditions depending on which region we’re in. I hope you enjoy this episode and have a wonderful time.

===•••===
December 25, 1009, A.G
Manehattan Equestria.
10:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwSA-nFjQiU&pp=ygUjaSB0b29rIGEgbGl0dGxlIHRyaXAgdG8gbXkgaG9tZXRvd24%3D

As the passenger train left Manehattan-Hooflyn international air station, the passengers were pretty excited for their vacation ahead.

But none of them were excited as a certain pegasus pop star. After riding the rails for a few minutes, the passengers on the train were able to see the skyline of the metropolis ahead of them.

Manehattan, the largest city in Equestria is well known for its skyline and famous landmarks like the famous twin towers of the Manehattan Trade Center, Empire tower, and last, but not least the statue of liberation. It’s the same for its sister city, Hooflyn. The fifth largest city in the kingdom just across the Hooflyn river, connected by the Manehattan and Hooflyn bridges.

For Songbird, the beautiful metropolis has a special place in her heart because Manehattan is her hometown.

Before she became the famous Pegasus she is today, she was an ordinary Pegasus teen who was inspired by successful songwriters and actresses living in the city.

And after she joined her current record label and became a big success, she was now another example of an ordinary pony reaching stardom.

After all, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

*Choo Choo*

The sound of the steam engines whistle snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked out the window to see that the train was already in Grand Manehattan station.

After the train made a complete stop, she disembarks from a train and started to walk through the station.

After she arrived at the station exit, she looked around to see if her parents were there.

The place was so crowded, she wasn’t able to see them.

So, she spread her wings and hovered in place to get a better view. After spending a little time looking around, she finally spotted her parents.

Her mom is a blonde colored pegasus with a similar colored mane and tail. She also has magenta-colored eyes just like Songbird. Her name is Diana Serenade.

And her father is a blue pegasus with a white mane and tail with a black stripe in the middle. His name is Rio.

She flew over to them and yelled.
“Hey mom, hey dad.”

This caused the two older pegasi to look around in confuse.

So, she flew closer to them, and spoke.

“I’m up here.”

“Oh, there you are.” Diana said.

Songbird said nothing as she pulled both her parents into a hug.

“I miss you guys.” Songbird said.

“We missed you too. How are you doing?” Rio said after they entered the hug.

“Everything is doing great. Cloudsdale is beautiful as usual, and my third album is going to be released in the new year.”

“Already, wow you must be one busy lady.” Diana said.

“Yep, especially with all the tours and commercial deals. I’m just glad that I’m home.”

“Same over here, honey.”

“Before we head home, do you want me to carry your bag?” Rio asks.

“No thanks, I’m good.”

(12:40 AM.)

After having a great time flying between skyscrapers and riding the winter winds, the serenade family arrived at their two-story apartment in lower Manehattan.

Songbird then put away her suitcase in her old bedroom and she spend the next hour wrapping up presents and telling her mom about all the interesting adventures she went on ever since she moved out.

After they were done with wrapping the presents, Diana made hot chocolates for herself and started to watch an old heartwarming movie. That when Rio ran down the stairs.

“What got you in a hurry?” Songbird asked her dad.

“I just remembered that I have to meet your cousins in Manehattan Park.” He said, frantically trying to find his beanie. “Do you want to come?”

“I’ll come along. It’s been a while since I seen them.” Songbird said as she grabbed her coat.

“Leaving already? But you just got here.”

“Don’t worry mom I’ll make it up to you when I get back.”

“Ok, have fun.”

After Rio and Songbird say goodbye, both Pegasus took off into the cold Manehattan air.

(Manehattan Park.)
1:20

After they arrived at their destination, the father and daughter duo walked through the park, heading towards the nearby lake. Just like everywhere else in the city the trees and lamp post for decorated with beautiful lights, garlands, and a few poinsettias.

Finally, they made it to their meeting spot where their relatives were waiting for them.

One of the relatives is a dark blue pegasus stallion with a blue and white mane and tail. His name is BlueJay, Songbird’s uncle.

And the other one is a white pegasus with a light green mane and tail. Her name is Willow, Songbird’s older cousin.

“Hey Blue, we’re here.” Rio yelled, catching the Relatives attention.

“Finally, you’re here. For a second there I thought you canceled on us.” Bluejay said.

“Me cancel? I would never. Besides, I was waiting for this one.”

“Hey uncle.” Songbird greeted.

“Hey, Sonny.”

