• Published 1st May 2021
  • 982 Views, 31 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestria Pirates - Lucasnike123



The adventures of the pirate Twilight Sparkle and her friends to find the Kingdom of Equestria have just begun.

  • ...
2
 31
 982

4) Twilight's Past! Her friend Cadance!

In the middle of the ocean, Fluttershy's boat is attacked by a small ship that belongs to three members of the Pirates of Sombra (the third strongest pirate in the area), but she, in reality, tricks them by pretending to ask for help, offering them a fake treasure chest.

When the pirates fall into the trap, Fluttershy steals their ship and flees with their treasure, while the three pirates are knocked down by a small storm that Fluttershy had predicted beforehand.

Meanwhile, not far from there, Twilight and Rainbow continue their journey, hungry and not knowing where to go. Then, when Rainbow rocks the boat a little, Twilight's crown flies off, and upon retrieving it, she begins to remember how she got it.


Ten years ago, Twilight was just a little girl when a famous pirate named Mi Amore Cadance, aka "Crystal Heart", arrived in her hometown, Ponyville, to set up temporary base for her crew. Over time, Twilight considered Cadance her idol, dreaming of being a pirate like her.

One day, during one of the parties they were having at the local bar, the party was interrupted by the arrival of Higumo's band of bandits, who demanded alcohol, which Cadance unfortunately drank.

After the argument, where Cadance didn't even defend herself against Higumo's insults, Twilight became angry at such humiliation that Cadance and his crew didn't give it any importance, but Twilight did. Then, while she is angry, Twilight eats a mysterious fruit that was among Cadance's treasure, who is alarmed as she reveals that said fruit was the "Magic-Magic Fruit", warning Twilight that, after eating it, she will never be able to swim again.

A few days later, Higumo and his bandits return to the bar and Twilight confronts them, ready to defend Cadance's honor for laughing at her.

Then, just at the moment when Higumo was going to kill Twilight, Cadance appears along with his crew and they engage in combat with Higumo's bandits, in which his three best fighters participate: Maud Pie, Flash Magnus and Somnambula. They defeat them easily, but at the last moment, a frightened Higumo flees using a smoke bomb, taking Twilight with him as a hostage, making Cadance worry.

At sea, Higumo throws a frightened Twilight into the water, as he knew about the weakness of Devil Fruit users, but just as he does so, he is devoured by a huge sea serpent called "The Lord of the Coast". While Twilight tries not to drown, the sea serpent prepares to eat her, but Cadance saves her at the last moment, scaring the animal and losing her left leg in the process, leaving Twilight traumatized by her guilt.

A few days later, Cadance and her crew decide to leave Ponyville, and knowing that Twilight will be willing to surpass her by promising to be the Queen of Equestria, she decides to give her a special crown, which for her is "the most valuable thing" of her treasure, as reminder of that promise.


Back in the present, a hungry Twilight decides to capture a bird she sees from afar, but then discovers that said bird was actually huge and she gets stuck in its beak.

Rainbow chases the bird and along the way rescues the three pirates that Fluttershy left adrift, and they try to take over the boat, only to be forced to row after being quickly defeated by Rainbow. Along the way, they tell Rainbow that she belongs to the Pirates of Sombra and tell her about her captain.

Meanwhile, in a city called Yellow Town, Fluttershy runs away from some members of the Pirates of Sombra, as she had stolen a map from them, only for a confused Twilight to fall from the sky among them, because the bird that caught was hit by a cannon shot.

Author's Note:

As they travel to Equestria, Twilight remembers the story of how she obtained her crown from the pirate she idolizes: the legendary Cadance "Crystal Heart".


This chapter begins the "Pirates of Sombra Arc".

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment