• Published 26th Feb 2022
  • 1,026 Views, 29 Comments

The Young Princess of Aurora - Changeling-Writer



The Northern kingdom of Aurora has always lived with the ideal of isolationism. However when the Queen of the quiet kingdom finally accepts an invite to the Grand galloping gala the princesses are left wondering what changed.

  • ...
2
 29
 1,026

A New Day in Canterlot Pt:1

Twilight looked away from her mother, a small smile on her lips as she looked around the room. Even now the decorations strung along the castle's polished halls. Tasteful streamers and flowers lining the walls as the group moved along. Luna continued to make small talk with her sister. speaking of the preparations and getting the last of the work done before the gala could come into full swing tomorrow. After all they only had a few hours before the remaining dignitaries would be arriving. All while the telepathic conversation continued behind them.

”I wasn’t showing off mother, I was helping a filly. It's the same thing that court mage Spectrum did for me. Transfiguration is not easy. She needed a bit of a push to get it down. After all, the book she had would do little for anything outside of turning an apple into an orange.” Twilight responded as her eyes drifted back over the Princesses. hardly listening to their conversation. Something about griffin diets and the need to properly feed them. Twilight remembered that griffins were omnivores with a love of meat, thus a few meat dishes would be needed for them.

Eventide rolled her eyes as she looked over at her daughter, but she continued as they turned down a hall. one of each guard stood along its walls. Golden, silver, dark blue metal glinted softly in the evening light as the four guards saluted the passing princesses, Before falling in behind them, Clearly they had been sent to await the royals and escort them back to the guest rooms. The crystalline crown on the Aurora guard's head glowed dimly as he sent a message out to his fellow guards.” Queen and princess under protection, We will be arriving shortly. Nighwish and Spellbound, you're on evening watch.”

”Twilight, Twilight, how many times do I have to tell you that no matter what your motive is you have to remember that your title has a weight far greater than even mine. After all I may be a Queen but here in Equestria it's the princesses that run the world. So even now what you did will be sweeping through the halls and out into the city. By tomorrow afternoon everyone in Canterlot will know.” Eventide Responded to her daughter, Ignoring the orders her caption gave. Her soft blue magic brushing a lock of her daughter's mane out of her eyes as they walked, rounding a final corner they was the alicorn of love and prince of Canterlot standing beside one another, Both mother and daughters eyes looked up at the tiara that sat on Cadence’s head. The queen's smile vanished as the mask hid away her emotions, Twilight however had no such reservations as she spoke.

“Princess Cadence, Where did you get that tiara?” Twilight asked, doing her best to keep her voice soft. Seeing it here in Canterlot had been unexpected, and it made a bit of anger flare up inside her chest as she already knew the answer. After all, herself and Cadence had not been there, But a noticeably quiet alabaster and night blue pair of alicorns had been. Even as she waited for the pink alicorn to respond her mage sight already danced over the blue crystal that was faceted into the silver. There was no question, it was the real thing.

“Oh, Princess Twilight. I was given it by my aunt Celestia, I had been in a bit of a rush at your arrival and had forgotten it. Thankfully Blueblood reminded me to wear it this time.” Cadence responded as she let out a small chuckle. Hiding her smile behind a hood as she looked at the lavender alicorn that was staring intently at the crown that topped her head. only to be stopped as her mother sent a mental push to keep civil.

“Well, I think it looks lovely on you Princess Cadence, Please forgive me but after a long trip I am just ready to lay down before the revelry tomorrow.” Eventide Interrupted as she gestured to the door. Twilight bowed her head before turning and trotting into the room.

Eventide had to gently shut the door behind herself. A small frozen pulling ate her lips as she looked over at her daughter. waiting to hear the steps of others to vanish down the hall. It didn't take much longer before she decided to speak.

“Twilight, you must learn to hold your tongue. You're always too quick to ask questions and speak when sometimes holding your tongue would be far better." Queen Eventide let out an annoyed whiney, a hoof rubbing over her mane. Her body seemed to sag as she showed just how old she was, ruling alone while trying to raise her daughter and keep her kingdom together. The weight of the crown and motherhood leaving lines and crow's feet marrying her one pristine face.

Twilight let out a sigh as she looked up at her mother. A small frown pulling at her lips. She knew that her mother was right. What could she say to her mother? After all, she instantly assumed that she was only wearing it for fashion. But her cutie mark was the crystal heart, the symbol of the crystal empire before it was stolen away by the mad king somber and the umbra. She had to be the heir, and that was both a good and a bad sign for the future. After all, the princesses of Equestria coils have the future ruler of a foren empire in their pocket. And one of the few places that the kingdom of Arora actually deals with. “I… I'm sorry mother, I wasn’t thinking about it right. I was just worried, While the Gem is not active the princesses have no idea what they are doing.”