This made her cousin look up from her magazine.
“Sonnyyyy” Hazel said as she ran up to songbird and pulled her into a tight bear hug.

“Hey Willow, nice to see you too.”

“I never thought I would see you in this city again.” She said as both ended the hug.

“Willow, it’s only been one year since I saw you.”

“I know, but that’s a long time without having fun with my little cousin. Speaking of cousins, there’s one more very special pony that is joining with us today.”

“Who?”

Then all of a sudden, a snowball hit the back of Songbird’s head.

She turned around to see who the culprit was.

Only to see a face that she hasn’t seen in a year and a half.

The pony question is a pegasus mare and she has a very light blue coat with a white mane and tail.
And the thing is about this pony is that not only is she Songbird’s a little sister (She’s 19 and Songbird is 20) but she’s also a famous actress.
Her name is Snowbird Serenade.

“Surprise.” She said in a sing a song voice.

“Oh, my Faust” the pop singer said to herself. “I thought you were in Surfside.”

“I was in Surfside, but the movie I was in decided to finished production for the holiday season, so I decided to come back home. Oh, and I saw your performance in San Franciscolt on TV a month ago. You did a wonderful performance.”

“Thanks.”

“Look at that, our favorite cousins are finally back together. Finally, I could do something I always wanted to do for a long time.”

“What’s that?” Songbird ask.

“This.” Willow said before she picked up a snowball and threw it right at Snowbird. Hitting her in the face.

“Oh no, what have you done.” Songbird said to her cousin.

Willow didn’t respond.

Snowbird wipe the snow off her face and said. “Oh, you’re on.” And threw a bunch of snowballs back at her cousin.

Pretty soon the rest of the family joined in the snowball fight.

===•••===
A few hours later.
6:00 PM

After spending the entire afternoon with each other in Manehattan park, world square and platinum yard, the five Pegasi went back to the apartment just in time for the sun to set.

The moment they open the door, they were greeted with the smell of hearts warming cooking.

“Damn, it smells good in here. Diana, you really worked your magic this time.” Blue jay said as he saw the table filled with dishes covered with silver platters.

“Good evening every pony, how was your day out?” Diana asks.

“We had a great day mom; we did a lot.” Snowbird said. “What are you watching?” She said curiously.

“MMA turns out every heartwarming they always have a competition. I’ve been watching this for the entire afternoon.” Diana said.

“So, are we going to eat now?” Willow asks.

“Not right now Willow, we have to wait for your mom and the rest of the family to come.”

“OK” Willow said with a hint of disappointment.

After an hour and a half of watching sports, willow’s mom, Hazelnut and the rest of the family finally arrived. Just in time for hearts warming dinner.

After every pony finish eating and opening their presents, they decided to end the evening by watching the fireworks together.


===•••===
December 24 1009 A.G
Las Pegasus Equestria
11:40 PM

Las Pegasus, the gambling capital of Equestria. Known for its bright lights and partying atmosphere that rivals cities like Delta shores in the River federation and Krasnoyarsk in Kemerovo.

So obviously, a lot of ponies would visit Las pegasus for the holiday season to party and gamble.

Except for two very exhausted travelers.

Mira breeze and and her coltfriend name Jack Bay
just arrived in city just a few minutes ago.

Jack is a white unicorn with a black and silver mane and tail.

They hopped in one of the air station’s carriages and rode through the downtown area.

After a nice carriage ride, they arrived at the hotel, got their room keys and rode the elevator to the 10th floor, finally arrived at their hotel room.

And the first thing Mira did was to jump back first into the comfortable bed.

“Finally.” The exhausted sea pony said.

“Wow, this is nice, and I thought the lobby was impressive.” Jack said.

Mira chuckled at this. “Welcome to Las pegasus. The place where reasonably priced hotels are luxurious palaces.”

“Well thank goodness your family invited me for heartwarming. But that makes me wonder what your old neighborhood looks like.”

“You will know soon enough.” She said with a yawn. “But enough yapping let’s go to sleep. We have a big day tomorrow.”

“Are you going to make some room?”

“Nope.” Mira said. “If you want some space, you have to push me.”

Jack said nothing as he pushed his silly mare friend to the left side of the bed. After that he got comfortable, he turned off the lights. Before he drifted off to dreamland, he felt Mira’s hand resting against his chest putting a smile on his face.

===•••===
December 25
11:30 AM

After they got themselves ready for the day and had a nice long breakfast, it was time for the couple to visit Mira’s family.

