• Published 10th Sep 2021
  • 534 Views, 11 Comments

A Little Pony's Story - TheFlint44



She's the Little Pony. She's the happiest pony around, but sometimes, there would also be dark clouds.

  • ...
1
 11
 534

A Little Pony's Story

Intro

She’s the Little Pony. Everypony says that she’s the daughter of the Creator.

She lived merrily.

  

The Little Pony’s mom loved her very much. She often made cakes that the Little Pony liked, and told her bedtime stories before she went to bed. Mom’s room was piled with her photos.

The Little Pony could see her mom raise the sun for her every day. She loved the sun.

  

Verse 1

In the first year after the Little Pony was born, she met a lot of new ponies. In fact, she had made five friends on the first day alone. Mommy awarded her some delicate toys, and the Little Pony got excited.

Every day, the Little Pony would witness so many curious things, such as sweets on plates, clouds in the sky, and grass and flowers on the ground. But none of these could satisfy the Little Pony’s endless curiosity.

She also loved taking adventures from time to time. She and her friends once made it to the summit of a mountain, and drove away a giant dragon.

Oh, by the way, the Little Pony got her cutie mark when she saw the most magnificent and vivid rainbow, but she didn’t know what it meant.

She had magical abilities, though. The Little Pony would play outside with her friends every day, but no matter what challenges they met, they would solve them eventually. Ponies all said, “the Goddess had arranged these all.”

The Little Pony didn’t know why they said so, but she was happy about it anyway. When the mood struck, she would even sing aloud with her friends – but of course, nopony could sing as beautifully as her.

The Little Pony’s mom still raised the sun for her every day, and baked cakes for her, and told her bedtime stories. The Little Pony loved these stories.

  

Verse 2

Days were gone; seasons were passed. It’s been the second year. The Little Pony grew up fast, so did the number of her friends.

Then one day, mom said she was going to be gone to create another world. She entrusted other ponies to look after the Little Pony.

She said, “There’s a long way ahead of you; please be strong.”

The Little Pony ensured her, “Don’t worry, I am the toughest pony around!”

The Little Pony’s mom smiled with pride.

  

After that, there still were ponies raising the sun. There still were cakes and bedtime stories for the Little Pony.

But she missed her mom.

But that was okay. Because the Little Pony had got lots and lots of friends, and they presented her with lots and lots of gifts.

The Little Pony still went out to play with her friends, with whom she wore the prettiest clothes, ate the yummiest dishes, chased the cutest butterflies, and gazed the brightest rainbow. When the night fell, the gifts given by friends would keep her company. There were an abundance of paintings, drawings, stories, songs, all kinds of stuff about her – but of course, nopony could compose better songs than she did.

With so many friends, who needs a mom?

So the Little Pony wasn’t very sad about that. She thought she had been tough.

  

The Little Pony still smiled every day, while she was exploring more of her world, making new friends, playing with them, and appreciating their gifts.

Bedtime stories continued. She could learn so much from them every day.

The Little Pony grew up fast.

  

Chorus 1

Time elapsed. It felt like it took only a blink for the third year to come. Everything was calm; everything was normal.

Till one day, the Little Pony came to a dreamy paradise. Her past life clips showed in front of her like dreams.

The Little Pony walked forward, and met an angel. The angel said she would offer her a most special, most delicate gift, which would be even better than all the gifts given by her friends in total, if she accepted which, everypony would show their love to her.

So she accepted.

  

The Little Pony was so excited, she ran to her friends to show off her new gift. “Look!” she exclaimed.

However, her friends seemed not to know her anymore. Some of them left; some even destroyed the gifts they planned to give her.

The Little Pony was at a loss. She wanted to chase her friends back. “Wait, please don’t go!”

She caught up with one of them.

Yet the friend didn’t recognize her, only moved on. “Who are you, anyways?”

The Little Pony exerted her full strength and ran at her full speed. She was breathless when she caught up with the second friend.

However, the situation didn’t get any better. “You are so weird. Go away! I don’t know you at all!” the friend said as they quickened their step.

The Little Pony climbed over the highest mountain, passed through the widest ocean, hipped over the deepest ditch, and galloped through the longest road. Finally, she caught up with the third friend.

However, the situation got even worse. “Get off! You freak!” The friend escaped without even looking back.

They left so fast that the Little Pony couldn’t catch.

  

She didn’t understand. Why would they want to leave her? Did she do something wrong?

She was so lost.

  

But it was okay. Not all of her friends chose to leave; some of them still kept by her side, continuing to present her with their heartly made gifts. There were still paintings about her, drawings about her, stories about her and songs about her – but of course, her songs were still the best.

  

Verse 3

Time’s steps never stop. In a blink of time, the fourth year had come.

The Little Pony still lived happily.

  

Now that she got bigger, she didn’t need bedtime stories anymore. The Little Pony started to keep a diary. She mostly kept some trivial matters every day, but she was a good writer anyway, who could make the most mundane life clips vivid and fascinating.

