• Published 16th Oct 2022
  • 1,549 Views, 54 Comments

The Royal Three - Kingstar008



This story is mainly about three brothers name Atlas, Apollo, and Artemis they were sucked through a portal while on vacation at first they have lost all hope of having a normal life that’s when there new friends prove them wrong.

  • ...
10
 54
 1,549

A new path forward

After finishing his hot chocolate, and giving the cup back to the little café, where it came from
Atlas went on his way to try to find that spa that Apollo told him about.

After the 24 hours he had he needed some R&R so he can prepare himself for more mind-blowing info about this strange world.

Following the phone tracking app, he had installed before the trip, he was surprised that Artemis was close by instead of being on the other side of this massive castle.

“If I take a left here, that means it should be down the hal- “

since Atlas was glued to his phone screen and not watching where he was going, he accidentally bumped into something.

“Ouch”

Or someone.

Looking down to see that he accidentally knocked maid down. Atlas helped her up.

“Are you alright miss? Sorry for bumping into you I wasn’t looking where I was going.”


“It’s ok, I’m all right. Oh it’s you from last night. Your name is Apollo, right?”

“No, my name is Atla- wait a second, you’re the white pegasus that came into the dining hall in a panic because of blue blood, right?”

“Yeah, that was me. If you don’t mind me asking, where were you going in such a hurry?” The maid ask while trying to fix her light red hair.

“I wasn’t in a hurry actually”

“With the impact I felt, I would beg to differ”

“Before I go, can you tell me where you got that golden stripe in your hair? It looks cool”

“Oh, you mean this, I was born with it”

“…. You’re joking, right? You didn’t put dying in your hair or anything?”


“Nope, this is completely natural”

Once again, Atlas felt like his brain going off the rails.

“So, what you’re telling me is every pony in this world have multi-colored hair as their natural hair color?”

“Pretty much, but sometimes ponies are born with no stripes in their maines”

“Wow, I didn’t know that, at first I thought this place was filled to the brim with ponies dying their hair all the time.”

“Wait, a second isn’t Celestia‘s hair dyed? Because her hair has a lot of stripes and colors in it”

“Technically no, because her natural maine color is pink”

“What do you mean technically no?”

“When she ascended onto throne and gained full control of the sun, it had an unintended side effect of changing the color of her hair from pink to the multicolor maine you see today.”

“Can she change it back?”

“She can, but she likes it like that”

Atlas sighed and started rubbing his right temple

“Wow, I never thought I was going to learn something while walking, and yet here we are.”

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I mean after the emotional roller coaster me, and my siblings had this morning and finding out the fact that this city is on top of a mountain. And other hard to believe stuff.
If you were in my position, you understand where I’m coming from.”

“Oh, I’m guessing your world is vastly different from this one, right?”

“Correct. Now I know you’re busy and stuff, so I’m just going to continue on my little journey. I will see you around miss…”

“Ruby, Ruby rose”

“All right, I’ll see you around Ruby and as I was saying earlier my name is Atlas, Atlas Yukon”

“All right, I’ll see you around Atlas.”

Before and Atlas could continue his walk to spa. Rose turned around and call for him again.

“Wait! Before you go, can you tell me where your brother Apollo is?”

“He is in the castle library on the fourth floor in front of the massive observation window the last time I checked”

“All right, thank you. And see you later.”

“Right back at ya”

And with that at least was back on his quest to find the castle spa

===•••===
(five minutes later)

After five minutes of walking, at least finally arrive at his destination.

“This should be the place”

In front of him were two big double doors, not as big as the ones who leading into the throne room but pretty big nonetheless.


When Atlas expected was a pretty decent little place just to relax.

What he didn’t expect what is the most beautiful sight he has ever seen up to that point.

It was like the most experience architects and builders from ancient Rome to the 21st-century, came together to create this beautiful oasis.