The couple travel through downtown before arrived at the southeast area of the city named lake mead.

At first glance, Lake Mead looks like a normal lake surrounded by beautiful houses, skyscrapers and beaches with a few rivers draining into it.

But Lake Mead is no ordinary lake. Under its surface is a vibrant seapony Community that’s home to 1/5 of the entire population of Las pegasus.

Jack was standing on a wooden pier, looking at the clear blue water and said.
“So, this lake mead.”

“Yes, it is. You’re still nervous?”

“Yeah, I never done something like this before.”

“Don’t worry big guy, there’s nothing to worry about. The pearls will protect you. If make you feel better, I will go first.”

Without a second thought, Mira jumped into the lake. Moments later, a blue flash appears in the water, and Mira came back to the surface now in her water form.

“Come on in, the water feels great.” She said, while swimming on her back.

Realizing it was his turn, jack backed up a few feet and then ran as fast as he could and jumped right into the water.

As expected, his vision was blurry and all he can hear was the water around him.

Then all of a sudden, his vision cleared up and he was able to hear properly again.

But his body felt different.

He looked down to see that his legs were replaced by a tail.

A Mermaid’s tail.

This only meant one thing.

“Oh, my Faust It worked!”
Jack yelled.

“I told you.” Mira said with a smug grin.

“Do I have water powers like you?”

“Nope, only see ponies has that ability.”

“Oh.” He spoke.

“Look on the bright side at least you can see Lake Mead in person.” She then swims ahead of him. “So are you coming or are you just going to float there?”

“OK wait for me I’m coming.”

===•••===
Lake mead
25 minutes later
12:00PM

When they were on the surface of the water, it was impossible to not see a silhouette of a few buildings at the bottom.

As they descended deeper and deeper into the lake, they were able to see the beautiful underwater community of lake mead clear as crystal.

Everywhere they looked, happy seapony‘s was swimming around enjoying the heartwarming holiday.

But what surprised jack the most, was that the sea ponies decorated the buildings with colorful lights.

After a little bit exploring, mostly by Jack, they arrived and Mira’s childhood home.

“Are you ready?” Mira asks.

“Yep.”

The blue seapony then press the doorbell button, and not even a few seconds later the door opened.

The pony who opens the door looked a lot like Mira. Except she is older and her skin is a lighter blue color.

“Mira, so good to see you again, happy heartwarming.”

“Happy housewarming to you too, mom.” Mira said she gave her mom a hug.

After the two ponies ended hug, the older sea pony notices the white unicorn.

“And you must be jack.”

“Yes, I am. And you must be miss breeze.”

“You’re correct, but you don’t have to call me miss breeze. My name is Oasis, and you can call me that. Now come in, it's getting a bit chilly out here.”

After they entered the warm house, he was amazed how nice the inside of it looked.

Just like their land loving counterparts, sea ponies, decorated their houses on the inside as well. But with a few differences.

Instead of garlands, they use the seaweed or kelp. Instead of pine trees, they use green coral as heartswarming trees. And for poinsettias, they use sea anemones.

But the thing that Jack wasn’t expecting to see was the massive flatscreen TV they have in their living room.

“Well, well well if it isn’t the family news reporter. Come and give your grams a hug.” Said an elderly muscular blue sea pony stallion.

“Hello grandpa Icon.” Mira said, giving the elder a hug.

After they ended the hug, Icon ask. “So, who’s the unicorn fellow?”

“Oh, that’s Mira’s colt friend, Jack.” Oasis said as she pulled a pumpkin pie out of the oven.

“Colt Friend, eh. You look pretty tough yourself. What do you do for a living?”

“I am a security guard at the Canterlot times HQ.”

“A security guard.” Icon said sounding a little bit impressed. “That’s a good career you have there.”

“Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but can I ask you something?” Mira ask.

“Yeah sure, what’s on your mind?” Icon ask.

“Do you know where dad is? I wasn’t able to find them anywhere.”

“Oh, he went to pick up your sister and brother-in-law at the air station. He should be back in a few minutes.”

“Oh, thanks for telling me.” Mira said as she swam into the kitchen.

Jack was about to explore the rest of the house, when Icon got his attention.

“It Jack, right? I need to tell you something, navy vet to security guard.”

“OK, what do you want to tell me?” Jack ask as he sat next to the old stallion.