“Calm yourself, I told you before. The two princesses fought Sombra. They nearly defeated him and his mind controlled army. But when they went in for the final strike he cast a spell to steal away the Empire, they fell responsible for the loss of the crystal empire. Of course they would adopt the future heir and raise her for her destiny.” Evertide spoke softly as she rubbed her forehead, clearly understanding what was happening. After all it wasnt that uncommon for nobility of heirs to spend time in their childhood in the cort of a foren empire. This was just a bit more than your average cort stay.

“And you're not worried about what this could mean for the future relations between are three kingdoms? Yes, I have been hoping for more open ties with other countries but having the one kingdom we actually have ties to being connected so closely with the Equestrians. I wanted to get friendship and trade through on my own merits.” Twilight responded with a small frown pulling at her lips, carefully undoing the chains over her horn and head. The pristine silver chains holding the softly glowing blue gemand setting it down on the nightstand. Her raspberry magic laing it out flat to prevent it from tangling. She ruffled her wings gently, after keeping them closed all day she wanted to go for a quick fly.

She is thinking too much already. I haven’t even died yet and she's already making plans on how to change the kingdom. At least she has plans and doesn't just sit around and do nothing for the rest of her life. Eventide thought to herself for a few moments, taking off her tiara and setting it beside her daughter's own royal dressings. Letting out a quiet sigh, looking over at the one bed that was in the room. Then she looked around the fancy room and in all honesty this could be an entire apartment. A bedroom off to the side, a sitting room close to the door and its own small private kitchen. It was almost crazy how extravagant that the canterlot castle was. Built like a home for a goddess, it wasn't that the Auroran capital wasn’t beautiful but how did one compare the natural beauty of a city on the side of a mountain. Made of amazing marble and gold.

The capital of Aroran gleamed in its own splendor of glass and metal, The towers standing taller than most places around here in the land of stone and masonry. Arora was a country of mountains and valleys, space had to be used wisely and even villages on the side of mountains were on hoof made platos. Not a magic supported plato on the side. But she didn’t need to think about that at the moment. Eventide was too tired to deal with this. “My little sparkle, let us forget this and go to bed. We can formally apologize to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza in the morning and then you can teach her about the gem. After all, she doesn't have any idea what it is. Or she would have commented about are matching gems.”

Twilight nodded as she hid a yawn behind her wing, looking past her mother and to the bed with a small smile on her lips. “So, I guess we will be sharing a bed. Like when I was little. When I was scared of the thunderstorms that would come through the capital. I would always run past your door guards and jump into your bed to hide from the lightning and thunder.” The lavender alicorn spoke softly as she trotted over to the bed. A smile pulling at her lips before her magic pulled back the covers for the bed. The small suns and moons that decorated the blanket looked almost like a baby blanket. It was almost an amazing how simple something like that could seem almost childish. But that makes sense, After all this was the castle of the two sisters. Of the day and night so its understandable that they would decorate the castle with their celestial bodys.

Eventide let out a snort as she moved to lay down in the bed, as she had found getting woken up in the middle of the night was something she was glad her daughter didn't do anymore. After all, she was woken up enough in the middle of the night for whatever emergency that some nobel didn't think could wait until morning to complain and demand that it must be fixed. She had to increase the guards and appoint a night secretary for the nights so she could actually get some sleep through the night.

“Have a good night mom, I love you.” Twilight spoke softly as she leaned in and nuzzled against her mothers cheek. A smile on her lips as she felt her mother nuzzle her back. It didn’t take long before twilight had fallen asleep, her head in the crook of her mothers neck. Starting to snore softly as her mother just rolled her eyes even as a leg wrapped around her daughter's sleeping form. Holding her gently as she thought again about what Celestia had said. That her daughter was immortal, and she was getting older. She hoped she would remain with her daughter for a long time but she never knew what would happen. What would Twilight do if she were to pass away tomorrow? If she were to be gone in a year? What about fifty years from now when everyone she had grown up around were old, and some had already passed on. Or in a century? As strict as she had to be with her daughter she didn’t want her to be lost or alone. The only other immortals in the world would be the three Equestrian princesses. The only three that would understand the feeling of watching the world shift and change around you. It was something that Eventide would be able to teach her daughter. Something she could never truly understand, just speculate. It was these thoughts that she fell asleep to, the worry and hope that her daughter would be happy and safe in the future.

Comments ( 6 )

Yeah update thanks it was great

Well i don't really know what to say other then its a great update

11166804
Can it be read on fimfetch.net?

11357817
Yes, you can read the the first three original chapters on fimfetch.

That was a good chapter goodluck with the next one.

The only three that would understand the feeling of watching the world shift and change around you. It was something that Eventide would be able to teach her daughter.

I think this should be "It was something that Eventide would not be able to teach her daughter".

Login or register to comment