A well-lit foyer with beautiful pillars made of marble on each side of the atrium in front of him.
The most beautiful couches he has ever seen surrounding a little fire pit. And the smell of lavender was in the air. And the cherry on top was a beautiful fountain in the middle of the whole thing.

It was enough to make a grown man cry.
Well enough to make Atlas cry, at least.

“Did I die and went to heaven?”

“What a coincidence, your brother said the same exact thing”

Hearing the voice, cause Atlas to snap out of his shock induced state and look to his right to see a light purple pony with no horn or wings.


“How long were you standing there?”

“Before you came in here. This is the reception after all. you’re lucky that my friend wasn’t at the other reception, desk right behind you or else they’ll be two ponies seeing you like this.” Said the receptionist, while an amuse smile.

After a brief moment awkwardness, Atlas walked over to the reception desk.

“So, what brings you to the castle spa today?”

“Well, I came here for some relaxation but after seeing how beautiful the places I don’t know i can afford this” the human said, while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Well, don’t worry about that. The spa is free to all castle guests. But we do take tips though.”


“For real? All right what do you guys have here then?”

===•••===
(four minutes later)
Artemis’ P.O.V

‘Oh yeah, that’s the spot’

Artemis was living the dream. Ever since leaving the throne room, instead of staying in the library like his two brothers. Instead, he decided to explore and thank goodness he did.

When he found this place and learned that he doesn’t need to pay for it. He took full advantage of the sauna and a hot spring and now he is getting a full back massage.

‘Nothing could possibly ruin this mome-‘

BZZZZ BZZZZ

Unfortunately, for Artemis, his thoughts were interrupted when his phone went off

“(Sigh) Excuse me miss I know you’re busy doing your job and all but, can you pass me my phone please”

Masseuse stopped what she was doing, and passed him his phone.

“Here you go, sir”

“Thank you ma’am”

Sitting up and taking the phone out of the young lady's hand, Artemis wanted to see who interrupted his peaceful moment.

And he found out right away.

Atlas: hey bro, I know that I might be interrupting something, but I just want to let you know that I am in the spa and about to take a little soak in the hot spring maybe get a little back massage later.
See Ya later.

‘It looks like I’m going to get some company later’
Artemis thought.

“Is everything all right sir”

“Nah, it’s just one of my siblings decided to join me, that’s all”

“Would you like me to continue?”

“Yes, please” Artemis said, and dropped his phone onto the ground.

===•••===
(8:50 a.m.)

After spending 35 minutes in the luxurious spa, Atlas and Artemis decided it was time to meet the princesses in the Throne room. Apollo followed suit after Atlas called him.

When they arrive at their destination, the three of them decided to greet them in unison.

“Hey princesses, what do you want to talk….to…. us..about?”

For the triplets times slowdown as they were greeting the princesses they noticed that they weren’t alone as they were talking to twilight.

But there was another person with them that they didn’t expect to see.

In fact, it wasn’t a person at all, but a green and purple reptile. Wearing a green shirt with long pants.

For what felt like forever no one moved a muscle, except for the dragon, who was clearly getting uncomfortable from the humans staring at him.

Finally, Atlas broke the silence.

“Twilight, do you remember telling us dragons existed and all that and I didn’t believe it”

“Yes”

“The reptile that’s standing right next to you…... is that a dragon? “

“Yes, he is. In fact, his name is spike”

“I don’t believe it, if he’s a dragon, is he supposed to have wings?” Artemis ask still not believing that he’s seeing a dragon right in front of him.

“Of course I don’t have wings right now. I’m only 11.” Spike said getting a little irritated at this point.

‘Of course, he’s 11 years old. If twilight is 5.8 that means he must be only 5 foot two.' Artemis thought to himself.

“Wait aren’t dragons also supposed to breathe fire?” Apollo asked.

Instead of answering his question, Spike walked a few feet away from twilight and princesses and blew fire like he was a flamethrower.

After finishing his demonstration, Spike look back at the three humans.

All three of them were shocked with their mouth wide open.

