• Published 22nd Feb 2022
  • 788 Views, 15 Comments

Rise of a Duel Master (Reboot) - Darth Severus



Spike has entered the Battle City Tournament. As he aims for the finals, he discovers secrets, both dangerous ones, and ones about himself. How will Spike handle these dark and mysterious secrets.

  • ...
3
 15
 788

Game of Darkness

Despite the Battle City Tournament taking place, Spike still had to go to school. It was study break, and he was altering his HERO deck to include some new cards that the Supreme King had recommended. He said to himself, "I never knew there were so many different HERO monsters, and they're all so cool!"

Shortly after he finished altering his deck, he saw a student who he recognized as Blueblood, laughing at another student, Button Mash, and could overhear him saying, "How pathetic! Did you really think those cards could beat mine? I'm one of the richest people in town, I have the money to get the best cards!"

Spike growled, if there was one thing he hated, it was bullies. He stood up and walked over to them and said, "You really think you're special? You're just a royal prick who flaunts his money around, I'm surprised you haven't been mugged before."

Blueblood growled, "You little runt! My cards are the best, you can't possibly beat me!"

Spike let the Supreme King take control and he became Yami Spike before saying, "You duel like a coward, using money doesn't make you a better duelist, you're essentially buying your way in."

Blueblood rolled his eyes, "And what's the problem with that? I have the money to afford the best, so the best is what I deserve."

Spike yawned and told him, "In other words, you have no skill, and I'll prove it." looking to the clock on the wall, he said, "It's too late to start a duel here and now, meet me in the courtyard after class. My HEROs will take you down."

Blueblood laughed, "Please, I could easily beat you before the bell rings, but fine, I'll give you the time to think this over and choose not to duel me."

As the bell rang, Spike headed to his next class, and as he was in the hallway, he could hear people whispering about the fact he stood up to Blueblood.

Two hours later...

Spike was looking through his cards as he waited for Blueblood to show up. When he did, he stood up and said, "Well, I'm here, and so are you. I suppose you took very little time deciding what cards to use."

Blueblood shrugged smugly and said, "Like it matters, you can't beat my cards."

Spike rolled his eyes, "We'll see about that." before shuffling his deck and inserting it into his duel disk. "For sport's sake, I'll let you go first."

As Blueblood shuffled his deck and put it in his own duel disk, he drew his first five cards. "I summon Volcanic Rocket in Attack Position! Next, using its effect, I can get a Blaze Accelerator from my deck! Next, I activate Blaze Accelerator, but since you don't have any monsters on the field, I can't activate its effects yet, so I end my turn."

Spike drew a card from his deck and smirked, before saying to Blueblood, "Tell me, what do you think about karma?" before holding his hand out, not showing his hand though, he said, "With the six cards I hold in my hand, I'll defeat you in this first, and only turn!"

Blueblood laughed, almost to the point where he was catching his breath, "Seriously? You think a brat like you can beat me on his first turn? You really are delusional!"

Spike chuckled, "Seems that way, but you'll see what I mean soon enough. First, I summon Evil HERO Infernal Gainer in Attack Position! Next, I think I'll use this spell card, Dark Fusion! Dark Fusion lets me summon a Fusion monster from my Extra deck, as long as I have the right materials."

Blueblood was shocked that Spike was able to perform a fusion summon on his first turn, but kept his composure, "Like you have any good Fusions."

Spike rolled his eyes and said, "By fusing my Evil HERO Malicious Edge with another Evil HERO Malicious Edge, I call out this monster! Witness darkness itself! Evil HERO Malicious Fiend!"

Blueblood's eyes went wide when he saw the powerful Evil HERO standing against him, and stuttered, "Wh-What!? How could a trash urchin like you get such a rare card!? You must have stolen it!"

Spike growled, "I'm no thief Blueblood, I duel with honor, and I rely on my skill, not my allowance. Sure, I have some luck, but luck is still no substitute for true skill. And I'm not done with my turn! I activate Infernal Gainer's effect! By sending it to the future, my Evil HERO Malicious Fiend can attack twice this battle phase!" before sending Evil HERO Infernal Gainer to his banished zone on his duel disk.

Blueblood's legs were shaking as if they were made of jelly, "I-I can't believe this! This can't be happening!"

Spike smiled, "Sorry, but this is no nightmare! Malicious Fiend, attack his Volcanic Rocket!" As his fiend attacked, it dug its claws into the monster, destroying it completely.

As his Life Points fell to 2400, Blueblood was panicking, saying, "Please! We can work something out! I'll pay you!"

Spike shook his head, chuckling lightly, "Pay me? To throw a duel? Please, you just proved my point about you. You don't have skill; you just have money. No self-respecting duelist would ever throw a duel for money. Let's end this, Evil HERO Malicious Fiend, attack his life points directly!"

As Blueblood whimpered, Malicious Fiend attacked him the same way it attacked his Volcanic Rocket, and even though the claws were holographic, Blueblood screamed as they dug into him and his Life Points fell to 0. "I... I lost... but... but how? I have great cards, I spent hundreds on my deck, how could I lose?"

Spike told him, "Just because you have expensive cards doesn't mean you know how to use them. I wouldn't be surprised if you paid that student to lose during study break, you've probably never won a duel the old-fashioned way."

Blueblood stood silent, he didn't want to admit it, but Spike was right, all his life, he'd bribed people into throwing duels. He had never won a duel in his life. As he walked off, his head down, other students cheered for Spike.

Spike smiled as Blueblood left, he could tell his words got to him in the end. School had ended for the day, so he decided he was going to see Twilight at her grandfather's game shop to see what she thought of his new deck and to tell her how he stood up to a bully, something she had always done for him when they were kids.

Comments ( 10 )

Nice, Spike beat Blueblood so easy.

Hero deck.... I only see DPE is an annoyed one:rainbowwild:

11482530
When I first looked up DPE, it gave me Department of Public Education, now I know you're talking about Destiny HERO - Destroyer Phoenix Enforcer

11482575
:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Yes, he is very annoyed one. But hey, don't make Spike summon Dragoon, I will cringe a lot

P/S: I hate the leafy snake that can easy summon by two monster more. (Verte) Curse you snake

... That was it? That was a fast game, and its boring(not trying to discourage the story.), you made Blueblood look like a bad guy but that fell short with this duel. This duel is tampered by plot to favor Spike as Blueblood must have had at least 5 other cards(not including Volcanic Rocket and Blaze Accelerator which was added to hand by Volcanic Rockets effect from the Deck) in his hand to at least prepare for a counter measure to give some challenge. Without seeing what cards they have in their hand and didn't know what starting Life Points they have cause I don't feel like a person watching the duel.

Maybe next duel will change my mind on this duel. Hope to see...

11816349
NGL, this duel happened in Duel Links, it's on YouTube, and that's how the duel worked out

11816360
Does Spike only use 1 archetype or other different types of decks?

11816447
He's going to use a HERO deck for the most part, but not restricted to one HERO type. Elemental HERO monsters were my favorite as a kid, and then Evil HEROes came out, and I liked them more, but they didn't have a lot of support. There is a structure deck I found on Etsy that could work as a permanent deck

Now that I think about it, curious on how Smolder looks in this crossover too?

Login or register to comment