“I just want to let you know that you have nothing to worry about. Every pony in this family is very welcoming to special some ponies that are visiting for the holidays. I want to make sure that everybody feels welcomed. So, if you have any questions, just ask me or Oasis.” The veteran said before he took a swig from his beer bottle.

“Oh, thanks for telling me that, actually makes me feel a bit better.”

“You’re welcome.”

After the conversation ended, a dark blue seapony mare approached to Jack and said.
“Hello, my name is Radiance, Mira‘s aunt, and I was wondering if you want a slice of pumpkin pie?”

“Yes, please.”

===•••===
12:25 PM

It’s been 25 minutes since Jack has arrived at his mare friend’s childhood home. And so far, he was having a great time.

He got introduced to a few more relatives and all of them were great ponies to be around.

Jack was watching a hoof ball game with them when the doorbell rang prompting oasis to open the door.

When she opens the door, a very pregnant aqua blue sea pony with a white mane and tail, entered the house. Accompanied by a tan pegasus with a sandy colored mane and tail. In the last one to enter was Mira's father, his name is Allure. He is a blue pony with a gray mane and tail.

After she greeted a few family members it was find me Mira’s turn to say hello to her big sister.

“Harmony, it’s so good to see you. Happy heartwarming, same to you Sandune.” Mira greeted.

“Happy heartwarming to you little sis, how’s life been treating you?”
Harmony ask.

“Everything’s going great in Canterlot, but enough about me. How is Surfside been treating you? How’s that modeling career going?”

“Same thing for me and Sandune. But I had to break from my career for these three little tykes.”
She said as she rubbed her pregnant belly.

“I bet you love the extra time together, huh?”
Mira said to Sandune.

“Yeah, it’s pretty nice. Specially since surfing season is over.”

“When’s your next competition?” Mira ask.

“Early February.”

“Oh, so you’re free for the entire winter.”

“Yep lucky me.” Sandune said.

“Mira, mom told me that you brought your special some pony this year. Is he nearby?”

“Yes, he is, he’s in the living room. Hold on one sec.”

“Hey Jack”, she said swimming up to him.

“Yeah, Mira?”

“Harmony and Sandune want to meet you. Do you want to say hi?”

“Of course.”

Jack in tow, Mira swam back to her sister and said.

“Harmony, Sandune, this is Jack. Jack is my sister, a Harmony and her husband Sandune.”

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you both.” Jack said.

“So, you’re the unicorn we heard so much about.”
Said Sandune.

Yep, that’s me.” The white unicorn responded. “I hope everything you heard about me is positive.”

“We heard nothing but great things about you. I remember Mira referred to you as the ‘handsome security guard ’ in one of her letters. It was so adorable.” Harmony teased.

‘I should’ve known she would do this.’ Mira thought.

“And we gave her some tips how to ask you out.” Sandune said.

“Oh really, I didn’t know that.”

“You didn’t tell him?” Harmony ask

“It’s a bit embarrassing to look back on, so I just never mentioned it.” She responded.

“Don’t be, it was cute. Heck mom kept some of your letters.” Harmony said.

“She did not.” Mira said, hoping that her sister was joking.

“She did.”

“Oh my Faust.”

===•••===
A few minutes later.

“Hey Mira, can I talk to you in private?”

“Sure.” She said, and she put a drink down.

The two sisters swam to a private area of the house.

“So what do you wanna talk about?”

“It’s about jack. How come you never told me that he is such a handsome hunk? He’s almost as good looking as Sandune.”

“I want to surprise you.”

“You did a good job at that. I know I just met him but I can tell he’s definitely good husband material.”

This made Mira chuckle a bit “Ok do not go there. Only been dating him for two years.”

“I’m just joking around a bit that’s all. But what I’m trying to tell you is that I’m happy for you. I’m happy that you found someone that you can trust.”

“Aww, thanks Harmony. That really means a lot.”

“You’re welcome, Mira.”

The rest of the party went off without the hitch. Jack meets more of Mira’s relatives and he and Sandune became fast friends.

As the festivities ended, and everyone said their goodbyes, Jack had become part of the family.

===•••===
Hollow shades
December 25 1009 A.G
10:00 AM


*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* *Click*

Cyclone sat up in his bed to turn off the annoying sound of his alarm clock.

Stretching his arms, he looked out the window to see snow falling to the ground, with the city of Hollow Shades in the background. Reminding him that he was not on duty.

Cyclone has been in Hollow shades for two days now, staying with his mare friend’s family until the new year.