“Yep, he’s a dragon” they said in unison.

“If you don’t mind me asking, why did you guys wanted me to prove that I was a dragon?”

“Well, because just like unicorns, pegasi, and magic. Dragons are a myth in the world we’re from. The reason why we ask you to do all of that is because we thought you was only a dragon by name. like so many reptiles back on earth.” Artemis explained.

But before spike could ask any more questions, Atlas spoke up.

“Hey guys, are we getting a bit off topic here? I mean we’re not here just to have a Q&A were here because the sisters just want to talk to us something. Isn’t that, right? Your majesty‘s”


“That’s correct” Luna responded.

“Getting back on topic, you three must be wondering why me and Luna called you back here.”


“Yeah, I was about to ask you that,” said Apollo.


“Well, ever since you guys received a terrible news that you’ll never go home, Luna and I decided to help you three get jobs to financially support yourselves.” Celestia said, with a smile.


“Hold on right there. Don’t you think you two are helping us a bit too much? Because I don’t want to be a burden on you guys" Atlas said.


“Nonsense, you three not burdens we’re glad to help and the questions that you been asking about Equestria proves to me and my sister that you guys will be going in blind if you tried to get jobs by yourself let alone live a normal life” Luna responded.


“So the first order of business, were going to ask you your special talents or job experience.”
Celestia said.


“Before I answer your question, what do you mean by ‘special talent’?” Atlas ask, fearing that it was it another odd fact about Equestria.

“She means you’re a cutie mark” Said Twilight.


Imagine a record, scratch sound happening at this moment.

“Hold the bloody phone, what the heck is a cutie mark?”

“Well, it’s a symbol that represents your special talent. For example, mine represents my ability to raise and lower the moon.” Luna responded.

Atlas felt himself getting a stroke.

“…...I…...wha… what?”

“Don’t humans have cutie marks as well?” Spike asks.

“No humans don’t have special talents. I mean we do but we don’t get a mark for it. Wait a second that’s why you guys have symbols on your clothing where in the side of your butt is?”

“precisely” Luna responded.

“Well, at least you took the information well. I can’t say the same thing about your brothers”
Spike said pointing behind Atlas.

Atlas looks behind him and saw that Apollo and Artemis were both mumbling and walking around in circles, trying to digest the information they just heard.

“Congratulations you guys you broke them. Guy snap out of it will ask questions later, all right”

“Fine” said Artemis and Apollo.


“Since humans don’t have cutie marks, what job or career fields you three do exactly” Celestia ask.


“Well, before coming here, all three of us were sophomores in university. sophomore mean second years. Atlas explained.


“All right, so what were you studying then?”
Celestia ask with interest.

“Well, I was studying military engineering and political science”

Apollo was next.

“Aviation engineering and political science”

And last, but not least, Artemis.

“Architecture and economics”

The princesses were very impressed.

“Oh, what a surprise. We got three scholars in here” Luna said.

"Very impressive. it looks like you guys had big ambitions in your lives." Celestia agreed.

“Yeah, because we didn’t want to become failures”
Artemis said.

“But I do have one question though, what is aviation engineering?” Luna said, confused.

“How am I supposed to explain this. well basically, an aviation engineer designs and builds aircraft.
It could be for civilian use or military. Or a rare case, space shuttles. And I’m guessing you don’t know what aircraft is don’t you” Apollo said.

“Does a blimp count?” ask Celestia.

“Yes”

“So, you wanted to design and build blimps for a living?”

“Not exactly. I was thinking of something more like this.”

Apollo pulled out his phone and show the Royal sisters and Twilight a photo.

What they saw shock them.

It was a photo of an Air France Boeing 747 taking off from JFK.

“What in Faust name is that?!” Twilight said, not believing what she is seeing on his phone

“What you’re seeing here is a photo of an airplane it can be used for passengers or cargo.” Apollo explained.

“So you were studying to design and build something like that?” Luna ask.