She even wrote a song – “bon, bon, bon bon da la la…” She often started her singing with this song. It was her favorite.

No, it was her second favorite. Mom played another song when she did the cleaning before. At that time the Little Pony was little and didn’t know much, but that song impressed her greatly nevertheless.

Every time she sang that song she would think of her mom.

  

No way, she didn’t miss her mom at all. She was the toughest pony around, after all. No crying, no complaining.

She still kept a smile every day.

  

Verse 4

Time, time, sometimes you feel it’s slow, but actually it’s the fastest thing of all. Here came the fifth year.

  

Every day the Little Pony would see clouds in the sky, and grass and flowers on the ground, but these couldn’t make her fascinated anymore – the world in front of her could no longer satisfy her infinite curiosity.

Therefore, the Little Pony came to a perfect solution: be a time-space traveler. So she could go to the worlds beyond her dimension.

She went to so many foreign places, in one of which she even met her mom’s sister, but she seemed a little cold to her… Was that because of the angel’s gift, too? The Little Pony couldn’t know.

She traveled on and on, and one time she came to a world filled with bugs. Was that created by her mom, too? …No way, mom hated bugs.

The Little Pony traveled endlessly. So many places had she been to, but nowhere could she find a trace of her mother. The Little Pony began to miss the time passed by.

Was this the feeling of nostalgia?

  

Of course, besides the time-space traveling, the Little Pony didn’t forget about her friends.

The Little Pony still went out with them every day. She already wore the prettiest clothes, ate the yummiest dishes, chased the cutest butterflies, and gazed the brightest rainbow.

She treasured the gifts her friends gave her, and put them away. There were all sorts of trinkets stored in her room – paintings, drawings stories, songs – making her room even seemed like a treasure room. But as always, her songs would always be the best.

By the way, her diary book had been fully written. Well, she was a big pony already; who needs a diary anyway?

  

Bridge

Time’s fleeting; time’s flying. The sixth year came like nopony knew.

One day, the Little Pony suddenly found that there was a Mysterious Pony sneaking behind her.

Maybe out of her instinct, the Little Pony stepped ahead and said hello. “Hi! I am the Little Pony. You don’t have to hide. We could be friends in no time!”

The Mysterious Pony didn’t say anything, but ran away.

The Little Pony didn’t get frustrated, for she had been in similar situations many times. She already had so many friends. Old ones go; new ones come. Although all these changes, she’s always had companies. How could a strange pony like this matter?

The Little Pony still wore a smile every day.

  

However, one day, that Mysterious Pony appeared again.

The Little Pony came to her and asked, “Why do you hide? Don’t you wanna be friends with me?”

The Mysterious Pony said, “I want friends so badly… You are the kindest, cutest, smartest, and toughest pony I’ve ever seen, but… I’m scared to be discovered being with you.”

The Little Pony giggled. “Why would you be scared? I really am the best pony, ain't I?” Her sound of laughter was as refreshing as a stream in the spring.

The Mysterious Pony still didn’t say anything. She sighed, and walked away.

  

Maybe, they could be friends eventually?

  

Verse 5

Time is the most magical thing of all. It can change anything, like water can wear off the hardest rock bit by bit.

That Mysterious Pony did become the Little Pony’s friend.

In the seventh year, they quickly got almost inseparable. The Little Pony shared her past life with her Good Friend. They talked about so many things, like the cakes, bedtime stories and the sunrise, sunsets her mother did for her. The Good Friend always listened carefully. She said, she envied the Little Pony’s life so badly.

  

The Little Pony showed her the gifts given by her other friends – these paintings, drawings, stories, songs, you name it. The Good Friend said, “I wish I could give you something decent as well.”

So from that on, the Good Friend began to sing her a song every day.

The Good Friend liked music, however she seemed not very good at singing. She sang out of tune, and got a bad sense of rhythm.

The Little Pony laughed at her – she sang the best songs after all – but the Good Friend wasn’t offended. She just kept singing, casually but happily.

Gradually, the Little Pony had got used to the Good Friend’s singing.

  

Days passed one after another. The Good Friend’s voice had become better and better. Though it wasn’t most beautiful, it was enjoyable.

On a special day, the Good Friend came to the Little Pony. “I said I wished to give you something decent, remember?” she said as she presented her with a giant gift box.

The Little Pony opened it without hesitation, but only to find it was empty – well, almost empty. She didn’t realize there was a piece of lyrics until she gave it a closer look. It was composed only for her.

Sometimes, the time would give us an unexpected surprise.

  

Verse 6

The Little Pony dreamed a dream, in which she found herself in a zoo. There were cows, dragons, eagles and… bugs. The Little Pony didn’t like bugs.

To her strangeness, all these creatures and ponies were living in the same room. Wouldn’t that be total chaos? There were so many peculiar things even weirder than the scenes she had seen in her time-space travels.

What a nightmare.

  

Which was okay. When she woke up, there were still many friends by her side. She smiled in relief. With friends, there’s nothing to be afraid of.