It’s his second hearts warming in Hollow Shades. Usually, he would go to his hometown of Vanhoover every chance he got.

But ever since heartwarming of 1008, he feels like he a part of two families now.

After spending a few minutes getting himself ready for the day, he walked down the stairs and strolled into the kitchen.

“Morning every pony.”

“Good morning.” Every pony said from the living room.

Now this family was pretty unique compared to other family Cyclone has met. (In his opinion.) Because there is one set of twins and one set of triplets sitting in the living room.

The thestral twins both have light purple coats and white manes and tails.
Their names are Stella and Sabrina. The first one being Lydia and Lilly’s mom and the other one their aunt and the mom of the triplets.

And the triplets aren’t thestral, they were kirins. Two boys, one girl.

All three of them had gray coats and dark purple manes and tails, and they all have slitted eyes thanks to the mixed heritage.

Their names are Helsinki, Riga, and Tallinn.
Another fact about them, they’re members of the Equestrian Army. And just like Cyclone, they’re off for the holiday season as well.

“Where’s Lilly and Lydia?” Cyclone ask.

“Lydia is checking on the fireworks with Uncle Roger and Lilly is checking if the glow-in-the-dark plants are ready for tonight.” Riga said as she got another slice of pumpkin pie.

“This early? I thought we were going to do that later.” He said.

“Yeah, but they decided to do it now instead of later.” Stella responded.

“In that case, I’m go to be outside for a little bit.”

“Have fun.”

===•••===

As expected, snow was still falling to the ground with no sign of lighting up but luckily Cyclone is a Pegasus from Vanhoover. This weather was child’s play to him, heck the snow barely even reached his ankles.

After a minute of walking the gray Pegasus found Lilly in the family garden.

“Good morning, Lilly.” He said, with a wave.

“Morning Cyclone. I never thought I would see you this early.”

“I set my alarm last night. I don’t want to miss one of the best parades in Equestria.”

“You’re right about that.” Lilly said as she stood up and dust herself off. “How’s the family?”

“Everyone’s in the living room lounge around, waiting for the parade to start. Except for Christopher. Last time I checked he was in the indoor Hot Springs. And it was a bit boring in there, so I decided to check what you guys were doing.”

“Well, lucky for you, I’m done with what I’m doing. I don’t know what my sister and father are doing. I haven’t heard anything from them and while.”

“Do you want to come along with me? The more the merrier.” Cyclone offered.

“Sure.”

So, the two friends walk towards the backyard together and found Lydia and her father building snow ponies together.

Lydia and Lilly’s father is a black batpony with a silver mane and tail. His name is Roger.

“Wait you guys are making snow ponies and didn’t tell me?” Said Lilly.

“We thought you went back inside.” Lydia said.

“ You can join us if you want.” Roger said.

“You don’t have to tell me twice.” Lilly said that she started to make one big massive snowball.

“Cyclone, do you want to join in on the fun?”
Roger ask.

“Yeah, I’ll join ya.”

===•••===
10:55 a.m.

50 minutes have passed since Lilly and Cyclone decided to join in on the snowy activities.

After a while, they stop building snow ponies and they decided to make an igloo instead.

They were almost done with their creation when a creamed colored kirin with a red mane and tail teleported in the middle of the backyard.

“Hey, every pony. The parade is about to start, are you going to head inside soon?” Christopher ask.

“Already? Will be in there in a few minutes.” Roger said his voice sounding a bit muffled because he is inside of the igloo.

“That’s the thing, they decided started early.”

This made every pony stop what they’re doing.

“What time is it?” Cyclone ask.

“It’s 10:56.”

“Uncle, can you teleport us inside?” Lydia ask.

“What about your igloo?”

“We can finish this later.” She responded.

“All right, if you say so.”

Christopher lit his horn and teleported every pony back into the treehouse. Leaving the igloo all by itself.

===•••===

As the sun started to set over the city of Hollow Shades, Cyclone and the rest of the family gathered on the balcony on the third floor of the treehouse. Waiting for a very special show to happen.

The moment the clock hits six all the lights in the city dimmed and all the plants started to glow a bunch of different colors and periodically changing in brightness.

Normally the plants in and around hollow shades always glowed dimly at night. But in the wintertime, the plants put on beautiful light shows every night.

Millions of tourists visit the city for this light show every winter.

After an hour of this beautiful light show, all the lights in the city were turned back on, and the plants ended their light show.