Yes I was, but we could do this later for now I want to know what telling you guys about my college majors has to do with you guys helping us get jobs.”

“Well, back to the subject at hand, me and Luna was thinking about this ever since you three left the throne room after hearing the devastating news and we were wondering if you two would like to become our advisors” celestia ask, hoping they would say yes.

“Wait a second, you want us, two college sophomores to be your political advisors!” Atlas asks.

“Yes, since you two studied political science, when you were in college, you guys seem like the perfect match and you guys also have better manners than some nobles in this city” Luna said.

“Wait, what’s going to happen with your old advisors?”

“Well, my old advisor was caught in a corruption scandal and he is now in jail. And Celestia’s advisor retired.
Sometimes Tia sometimes goes over to her house and have a cup of tea with her and her family.”

“Well, you’re lucky that both of us were the best in our classes, or else we would’ve had to decline for obvious reasons” Apollo said, with a smile.

The Royal sisters were about to respond then they realize that both of them accepted their offer.

“Huzzah” Luna cheered.

“Wait, what about Artemis? Atlas ask.

“I was just getting to that, since he studied economics in college, he would be a perfect fit for the job I have for him in mind, but before I ask him, I do have one question. Are you on top of your class?” Celestia ask.

“Yes, I am actually in fact when we were supposed to go home I was planning to tell everyone that I got excepted into honor classes, but then we got transported here. Heck, I even have the papers to prove it in my travel bag.”

“So that was the surprise you were telling us about at Niagara Falls. Well, congratulations.” Apollo said, giving his brother a pat on the back.

“Well, in that case, how would you feel if I offered you to become the royal economist?”

Artemis’ jaw dropped.

“You want to trust me with the nation’s financial state?”

“Yes, yes I do”

“Your majesty, I feel humbled by your proposal, but why me and what happened to the old Economist?”


That question turn Celestia is pleasant smile into a frown in a split second

“(A long drawn out Sigh) He was the ringleader in the corruption scandal. Embezzling money to himself to fund his lavish lifestyle. And he nearly drove Equestria into a recession. Me and Luna had migraines from trying to clean that mess up.”


“How stupid do you have to be to not only involve yourself with something like that but started in the first place. Ha ha ha you know thanks for telling me the story that actually made me feel better about myself a bit.”


“So what do you say?” Celestia said, with a hopeful smile.

Two words. I accept.” Artemis said with a big smile.

Then the sun princess did something no one had expected. She walked up to Artemis and hugged him with the tightest bear hug he have ever felt.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you don’t want to know how long I wanted that position filled”

“I……. can’t.……. breathe.”


Noticing that she is now strangling her new employee. Celestia ended the hug and gave Artemis a sheepish smile.

“Ha ha, sorry about that sometimes I forget how strong I am”

Artemis didn’t respond since he was too busy trying to regain oxygen.


“Celestia, how long did you want a position to be filled?” Apollo asks.

“Five months”


“Five months (cough, cough) why was it empty for so long?” Said Artemis, finally able to talk again.

“Well, every candidate that I found was either taken, declined the offer, or was just as corrupt as the last one.”

“Lucky for you. We have a good moral compass, so you don’t have to worry about something like that happening ever again.” said Atlas.

And then Apollo realize something.

“Hey guys, don’t we need to get new wardrobe, especially with our new positions?”

“Oh yeah I haven’t thought about that” Atlas responded.


“Maybe I can help. Canterlot it’s not only the capital but also the fashion capital of Equestria
I can take you to the nearest tailor shop and help you get a new wardrobe” Twilight offered with a smile.

“You don’t have to do that we can do it on our own” Artemis replied.


“No, no no I insist that’s what friends are for right”

“But didn’t you guys do enough for us already?
Think about it, you gave us rooms for us to sleep in, absolutely gorgeous bedrooms I might add, and you gave us jobs to support ourselves. At this point, I feel like we’re just leaching off of you guys.” Apollo said as his siblings agreeing with him.