  

In the eighth year, the Little Pony and the Good Friend were getting increasingly closer – or intimate, in other words. Besides singing for her every day, the Good Friend also did almost everything she could for her. She even painstakingly wrote a piece of long romance poetry.

Which didn’t make the Little Pony feel too comfortable, however. She thought she was trying to draw her attention by all means.

They had been getting too close.

One day, the Little Pony found her Good Friend. “Don’t you feel tired doing so much for me every day?”

The Good Friend replied, “As long as it’s for you, I would do anything.”

Then, only silence remained.

  

As time went by, the Good Friend was getting excessively further. She not only kept an eye on the Little Pony all day, but also rummaged around in her room for these paintings, drawings, stories, songs… She’d even collect every bit of air the Little Pony breathed if she could.

She wanted to make her her own.

  

The Little Pony found her Good Friend, and took out two bottles of liquor – the Little Pony never drinks liquor. She asked her, “You want it?”

The Good Friend sensed something was wrong, yet she just smiled at her. “Why not?”

“Don’t you think you’ve changed?”

“No, I don’t. The same as always.”

“Yes, you do.”

“Then you’ve changed, too…” The Good Friend smiled bitterly, taking a gulp of the liquor.

The sun was setting. They sat on the hillside, with the long shadow of the distant castle cast on the meadow.

  

Chorus 2

The Little Pony broke the toys her mother gave her, which were awards for making friends on the first day.

Well, why would she be sad? She had so much better stuff anyways.

But the ponies her mother entrusted to look after her were gone as well. They just thought she had grown up.

Well, she was still not upset. She had always been tough. She could make her way through trials and hardships all on her own.

Never would she be hurt even if she had lost the last bond with her mother.

  

The Little Pony discovered a note left by her Good Friend. The crude hoofwriting seemed dotted with tears.

  

Dear my Little Pony,

Sorry I didn’t say goodbye in person. I just have to go.

It’s been a pleasure to spend time with you. The time I spent with you has been the gems in my memory. But it’s just… There’s a bigger world for me to pursue. I don’t know if I will ever come back. I hope you remember me.

Anyway, thank you, for everything. Thank you, My Little Pony.

Yours, Good Friend

  

Another friend left.

The Little Pony had lost count of how many times she had had similar experiences. She wanted to cry, but she had no tears.

Alright, since no tears, she could still have smiles.

  

The Little Pony’s life continued.

She still played outside with her other friends and explored more of the other worlds during the day. When the night came, her company would be kept by these gifts her friends gave her – there would always be paintings, drawings, stories, songs.

How long could a life like this last?

The Little Pony still kept a smile every day. There was sunshine and rainbows in her heart.

  

Outro

Didn’t know why, everypony said that she would meet her time soon.

The Little Pony couldn’t understand. Wasn’t she still young? Didn’t she get a long life to live?

They all said that she’s the daughter of the Creator, that she would have to go to another world.

Oh, so that was the reason. Alright, set off then. The Little Pony smiled. She had seen the whole world and left her hoofprints here. What more could she ever ask for?

So she set forth, singing.

And brought a storybook with her.

  

Author's Note:

This story is special for me in many aspects. I got really depressed when the finale was about to come, and I wrote this to dispel my sadness. Sorry for all the ambiguity, but I hope you enjoyed it.

If you found any typo or grammar mistake, please notify me by PM. Thank you for your reading.

Comments ( 11 )

Beautiful story!

She’d even collect every bit of air the Little Pony breathed if she could.

I thought this part was particularly cute and clever. Overall a pleasant little story with a twinge of sadness, like most good stories.

I got really depressed when the finale was about to come, and I wrote this to dispel my sadness

I felt kinda sad when the finale finale aired too. Watching episodes live every weekend had become part of my routine for a long time, and it gave me something to look forward to on a regular basis.

Comment posted by WatchTower1992 deleted Sep 11th, 2021
Comment posted by TheFlint44 deleted Sep 11th, 2021
Comment posted by WatchTower1992 deleted Sep 11th, 2021

How long could a life like this last?

At least a decade.:twilightsheepish:

Oh, so that was the reason. Alright, set off then. The Little Pony smiled. She had seen the whole world and left her hoofprints here. What more could she ever ask for?

So she set forth, singing.

And brought a storybook with her.

Hope I can be that optimistic. At some point in our life, we have to kiss goodbye to those who we loved, or something we cherished.
Time can relieve the pain, but it will still sting every time I think about it.
It is an adorable story with a sad undertone. You did a good job capturing the emotions. I'm really looking forward to your future story.:heart:

This hit me in the heart.
It seems we both had to write a story to push past the pain of the show ending. I hope your writing of this nice story helped you get through the hard times. Good writing often does.

11022394
Thank you! You are very kind. :heart:

Nice little short story

That was wonderful... and sad, too.
Well, we are still here, we still love the Little Pony, doesn't this mean that she is alive?

Login or register to comment