“I don’t know about you guys, but that was another great show for the history books.” Cyclone said as he looked at all of the photos he took. “Now, who’s going to light the fireworks first?”

“I am!” Stella yelled.

Cyclone looked over the banister to see Stella launching a firework into the air, like the rest of her neighbors. While Lilly and Lydia, we’re doing the same.

“Hey, save some for me!” Helsinki yelled.

“No promises!” Lydia responded.

While this was happening, Christopher and Roger was standing right next to each other, watching the fireworks show and drinking beers together.

===•••===
December 25 1009 A.G
Canterlot Castle
5:30 PM.

It was a beautiful winter evening in the city of Canterlot, and for everyone working in Canterlot Castle the workday was coming to an end.

Atlas was in his office, tidying up his desk before he clocks out. He was about to leave his office when somebody knocked on his door.

“Hold on I’m coming.”

He opens the door and saw Raven inkwell standing on the other side.

“Oh, hey Raven, what can I do for you?”

“Nothing Atlas I just want to tell you have a nice heartwarming since I’m not gonna see you until New year’s.”

“Oh, thanks you. And before you go, I have something for you and the family.”

Atlas walked over to his coffee table, picked up a box of hearts warming cookies, and handed it to the secretary.

“Atlas, you shouldn’t have.”
Raven responded.

“I’m guessing you like the surprise.”

“I do, thank you.”
She said, giving the human a hug.

“You’re welcome.”

After they ended the hug, Raven said. ”And I hope you have a happy new year.”

“Same to you, Raven.”

After Raven walked away, Atlas went back to his office, grabbed his satchel bag and clocked out for the day.

===•••===
6:00 P.M

Atlas was walking towards the castle library trying not to drop any of the presents he was carrying.

Thanks to everyone’s busy schedule, Apollo, Cadence, Shining Armor and the Royal sisters weren’t able to exchange presents like any pony would in the morning. So everyone decides to meet up in the lounge to exchange presents.

And Atlas was running late.

After speed walking through the castle and walking up some steps, he finally arrives at the castle library lounge.

“Hey guys, sorry I’m late.”
Atlas said.

“Hey, don’t worry about it.”
Apollo said.

He placed all presents onto the table start to pass the gifts around.

Immediately everyone started to open their presents.

“Wow” Artemis said as he looked at his brand-new markers and colored pencils. “These are some beautiful pencils. Thanks, Jupiter.”

“You’re welcome.”

“This is an adorable teddy bear. look at him. He’s so cute.” Cadence said with delight.

“Now, this is nice.” Celestia said as she looked through all the shirts, short shorts, and pants she received. She also try it on the new sleeveless gloves she got.

Luna loves the new sweaters she received.

And Apollo was trying on his new sneakers.

And last, but not least Shining Armor like his new fitness clothes.

“So, I’m guessing everybody like their gifts.”

“Yeah, we do.” Celestia said.

“This sweater is so comfy, where did you get them?”
Luna ask.

“Comfort world store in the mall.”

“Now, it’s your turn to receive your gifts.” Celestia said she levitated two hearts warming presents to Atlas. “It’s from me and Apollo.”

Atlas opens the first present and he couldn’t believe his eyes.

Inside of the box was a pair of white and gold headphones. The reason why Atlas was shocked, was because headphones in Equestria were designed to fit over ponies' ears. Not human ones.

And in the other box was a pair of earmuffs in the same color.

“How did you get these?”

“Should I tell him or do you want to do it?” Apollo asked Celestia.

“You can do it.”

“Me and Celestia were in the Canterlot Mall a weeks ago, and we found this nice technology store that did custom orders and I decided to order some headphones. They worked so well so and looks so good they decide me and Celestia decide to get you and Artemis a pair.”

“I agree Apollo on this one. These headphones have noise canceling, do you know how cool that is. And the earmuffs are comfortable as well.” Artemis said, as he held up his sky blue and silver colored headphones.

“Well, thanks guys, I really appreciate this.”

“No problem, it’s Christmas after all. I mean heartwarming.” Apollo corrected himself.

It was at this moment when the alarm on Artemis’ phone went off.

“Sorry to cut this party short, but it’s time for us to go.” Artemis grabbed his satchel bag and stood up from his chair. While Cadence and Shining Armor was doing the same.

“Hold on, where are you going?” Atlas ask.

“You don’t remember? We’re going to Twilight‘s house for heartwarming dinner.” Cadence answered.

“Oh right, she invited you.”