“Oh, come on you colts are not leaching off of us we’re glad to help you out. and we could tell that you three or generous, considered, and hard-working, and the statement Apollo just said just proves that even more.” Luna said with a small smile.


“you three are very convincing you know that. Fine Twilight I accept your offer.”
Artemis said.

“Wonderful, what about you two?”
Celestia, asked.

“Same over here”
Atlas responded.

“All right, why not?”
Apollo said

All right, follow me I know the perfect tailor shop in town”

“Before I forget to ask, when do we start working?”

“You three will start working at 8 AM if you have questions, my secretary Raven inkwell will help you out with that.” Celestia answered.

And with that, twilight and the humans left the throne room, leaving the royal sisters by themselves.


“Hey Tia”

“Hmm”

“ They are going do some interesting things, aren’t they?”

“Yep, it’s going to be very interesting to see them deal with nobles and other government officials”

“So what’s next on today’s to do list?”

“Well Lulu, next thing on today’s list is going to meet some nobles and unfortunately not the pleasant ones”

“Oh, Faust dammit”

===•••===

After the hour-long headache inducing meaning that Luna and Celestia had to suffer through.
They were finally free for the rest of the day.
Just in time for twilight and the humans to arrive back into the castle.

For the rest of the day the Royal sisters, and the humans hung out with each other. Mostly talking about what life on earth was like.

The most interesting moment happen when Apollo told Luna that humans landed on the moon. At first, she didn’t believe him until Apollo explained that he was named after the mission that landed humans on the moon and she use a lie detection spell.

By evening all of them had a busy day, so instead of having dinner at usual time, they decide to have a dessert party instead.

Luckily, for them, no blue blood insight.

===•••===
June 13 1009 (2009)
7:30 AM
Atlas POV


Beep beep, beep, beep, beep beep

Hearing the sound of his phone alarm going off.
Atlas try to find his phone on his nightstand to his right while half asleep.

After successfully turning off the alarm, the sleepy human got up and got ready for the day.

(15 minutes later)

Atlas, looked himself in the mirror, checking if anything was out of place. He he was wearing a simple tuxedo jacket with black pants and a red tie. On the left side of his jacket was a small pin shaped like the sun and moon emblem of Equestria.

“Atlas you looking good today a little over the top but who gives a crap”

After making sure everything was in the right place, he decided it was time for him to go out into the world.

Atlas was prepared for what the day will bring him.

But what he wasn’t prepared for, was seeing a gray unicorn with a brown maine and glasses. And holding a clipboard in her hands.

“Hmm, you came out just in time”

“I’m sorry, miss who are you and why you’re standing outside of my door” Atlas ask the earth pony with a bit of confusion and suspicion in his voice.

“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Raven, Raven inkwell and I’m here to answer any questions you may have about your new position.”


“Oh, your Celestia‘s secretary, if I remember correctly, right”

“That is correct”

“Well then it’s nice to meet you miss inkwell, my name is-“

Raven, then shushed him

“Atlas Yukon, I already know your name”

This surprised him a bit.

“How did you know-“

“One, Celestia already told me your names. And two, your brothers woken up before you. Artemis is in his new office and Apollo is heading towards the throne room as we speak.”


Saying that Atlas was impressed wasn’t an understatement.

“But before we go, I see that you have your journal, but you don’t have a feather to write with”


“Oh, don’t worry about that. I already have a pen right here.”

Atlas, reached into his pocket and pulled out a blue ink pen.

Raven never seen a feather or a “pen” he called it like that before. In fact, she was a bit jealous.

“Right, I almost forgot that Celestia told me that you three have brought interesting technology.
So, I’m guessing that you’re ready for the day?
Raven ask.

“Ready when you are”

“All right then, let’s go”

Following raven’s lead Atlas walked with her towards the throne room.


(Five minutes later)

“ We’re almost there. Before we go inside, do you have any more questions for me?”

“Yes actually, does the princesses have more duties or is day court all they do?”

