• Published 3rd Feb 2022
  • 1,484 Views, 14 Comments

I Always Had Eyes On You - Dragon-In-Black



Vinyl Scratch has always had eyes for a certain dragon, but will she manage to get the dragons attention or will she fail?

  • ...
3
 14
 1,484

3. Vinyl Scratch!

“... Accept you as my lawfully wedded wife.” Spike proclaimed inside of the church where he had just gotten married to the one and only, Vinyl Scratch, the deejay of Ponyville. Said mare who stood in front of him, showing off her red eyes that were filled with happy tears, running down her cheeks like an endless river.

Everypony there had tears within their eyes as they had explained how they met and what they felt for each other. And as it turned out, Spike was never interested in Rarity. How he explained it was that Vinyl Scratch had been behind Rarity when the two met fashionista for the first time, leading Spike to fall for the deejay while everypony else believed different.

That led to Rarity starting to giggle, she had been the only mare in Ponyville who knew the truth and knew that wherever she went, she always spotted Vinyl Scratch and at that moment is when Spike became the love-sick puppy that everypony was led to believe.

At this, many residents of Ponyville snickered and shook their heads in disbelief, not once realizing that Spike was into some mare else. But now, they could see how happy it made the deejay unicorn and dragon assistant.

This was something pure, something that was not fathomable for normal ponies to understand, all apart from princess Cadance who looked very smug about the whole ordeal.


He was so happy. So incredibly happy. He sneaked a glance at Vinyl who had a traditional white dress that made her figure look more feminine than her usual tomboyish style. The style that made Spike fall for her, like a brick falling from the sky.

They were sitting at the main table that was the largest that had Spike’s friends, family members, and the princess’. The table was made from obsidian stone which he had found in the Dragonlands when he saw the dragon migration and decided to head there to find out what it takes to be a dragon.

He did not find out what it takes, but he did find some obsidian, something that is deemed worthless in the Dragonlands only because it’s weaker in their eyes. Why it’s believed so is a complete mystery to Spike and Vinyl who was there with him throughout the ride.

So Spike and Vinyl brought it back home and they started to do different things to it, like, trying to find out if it was real and not another stone that looked similar, just to be on the safe side. But it was all real and they started to look at what Obsidian was commonly used for.

Strangely enough, they never found what it was used for. It was so rare that there were no records for what to do with it. So Spike proposed the idea that they make it into whatever they wanted. This led to Vinyl getting the genius idea that they use it as table and chairs after they finished carving them enough to be used.

And at the moment, Spike did not regret it one bit. The ponies there looked so shocked that obsidian was there along with the princess’. When Spike was about to tell Vinyl a story about him and Twilight, the both of them heard a common friend of theirs say;

“They simply must be richer than the nobles of Canterlot, there is no way they could have gotten this otherwise!” Their common friend was Fancy Pants who was a best noble friend of Spike. He did not sound mocking the slightest. His voice held a very large sign of respect.

The other ponies there started saying similar things, believing that Spike and Vinyl had more bits than they let on.

Vinyl couldn’t help but let out a quiet giggle at the awestruck audience who couldn’t believe their eyes as if they couldn’t believe that their friends and family members had deeper pockets than they imagined. Even the princess’ looked shocked, more so than Spike gave them credit for.

“Spike ...” Princess Celestia looked at the newly wedded dragon in the eyes, resembling a pegasus who has been flying four days without stopping. “Where did you get this?”

Glancing at Vinyl with heart in his eyes, he gave the unexpected reply; “I found it in the Dragonlands, most dragons see obsidian as useless and serve no purpose for them. You can find it laying around, like, everywhere over there.”

To say the answer shocked the ponies there would have been an understatement. Fancy Pants, along with the Princess’ looked like they were about to faint from the revelation which made Vinyl almost burst out laughing but she had a feeling that her best friend and bride of honour, Octavia Melody wouldn’t be happy because of the hours of learning the etiquette of a lady.

Spike on the other hand looked like he needed help with breathing from trying to hold in his laughter.

“Oh, it was so worth it!” Spike said, tears in his eyes from the reaction. Vinyl kept holding her hoof to her mouth to not laugh which was causing her cheeks to redden which didn’t go unnoticed by any pony in the room who looked between her and Spike.

“Um ... yes!” Vinyl said, still trying to sound like a proper lady which was not easy judging by the looks of the other ponies. And she had a feeling that she and Spike could not bribe themselves out of the problem.

“Are you guys ... serious?” Princess Cadance asked. She couldn’t believe that something so expensive as obsidian was seen as useless by a kingdom that was so secretive. But that is perhaps the reason she was so shocked; because the Dragonlands weren’t open to other creatures other than dragons and possibly other dragon-like creatures.

“Well, I have no reason to lie, it is the truth,” Spike said, calming down from his fits of laughter but doing his best to not burst out laughing again in case they asked a question that Vinyl wouldn't be able to answer.

The other ponies there still did not look entirely convinced but Twilight came to his aid with her voice of thought.

“It’s not that surprising,” Vinyl swore she heard a pin drop. “Dragons are very secretive and not many creatures can say that they have met one and the ones that have has, next to no information about their culture or traditions.” There were some murmurs of acknowledgment. “So it is safe to say that it shouldn’t come as a surprise considering that dragons have extremely strong scales which are almost not penetratable by magic or other objects.”

This time, the ponies looked convinced and agreed that it made sense. And they knew that Spike had never lied about his dragon culture of the little he’d learn over the years.

Looking at his newlywed wife, Spike took her hoof and everypony cheered for their marriage. There had been bumps on the road but they had learned to appreciate one another, learn from their mistakes, and love unconditionally. And now, they had taken their love to another level, a level that not a whole lot of ponies were able to say that they’d achieved in their younger years.

“I love you, Vinyl Scratch, I will always love and protect you.” He said, his voice carrying itself to all the ears of the ponies who smiled with tears in their eyes.

Vinyl, who openly wept happy tears, kissed Spike, making everypony cheer for the two.

Author's Note:

Hello there! I hope you guys enjoyed this short story, I wanted to try something new and I always secretly shipped Spike and Vinyl Scratch together. I don’t know why, but I get the feeling that they understand each other despite from what I’ve seen they’ve only seen each other and maybe spoken on a few small occasions.

That, and I felt I needed a change of pace given that I mostly write mature stories. But I do not want to limit myself to what I write since I do want to write stories that every pony can read.

But anyway, that was all from me, I hope you liked the story and I hope to meet you again!

Comments ( 6 )

Short story, but still loved it.

Very nice, loved it

Managed to read the 2 remaining chapters I didn't know were posted.

Pretty nice

Login or register to comment