“That’s right, she and her husband wants to meet me. I am dating their daughter after all. So we’ll see you later. And if the space alicorns come back from hollow shades early, tell them I said hi.”

“Don’t worry will do that. See ya.” Apollo said.

“See you later, every pony.” Shining Armor said.

After their goodbyes to three friends disappeared in a purple flash.

===•••===
6:15 PM
Northwest Canterlot.

It took Artemis’ eyes a few seconds to recover from the teleportation. When his vision was finally clear, he saw that they were in front of a two-story house. Covered in head to toe and hearts warming decorations.

They walked towards the front door and before Cadence pressed the doorbell, she looked at Artemis and said. “Are you ready?”

“Yep, ready as I can ever be.” he responded.

Cadence then push the doorbell and 30 seconds later the front door open, revealing a grayish unicorn mare with a striped white and purple mane and tail.

“Hi mom.” Shining said.

“Good evening, Velvet.”

“Shining, Cadence, is so good to see you.”

Twilight velvet’s attention then turn to Artemis.

“And you must be Artemis. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Same over here, Miss velvet.”

“You can call me velvet if you want. Now come in, come in.”

After they enter the house, Artemis took off his car and satchel bag and put on a coat hanger while everybody else headed towards the living room.

“Hello Nightlight.” Cadence greeted.

“Hey Cadence, hey shining, how’s the happy couple doing?” Night light said.

“We’re doing good. We’re excited for the wedding in the new year.” Shining responded.

“That’s great to hear. Now, where is our special guess?”

“I’m coming.”

At first, Nightlight didn’t know what to expect. All he knew about Artemis was what Twilight, Shining and Cadence has told him.

So, when Artemis entered the living room, he never expected him to be taller than his son.
(Artemis is 6‘5“ while Shining armor is 6’1.)

So, saying that Night light was surprised was an understatement.

‘Wow, he’s tall.’ he thought.

“Hello, Mr. Nightlight, my name is Artemis, it’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.” Night light, said while shaking his hand.

“Where is Spike and Twilight?” Shining Armor ask.

“They sent a letter saying that they just arrived at the train station, so I think they will be here in a few- “Velvet said before being interrupted.

*Ding dong*

“I’ll get it.” Cadence said.

Cadence opens the front door, revealing Twilight sparkle and spike decked out in festive holiday attire. After a Cadence and Twilight did the “sunshine, sunshine,” Spike and Twilight walked into the living room.

“Hello every pony.” Twilight greeted.

“Good evening spike, Hello Twilight.” Nightlight said. “Wow you both look festive tonight.”

“Thanks, it was actually spike’s idea.”

“Spiky, how’s it going?” Artemis said.

“Oh, today was great. I got everything I wanted on my heart-warming list and Pear Butter made these ugly sweaters us. The best part is they don’t itch at all.”

“Huh, maybe I should ask Pear to make me one.”

“Funny you should say that, because I got this for you.” Twilight said as she handed a present to him. “It’s from me and Spike.”

Artemis tore the wrapping apart and inside was a blue sweater with Santa hooves flying his sleigh through the night sky.

“Wow, this sweater is nice.” The human then took off his winter jacket and put on the “ugly” sweater.

It was one of the most comfortable sweaters he has ever wore.

“You’re right spike, this is comfortable. Thank guys.”

“I’m glad you like it.” Twilight said.

“Speaking of presents, I have your presents in my bag, hold on one sec.”

Artemis grab his satchel bag from the coat rack, brought it back to living room and opened it and handed the presents to Twilight and Spike.

Both of them open their presents at the same time.

“Oh, my Faust.” Spike said in shock as he looked at the cover of the new ninja ponies comic he had in his hand. He was so happy, Spike hugged Artemis tightly. “Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.”

“Hey no problem.”

“Is Twilight, ok?” Cadence asks. “She’s been staring at her book for 10 seconds now.”

“It’s probably nothing.” Shining Armor said.

Then all of a sudden Twilight face turns from complete shock to excitement.

“Artemis, how did you get this? I thought I would never see a copy until next spring.” Twilight asks.

“Spike and I was at the mall when we both saw it in the bookstore. Ponies were fighting over it so I snuck in and bought it before anyone would notice.”

“He’s right Twilight, I was there. I don’t know how he didn’t get caught.” Spike said.

Twilight looked at the book, then back at Artemis.
The purple unicorn, then hugged her coltfriend, and planted a few kisses on his right cheek.

“Ok Twilight, I get it you love your gift.”
Artemis said while getting a barrage of kisses.