“Well, that’s a very good question. They have more duties is just day court is the first one on the list.”

“So, what is the purpose of day court?”


“Well, day court is for ordinary citizens of Equestria to come and talk to the princesses whether it be a problem in the town or city or a bill proposal. Or, and this is a downside of it. For greedy and selfish nobles to ask the princesses favors.”
Raven explained.

“So, the Royal sisters are the actual leaders of the nation, and not just two figureheads”

“Yes, although there is a legislative branch that approves or denies laws, the princesses hold majority of the political power within the kingdom”

As raven and Atlas walked closer to their destination, they noticed a line forming in front of the doors.

“I’m guessing these are the people that are here for the princesses, right?”

“If people means ponies, yes you are correct. Since today is Saturday today is going to be quite busy.”


As the duo walk past the line, all of the ponies in it looked at atlas with either wonder, curiosity, or mistrust.

But it didn’t matter he ignored all the looks he got.

As they got closer to the doors, one of the guards notice them approaching, and opened it for them.

In fact, the guard question was Corporal Cyclone.

After entering, he saw the two sisters on their thrones and Apollo right beside Luna’s throne and nearby a mini waterfall that was built into the platform where the thrones were located.

Apollo made eye contact with his brother and nodded his head with Atlas doing the same.

After that atlas made his way towards the spot right next to Celestia’s throne.

‘A minute early, not so bad for her first day’
Atlas thought to himself while checking his phone for the time.

Before he knew it, the clock hit eight and day court officially opened. And the start of Atlas first day on the job.

===•••===
(2 hours later)

To say that the last two hours were interesting was an understatement at first, when Raven announced who was coming in, they always asked the Royals about Land dispute, ideas to improve prove their little farms towns and there was the cute moment when a little filly wanted to meet the Royals for the first time.

They were some pretty selfish ponies as well. Like one stallion ask the sisters to lower the taxes on the upper middle class. When Apollo ask who’s going to take the burden for the taxes in his idea, the stallion said the commoners will. Obviously, the sisters rejected this idea.

And there were some that were downright heartless. Like one unicorn mare ask Celestia
To kick every thestral out of Canterlot.
When Apollo ask what was a thestral and Luna
Pointed at Sergeant Lydia (who was the same bat pony guard that captured Apollo) Luna and Apollo both tore into the racist like there was no tomorrow. And after the mare called Apollo a ‘brain dead freak’ Celestia kicked her out.

Fortunately, for all of them. She was the last one for the day

===•••===
10:10 AM
Castle library
3rd floor

After their business was done in the throne room Apollo and Atlas decided to meet Artemis in the castle library.

After a few minutes of waiting, Artemis arrived with two newspapers underneath his right arm.

“What took you so long?” Atlas asks.

“These newspapers I think you’re going to love them” Artemis ask, barely containing his laughter.

Atlas, and Apollo both took one newspaper, and their faces fell with horror at what they saw.

Both newspapers showed two photos on the front page. The first photo was of Atlas, running out of a red cloud of Cayenne pepper.

And the second photo showed Apollo being hoisted up into the air by the lunar guard.

And to make matters worse for the both of them there was no photo of Artemis anywhere.

“Where is your photo?” Apollo asks.

“Turn to page 2”

Both of them turn to page to only to be met with a photo of all three of them running like maniacs down Main Street.

“OK I have to admit that’s pretty funny”
Atlas, said.

“I know right I was walking towards the library when I saw cyclone reading the very same newspaper. You guys are reading, and I asked him where I can get three copies, he told me nearby the guard Barracks. So now we have a photos of all three of us causing chaos in the city forever.” Artemis said, given up on holding in his laughter.

“Is this a local newspaper or a national one?”
Apollo ask hoping no one has seen it yet.

“If I remember correctly, the Phoenix daily is a national newspaper, and the number one most read newspaper. So, everyone the nation will see it.” Said Artemis.

“Goddamnit”