She finally ended her kissing barrage by planting one long kiss on the lips.

“Thank you for getting me this.” she said with glee.

“You’re welcome Ms. dorkable.”

“Do you want to read it with me?” Twilight ask.

“I would, but I’m already on chapter 3, so I’ll wait for you to catch up.”

“Wait a second you have another copy of Saturn 1?” Twilight asks in shock.

This made Shining and Cadence turned their heads in surprise.

“He has two what now?”
Cadence asks.

“How did you get another copy?”

“It was two weeks ago, very early in the morning, and I was walking towards the Senate building I passed by this one bookstore that just opened for the day. And I saw that one of the shelves was full of Saturn 1 copies. So, I decided to get one for myself before morning rush-hour.”

“You should play the lottery.” Shining suggested.

“No, thanks I’m good.” Artemis responded.

“A minute later, Velvet entered the living room with a camera in her hands and said. “Hey, every pony, it’s that time again.”

“Oh crap.” Spike said quietly.

“Oh no.” Shining Armor said.

“What’s going on now?” Artemis asks.

“Mom wants to take a bunch of photos for the family photo book.” Twilight answered.

“That’s not so bad, my mom does that every holiday.”

“This might take 10 or 15 minutes, that means your face is going to hurt a bit after this.”

“Say cheese every pony.”

“Cheese!”

===•••===
6:25 PM

It turns out, Twilight sparkle was right.

Twilight velvet took 10 minutes to take a bunch of photos of the family. 10 fill minutes of every pony showing off their pearly whites.

After velvet was done taking photos, she went to the dining room letting everybody rest the faces.

Artemis was watching a funny heartwarming movie with Twilight and Spike when he hears his name being called.

“Artemis can you come over here? Me and nightlight wants to talk to you.”

“I’m coming.” Artemis replied. “I’ll be right back guys.”

Artemis walked to the dining table and took a seat in front of the two elder unicorns.

“Is everything all right?” Artemis asks.

“Everything is all right it’s just me and velvet just want to have a little chat with you.”

“About what?”

“We want to get to know you. All we know about you is what Shining, Cadence, Twilight and Spike has told us.”

“Ok, so what do you want to know about me?”

“Every pony says that you’re a great artist. Do you have any of your artwork with you?” Velvet said.

“Yeah, I have my notepad in my satchel. Let me go get it.”

Artemis went to the living room grabbed his satchel and came back to the dining table.

He opened his bag and handed the notepad to Velvet.

When she opened it, both unicorns were amazed how detailed and beautiful drawings were. The notepad contained drawings of city skylines to towering skyscrapers and trains.

“These are beautiful.” Velvet said with amazement.

“When they said you were a talented artist, they weren’t lying.” Night light said. “Have you ever thought of selling your art to an art museum or something.”

“No, not really. I am an architect at heart. All the drawings you see there is either me being bored, or I have an idea about a new building or design.”

“Have you ever got a chance to bring your ideas into reality?” Night light ask.

“Yes, I did actually. Do you remember how disastrous the last grand galloping gala was?”

“Yeah, I remember reading in the paper that the ballroom was damaged pretty bad.” The blue unicorn said.

“Well, I was the architect that we build the ballroom, bigger, and better than ever.”

“So, you were the talented architect that made that place beautiful again. You’re really good.” Twilight velvet said.

“Thanks. Can I ask you both something?”

“Sure, ask away.” Nightlight said.

“Are there any more family members coming over?”

“No not this year. You, Cadence, Shining, Twilight and Spike, are the only ones. The rest of the family or either on vacation or decide to stay home this year, but they will be here for wedding.”

“That’s good to hear.”

*Ding*

“That’s our heartwarming dinner.” Velvet said as got up from her chair and walk towards the kitchen.

It didn’t take long for everyone to find a seat at the dinner table. A minute later Velvet placed mouthwatering dishes in front of the hungry guest.

Before they had a chance to dig in nightlight got everyone’s attention by tapping his fork against his glass.

“Every pony before we dig in, I want to propose a toast. Not only for this wonderful meal we’re about to have but also for a wonderful new year I don’t know what’s going to happen in the year 1010 but I know it’s going to be very interesting.”

Night light raised his glass high and said, “To a wonderful new year.”

“To a wonderful new year.” Everyone else repeated before they took a sip of their beverages.

The rest of the evening flew by like a rocket as they told funny jokes and enjoyed each other’s company.